CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sister

+14
BrownSkinDiva
Renabme
dajewel
Corygentri
NylaCoils
NubieNatty
Preezie
Tamren
cococurly
Kea::curls
Muz
Lynnieluve
Miss CurlyT
ChrsLvsBks
18 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Big Sister - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Sister

Post by NubieNatty 21st December 2009, 2:21 pm

wooooooow coco! ur head looks GOOD!! u have gorgeous cheek bones too! doesnt it feel so refreshing to know ur hair goes with ANYTHING u put on. let the PJ begin, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2009, 6:56 pm

Cococurly, YOU ARE ROCKIN THAT TWA!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2009, 8:49 pm

How is everyone doing? Did you try any new styles or products this weekend? Please share.

I am here if you have any questions. I think I need to use other oils when I use wheat germ oil. I applied some all over to seal in moisture and my hair feels dry
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . No, I never tried it alone. Aloe vera gel to the rescue.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2009, 11:39 pm

You already know how I am doing. How did your flaxseed gel thingy turn out? Have you used it yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cococurly 21st December 2009, 11:43 pm

@lynnie and Nubie...Glad u like the TWA, I am loving it also. Yes, my hair does go with anything and its easy to style.

@ Chrs.. I cowashed my hair for the first time on Sunday, and I loved every minute of it. I couldnt wait until after church and my sons football banquet, so I could get my hand in my hair. I co washed with Aussie moist, applied kc knot today leave in, then sealed with coconut oil. I then applied kccc and baby buttercreme. I let my hair air dry. My hair felt so good. The only negative so far, is I feel like i need more shine. Any recommendations or changes that you think i should make?
cococurly
cococurly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 1:29 am

Two good things for shine are honey and ACV. You can do rinses with both. You can use a teaspoon of honey to a half cup of water.

As far as an ACV rinse, you can put three tablespoons of water in two cups of water. ACV helps to shut the cuticle. Cuticles that lie smooth reflect light better. I do not rinse it out but you may.

Always do a final rinse with cold water. Again, this helps close the cuticle.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 22nd December 2009, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the word cold before water)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd December 2009, 3:00 pm

when i first bc'd my hair was dry too. try not to put too many products in your hair so it can come into its own. co-wash's and keepin it moisturized day and night trains your hair to hold onto some shine. be patient, it will come! i noticed more shine when i started out with coconut and shea's; and dc'in w/oils too!

how did the buttercreme work w/anything else? i used the curly one and couldnt mix it with ANYTHING!! so let me know ur review on the baby one...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd December 2009, 5:24 pm

I like MJ baby buttercreme. I used it to do twist/twist out. I've gotten the best twist out results with MJs. After I shampoo or co wash, I always use Beyond the Zone leave in (it's a spray), Giovanni Direct Leave in and coconut oil (in that order) no matter what styler I am gonna use. One thing I like about the baby buttercreme is you dont have to wear your twist for a few days to get good definition. I had great sheen and my hair was soft.

Check out NikkiMae2003 review on the product on YouTube. She was the reason I wanted to try MJ Baby Buttercreme. My hair is not as long as her's but I pretty much got the same results she did. I wasnt able to put the link here.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd December 2009, 5:28 pm

i wanted to try the baby buttercreme cuz i gave my curly one away to my sister cuz it just doesnt mesh well with other products. i think i'll try like a small size of the baby one!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 10:30 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You already know how I am doing. How did your flaxseed gel thingy turn out? Have you used it yet?
The flax seed gel turned out as it should. I am trying to determine the correct hair product cocktail for a WnG. I used it last night and will try it again a few more times before I go back to work Monday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by cococurly 22nd December 2009, 10:57 pm

@ Chrs and Nubie... thanks for your tips, I will definitely have to try them! I'll keep u guys posted.
@ Nubie... I havent noticed any problem mixing the baby buttercreme with other products.
cococurly
cococurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 23rd December 2009, 12:59 pm

cococurly wrote:Here's a pic from yesterday, I was going to my job Chrismas party!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You look great!!! I cant wait to do my BC...althought I probably wont go as short as you did but you look hot sis!
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 23rd December 2009, 1:04 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:How is everyone doing? Did you try any new styles or products this weekend? Please share.

I am here if you have any questions. I think I need to use other oils when I use wheat germ oil. I applied some all over to seal in moisture and my hair feels dry
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . No, I never tried it alone. Aloe vera gel to the rescue.

I've been on vacation all week and I usually spend most of my time at work on this site but my mind ran on all you fabulous ladies and I had to check in and see what was going on! I ordered henna and it came 2 days ago...I am getting ready to try it for the !st time...but I am looking for recipes...Curly Nikki had a tutorial and I can't seem to find it. Whats your recipe CHRS???
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd December 2009, 4:32 pm

My recipe for henna is very simple. I add water to 200g of henna (if you have too much, you can freeze it) and stir until the consistency of pudding. The last time I used orange juice (16 ounces) and water. I think I like the juice and water results better. I think it was the orange juice that made the difference since I typically just add water.

Please do a strand test (use shed hair) and skin test (inner part of elbow) before applying it to your hair.

Two good tips with henna is to ensure you rinse it out and deep condition afterwards.

Where did you purchase your henna?

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 23rd December 2009, 4:58 pm

http://spiritvisionhenna.com/henna_powder.html

I purchased my henna from the website above. I have been researching henna so much over the past few weeks that now my eyes cross everytime I see the word! I am excited to try it to see what the affects are but then again I am scared (don't ask me why LOL). To top it off my mom is yelling in my ear every minute saying I dont need that "mess" in my hair because nothing is wrong with my hair. But then again she is old school and thinks nothing is good for you hair except water and grease...lol.

Another thing is how long do you leave the henna in your hair?

And thanks for the tip. I might def do a strand test, that might help alleviate some of my fears
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd December 2009, 6:47 pm

I use henna for color. I leave it in for at least four hours. I need gray coverage.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd December 2009, 9:26 pm

so another topic was started in ref to color...u only color with henna? u never colored with rinses n salon color? ur henna recipe sounds simple, i gotta add that to my hair journal. and i thought henna is already a dc...u henna AND dc?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 4:01 pm

I have greys and used to try to cover them using products you purchase from the BSS. They would not cover my grays or my hair. I thought it was because I was natural. I then had my hair colored in a salon once to cover the grays. I never did it again because my grays came in too soon.

I DC with henna because I had read that it could be drying. I always DC after using it and my ayurvedic herbs (many of them are conditioning also).

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th December 2009, 6:29 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Here is a style, I plan to try with bantu knots.

1) Section hair in the front from ear to ear (I think it should be done on damp hair since hair is weakest when wet)

2) Clip the back and make parts in the front (large, medium or small)

3) Either two strand flat twist, single strand flat twist or braid the front

4) When you get to the end of each twist or braid, put in a bantu knot (don't forget to add extra moisture here and seal before you do the knot)

5) For the back, you can do a bantu knot out or do the same thing you did in the front

6) If there are bantu knots from the front and back, after a few days you can release them and have a bantu knot out

7)Pins can help you arrange the bantu knot out

Okay, I'm trying that out today. I set the style last night and ended up sitting under a medium/low dryer so it could get mostly dry before I went to bed. I'm not too sure about the twists, LOL, but I figure once I take the knots down and cover the part from ear to ear it will be all good. Since I don't have anywhere to go today, I'm leaving the knots in, I did them medium/small so I'll probably end up with pretty tight curls. I'll post a pic of the results either tomorrow or Saturday.

Oh, and I'm also doing the bun challenge, so I went out and bought two bun hair pieces, I think I'm going to have to find interesting ways to do my hair outside of just slicking it back because I think I'll get sick of just doing that by March. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Muz on 24th December 2009, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th December 2009, 6:30 pm

cococurly wrote:@lynnie and Nubie...Glad u like the TWA, I am loving it also. Yes, my hair does go with anything and its easy to style.

@ Chrs.. I cowashed my hair for the first time on Sunday, and I loved every minute of it. I couldnt wait until after church and my sons football banquet, so I could get my hand in my hair. I co washed with Aussie moist, applied kc knot today leave in, then sealed with coconut oil. I then applied kccc and baby buttercreme. I let my hair air dry. My hair felt so good. The only negative so far, is I feel like i need more shine. Any recommendations or changes that you think i should make?

I'm not Chrs, but I know that Castor Oil does great for shine (at least for me), and you can put it in a spray bottle with some water so your hair won't get weighed down (but make sure you shake well before every use). I also use Castor Oil when deep conditioning (I LOVE that stuff ~lol~).
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 11:39 pm

@Muz, you can do different parts-over left/right eye, middle; do braids or twists in the front. Remember to not pull too tight or place the bun in the same place. It helps protect your hairline. In addition, you can place the bun at different places-nape, high, ear. Another option is a bump/hump in the front.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 25th December 2009, 1:41 pm

Here's the post on how it came out, and how I did it. Feel free to add any pointers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And Merry Christmas everyone!
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th December 2009, 5:54 pm

santa Merry Christmas to each of you santa

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 25th December 2009, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct emoticons)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th December 2009, 6:04 pm

Muz, your style came out very nicely! I like it alot.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by cococurly 26th December 2009, 4:36 pm

@ Chrs... I was originally planning on doing my first henna treatment in april, so I could see how my hair grows alone, but do you recommend that I do it now rather than waiting? I am also interested in trying the Vatika oil/brahmi/amla. Should I wait or go ahead and try them?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cococurly
cococurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next