CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+19
naturalhonney
Curly1
poeticlyspkng
CeeC
ajsimmons8
Duchess52
tshala
BlondeByDesire
Madeaj
sonance
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
TLog77
Sebastain13
Renny
TheRYL1
MissyCee
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
23 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 4 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by TheRYL1 4th January 2011, 5:48 pm

Hey Y'all!

Welcome Duchess...lookin' good, lady!

Nyla...try to beat the manager at his/her game. Give them what they want ASAP...then they will slowly back off because you've made them look dumb! My prayers are with you...I know what a "bad" job is like for real!

Regarding Kim Coles...she's probably like many others: her hair was natural, but she had no clue how to take care of it. THAT makes all the difference in the world. (And you know, if you wear braids too long, you will have nothing left to show for the protective style!)

I, too, am on the water kick! My doctor told me to drink more...like 2 & a half liters a day!!!! He said work my way up to it, so that's what I'm doing! Also, he said lemonade is good, too...REAL lemonade...water & lemons and a lil sweetner. Perhaps that can be an alternative to plain water.

Take care, ladies! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 4 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 5th January 2011, 12:24 am

I think he is bi-polar- I gave him a report on my own- so today he tells me - I have been requesting this report for weeks. I went back and read every email since October- not once is this report mentioned! I was so furious! I was so mad I was typing and crying!

He didn't see the tears- his office is in Boston- However, we have to have 2 conference calls a week!!

Things are getting better- where would I be without my curls!!
Love yall, MEAN IT!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 5th January 2011, 2:35 pm

NylaCoils wrote:I think he is bi-polar- I gave him a report on my own- so today he tells me - I have been requesting this report for weeks. I went back and read every email since October- not once is this report mentioned! I was so furious! I was so mad I was typing and crying!

He didn't see the tears- his office is in Boston- However, we have to have 2 conference calls a week!!

Things are getting better- where would I be without my curls!!
Love yall, MEAN IT!!

Wow! What is wrong with folks? SMH Be sure to keep good notes on assignments from him...that's a way to get him to back up. When he tells you stuff like that, just hit him with the "proof"!

Love back to ya! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 5th January 2011, 2:42 pm

in addition to keeping notes; email is your friend. When he gives you assignments or even when you have verbal conversations with him, follow up in an email ( a nice one) recapping any action items from the discussion and let him know that it is to make sure you have captured everything correctly to make sure that you meet all expectations and deadlines.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th January 2011, 2:50 pm

I'm praying for you Nyla.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 4:17 pm

Checking to see if Nyla checked in today! I hope everyone is having a good day!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 5th January 2011, 10:43 pm

Hey yall! Without my curls and my family, I would have been lost.
Ajsimmons- thank you- hadnt thought of that one.
Sweet- I am hanging in there!
BBD- thanks - I always need them!!

Yall- I was feeling like i had the weight of the world on my shoulders with all this stress! Thanks for being here! FOR REAL~~!!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 1:19 pm

Hey ladies!

I can really have this conversation in here. My honey is 3 years younger to me. In my eyes it's not that big of a deal. Anyway, last night was his best friends birthday. Now I saw the invite on FB and I told the Mrs we would come..I assumed it was on the weekend. I get home last night, we got take out so I didn't have to cook and plopped down on the sofa, stripped down to my undies and was all set to chill for the night.

Him: are we going to Mike's party?
Me: (not looking up) Yes
Him: what are you wearing?
Me: (still not looking up) what type of place is it?
Him: I can wear sneakers
Me: (reading my email) ok I will put on jeans and boots..I will make it work
Him: ok well what time you gonna get dressed
Me: (in my head, why is asking me that NOW? I look up..) when is the party Ben?
Him: tonight around 10
Me: Shocked Sleep Suspect

So I get myself together and we head out. It's a nice place..but I am clearly the old lady at the club. I am cute though
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

I had my Mojito! and I was chilling. The fellas were throwing back shots like it was Friday night!! So I am watching this chic watching my honey! Well she finally makes her move..Now Honey can't hear in one ear...so she is just a flapping the lips and I know he can't hear one word...because she was on the dead side lol! So finally he leans in to hear what she is saying and the look on his face Shocked He then proceeded to grab her by her shoulders and turned her towards me. He pointed and said "she will eff us both up in here, you BETTER get away from me" I smiled and kept sipping my drink. He knows who butters his bread...old lady in the club got it going on! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 6th January 2011, 1:31 pm

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttee!!! Work it Cougar!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 6th January 2011, 2:54 pm

Girl- I like that, SWEET!! You know - you aint nowhere near being the old lady in the club!!

Me, personally- I might have been busting her upside the head while he was telling her story! ROFL
Ok - well, the old me - would have! lol! The new me, would have laughed it off!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 6th January 2011, 3:59 pm

queen
You go, Sweet!
And this younger woman was working sooo hard........while you just have to sit, sip and smile ....priceless! 40 is the new 30 !
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 8:53 pm

LOL!!! thank you ladies..I am still paying for it...my 40 is TIRED!!! hahahaahahahaaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 11:06 am

Happy Saturday!

what's the what for the weekend? Can you believe I am waiting for more friggin snow? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 8th January 2011, 2:32 pm

@Sweetdrk, Yes I can. We braced for snow/rain/sleet last night but the moon shone bright. There wasn't a cloud in the sky! Now its cloudy and Monday the weather people are calling for more snow/rain/sleet, something cold, wet, and slippery from the sky.

I hope we don't get it, because NC can't handle more than a dusting! geek
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 8th January 2011, 4:08 pm

We are happily snow-free over here (as long as it lasts), thank god, since I have to work tomorrow at 6.30 am and have to use public transport, which was totally unrelieable the last two weeks.
Happy weekend y'all, I just hennaed and Dc'ed and my hair is happy!

Last edited by tshala on 8th January 2011, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th January 2011, 7:15 pm

Hey Ladies!

Sweet...I LOVE that story! Yeah, he surely knew who butters his bread...and the lil chick does, too...now! cheers

Y'all know I've been off work for two months due to wrist surgery. So, I return last Tuesday. Let me tell y'all...I was sick as a dog by Thursday afternoon. Suspect I left and was in the bed until YESTERDAY! I finally felt better. It felt like I had a battle of good & evil going on inside...hot & sweaty, then cold & chill bumps!

Bottom Line: I must make some life changes. And my job is one of them. I know I can't give up my job, but I have to find some way to keep it from killing me! confused Any suggestions for the time being...please pass them on!

The good thing: My hair was twisted. So no worries! LOL If my hair would have been loose, OMG, talk about a matted mess. WHEW!

Oh, curl friends, I'm really in need of change: my work, my home...shit, my weight! Pray for me y'all! Very Happy

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th January 2011, 8:40 pm

Ryl- hope that you are feeling better. Are you liking Cityville?

Hey yall..Been staking the make-up thread and put some on! The look is my avatar. My sister told me to put the highlights in the corner of my eyes. I was watching this drag-queen--Yall know I love RU!! This guys make up tutes are so informational. Used him as my guide because, I have alot (scarring) to cover up because of my accident.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 9th January 2011, 9:24 pm

@Ryl 0- with the job, I feel you girl. I was at a job where everyday was major stress and it had started to affect my health really bad. During the really stressful days, which were a lot, I had to force myself each day to find something, no matter how small, to be grateful for my job. Some days it was really hard to find anything, so I had to learn to "play the corporate game" and then I learned to be grateful in my success at playing the game.

I know how hard it can be, especially when so many elements in your life need change. Don't try and change everything at once, take one small thing to change and go from there.

I'm sending good thoughts of wisdom your way.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th January 2011, 10:33 pm

Nyla??????? You look great!!! I like the highlights in the eye area. You go lady!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 10th January 2011, 4:11 pm

@Ryl- I will pray for you, don't let them get the best of you. I am in with the weight loss and health goal. I really hope that the best job for you is on the way. Changing workplaces was a huge, huge step for me towards better health. My insomnia was gone after three weeks and I felt so much calmer.
Nyla, you look hot! I so love those berry tones for an eye make up. And you work it. And your hair has gotten big! What's your secret?
Happy new week, ladies!
Smile
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th January 2011, 5:03 pm

Ryl- I feel ya on the job thing!! I was letting my employer STRESS me out! I have cried and all! I have decided- things have got to change in 2011! FOR RYL!!!! :-)

You guys thanks so much for the compliments - snowed in today! I want to get some eyeliner sooooo bad to make my eyes stand out even more.

Tshala- the secret is - I wore it in a puff for 2 days - then released the FRO! lol

Here is a side by side of the puff and the fro

Last night.. I did the satin scarf banding...should have taken pics but here are the results before fluffing

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 10th January 2011, 5:22 pm

@ Nyla, what is the satin scarf banding? I've never heard of that before and your results look fabulous.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th January 2011, 5:25 pm

Ajs- Here is the link on youtube. I bought 1/2 yard of satin material from a fabric store and cut it into strips. I will take photos the next time so you can see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvxTXRCHrc
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 10th January 2011, 11:42 pm

Nyla I love your hair and your make-up is FABULOUS!!!
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th January 2011, 12:13 am

CeeC- thank you so much!! Where have you been hiding???
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next