CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

+49
priceless
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
jlowman1
nattyblog
swoodward
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
raina
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
jcanalena79
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
ColdDiva
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
rain20
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
CocaColaCutie
SisterBoyd
Pinkrage
KinkyNappyHappy
miznissi
curly+kinky+fierce
shazzy
AfrikanLatina
HumanNature
jamaicacurl
Courtney
Freestyles
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
vmichelle
ChrsLvsBks
blondie
53 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Empty Re: ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

Post by HumanNature 1st January 2010, 8:04 pm

What a great job on keeping your blonde hair so healthy. I loove your curls. Very beautiful!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Empty Re: ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st January 2010, 8:29 pm

very nice blondie ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 1:58 am

Another wonderful accident!! I love it ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 2nd January 2010, 4:25 am

Lynnieluve wrote:So you decided to join us! Welcome to the challenge!

BTW, I got my BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I think I like it. I've only used it once so the verdict is still out.

What's the consistency of it? What product would you compare the consistency to? I'm looking at Bee Mine and debating on purchasing some products.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 2nd January 2010, 4:35 am

Thank you ladies!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 12:24 pm

blondie wrote:

BTW, I got my BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I think I like it. I've only used it once so the verdict is still out.

What's the consistency of it? What product would you compare the consistency to? I'm looking at Bee Mine and debating on purchasing some products.

I haven't tried a product with a consistency like this. It is definitely does not have a butter consistency. It has a light weight creamy consistency.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 2nd January 2010, 3:51 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
blondie wrote:

I haven't tried a product with a consistency like this. It is definitely does not have a butter consistency. It has a light weight creamy consistency.

Ok, thanks! That's the weight I like to put on my whole head. The thick butters go on the ends. If I put the heavy weight all over, I risk looking like a wet rat ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_eek because it too heavy for my hair.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd January 2010, 8:42 pm

Lord help me, I'm getting so hair lazy. I think because I having been working the past few months, so time is not as precious as when it is when you have a 9-5.

That means that I haven't been doing as many deep conditioners, but I ALWAYS moisturize and seal morining (or whenever I roll out of bed) and night. My hair is in good shape; I accidently got a strand caught in something, I yanked before I realized it. I could feel it stretch a bit and then it snapped. When it did snap, I mean you could hear it in the next room! Strong strands man!

Anyhoo, I have learned that the older my hair gets the better it looks. Also, I don't need a lot of styling products, I found my Holy Grail 2 weeks after my BC and have since been on a quest to find something that is as good. Since I haven't, I'll stick with it (Elasta QP Feels Like Silk), but I have found many a good conditioner moisturizer. So I guess that'll be my focus on this here thread. What product, what it does for me, how I use it and why. I figure I must be doing something right, so I'll keep pluggin along!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd January 2010, 8:45 pm

How are you using the Elasta QP Feels Like Silk?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 9:17 pm

blondie wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
blondie wrote:

Ok, thanks! That's the weight I like to put on my whole head. The thick butters go on the ends. If I put the heavy weight all over, I risk looking like a wet rat ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_eek because it too heavy for my hair.

The wet rat look is not the business. ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd January 2010, 9:35 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:How are you using the Elasta QP Feels Like Silk?

After I wash, put in my leave in, I just put that over the whole head. I do it by sections so I don't end up using too much. You can't use an oil under the FLS because it can't penetrate and you'll end up looking frizzy. I just put the FLS in and rake it through with my fingers. I usually put an oil or water based creme over it. That's it!

Last edited by blondie on 4th January 2010, 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th January 2010, 4:23 pm

Rule #1 - treat your hair as if it's on it's last leg, regardless of it's actual condition. Which leads us to ......

Leave ins, let's talk about them, shall we?! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Most folks like a spritz (Protective Mist Bodifier is a popular one), a commercial leave in (ex. Giovanni's), or maybe their own mix...all of which are fine. In fact, I myself love the Bodifier and Giovanni's. But I have found that by using things according to ingredients, not their intended purpose, gets a girl more bang for her buck.

I prefer deep conditioners or rinse out conditioners for my leave ins. I got this idea from my stylist, and I tell you, my strands are hella strong!! Although I'm not protein sensitive, I do use non-protein DCs as leave ins. My all time fav (and the one I am using right now) is My Honey Child's Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste. Despite the name, it is thin enough so that after I apply it in sections, my hair just drinks it up. Another favorite is Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner and Taliah Waajid's Herbal conditioner. I only use the DCs after a wash and the conditioners I use after a wash and occasionally in my nightly routine.

Last edited by blondie on 5th January 2010, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th January 2010, 10:18 pm

New miscellaneous updo -

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 05710

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 05910
~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 06410
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 10:34 pm

Blondie, I love your hair!!! I bet caucasian ladies be hating on you. ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Lol Your hair looks so healthy!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 10:44 pm

Gosh, your hair is gorgeous!

---Reese ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th January 2010, 11:15 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Blondie, I love your hair!!! I bet caucasian ladies be hating on you. ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Lol Your hair looks so healthy!

I did have a little old white man who worked at the Home Depot run me down asking me what I used to color my hair. Apparently his wife could never get his the blonde he wanted...mine!!! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_razz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th January 2010, 11:15 pm

Freestyles wrote:Gosh, your hair is gorgeous!

---Reese ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_rr

Thank you so much! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 4th January 2010, 11:29 pm

Girl your hair is so pretty! Each lock of curls just looks so perfect all over! I also like to use rinse out conditioners as a leave in. I think my most moisturizing one is GVP Conditioning Balm. Have you tried it? I'm going to look into that Elasta QP Feels like Silk....
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 11:34 pm

I have to stay out of your thread now that I am on the road to PJ recovery. I'm trying to do good in this challenge and you are no good for me lol I'm just kidding. I'm going to be strong but I'm making a list of POSSIBLE things to try in the future once my current stash starts to dwindle.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 5th January 2010, 12:16 am

Blondie I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait til you're featured on my blog as a regular...the ladies gonna come a running!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 5th January 2010, 12:58 am

jamaicacurl wrote:Girl your hair is so pretty! Each lock of curls just looks so perfect all over! I also like to use rinse out conditioners as a leave in. I think my most moisturizing one is GVP Conditioning Balm. Have you tried it? I'm going to look into that Elasta QP Feels like Silk....

Thank you!

No, I haven't tried it, it has some stuff I avoid. With the Feels Like Silk, get the 16oz. The 8 oz bottle has a different formulation.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 5th January 2010, 12:59 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:I have to stay out of your thread now that I am on the road to PJ recovery. I'm trying to do good in this challenge and you are no good for me lol I'm just kidding. I'm going to be strong but I'm making a list of POSSIBLE things to try in the future once my current stash starts to dwindle.

You can run, but you can't hide...the PJ in you ALWAYS comes out!!! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_razz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 5th January 2010, 12:59 am

vmichelle wrote:Blondie I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait til you're featured on my blog as a regular...the ladies gonna come a running!! LOL

I can't wait, it's gonna be fun! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th January 2010, 10:35 am

Very nice Blondie and always so defined. I love that color it's so even toned. Your curls are an inspiration. ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Icon_tongue
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 3:52 pm

Man I have CURL envy! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! - Page 2 Fresse
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next