CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

+40
Nikcoils
jenni-t
tresmom08
missmoriah
MissFierce21
songbird
kekesmom29
blkbeauty2010
SoFlyy
mslys09
Kittabug
Jazzygurll
blackice82
JaysCheekyBaby
poeticlyspkng
Cupcake415
Danybyrd
EmbracingNaturalMe
BlacknGolden
LoveZaporiah
sweetdrk1
ladydayvintage
v3tt3
BlessedTresses
Sebastain13
HAMPTONSFNST
Butterfly125
misskris
Curlock Holmes
JessiWantsCurls
Tmochava
LaToya28
courtrhapsody
BriaBeauty
FloridaSunshiny
LuvMeLuvMyFro
TwistedKurlzz
summerbreeze76
milwaukeechick
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
44 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 16 Empty Re: 2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by misskris 7th February 2011, 12:55 pm

Hey ladies. Ok so to make things quick....
Since I started on my new personal weight loss challenge I have lost a combined 13.75 inches!!! WOW!!! and 16 lbs!!!! YAY ME!!!! I still have a way to go but that's a great start!!

Good job ladies!!! Keep it up and stay motivated!!! woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 7th February 2011, 12:59 pm

Hey all,

I usually weigh in at my weight watchers meetings, but i did not go yesterday. I had given up weighing myself at home, because if the scale was up I would let that dictate my mood and what i did for the rest of the day. Anyway since i did not go to WW i decided to get on the scale and after a .2 gain last week it looks like i lost 2.8 this week. My scale is usually is off from the weight watchers scale anywhere from .5-1 pound. So my scal said 214.4, the WW would have probably said 215 or so. Whatever it says I still know that I lost this week and I am happy with that!.

Last summer I had regained some weight and had gotten back up to 236, so i am very happy that i have dropped 20+ pounds since about August and I really only started being more consistent in November.

I cant wait to be out of the 200's.
I've also decided to measure montly.

Good luck this week everyone
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 7th February 2011, 1:00 pm

misskris wrote:Hey ladies. Ok so to make things quick....
Since I started on my new personal weight loss challenge I have lost a combined 13.75 inches!!! WOW!!! and 16 lbs!!!! YAY ME!!!! I still have a way to go but that's a great start!!

WooHoo, good for you!!! That is amazing!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th February 2011, 1:48 pm

Thanks Summerbreeze!!! And you too!! Good job!! And you'll be out of the 2s in no time. Just keep it up and like I said, just stay motivated. When you're motivated you can do anything!!!

dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th February 2011, 5:05 pm

Hi, ladies!! I haven't been on here in a few days. Welcome to the newcomers, and congrats to everyone making progress OR making an effort. Both are equally important Very Happy. I weighed in at 138 yesterday, that's down 1 lb. Slow and steady I guess. I didn't measure because I was just too busy, but I think I'm going to measure once a month anyway.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th February 2011, 8:42 pm

Hey ladies i would like to join.

I've been working out and reducing my calorie intake by decreasing portions and drinking more water (usually with lemons in it) and eliminating Soda out of my diet Since January 3.

My Height: 5'3
My Beginning Weight: 150lbs
My Current Weight: 145lbs
Currently for exercise: I run a mile - 1 and a half at work during my lunch hour
Goal Weight: 130 lbs by end of April 2011
Currently use the Nike + GPS on my ipod touch to track calorie loss and distance i've run

and to maintain 130lbs unless I become preggers. Then I will continue to eat healthy and workout to moderation to have a healthier pregnancy then my first one.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 8th February 2011, 6:03 pm

Nikcoils we have the exact same stats. I am 5'3'' and my heaviest weight was 165. I weighed in this morning for weight watchers at 144.6. My current goal is 139 by April 1. Then I will work on getting through the 130's slowly but surely. For me breaking the 150's was ridiculously difficult.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th February 2011, 10:05 pm

@ Nikcoils, WELCOME!!!! I have to say I love your hair in your profile pic...I have to ask, is that all yours??? LOL It's great and that's what I am shooting for as far as length!! Anyway, good job on the weight loss so far. I am sure you'll be able to meet your goal!!! I have a lot more to lose than you do but so far I have lost 16 lbs since Jan 1. YAY!!!! Very Happy Keep it up!!!
run Oh and you said you are running.....I am hoping to do my 1st 5K in April or so.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 9th February 2011, 2:29 pm

So I changed my weigh-in day at WW and I now weigh-in on Tuesday. I changed days so that I can workout on Mon, Wed, Fri and not have to worry about weighing-in after I excerised. I am down 1.8 pounds this week.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 10th February 2011, 10:29 pm

I started doing Insanity with a couple of my co-workers this week. Can you say death by DVD? O ... M ... G!!!! That stuff is crucial. We'll see if it lives up to the hype.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 11th February 2011, 11:35 pm

@LuvMe - congrats on your loss!! That's awesome!

@Jessi - you go, girl! I am not even entertaining the thought of trying to do that one...lol.

I wanted to do something different so I just signed up for Jillian Michaels' online program, and I have her DVDs. She kicks booty!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 16 Empty I feel like a FAILURE!!!

Post by v3tt3 12th February 2011, 11:21 am

misskris wrote:Hey ladies. Ok so to make things quick....

Hey lady! U must b reppin for ATL cuz your gyrl down fell off miserably!!! Embarassed What is your personal plan?! I've been going to the gym(treadmill for an hour), and doing my Turbo Jam dvd(Learn & Burn + the 20 minute workout section twice). But I've only done it once each week(of course on Mondays since that's my "I'mma start over" day LOL!) it's so hard to resist food temptations. And since I cheat(bad eating habits), I ultimately decide To HELL with my workouts and promise lie to myself that I'll restart "On Monday". My weight has been flutcuating between 223-228! Evil or Very Mad I've GOT to get it together! Ofcourse I'm hoping my man dines me for V.Day(no need lieing to myself because I WILL overeat!), so I guess I'll plan to start the day after...
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th February 2011, 10:33 am

Hey v3tt3!!! Girl I know it is hard but you are stronger than the food. It's ok to dine for tomorrow but you don't HAVE to overdo it. If you guys do go out, know where you're going first, then check their website (if they have one) and hopefully they'll have the nutrition info for each meal. Picl a healthy meal. I did this the other day when we went to Dave and Buster's for a bday party, I went online and browsed the menu. They have a few meals under 600 calories. I picked one and it came with 2 breasts. So I knew I was only gonna eat one breast when I got there and I boxed the other one, ate it the next day. It was a great meal too and even less than 600 because I saved 1 breast. So don't plan to fail. Plan to succeed. By you saying stuff like "no need lieing to myself because I WILL overeat!" and "I ultimately decide To HELL with my workouts and promise lie to myself that I'll restart "On Monday" you are setting yourself up for failure. You have to say things that will help you do WELL. Like yesterday, I went to another bday party at a bowling alley, so you know there are NO healthy options there!!! So Because I had eaten before I went, I just brought my own snack consisting of raisins and a Weight Watchers Apple Pie A la Mode yogurt which is really yummy. I had NO cake and NO pizza and pizza is my FAVORITE food!!!!! You have to be stronger than the temptations, but I know it is hard. You have to tell yourself that YOU are more important. Your health is more important. It's okay to treat yourself everynow and then but you have to know when enough is enough. And if you HAVE to have sweets everyday, make it a yogurt or a frozen fruit pop like Edy's or maybe some straberries and whip cream.

You'll be ok as long as you have will power and determination!!!! Stay strong!!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th February 2011, 10:50 am

Ok so ladies, my check in is irrelevant today because once again it is that dammned time of month. I have busted my ass ALL week and all for what seems like nothing!!!! I have actually worked out every day for the last 13 days. I never have done that before. But today I am resting. I am pissed but I know it'll come off. So I am not even bothering taking measurements this week due to bloat and crap!!!! I will do so next week. BUT, I will say that yesterday at the gym I was very proud of myself. I did intervals on the treadmill --- walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes, job at 6.0 for 2-3 minutes. Then at the 20 minute mark i started running at 6.0 and held it for 10 minutes. YAY!!! without stopping. So for me that was great!!! then at the end I jumped it to 7.0 just for 30-60 seconds. Did 3.12 miles or so. I am hoping to do my first 5K in April so I have to train for it.
The rest of the week I have been doing my wonderful Jackie Warner & Jillian Michaels dvds. I also tried Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout on exercisetv which was a great workout!!!

So I will stay strong during this stupid time of the month which should be over tomorrow nite or early monday. I did get the minchies earlier this week due to the pms. but i did great yesterday. Will do fine today too.

OH!!! And y'all know Extra has that dessert gum....it actaully works for me in fighting those cravings. I have the mint choc chip and it's pretty good.

So anyway, good luck to you all and keep up the good work. My goal for the next weigh in is to be under 190. Right now, because I've been pretty much stuck at the same weight all damn week, I am 193.4. I think last week's weight was 192.2. DAMN PERIOD!!!!! i don't even know WHY i need it anymore!!!!! i have 4 kid, my shop is closed and so is my husband's!!! LOL no need for this curse anymore!!!!! LOL oh well. But honestly am looking forward to menopause!!! LOL

Happy Losing ladies!!! run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th February 2011, 4:25 pm

Ummmm......where y'all at??? I know church is over by now!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 13th February 2011, 6:03 pm

I'm down .2, LOL. Nothing much to report, but I was good all week in terms of counting WW points and work outs.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th February 2011, 6:17 pm

Hey, -.2 is -.2! lol....i can't even say that this week. i am up due to dumb Aunt Flo!! but speaking of WW, yesterday I bought some of their yogurt. the apple pie a la mode and the cherry cheesecake!!! OMG!!!! so good, especially the cherry cheesecake!!! Great sub for dessert!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 13th February 2011, 7:51 pm

misskris wrote:Hey v3tt3!!! Girl I know it is hard but you are stronger than the food. It's ok to dine for tomorrow but you don't HAVE to overdo it. If you guys do go out, know where you're going first, then check their website (if they have one) and hopefully they'll have the nutrition info for each meal. Picl a healthy meal. I did this the other day when we went to Dave and Buster's for a bday party, I went online and browsed the menu. They have a few meals under 600 calories. I picked one and it came with 2 breasts. So I knew I was only gonna eat one breast when I got there and I boxed the other one, ate it the next day. It was a great meal too and even less than 600 because I saved 1 breast. So don't plan to fail. Plan to succeed. By you saying stuff like "no need lieing to myself because I WILL overeat!" and "I ultimately decide To HELL with my workouts and promise lie to myself that I'll restart "On Monday" you are setting yourself up for failure. You have to say things that will help you do WELL. Like yesterday, I went to another bday party at a bowling alley, so you know there are NO healthy options there!!! So Because I had eaten before I went, I just brought my own snack consisting of raisins and a Weight Watchers Apple Pie A la Mode yogurt which is really yummy. I had NO cake and NO pizza and pizza is my FAVORITE food!!!!! You have to be stronger than the temptations, but I know it is hard. You have to tell yourself that YOU are more important. Your health is more important. It's okay to treat yourself everynow and then but you have to know when enough is enough. And if you HAVE to have sweets everyday, make it a yogurt or a frozen fruit pop like Edy's or maybe some straberries and whip cream.

You'll be ok as long as you have will power and determination!!!! Stay strong!!!! Very Happy

Hey gyrlie! U kknow u should b a spokesperson! Everything u just wrote to me wuz THA TRUTH! U were so on point with your advice, and I needed that honesty! I never thought of it this way, but I AM setting myself up to fail! This is the same pattern I've had ALL of 2010 (from the 1st of Jan til the last week of Dec), I kept starting and stopping, making excuses, promising to "start again Monday". I can't put myself through this cycle any longer! It's getting ridiculous and you calling me out on my BS made me realize my self inflicted downfalls! Makes me feel like I'm such a weak person! I KNOW I'm stronger than that, I'm stronger than food and it's evil spell(TEMPTATION)! I'm fina get back on track right NOW! And this time when I say "NOW", I mean exactly that! No more lame excuses! Ok enough of that! You and your weight loss are definetly an inspiration! Keep up the great work! Also, don't get frustrated with "the red devil" (as I call my monthly), there is still one exercise I can think of for you to do. How bout working on your arms with 3-5 lb weights?! Tell me what u think! Wink
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by DeM 13th February 2011, 7:57 pm

Is it too late to join you all in the challenge?

DeM

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th February 2011, 3:46 pm

@ v3tt3!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Laughing
Girl, OMG. You had me rollin at "the red devil!!!!" I have never heard anyone call it that before but that is the PERFECT name for it!!!!! LOL!!!! It's about over now. So I better see some progress by the end of the week!!!! LOL

As for the handweights, I actually use hand weights within my workouts almost daily. I didn't slack up on my workouts while the "red devil" was here!!! hahaha!! I have found in the past that exercise helps with cramps. But that's a great idea though. Especially for that stupid flabby back part of my arms!!! I HATE those things!!!! Triceps, right? lol

So yeah, stay committed. Girl, trust me when I tell you I KNOW how hard it is to stay on track. But even when you do give in to temptation, it's ok. Don't say "F it, may as well give up now!" Just consider that a treat and keep it moving!!! You will do just fine!!! Do what you can and do more as you get stronger. We're all in this together, whether it's for 10 lbs or 100!!! Very Happy

run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th February 2011, 3:47 pm

Oh and @ DeM, never too late!!!! Come on and join us!!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 14th February 2011, 10:35 pm

I didn't even get on the scale this weekend. Didn't want the discouragement. I've been working at the gym at work at 6am every week day morning. I knew if I didn't see any progress on the scale, I would completely lose my motivation. Soooo ... I figure I"ll just keep pushing through and wait before I get on the scale and pull out the measuring tape.

Maybe next Sunday ....
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by DeM 15th February 2011, 10:25 am

I'm sure you all have stated this before but the thread is so long I thought I'd ask. If you don't mind can you tell me what diet or nutrition plan you are following? Is it working?

Thanks

DeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 1:22 pm

@Misskris - I loved the advice you gave to our girl v3tt3!! She's right, you are very motivating. I have been doing pretty good, but reading that made me want to do better. Thanks for that! I always tell myself, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." And you were def on point about the negative self-talk.

@DeM - Welcome to the group! I am not on any particular eating plan now. I did Weight Watchers for a year, which helped me lose a good amount of weight. But now I am just making healthy choices, and yes, it works. I liked Weight Watchers at the time because I needed more structure.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 1:52 pm

Thanks Butterfly!!! I appreciate that. Y'all (or someone on here) have told me that before. Very Happy I just don't want people to think that they are weak and can't do what they set out to do, especially when it comes to their health. My dad died of a heart attack and he worked out everyday!!! But he also ate poorly at times, even though at that point he was all into the natural remedies and stuff. That was his 2nd heart attack. (and last one of course) But anyway, I just know how hard it is and want people to know that they are not alone by any means. Especially on here. even though we can't be there physically to push each other along, motivating words can help. I am always on websites that show before an after pics of people that lost MAAAAAD weight and I'm like if SHE can do it (usually like a woman that started off in the high 200s or 300s or in their 40s or 50s) than SURELY I can do it too. There really is no excuse for any one of us to be overweight. None whatsoever. But again, I know it's hard. I have battled with fat all my life almost. But after this I don't wanna deal with it anymore. I'm gonna lose it this time and NEVER find it again!!! LOL That sucka can stay gone for ever and kick rocks!!!! LOL!!!

Oh and DeM. I change up my eating plans often but I usually try to stay with this --- add MUFAs in your diet (MonoUnsaturated Fatty Acids) This is in foods such as olive oil, or olives, avocados, dark chocolate (my FAVE!) nuts and nut butters like peanut butter (another fave!), seeds. I also try to get my fish in 1-2 times a week. I stay low on the carbs but when I do eat carbs it's ALWAYS 100% whole wheat/grain bread or pasta, quinoa, or brown rice. I don't even use white flour, only whole wheat flour. I also try not to eat carbs for dinner. Just my thing but I prefer to eat them during the day. I guess it's lighter. So for dinner I just usually do a lean protein and a salad or veggies. Last night, however, I did treat myself since it was Valentine's day. I made a veggie lasagna from Trader Joe's, some Trader Joe's wheat bread loaf and mived veggies. A lot more carbs than I normally would do but it actually didn't hurt me. I still weighed less this morning than I did yesterday morning!! Smile

So all in all, just be sensible. I tell people I am not on a diet because I am not. (Unless I do something temporarily like Scarsdale, or slime fast or Atkins or South Beach just to get me going again, like if I am stuck) But I eat this way most of the time. Have been for a few years now. I fell off a few months ago after we moved because I got lazy)
But you can even continue to eat what you r eating just in smaller portions. There are so many ways to lose weight, you just have to find the way that's right for you. Good luck!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next