CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+19
naturalhonney
Curly1
poeticlyspkng
CeeC
ajsimmons8
Duchess52
tshala
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
sonance
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
TLog77
Sebastain13
Renny
TheRYL1
MissyCee
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
23 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 11 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by ajsimmons8 23rd February 2011, 11:57 pm

Welcome Choc Very Happy I think you replaced me as the oldest, but I'm not hatin Cool All of the women on here are absolutely wonderful and very supportive - you will enjoy it. I just trimmed my hair tonight; it's probably not the best job, but I do what I can to save a few bucks. When I do my trims, I do it when I'm twisting my hair and at the end of the twist, I simple snip any of the little scraggly and thin ends - it seems to work so far, but I wouldn't mind getting a professional trim/cut but I'm going to wait awhile until a get the length I want, especially in the front since it's the shortest.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 11 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 24th February 2011, 12:10 am

Choc- welcome to the club!! I haven't trimmed my hair in so long! That just reminded me! snip snip lol
Im going to try to wear protective styles for the next few weeks
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 24th February 2011, 1:03 am

I may have finally a great combination for my hair dance I had some mango butter and decided to whip it up with a little grapeseed oil and macadamia nut oil and a little honey. I did my normal poo and condish, applied a little EVOO to my hair, let my hair air dry about 90% and then applied the mango mixture to each section and then applied a little of eco custard to each section. I'm pleasantly surprised; my twist are very defined, extremely soft and not nearly as greasy feeling as when I use my shea butter mixture.

I'll try this again a few times to see how my hair likes it, but I can already tell that my hair is not as weighed down as it is with the shea butter. my fingers and curls are crossed.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th February 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey Ladies!

Welcome Choc...come on in and relax! ;-)

How goes it ladies?

I'm in the midst of moving away from a Jekyl & Hyde land-owner! SMH I've lived here FOREVER and I was really shocked by this person's actions. But, I've learned: you can't put NUTHIN' past folks, even those you know well! So...I'm good. I found a place that's $25 cheaper and has A SECOND BATHROOM! run Doing the happy dance on that FOR RYL! ;-)

Today I found out just how stressed this situation had me...as I'm driving to work, I'm looking over my shoulder (the right shoulder, that's been so tight and stiff lately)...when I moved my shoulder, I felt no pain or tightness. I almost crashed cuz I was pain free! SMH But, it dawned on me...DAMN, I FINALLY FEEL RELIEF AND RELEASE! I'll be somewhere new this weekend...and I'm soooo thankful! run dance

Hair news: My hair felt soft, but looked so dry the last few days. Perhaps it's the cold air (you know me & The Hair aint used to that). So, last night I decided to do what everyone else does: Kimmaytube leave-in...my variation, of course. LOL I used KCKT, with aloe vera gel and JBCO w/coconut oil. I rubbed that in and re-twisted. Today, my hair looks & feels so much better...I got a lil sheen and it's soft and bouncy! YAY! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR RYL! Very Happy

Have a good one, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th February 2011, 10:31 pm

Welcome Choc!

RYL the Devil is a liar! that's right you found a place cheeper!! cheers

I dont have anything to share about Sasha she is uhm..Curly! bahahahahahahahahahaaa

My honey (even though right now I want to hit him with this laptop) said the sweetest thing to me the other night.

Him: reaching for my curls

Me: getting out of his way lol!

Him: you stoopid come here!! I want my hair to look like yours...I love how it curls!

Me: awww thank you honey *still moving to avoid him handling my curls* hahahahahahaahaahah

ain't love grand? *thinks to myself now I have to hang my head off the bed so he don't mess up my curls* hahahahahahahahahaaaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 24th February 2011, 10:47 pm

@sweet, thanks for the laugh, you had me cracking up with the "awwww, but moving so that he doesn't touch your curls" toooo funny. lol!

@ryl, I'm so glad you were able to find a less expensive place, now don't go spending that extra money on hair products Wink
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th February 2011, 12:48 am

Sweet...I can sooooo relate...I move my head, too...especially when I got my hair just how I want it! hahahahahahahahahahaha lol!

AJ...I know, right?!? I can hear a few products calling me now! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th February 2011, 12:13 pm

lol! He won..I had to do my hair this morning! LOL!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 25th February 2011, 6:07 pm

Sweet - sometimes its ok to take one for the curly team. High Five girl Very Happy
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th February 2011, 3:27 am

Wooo!!!! I just caught up from the months I've been away!

Heyyyyy!!!!!!!

I didn't realize how much I missed you guys *BIG HUGE HUGS*

Ya'll have been doing the doggone thing. I talked to Ryl (Rey-non) this afternoon and realized that I haven't been in here in forever! Oh yeah I got to hear the "man" and said Hi to him, "Hi Man" hahahahaha

Let me start with Sweets...hang your head off of the bed and still had to do your hair in the morning. Girl! Girl! Girl! You done made me proud. I'm saying a prayer that your back is feeling fine Wink

Welcome to all of the newbies! I see you guys have pulled up a seat and really enjoying yourselves.

Well the LA Curly Girl Meet Up is officially being planned with our special Curly Nikki guest (drum role) Nyyyyyyyllllaaaaaa!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!
Yes, Sweet I know I need to post those pictures right away. But I'm going to need some grace on this one seeing that my baby will be running the LA Marathon the next day and I'm working the 12 mile check point. So can I have a few days? Wink

Chrs! Thanks for the website. Ryl told me about it this afternoon and I just ordered a bunch of stuff...*cough, cough* after I told Ryl I wasn't buying anything Wink Now I need to figure out how to use all of these powders I bought.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th February 2011, 9:10 am

Lol! Sis I know how to solve the picture problem! I will just come take them! lol! I was just talking to my god brother, he is in Pasadena and Shelbey wants to go out there...so I am trying to book a flight. I will keep you guys posted!

That's so exciting that your son is running!

*waving* at everyone! What's up for the weekend?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th February 2011, 1:03 pm

Sweet...Pasadena is right by me! Ok now you have to come. Heck we'll have do it all over again.

This is my son's 3rd marathon. I'm so proud of him. At 14 he has done something that only a few people have done but wish they did.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th February 2011, 2:13 pm

Hey Yalll!!! What's going on??
Sweet- I aint mad at ya!! Like AJ said- It's ok to take one for the curly team! In fact take two! LOL--Are you coming to CALI for real????
Would love for all of us to be in 1 State at the same time!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th February 2011, 2:24 pm

Hey Ladies!

LOL@Sweet! But, I agree with everyone...it's ok to take one for the curly team, from time to time! cheers

Man...if I can chat with Nyla AND Sweet IN PERSON...I know there would be some stomach-hurtin' laughter goin' on! Very Happy

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th February 2011, 12:51 pm

Nyla I won't be there while you are Sad This visit is for my highschool graduate...so it will probably in June. But when I come I definitely want to meet Sis & Ryl! So I will keep you all in the loop!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th February 2011, 9:01 pm

Hi ladies,

I peek in every few days. Hoping all is well.

@Choc, welcome to the fold dance

LOL @ sweet and her sweetie.

@aj, shea butter and I have issues also. I have some mango butter, I think. I may whip up something. If it doesn't work for my hair I can always use it on my skin.

@Nyla, Ryl and Sis, y'all better take some pictures. We want to see y'all together.

@Sis, did you purchase somethings from Rock & Republic? If so, you will love them. Their stuff is very high end.

KNH had a giveaway on her blog. I won bounce . I won a handmade white tam/beret/hat, earrings and scarf. Our very own Notthecoolmom made them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th February 2011, 9:20 pm

Chrs, I ordered a bunch of stuff. I'm actually excited about my shipment ha ha ha ha! I'll come back and tell you what I ordered. I'm not in front of my computer tight now.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th February 2011, 9:33 pm

Chrs how is NTCM?

I already told you how beautiful you look on FB! Work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2011, 1:07 am

No one has heard from NTCM. Please keep her in your prayers.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 3rd March 2011, 11:29 pm

dance Hey Ladies, I'm doing the happy dance today! After six months of being unemployed, I have a job and officially start on Monday!!!!! I've been volunteering for the past two months at the non-profit Veterans Employment Network as a Career Counselor and they were able to get some additional funding and hire me. I am so blessed because it's doing what I love plus I am giving back and helping our Vets.

It's cosmically (sp) ironic, in that I've spent the last 2 months, 3 - 4 days per week, helping Vets get employed, while I did not have a job. The universe has such a quirky sense of humor, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Just wanted to share some great news. woot!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 1:00 am

Great news AJ!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 4th March 2011, 11:44 pm

Alright - AJ!!! Way to GO!! Praise HIM!!!! AMEN!!
Hey ladies - just checking in!!

On the countdown to my birthday-!!! Tomorrow- I just want to sleep in- catch a movie- chill with my lil sisters! Cupcakes and moscato on them! lol

I was kind of sad about being in town, on my b-day!
My dad always wanted to be the first one to call. At 6 AM, He would call and sing, Happy Birthday! Since he passed, I dont like to be home :-(
I don't know! I guess, I know the phone is going to ring and it wont be him!

I went shopping today - bought some sandals, shades and 2 purple tops!!
My favorite color!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 5th March 2011, 9:49 am

Thank you Missy and Nyla.

Nyla, happy, happy, happy birthday to you flower
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 5th March 2011, 10:17 am

Happy birthday Nyla. cheers
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2011, 11:38 am

That's great AJ!

Nyla enjoy your day!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next