CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+66
miamomia
caramelnaps25
LyricurLLy
sweetface1118
Maricopa
BekkaPoo
ablockle
MicaiahTy
CeeC
Pinkpearls
new2curl
caracara01
Peachtree
CrissyQ
wygreen
MsVera
Naturalin2010
caracara
sjoyreed
Allidaughter
JerseyGyrl
happynappy
jerseygirl
Free2Be
Rican42
Freeatlast41
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
jamaicacurl
naturalcrownnglory
padee99
naturalhonney
Lynnieluve
FloridaSunshiny
Russianjoy
Offandrunning
sweetdrk1
TaSiaJaY
Zumbalicious
ElleX
dst27
Naturalpenny
TheRYL1
blondie
Delta87
BlondeByDesire
jcokes
perkynapp
Adeola
Armywife
ShyCurl
savvybrown
Miz B
Natural Wheezes
naturallydestined
Intelligentbeauty
kbelle
Bree125
ChrsLvsBks
lena73
loveself247
traveljunkie08
Rock'n Natural Curls
tshala
NylaCoils
SisterBoyd
70 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 21 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th February 2010, 2:24 pm

Good morning ladies! I haven't visited in a while. That's great you all get to meet up. I am working on some connections in Ohio so hopefully I'll get to meet some curlies in my neighborhorhood

@freeatlast- I purchased henna and watched it sit around my house for about a month before taking the plunge. I must say that I didn't experience any change in my curl pattern but I DID experience some dryness. The next time I do it I will DC a little longer and add olive oil to my conditioner and twists. That said- i love my henna'ed hair. It gave my gray a pretty reddish-orange color which I love. This is major since I spend major time plucking my grays. Since the henna- I've let them be.

Naturalhonney - do you know what hair type you have? I am thinking we may be similar but not sure?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 21 Empty Fro Hawkin it

Post by TaSiaJaY 17th February 2010, 6:10 pm

Newest look! I rocked my frohawk last month but I know I could have done a little better on the styling.....Here is the new improved Frohawk from today...I
love it! I am in Palm Coast Florida[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 21 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by naturalhonney 17th February 2010, 7:27 pm

@ poeticlyspkng my hair type is 4a/4b its that kinky stuff lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 17th February 2010, 7:37 pm

Ok I had my hair twisted since I did it on Sunday with the trim I didn't take them down yet but I can't wait to see the difference myself . I didn't take pics before the trim didn't cross my mind to do so still not in the habit of grabing the camera every time I do something with my hair but will post the results of my trim. And I noticed this thread is sticky as well what exactly does that mean?
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 19th February 2010, 1:43 pm

@naturahoney when a post is "sticky" it means that no matter when anyone posts to it or how opften, it will always be found at the top of the forum. I guess nikki saw how popular it is here. (21 pages and counting!) and decided to make it easier for us!
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 20th February 2010, 1:14 pm

Hey ladies. I posted a step-by-step tutuorial on how I do my dry twistouts, if anyone is interested.

Dry Twistout How-To
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th February 2010, 2:36 pm

I was just checking in! Looking for style inspiration! I am going to atlantic city!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 20th February 2010, 3:51 pm

@ savvy thanks!
@ Nyla Have a good time! I still have to email those pics I didn't forget!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 20th February 2010, 8:02 pm

This is the result of my hair since I twisted last Sunday and did my trim. I kept my hair twisted a week and it is sooooo fluffy way more than usual could it have grown in a week? When I had started my loc's I never got to touch my hair and let me tell you it did grow a lot and very long so I'm hoping my hair is taking to these twist and give me the same results![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]but I sure hope so!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by naturalhonney on 21st February 2010, 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygirl 20th February 2010, 10:56 pm

I am 43 years old in Milwaukee, WI but I am originally from New Jersey and I loving my age, body and especially my all natural hair! I am 6 months of being totaly natural from wearing a curly texturizer for over 8 years. I did my homework on products that would work on my texture of hair (3B/3C). Just reading different websites and books on Natural Hair maintence and products before I did the BC helped me out alot.

Now, I rock my TWA w/curly curls (Wash & Go), bigger earrings and colorful make up daily not just sometimes. My whole attittude changed for the better and I have more confident about myself. I should have done this years ago!

I get alot of compliments too! I just say "I'm Natural" and "Thank you"!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 21st February 2010, 12:14 am

Welcome to the thread jerseygirl! You will find a wealth of information here. Like you I feel more confident as well and I look for places to go when there aren't any b/c I wanna show off my hair! lol I love my hair but I did have that arkward stage that I didn't like so much in the beginning but I do find myself missing my twa days!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 21st February 2010, 3:57 pm

Natural honney_ thanks for the pics!!
Jersey girl- welcome to the thread! Your twa looks great!

I went with my stand by! I did a frohawk- on dry twisted hair!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 22nd February 2010, 5:37 pm

Welcome Jersey girl. Nyla- how was your trip? Are you going to post pics of the frohawk? I might have to try that style one of these days!

naturalhonney- I have no idea what my hair type is but I think I'm a a definite 4 with some 3 mixed in at the front of my hair. I hate those definitions but I have to say that my hair hates that hair milk. I will be getting rid of it pretty soon but first I'm going to try it the way you have suggested in previous posts- to do my twists and as a moisturizer.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 22nd February 2010, 6:25 pm

poet- the trip was amazing...i got to take some of it the next time i do it!

i need some tips on a good moisturizer that does not contain olive. it tends to dry my hair out. i know---Nyla is F U N N Y!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by happynappy 23rd February 2010, 12:20 am

I thought I was the only one in my late thirties. I was about to throw in the towel. I'm 36 and I usually wear my hair in twist outs or braid outs with a head band. I will wear an afro on the weekends with a t-shirt and some jeans.
happynappy
happynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 23rd February 2010, 1:52 pm

@happynappy Welcome! Naw gurl I got you beat by a couple a years. Why do you want to "throw in the towel?"
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 23rd February 2010, 11:58 pm

Way back when!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 24th February 2010, 12:30 am

Happynappy- welcome
natural honey- you were a cutie!! Guess what I am doing tomorrow??? Going to see Fe'La!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to Jamaica Ave- no shea butter in site!! I guess all this rain washed it away!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 24th February 2010, 12:33 am

@Nylacoils. gurl you will LOVE Fela. Advice: Wear flat shoes, cuz you will be dancing!
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 24th February 2010, 12:36 am

Ok thanks! I should have known - that you have seen it! My next trip to the theatre is to see Lion KiNG!!!!I chose my name - because I am looking for my King and I thought the name of Simba's girlfriend was nyla!!!

I am going to the matinee! Trying to learn my way around. After our lunch- I learned I dont like people to dictate my time! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 24th February 2010, 12:51 am

Hi ladies! Nyla I know that's right and thanks for the compliment I hope you have a good time and
Lion King is FAnTasTiC!!! I'm suprised you didn't find shea butter on the ave[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] don't know that's about!

Last edited by naturalhonney on 24th February 2010, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 24th February 2010, 7:08 pm

Man naturalhonney- your hair was so thick and gorgeous!

Nyla- have a great time. You ladies are making me see I need to get out more!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 24th February 2010, 7:40 pm

poeticlyspkng said:

Man naturalhonney- your hair was so thick and gorgeous!

I've seen her in person, it still is!
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 24th February 2010, 10:12 pm

Thanks ladies those were some painful hair days my mom has three girls and we all had the same hair my youngest sister had the thickest and we use to run when it was time to get our hair done no body wanted to be first! lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th February 2010, 12:32 am

agrees with Savvy and naturalhonney has some thick hair!

FELA!! OMG!!!!! if you havent seen it and are in the NY area! What are you waiting on!!! OK- Lion King!!! Im coming to see you!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next