CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+19
naturalhonney
Curly1
poeticlyspkng
CeeC
ajsimmons8
Duchess52
tshala
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
sonance
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
TLog77
Sebastain13
Renny
TheRYL1
MissyCee
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
23 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 12 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by TheRYL1 5th March 2011, 11:31 pm

That is wonderful news AJ! God is good!

Happy Birthday, Nyla...don't hurt nobody! LOL

Hey Ladies! I'm just trying to get settled into my new place...OMG I am having issues with the internet folk! Of course, right?!? But, I'm not gonna stress...it'll all come together soon.

Hair News: My hair is growing and coming along nicely! I'm close to a year natural. I was trying to wait for my anniversary to cut it, but I NEED a good cut ASAP! I'm planning on next weekend...I'll keep y'all posted!

Take care, Ladies!

Wait...Chrs, what's this site you mentioned Rock & Republic? You know I'm bout to check it out! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 12 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 6th March 2011, 12:51 pm

Thank yall for my birthday wishes! I had a pretty good day! My ellen show tickets came! My birthday present to me, arrived! I thought that was awesome!

Ryl- wow! Your hair is growing fast. I could have sworn that you were natural longer than a year!
Also, you are making me nervous... Every time someone mentions a sale, you are on it~! How are we going shopping together, when both of us have SHOPITIS!! lol

Chrs- I loved the tam and the earrings!!

Last edited by NylaCoils on 6th March 2011, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 6th March 2011, 1:35 pm

Happy Sunday Ladies, just checking in - how is everyone doing today? I'm sitting here with henna plastered to my hair and wrapped in lovely saran wrap. I'm not making any fashion statements today. lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 9th March 2011, 2:29 pm

Hey curlies I know its been forever but I'm here checking in can't seem to keep up anymore!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 9th March 2011, 7:18 pm

Hi Natural - happy Wednesday Very Happy
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 7:40 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Nayla!!! Fantastic that your tickets came in. Enjoy your trip!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th March 2011, 9:28 pm

Hey Ladies!

I feel like Schlep Rock (from the Flintstones)...the one who brought bad luck. Yeah, I'm him in the electronics area...I'm having problems at home and at work...SMH. I'm rolling with it...this is my lesson in patience!

@Nyla...I know right? I just have to at least CHECK the sales. Oh, no, we'z gonna hit some stores...believe it! Very Happy

Yeah, that Rock & Republic site was fashion...I thought it was for hair stuff! Chrs said it was "high end", naw, it was just high! LMAO

As for my hair, I didn't BC, I cut as I went along. So, I hadn't had a relaxer since June '09. I cut all the straight ends April '10. So, this is growth since then, in addition to the new growth during the transition. But, I think it's about right, considering the constant lil "trims" of the raggedy ends throughout the months. Actually, I'd say my hair is where it was at the end of 2008. Now, I want to see where it can go, now that I understand how to keep it healthy.

Life Stuff: Just trying to adjust to my new place. I'm living outta boxes y'all! But, I bet I can find my hair products, though! Yaki Girl thinks that's a shame...I can't find nothing else, but I can find some damn shampoo! LOL You know when moving you find all kinda stuff, right? Anyhow, I come across a small hand mixer my mom gave me a looong time ago...Yaki asks do I want to pack it...I say, yes, I can mix up some hair stuff with that. OMG...the look she gave me. She said, it's a mixer, how can that have anything to do with your hair? I just let it go! She's a hater! hahahahahahah

Oh, I twisted my lil sister's hair last night. Her hair is natural, but she has pressed and flat-ironed it to its last breath. So...she is my project, since Yaki Girl won't let me touch her hair. And, of course, that's the head I want to tackle. Yaki has hair like Lynnie and Krazy Coils--thick and lush. To her, it's "nappy". I'm working on her, y'all.

You know what she told me a few weeks ago...

She said, "You (RYL1) had to have a baby with the nappiest-headed negro you could find. That's how I got this hair...from him, because it's not soft like yours." I was shocked for real because though she laughed, I know she was serious. She really feels that her hair is nappy & ugly. Evil or Very Mad I told her I'd switch with her in a minute if I could, to make her happy!

I really didn't know she felt this way. I just thought she liked to get weaves to change up her look and since her step-mom does them for free. It never occurred to me that she truly disliked her hair's texture. She calls my hair "good", and thinks her's is "bad". SMH But, it will be OK...I'mma get her to love her nappy, kinky hair if it's the last thing I do! cheers

So....Ladies...I hope everyone is well!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th March 2011, 11:11 pm

Aj- i should have done my henna Sunday, also!
Natural - thank you!! You have been hiding? huh?
RYL- ((((HUGS))) to Yaki girl!! My sisters (we got different dads) say the same thing to my mom! Why did they have to get our daddy's hair. Be patient with her, my baby sister is going natural! One down - one to go!! Can't wait to go shopping but for lunch - can we go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! I'm talking the one in the HOOD! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2011, 11:31 pm

Aww Yaki girl hurt my heart! Please continue to work on her...

Hey y'all how is everyone?

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 10th March 2011, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th March 2011, 6:55 pm

Hey Ladies! How goes it?

Nyla...you know we are hitting up Roscoe's...and it will be the one in the hood! Be prepared to WAIT for your food...you know how WE do! LOL

Sweet...Me, too! I'm working on it for sure! ;-)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 10th March 2011, 7:05 pm

Looking forward to the weekend - I need serious rest and relaxation. Sleep Soooo, one of my husband's cousin past away and the memorial service was yesterday. Well we had out of town guest staying at our house since this past saturday and they flew home this morning at 6:00 a.m. Along with our guest leaving at 6 a.m. my hubby also left at 6:00 a.m. to go out of town for business. Well...... at 8:00 a.m. I picked up my cousin and her hubby who arrived from a cruise and are staying with us until tomorrow morning. I swear yall, I feel like we're in hotel and I'm the friggin housekeeper. between 6:00 and 8:00 I was changing sheets in the guest bedroom, cleaning the bedroom and the guest bathroom. I'm sooooo tired I can't think straight. What a Face I just needed to vent.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th March 2011, 9:39 pm

I am so anxious to get the iPad2! I am such a geek!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th March 2011, 4:59 pm

AJ- It must be nice! I dont gt much company - so when I do! I love it!
Ryl- Im prepared to wait- got me some walking shoes!!
Sweet- I wish I could get one right now- loving the pics that you do with yours!
I got to prepare for this trip.
SOMEBODY_ ANYBODY- come twist my hair!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 11th March 2011, 8:37 pm

Nyla, if I were in S.C. I would help you with the twist.

Happy Friday ladies.... I'm doing the Friday evening happy dance. dance No more house guest, no cooking or entertaining and I can run around the house butt naked if I want to. Life is good. lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 2:18 pm

Nyla I wish I was close I would twist it for you! Your hair has grown so much! I got my baby y'all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2011-03-12-09-44-42_1000000006 by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr I am so happy! And I sold the old one so it was a win win!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 12th March 2011, 3:33 pm

congrats Sweet woot! is your new "baby" a girl or a boy and have you named it yet? lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 5:10 pm

LOL her name is baby! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th March 2011, 8:25 pm

Aj- you got me cracking up!!
Sweet- Im glad you got your baby! You got me wanting one---so bad!

Finally finished my hair- after 2 hours! Rolling Eyes I will be wearing my hair in these twists for at least a week!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 14th March 2011, 4:26 am

Hey Ladies!

Nyla & Sweet! I want an E4...I'm going to find some strength and make it to Roscoe's too!

This is a big week for me Wink I have a nursing meet up that I'm hosting for expectant and breastfeeding mothers. My son's running team's luncheon is Saturday morning, our meet up is that evening, Nyla will be here for the weekend and the meet up, AND then my baby is running his 3rd LA Marathon! Yes! I'm a proud momma! Wink

Ok can someone tell me if Hibiscus powder will color my hair? No henna though, just the hibiscus.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th March 2011, 5:18 pm

Hey ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Nyla - where is a pic those twists?

Sweet "Baby" is looking good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2011, 5:27 pm

Ooo Sis B! Camera please! Lol!

Hey ladies, this hour change has me sleepy..then folks got on my flippin nerves so now I am cranky! Evil or Very Mad I want to go home..NOW!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th March 2011, 1:24 pm

Hey Ladies!

Ooooh Sweet...Baby is nice! LOL

Nyla & Sis B...it is GOIN DOWN! cheers

AJ...you have me dying laughing over here! ;-)

Hve a wonderful day, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 16th March 2011, 5:47 pm

*waving*

Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th March 2011, 7:06 pm

Hey there Ladies Very Happy

I'm attending a two day workshop focused on organizations that are centered on helping the homeless; lot's of good stuff but dang it why do hotel conference room chairs have to be so flippin hard. No

By the time I left, my back was talking in 10 different languages and all of them was cussing me out. Evil or Very Mad

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th March 2011, 7:34 pm

So ladies, Riddle me This Batman? My 26 year old pregnant daughter is due July 1st or so. I am planning her shower for June 18th I think. Why she sent me a text today asking to move it closer to DC cause her friends might not find my house? I'm like whooa and who is paying for this new location, cause I have a FREE location here and am willing to hold the shower here. Am I being selfish for saying you handle the shower or is she being spoiled. I mean all the friends are college grads, over twenty five and can read a navigations directions. I'm ready to through my hands up and say do it yourself. I won't shell out any monies I don't have to. She is of course, and I let her know this, more than welcome to have her shower/party on her own and I will back out. I know younger folks have showers with men and women, and drinks and all, but they are like trying to turn this into House Party 15 on me. Not happening captain!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next