CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+19
naturalhonney
Curly1
poeticlyspkng
CeeC
ajsimmons8
Duchess52
tshala
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
sonance
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
TLog77
Sebastain13
Renny
TheRYL1
MissyCee
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
23 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 5 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 11th January 2011, 2:15 pm

I posted this on the Koils By nature page - but had to share- I am feeling my hair!!!!!!

I may have to call Ru for myself!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 5 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by MissyCee 11th January 2011, 3:24 pm

And that's what it's all about. You feeling your hair!!! But I must say, it looks great. You can see your glow in each picture.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 11th January 2011, 5:50 pm

Nyla, i LOVE the pictures and your hair (hair envy right now) . Thanks for sharing.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th January 2011, 6:14 pm

MissyC and Aj- thank you Ladies!! I wish it wasnt bad outside- I might have- could have met my husband today!! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th January 2011, 1:38 am

Hugs to Ryl! Chin up my friend! Prayers sent!
Nyla I see you in her doin it! I love it!

Me, well I AM FRIGGING TIRED OF THIS DAYUM SNOW...that's all kbye
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th January 2011, 2:24 am

Sweet- don't even talk abt snow!!!! I went to start my car and due to the cold temp it wont start!!! ughhhh- so i am trapped!
RYl- Hang in there with the job and I am praying for ya! Just last week this man( my boss) had me pulling my hair and crying!!! UGHHHH
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 5:45 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Sweet- don't even talk abt snow!!!! I went to start my car and due to the cold temp it wont start!!! ughhhh- so i am trapped!
RYl- Hang in there with the job and I am praying for ya! Just last week this man( my boss) had me pulling my hair and crying!!! UGHHHH

Nyla - I've seen quite a few ppl with that problem - car won't start.

When we got here it was a dessert - no rain, scorching temps - it killed my car battery. I was out shopping - went back to car to start - it was a no go. I had to get my hubby and son to come give me a hot-shot - this is a situation I've never been in. Once we got it home we shut it off and tried again, still nothing withot hot-shot. Finally and $140 later - a new battery was installed.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th January 2011, 4:38 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:@Ryl 0- with the job, I feel you girl. I was at a job where everyday was major stress and it had started to affect my health really bad. During the really stressful days, which were a lot, I had to force myself each day to find something, no matter how small, to be grateful for my job. Some days it was really hard to find anything, so I had to learn to "play the corporate game" and then I learned to be grateful in my success at playing the game.

I know how hard it can be, especially when so many elements in your life need change. Don't try and change everything at once, take one small thing to change and go from there.

I'm sending good thoughts of wisdom your way.

tshala wrote:@Ryl- I will pray for you, don't let them get the best of you. I am in with the weight loss and health goal. I really hope that the best job for you is on the way. Changing workplaces was a huge, huge step for me towards better health. My insomnia was gone after three weeks and I felt so much calmer.
Nyla, you look hot! I so love those berry tones for an eye make up. And you work it. And your hair has gotten big! What's your secret?
Happy new week, ladies!
Smile

Thank you ladies for the encouraging words! ;-) AJ...I count my blessings everyday as a reminder! And I read this on the front page on Self Concept Thursday a couple weeks back...this tip: "REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE LIVING SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAM. You might think things could be better, but they could also be worse. There are many people in the world who would gladly trade places with you." It helps me to remember, I am surely blessed...just going through a storm! AMEN! Tshala...I KNOW my sleep issues with be gone once I change my work place. I'm happy for you...doesn't it feel good?! ;-)

Nyla...I love your avi! You are over there werkin' it! Yeah, you gotta put up Ru for yourself! cheers

Hey Sweet...thank you, gurl!

How is everyone? I hope all is well curl friends!

A friend of a friend (a cool sista, too) is currently on life support and I'm told her family has decided to pull the plug. This sista is only 35; she had an aneurysm...went to sleep and never woke up. She has 3 kids...17, 12, 2. And she is gone! I can't get her out of my head. I must say, it's helped me see many things in a different light. Ya know? What's really important? And what's just unnecessary BS that keeps me running on that wheel? I'm working to get really clear on this cuz' ya know what...this life thang is real short! ;-) Make the best of it y'all! afro

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 14th January 2011, 7:00 pm

RYL: I am sendig prayers to the family of your friend's friend. This is so sad. Three children, one of them a toddler...this is heartbreaking.
You are so true....this is a good reminder to me to treat my life (lifetime) like my hair and my whole self .....like something very precious and unique.
Wish y'all a wonderful weekend!
To all my snow fairies, ice queens and other winter beauties.....hold on and moisturize!
BTW, I feel blessed to have a place like this to "go". Love to each and everyone of you!
I love you
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 14th January 2011, 7:09 pm

RYL- When i read about your friend, I couldn't stop crying! My heart and prayers go out to her family.
How are you doing?
Tshala is right- life is precious! We cant take anything for granted!

I do love what this post has become!! I find myself checking in to see what my CURLS are up to!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th January 2011, 9:46 pm

NylaCoils wrote:RYL- When i read about your friend, I couldn't stop crying! My heart and prayers go out to her family.
How are you doing?
Tshala is right- life is precious! We cant take anything for granted!

I do love what this post has become!! I find myself checking in to see what my CURLS are up to!!

Nyla...I know...I tear up every time I think about it! I love this place, too. I can come here and just be...it's a beautiful thang! Me? I'm a lot better...physically & mentally! Like my tag line says: I may bend, but I shall not break! Very Happy (Oh, btw, I LOVE Cityville...I got caught up in it! LOL)

Tshala...yes, we must treat our lives like we treat our hair...I like that! And, y'all snow folks...stay warm! It's gonna be about 80 in Cali this weekend. We are so happy because it was like in the 40s & 50s the last couple of weeks...and really, we Cali folk CANNOT & DO NOT DO COLD WELL! Razz

Take care!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 14th January 2011, 11:37 pm

@RYL, girl it's the same way with us Floridians - we do NOT do cold weather. It got down to low 30's for two nights straight with highs during the day of only mid 40's. Folks were wearing their coats, scarves, gloves and hats, dang, even my dog doesn't want to go outside. What a Face
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 15th January 2011, 1:28 am

Ryl, keep strong. Sad story. Such a tragedy for the children.

Nyla, you are working that hair lady.

We are praying for some warmth, please send some now!!!! My achy joints are screaming!!!!! Arthur is all over me now!!!

MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 15th January 2011, 1:38 pm

Hi Ladies, I need help! Although I've been natural for a little over 2 years, I've worn micro braids for the past two years and in October took the braids out for good to embrace my natural hair. I'm not a PJ and am trying really hard not to become one - lol and I prefer to make my own DIY products for my hair. The problem I'm having is that no matter what I use, I cannot get my hair, when doing twist out's or braid-outs to look moisturized and shiny. I use my oils concoctions and my shea butter mixture and kimmaytube leave in but it's still not working.... urggghhh! I'm tired of always wearing my hair in protective styles and would love, LOVE love to wear my out but I don't like the dry, frizzy, dull look...... any ideas at all?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 15th January 2011, 9:45 pm

AJsimmons- what are you using to wash and condition your hair?
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 15th January 2011, 9:53 pm

I'm currently using Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo and HEHH as my conditioner. I had used Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner, but it wasn't very moisturizing on my hair. For my leave in, I use kimmaytube's concoction with KKNT
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 16th January 2011, 2:17 am

Post pics so we can see! I know i always think i don't have sheen. Then my sister or someone else will tell me that it has sheen!
The kimmaye doesn't give me alot of sheen. :-(
One thing that I do - I will wet my hair, by cupping the water in my hands then add a butter to the length of my hair.
Hopefully someone else will chime in.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 11:14 am

Thank you Nyla, I'll take some pics today and try and post them.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 16th January 2011, 1:32 pm

Hi AJ,

I had major problems with the HEHH (shedding like crazy) and it did not give me sheen either.
Is is possible that you have product build up? This can make your hair look dull and lifeless. A hair detox does wonders in this case (mine is rhassoul clay on dry hair after a prepoo w/coconut oil).
How may product do you use? Could it be too much?(again, buildup)
I know, it sounds strange, but if your hair is coated with too much stuff, no moisturizer will go (and stay) in.
Do you drink enough water?
Is your hair sensitive to glycerine? (see all posts humectant/anti-humectant) so that the dry winter air/AC sucks the rest of moisture out of your crown?
With which substance/product is your hair the happiest?
Do you seal your hair? If so, what kind of oil/butter do you use?
Sorry for this bunch of questions, I just try to figure out what could be the cause of your dryness.
I love you
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi tshala, I don't mind the questions at all and it's interesting because I just saw a friend of mine this morning and she said my hair did not look dull and in fact looked very healthy. It's probably just my own perception and high expectations.

I make sure to wash my hair at least once a week with shampoo and if I've been experimenting with different products, primarily my oils and shea mixtures because I refuse to become a pj and if notice a build up in my hair, I will wash it.

How may product do you use? - I limit the number of products I put in my hair because I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes and settle on a regimen.

Do you drink enough water?; I almost drink too much water. I have a big 32 ounce bottle that I carry with me everywhere and fill it up 2 - 3 times per day.

Is your hair sensitive to glycerine? - luckily, I live in Florida where there is always humidity, however when it did turn cold (30's - 40's), I made sure to not include any vegetable glycerin in my oil mixture and spritz

Do you seal your hair? If so, what kind of oil/butter do you use? - I always seal my hair either with my shea mixture or my straight oil mixture.

Very Happy
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th January 2011, 6:44 pm

Hey Ladies!

@AJ...I'd recommend easing up on the Giovanni products. Silk=protein. You may be overloading. Try to find a moisturizing conditioner. (I'm a YES to Cucumbers girl, myself...it always gives my hair "life".) I hope that helps.

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 6:52 pm

@RYL, I never thought of that, I need to buy some more shampoo and conditioner anyway this week before I do my next henna treatment; I'll get some tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. I love you
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th January 2011, 6:57 pm

cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th January 2011, 9:32 pm

Try a ACV rinse..that will clear any product build up!

RYL, I have been here and after reading...well *hugs* I have no words! Love you sis! I am praying for the family!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th January 2011, 3:16 pm

Hey Ladies!

What it do? LOL

Me? Just forward motion...that's it that's all! cheers

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next