CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st February 2011, 4:35 am

Hello dolls,

I forgot to mention that the recent twistout in the photos above were 4 days old. So the definition was fading............ Laughing .

I enjoyed meeting everyone at my first curly meet up. I would love to do it again with an even bigger group. I have been peeking in on the NYC group, so we will see. May also drive on down to Baltimore to meet some of the CN familiar crew.

On the hair front: Destiny was in a bun for the meet up and for good reason. IT'S COLD AGAIN!! AND SNOW IS COMING AGAIN!!
The chore was getting Destiny in the bun. OMGoodness, I didn't have this issue the last time I tried to bun. She is so dense, she laughed at the ouchless head tie. I had to wear 2 of them and make sure to tie down my sides and back to contain her. The more she grows, the more dense she becomes BUT I LOVE IT!!!! Laughing

Anyway, I will be wearing this bun for 2 weeks then wash and switch back to twisted updos.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK DOLLS!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 5:39 am

I feel you on the density. My hair is probably long enough but entirely toooooo desne to even attempt a bun. Since I haven't been on much I missed the show :-( But I'll definitely be on the lookout if you do another. Do you know if you'll be able to get an online version?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 7:33 pm

Hey IB...

Destiny looked pretty good to me. A bun....I can't wait for the day!!!

So your 1 year anniversary is coming up. What do you plan to do special with Destiny?

Love the picture of you and Sweet from the meet-up!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd February 2011, 1:43 am

@JNB, yes the first show I was on is online. It's called supervalue foods.

@KNH, I would like to go to a salon for my 1 yr, just because.............
Let them tell me something about my hair (probably what I already know.... Laughing ) Just to be pampered. Don't know what style yet, though Rolling Eyes
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd February 2011, 10:44 am

Morning IB,

Destiny looks great. I had a heard time with buns too! The only way I can achieve them is with the stocking - not an actual pony tail holder (ouchless one of course).

March is my actual one year anniversary, I'm not sure how the ticker calculates ... but it's coming up and so is yours.

It's been an amazing year and I loved all of it.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 22nd February 2011, 6:55 pm

Hey sis! I've been wanting to start bunning, too, but I think my hair is too dense! Anytime I attempt to pull it back, it just slips through my band and I'll have layers sticking out. I don't like gels so I really would rather not use it. I want to try a roll and tuck style. That's about the best I can do.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd February 2011, 10:21 pm

Can you do a bunning tutorial?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd February 2011, 6:23 am

@BBD, thanks. It has been an amazing and fun ride.... Laughing

@FNC, I tried the tuck and roll with the plastic combs. Destiny just kept spitting it out.................smh. She was not having it................ Laughing

@JNB, bunning tutorial?........... Laughing . I am so not there yet. My bunning session was more of a fight...... Laughing . But I followed Glamazini's bun tutorial on youtube, if you want to check her out. I hope that helps.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2011, 6:11 am

Hello Dolls,

Well, I am still on this winter routine. I am getting very bored now. But my boredom will soon come to an end because we are seeing 45 and 50 degrees and higher lately. cheers

So my plan for the spring is to revisit all the styles I did when my hair was shorter. Twist n curl, bantu knot out, roller sets, braid outs, etc. This weekend will be in the 50s and I will be out and about. So I will attempt a braid out on wet hair.

My 1 yr without relaxed ends is fast approaching. I wanted to get the Huetiful steamer to celebrate, but then I wanted to go to a stylist, neither of these seem to be panning out.......... Laughing . So I don't know what I will do. I do know I need to do some comparision pics.
Anyone have any suggestions on what link I can use for comparision pics?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2011, 12:50 pm

Hey IB! the App Photo Wall will allow you to arrange pics anyway you like and that is what I use when I want to show you all multiple pic
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd March 2011, 1:54 am

OOOOOH cant wait to see how u celebrate! look how far you've come curly! gorgeous!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2011, 9:12 am

WOW, TODAY I CELEBRATE MY LAST PERM 2 YRS AGO (I transitioned for 1 yr. So it is not the big chop date). March 2, 2009 was my last perm. OMG...............I can't believe it. It has been such an AWESOME ride!!! woot!

Now if only I can slow down for 2 seconds to get these comparision pics up.... Laughing . I can't promise this week. Between working, planning for my junior church ministry trip to the Crayola Factory this weekend and planning for my husband's birthday next week on top of all my other motherly duties...............I am a wreck.......... Laughing . But it will be over soon and something else will come up... Laughing Anywho, I will try to get them up by my big chop date.

@Sweet, I know you are a tech genius. Ok, the app photo wall is what I already use to regularly post pics, right? scratch

@Nubie, thank you my darling. Oh and I am loving your avi........very pretty.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 2nd March 2011, 9:33 am

no pressure, but...i can't wait! This is going to be awesome run

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd March 2011, 4:38 am

Thanks Kea... I am excited too. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd March 2011, 5:05 am

Hey Dolls,
So I had to take a break from my hair celebration to bring this Tangle Teezer review. I bought this hair tool about a week ago for 10 dollars and I finally was able to use it yesterday.

Let me preface my review by saying I did not need this tool. Destiny and I were getting along well with the technique I was using. Prepooing on sections of damp hair spritzed by strong tea and using Vatika frosting from Hairveda. Finally applying a conditioner (preferably one I wanted to get rid of) and smoothing into strands with hands, finger detangling, Jilbere seamless comb through then twist. All of this takes 1 hour exactly. Smile
So I said all that to say, I really didnt need to experiment with this tool but I did.

So I did the first steps as normal: damp hair, oil, and condish then sectioned into smaller sections for the tangle teezer detangle session. I started from the back because that is my coilyest parts and that would be the true test. At first, I was like ok, not bad but then I noticed I was brushing, and brushing and brushing my ends to try to detangle from the tip to root. Then after that I decided, as a test, to run my comb thru it. Why was it still a little tangled Shocked AFTER ALL THAT BRUSHING...............HECK NOOOOOO. Ok, I have to have done something wrong so I try the other half of my back section and the same thing happened..................NOOO WAY!!!! I immediately went back to my fingers and comb and was happy with a few strokes, twist and kept it moving.

I noticed that the hairs in the brush were shed hairs, seeing the white bulb at the ends, but I didnt enjoy all that brushing. And can see why a few fine haired curlies would experience spilt ends by all that brushing.

Personally, I think this is great for shorter hair, even TWA's but not for Destiny.

There is one thing I have learned on this journey:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIT IT. PERIOD!!!!! Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2011, 7:59 am

WOW......so Destiny didn't like the tangle teerzer? Well I tried to detangle without it this last wash session, and can I tell you that was horrible.

That goes to show you how each head of hair is truly different.

How have you been doing IB? Just want to say Congratulations on your 1 year natural anniversary!!!

Where did the time go? Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd March 2011, 8:46 am

Great candid review IB. Thanks.

Bella is doing fine too ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd March 2011, 1:02 pm

Can't wait to see the comparison pics. I agree with KNH that everyone's hair is different. What works for one person won't work for the next. Also you can return your Tangle Teezer to Sally's if you don't plan to use it.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2011, 3:57 pm

Whew! I finally got caught up!

Congratulations on 2 yrs relaxer free!!! And I'm glad to hear your hubby is coming around about your hair. As for the Tangle Teezer, I only used mine twice on dry hair. After Nikki's review and few others who have used it long term, I'm scared so I shelved mine. Most of my strands are fine. I will continue to use my fingers only. No more denman, wide tooth combs or tangle teezers for Roxie. No

Loved that 4 day old twist out! Destiny is getting so long!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th March 2011, 1:51 am

@KNH, I had high hopes for the teezer. But like you said everyone's hair is different and you can't call it until you use or do it..... Laughing
I have been well. Just busy these days but that is nothing new.... Rolling Eyes
Yes, time has gone by so quickly and I have enjoyed this journey thus far. And ALL MY CURLFRIENDS TOO Very Happy

@BBD, Thanks Smile

@KC, I just love your hair in that avi. Yes everyone's hair is truly unique and different. I plan on returning it to Sallys but I cant find that blasted reciept..... Laughing

@Lynn, thanks for reading, compliments and for my congrats Smile I am not messing with the Teezer. I should have known since the denman never worked for her either. Destiny is fine and dense and loves my fingers and Jilbere seamless comb. Besides my curls clump better when it is not brushed.
I will be doing comparision pics soon. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2011, 3:39 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW, TODAY I CELEBRATE MY LAST PERM 2 YRS AGO (I transitioned for 1 yr. So it is not the big chop date). March 2, 2009 was my last perm. OMG...............I can't believe it. It has been such an AWESOME ride!!! woot!

Now if only I can slow down for 2 seconds to get these comparision pics up.... Laughing . I can't promise this week. Between working, planning for my junior church ministry trip to the Crayola Factory this weekend and planning for my husband's birthday next week on top of all my other motherly duties...............I am a wreck.......... Laughing . But it will be over soon and something else will come up... Laughing Anywho, I will try to get them up by my big chop date.

@Sweet, I know you are a tech genius. Ok, the app photo wall is what I already use to regularly post pics, right? scratch
@Nubie, thank you my darling. Oh and I am loving your avi........very pretty.
LOL, I will call you and we can discuss. Congrats on hitting your two year perm free mark! Your hair looks fab! Now let me go back and read your review on the teezer
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2011, 3:41 pm

Great review...I didn't bother after the first few times of it being sold out. My fingers do just fine!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2011, 11:50 pm

HELLO DOLLS:

SO I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO LOOK BACK ON MY PICS AND DISCOVERED THAT MY TICKER WAS CORRECT. I DID BC ON MARCH 2ND. SO DESTINY IS 2 YRS OLD FROM HER LAST RELAXER AND 1 YR OLD FROM HER BC DATE. cheers

HERE IS MY LENGTH CHECK:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_011

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_014

I ANTICIPATE I WILL BE FULL APL BY THE MIDDLE TO END OF SUMMER.

I LOVED FUNKY HAIR CHIC'S BRAID OUT SO I DECIDED TO REVISIT THIS STYLE. I DID MY WASH A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME. I DETANGLED AND TWISTED IN A PREPOO WITH VATAKI FROSTING BY HARIVEDA AND AOHSR CONDISH FOR A REVERSE DEEP CONDITION. I LEFT THAT ON FOR 24 HOURS THEN SHAMPOOED WITH CASTILLE AND GIOVANNI TEA TREE CONDISH MIX. UNTWISTED,RINSED OUT, THEN RETWISTED IN SECTIONS APPLING SHATAKI COSTAL OIL FROM HAIRVEDA. LEFT THAT ON IN THE SHOWER AND TOOK CARE OF MY SHOWER NEEDS. THEN RINSED OUT WITH COLD WATER. APPLIED HAIRVEDA'S HYDRATION ENDS LEAVE IN CONDISH AND THE GREEN TEA OIL AND BRAIDED. I WANTED A CURL ON THE BOTTOM BUT I REMEMBERED THE LAST TIME I USED ROLLERS MY ENDS CAME OUT FLAT. SO I PIN CURLED THE BOTTOM INSTEAD.
HERE WAS THE PIC:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_012

RESULTS:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_013

DAY 2 HAIR:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_110

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 14 1_yr_112

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE OUTCOME. I ALSO RECEIVED MANY COMPLIMENTS FROM PEOPLE OF ALL TYPES OF NATIONALITIES INCLUDING MY OWN, WHICH IS ALWAYS NICE.
I CAN REALLY SEE DESTINY'S PROGRESS OVER TIME AND I AM TRULY LOVING IT.
I CAN TRULY SAY, I LOVE THE WAY GOD MADE ME woot!

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th March 2011, 12:08 am

That braidout is amazing!!! I can never get mine to look like this... sigh...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th March 2011, 12:26 am

Beautiful!!! Loves it!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next