CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it okay to DC while wearing twists??

3 posters

Go down

Is it okay to DC while wearing twists?? Empty Is it okay to DC while wearing twists??

Post by C. 10th April 2010, 4:45 pm

i just put a million little twists in my hair, but as i was braiding my hair felt dry and straggly so i added some leave in condish to the ends. i think the hardness is because i attempted a wash n go the previous day and used some hair mousse and eco styler gel (to see which would be better-neither worked btw). well i plan on keeping these in for the rest of the semester (only 2 wks remaining [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) but i know that i will need to DC at least twice by then.

I know that they will probably shrink, but I just wanted know if I its safe to DC cuz i dont want to leave any residue or anything that will have adverse effects on my hair (i had a dream that one of my twists fell out from the root [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

i'll probably use HE HH or Suave Rosemary Mint mixed with EVOO or just do a hot oil treatment with the EVOO.

Any ideas??

C.

Back to top Go down

Is it okay to DC while wearing twists?? Empty Re: Is it okay to DC while wearing twists??

Post by lumii 10th April 2010, 5:06 pm

I also have like a zillion twists right now and just washed and dc'ed today. Don't think there's any harm in it
One of my braids once fell out from the root when I had braids in with extensions!!!!! That's what made me stop doing braids. But I guess it was more because I was so careless with my hair
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Is it okay to DC while wearing twists?? Empty Re: Is it okay to DC while wearing twists??

Post by C. 10th April 2010, 5:11 pm

oh okay. but i dont have any extensions, its just my regular ole natural hair..lol i just really need some moisture in my hair and i havent DC in a while.

thanx for the info. i'll probably Dc tonight that way if anything goes wrong I still have time to fix it before Monday..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 1:55 am

I have done it before. The first time I ran my hands over the twists with the conditioner in it and it totally frizzed my twists. The next time I let it get wet and then just "smooshed" the conditioned to keep the integrity of the twists. I tried not to touch it but a couple of times per side. The water will rince the conditioner through your strands.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down