CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 13 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2011, 10:57 pm

HI DOLLS,

Well, I have to say with this new regimen I am on, I am getting a little lazy with the hair..... Laughing. I am keeping up with washing and conditioning and styling every 2 weeks. Moisturizing in between. But when spring and summer comes I hope I can bounce back to daily styling and maintance.

Tonight, I prepooed by undoing the twists and retwists in bigger sections. Adding Hairveda Vataki Frosting and Biofusion condish (trying to get rid of that condish), finger combed and then comb detangled along the way. I will leave on overnight then tom sometime, I will rinse and apply deep conditioner, hairveda brand, overnight. Hair will stay in these twists thru it all.

REMINDER: LOOK OUT FOR MY VIDEO CLIP ON THE DR OZ SHOW AT 3PM AND THEN AGAIN ON MONDAY IN THE MORNING (I DONT KNOW WHAT TIME)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 13 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th February 2011, 11:07 am

Hey, IB

I didn't know it was airing today ... geez I didn't set my DVR Crying or Very sad

I wonder if I can do it online ... let me check that out - if not I'll have to tape Dr. Oz shows on Monday.

You doing anything special this weekend?

I agree you can get pretty lazy when you don't have to style daily. You will bounce right back at it though ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th February 2011, 11:57 am

Hi IB...

Been meaning to get over here and tell you that your avatar is HOT!!! Love the look and the hair!!

I'm home today so I get to see the show. I'm going to set my DVR just in case for some reason I forget!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 3:26 pm

I LOVE the new avi, twinnie! You look fabulous, big hair and all! I'm just now seeing your post on your video clip. I hope I can catch it on Monday. I'll DVR it. I feel you on the laziness with the hair. I don't think it's the maintenance for me, it's more styling it. I'm bought do something new real quick! You look beautiful!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2011, 7:43 pm

I saw your clip on Dr Oz!! Yellow is your color!!! Your hair looked fabulous!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th February 2011, 4:51 am

@BBD, I can't find the link. Maybe it will be up on sat. However, they repeat shows on Monday morning that aired the day before. So set the DVR then.... Smile Yes, the lazy mood is not cool, but I am ok with it. I miss my hair because I am not doing any out styles at all. Between the dry heat in my house and the cold air in New Jersey, pin up twists are my go - to style.

@KNH, thank you so much Smile . I loved the look of my hair just wish it was more moisturized. But it was full and fluffy for sure.... Laughing Tell me what you think when you see the show Smile

@my hair twin, Destiny and I have missed you.... Laughing Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to see your hair straightened....... bounce

@Lynn, thank you girlie Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th February 2011, 5:29 am

Hello dolls,

This weekend is my work shift. So I will be sleeping and adding some bowling to my day schedule (my family loves to bowl).

On to the hair:
I rinsed out the prepoo last night with a castille/Giovanni Tea Tree condish mix with twists in. Then I plopped with a t-shirt to get rid of all water drips and applied my deep condish by Hairveda. I wanted to apply it in the twists but the twists kept unraveling. So I unraveled each one and applied the DC and the Hairveda Cocosta oil. I will let that sit overnight then rinse out and apply leave in by Hairveda and almond pomade in sections, twisiting in medium twists for an updo.

I plan to keep up this every 2 week routine of prepoo overnight, shampoo, deep condition overnight, leave in, and sealant. Putting hair in twists for updo. I am also remoisturizing by spritzing with strong teas and applying oil whenever needed. Along with using Bee Mine Hair Serum for scalp once a week during the 2 week span. My products are HAIRVEDA then once that runs out I will switch to Koils by nature deep condish and butter. I am still using the Indian powders once a month as well. Amla/Maka, brahmi/maka, henna/shitakiki, etc. I do these in the prepoo phase and mix them with condish for an overnight sit on the hair.

In the spring, I will modify just a little with buns and roller sets, mainly. Using up this Miss Jessie's puddings that I have. Using it to seal only!!
Then summer time season is big hair all the way. Complete with ponypuffs, wash n gos, flat twist outs.............. Laughing I plan to get that organic wash that Naptural 85 loves and some Karen Body Beautiful products.

Destiny is now 11 months old without relaxed ends and I am seeing the growth and length retention. When her 1 yr anniversary (really 2yr since my last perm) arrives, I will do a length check (should have 12 inches at a rate of 1/2 inch per month) all around. Then do some comparision pics or maybe even a video... Laughing . We will see...............

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS!!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 5th February 2011, 11:21 pm

I L.O.V.E. your avatar. Your hair as really grown and you look great! So what does your hubby think about your hair now?
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th February 2011, 1:02 am

Hey Tia,
Girl, I miss you on here. Smile
I try to keep up with you on your blog though. Love it.

Thank you so much. I think I am getting the hang of Destiny now..... Laughing . Thanks for noticing.

My husband is pretty impressed by my hair. He loved the avi style. I am slowly but surely breaking him into loving big hair because that is what my summer holds....... Laughing . He did ask me to straighten it just once. But I told him the straightest I am going to go is roller or spiral sets............ Laughing . I am just too afraid of heat damage. Rolling Eyes Overall, he is a huge advocate for natural hair now and actually encourages other women to do it and men to accept it. And that makes me happy cheers .
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th February 2011, 10:27 am

Wow, love your regime, it's working well for you.

I'm so glad to hear your hubby is now loving the natural "YOU".

My husband now notices a lot of natural women and comment on their hair and wonder if I know them. (lol)
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th February 2011, 9:50 am

yes BBD, my husband notices other naturals now too...lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 8th February 2011, 6:31 pm

Hi IB!

Your hair routine seems to really be working for you. Glad that your husband is finally loving your natural hair. I also can't wait til Summer but I probably won't be styling daily. So excited to see your length check.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 8th February 2011, 6:56 pm

You have a pretty solid winter routine. It's sound like Destiny is going to love you this summer! I'm finally getting over my straightening fear. I'm going to professional who I've trusted forever and I'm doing all the prep work myself down to the blowout. All she has to do is press it. I'm praying it turns out well and my hair will be ok. *praying hard and crossing finger/toes*
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2011, 5:15 pm

GUUUURRRLLLL!!!! I haven't been getting notifications so I read the last three pages. You are a Dr. Oz celebrity...lol. As always I love your hair. I was just thinking about your daily word you use to post then I would come in and post a song. We had our CN devotional service going on. LOL

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th February 2011, 10:45 am

TGIF ... IB

Just passing through ... I hope all is well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:17 pm

Hey IB...

I missed the show.. Sad All that ice and mess threw me off my schedule, and I forgot to set my DVR. Well..if I haven't said it already..your avatar is HOT!! Love the hair, the yellow and most of all that beautiful smile!!

Glad you hubby is loving your hair as well. Oh...I remember this time last year all so well!! LOL

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th February 2011, 4:40 pm

Hey IB! I'm so behind on threads! Love that your husband loves your hair and is now a promoter of the cause. Ummm YAY! And again- love that avi. Makes me smile!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2011, 7:14 am

@FF, thank you. I am excited to see my length check too. I have not done any comparision pics since I started this journey. Truthfully, because I am too afraid I will be disappointed. I don't want to be length obessed.

@Fubkyhair (twin), yes I hope Destiny will be big and beautiful this summer with all this winter preparation.... Laughing . I saw your hair straight. It looks great but I want my funky hair twin back Sad ................. Smile

@Shee, thank you darling. And yes I remember. Those were some good times. I will have to start to do that again. It's just when I come on here, I barely have time to write everything I want to say............... Laughing

@BBD, hi....................all is well. thank you Smile

@KNH, thank you so much. Yes he has come a long way. Yes, I recall this time last year too.................. Laughing

@Poet, thank you so much. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th February 2011, 12:53 am

Hi curlyfriends,

The weather this week was awesome so I decided to take a break from my winter routine and unravel my 1.5 week twists for a twist out. I was amazed by the soft, fluffy, full and long hair as I stared into the mirror. My husband loved it. I received a lot of compliments of "wow, you look gorgeous and I love your hair like that.". I couldnt stop taking pics unfortunately with my phone. But I did manage to take 2 with a camera.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 13 11_mon10
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 13 11_mon11

It will be cold again starting tonight. So I did an Amla/Brahmi tx then shampooed and DC with hairveda. I have my first curly meet up tomorrow. So Destiny will be in a glamazini inspired bun for the next 2 weeks. I am very excited about the curly meet up. I will FINALLY meet Sweet cheers
And 8 more curly friends.

That is all for now.

Have a great weekend dolls!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 19th February 2011, 4:49 am

Gorgeous twistout, twin!!! Wow, our hair is just alike! Look at the hang time and the growth! Destiny is fab and I can't wait to see how you rock her this summer! I love it.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 19th February 2011, 11:39 am

that twist out is gorgeous IB! Your hair really seems to be thriving off your winter routine (your ends look like they are in great condition)...I hope that i'm able to go to a meet-up one day, hope u have fun!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th February 2011, 12:57 am

Beautiful twist out!

Glad you were able to attend your first meetup and meet sweet. I hope to meet you one day. Sweet and I will meet next month at the Baltimore Hair expo.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th February 2011, 10:05 am

I had to come here and say this! I love this forum and all of those that I interact with! I am so very happy that I got to meet you! We all started on the forum together and when I tell you my heart smiled when you walked in! Your spirit brought a lightness to mine! CurlFriends it's not the yellow it's simply her! She is just as beautiful in person! I had a good time and I can't wait to do it again!

Now clearly I haven't been here! That twist out looked amazing! Keep up the good work! I love that your husband is on board and recruiting! Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th February 2011, 11:34 am

Hey IB, your routine is showing off with your hair. I like your twist out and it has really grown! Keep up the good work!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st February 2011, 3:52 am

@FHC, thank you. I can't wait of the spring. That will be my roller set season.... Laughing

@Kea, thank you. Destiny is loving the winter routine. But can I say your curls are goregous in your avi. BEAUTIFUL cheers

@Chrs, thank you. Yes, for my first meet up, meeting Sweet was fabulous!!
I hope to meet you one day too. I am pursuaded to try and go to this Baltimore hairshow so I can meet you, Dva, Nubie, BBD and see Sweet again. Very Happy

@my dear SWEET, I 100% agree with you. This forum is awesome. I appreciated so much the curly challenge that brought us all so close and now the curl street journal. WOW!!
It was such a pleasure meeting you as well. You were exactly how I envisioned: beautiful eyes, fun, confident and down to earth. I can't wait to do it again. You may see me in Baltimore.......... Laughing

@CrissyQ, thank you so much Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next