CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna and Blonde Hair

2 posters

Go down

Henna and Blonde Hair Empty Henna and Blonde Hair

Post by By His Design 5th August 2010, 2:55 pm

I am an afro-caribbean woman, light-skinned with natural blonde hair (yes natural). I have just bc'd for the second time after a horrible experience with the straighteners and have just come across using henna and would love to try it but I'm worried how much it will dye my hair.....really would like some thoughts on this.

Thanks and God Bless

By His Design

Back to top Go down

Henna and Blonde Hair Empty Re: Henna and Blonde Hair

Post by R2D2 6th August 2010, 3:56 am

Hi there,

Do you want to keep your blonde hair? If so, I would not recommend the henna. It will turn it red. If you are still willing to experiment then I would suggest you do a strand test first to get an idea of what it would be like all over. You can do a strand test on shed hairs.

Another option would be to try cassia, which is often called neutral henna and which doesn't deposit colour. I don't have any personal experience of this though and how it compares to henna in terms of conditioning.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by By His Design 6th August 2010, 3:38 pm

I would like to keep my colour as previous experience has taught me that once it has dyed I willl have to keep maintaining it. Blonde hair doesn't grow colour out as gracefully as darker hair colours!

I will definately look into Cassia...thank you!!!

By His Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down