CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 6 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 6:09 pm

Hey chica! Just dropping by to say hello!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 6 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by swoodward 19th November 2010, 11:16 pm

yo, where u @?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th November 2010, 6:03 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES:

I know it's been a looonggg time. You gals look great, though. Everyone's hair looks like it is growing by leaps and bounds!! Very Happy

So what have I been up to? Busy with family. I have decided to homeschool my boys. So I have been consumed with the subject. We have been having alot of family fun.

Destiny and I have been having fun too. I have been posting pics on facebook, though. It seems to be helping alot of women out. So far there are about 8 women at have converted to natural hair since I first posted my transition pics until now. I am loving it Cool . So happy to help by example. Here is the link below of my second album of natural hair only. It is current. Enjoy!!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2070857&id=1142948927&l=7689969efb

PS.-I will do better in keeping up this thread. Promise...... Laughing

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 24th November 2010, 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2010, 6:50 pm

Congrats on taking the steps to homeschool your sons! That is wonderful and commendable.

Happy Thanksgiving!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th November 2010, 7:09 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Congrats on taking the steps to homeschool your sons! That is wonderful and commendable.

Happy Thanksgiving!
What she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 24th November 2010, 7:30 pm

Hey IB! i checked the pics on FB...LOVELY! and good job on homeschooling your sons! I'm sure they will benefit profusely!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th November 2010, 8:06 pm

Thanks Ladies. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th November 2010, 8:11 pm

title change
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th November 2010, 1:03 am

wheeww!! good luck on homeschooling! hats off to you cuz i barely got the patience for homework!

ur looking good and doesnt it feel good to recruit Razz i mean i dont walk around holding people's perm hostage but it feels nice to know u can be an inspiration to others. i think my toll is at about 6, lol. then u get bombarded with questions, i pass on what i know n learned but i always advise them to seek what works for THEIR hair n do research!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 12:18 pm

Hey IB! I keep up with you and your family on FB. I often wish you were MY mom! Many parents don't do that much with their kids and to homeschool them on top of it is a plus! Proud of ya and happy for your boys!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th November 2010, 1:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving IB,

I have missed you! Congratulations on the homeschooling of your sons ... that's great and I commend you as well.

Your hair looks great - Destiny is flourishing.

Keep up the good work.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th November 2010, 9:36 am

@Nubie, thanks for the blessings.
Yes, it feels great that you can inspire other women to see their nature beauty. It's so funny though. When they are thinking about transitioning over, they always private message me and tell me not to tell anyone..... Laughing . I just think that is hilarious!!!!

@Poet, thank you for keeping up with me on FB and your kind words. Very Happy

@BBD, I miss you too. Now with homeschooling on the plate along with life, I rarely have time to check out my fav blogs... Sad But it's all good!!
Thanks for your kind words. Bella is looking great, as well.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th November 2010, 9:40 am

Good Sunday morn,

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Mine was very nice.

Destiny has been in DC under my hat for 2 days........... Laughing . She is very happy. She needed that since the blow out I did. I have her covered in AOHSR and EVOO, then on the second day I added Vatika oil.
I plan to wear a ponypuff for church. Then tonight try another twisted updo. Tia has been inspiring me with her updo styles on her blog.
We will see............................

HAVE A GREAT WEEK DOLLS!!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 10:20 am

Hi IB...

Homeschooling? Amazing...just think of the fun you are going to have. I am more excited about the field trips you will get to take. I think that home schooling is very innovative and it allows you to bring different perspectives into your children's education.

Me on the other hand....that would not work. I remember when all I had to do was let Xander read to me for 30 minutes after 10 minutes I was like this... Sleep He struggled with reading and he was calling words. You know what I mean. We made it...I had everyone on board. He read in the car...you know I couldn't fall asleep, he read to my mom and his brother. It worked!!!

Sounds like to you are still doing a wonderful job taking care of Destiny. 8 months since your BC..WOW time sure is flying by!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 6:13 am

Hey KNH,

You are too funny with the Sleep ...... Laughing
I am excited about this new journey and expect great things out of it. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 6:32 am

HEY EVERYONE,

I am loving everyone's new avi..................BEAUTIFUL!!

Great news: I was called to be on the Dr Oz show. This happened because I took my hubby to a Dr Oz show about 2 months ago. (HE LOVES DR OZ). They emailed all the guests and asked who wanted to be on a segment and if so email a pic with info. So I emailed my pic with info and was chosen. They unfortunately had to cut my segment and I just ended up as a studio audience member with my hubby, which was fine. I wanted to be with him anyway. It was a terrific show, where we recieved 10 prizes total.
Well last week I recieved a call from the woman, who I was corresponding with on the show. She explained she really wanted to use me on a segement on an upcoming show. I told her "YES! When?" She explained that it would be a 2 day shoot. Then we proceeded to make transportation arrangements to NYC and back home again. So last Thursday, was the first "field run" in a supermarket with 3 other women. It was so much fun. Then this Thursday is the studio appearance. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anywho, the segment I am in will be about supervalue food. I don't know the air time yet. But I will keep you posted.

So now for Destiny, I am thinking about a spiral/roller set but then I was thinking about blowing her out and creating a cinnabun or twist out.

Any suggestions??????????????????????????
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 9:36 am

Omg that is soooo awesome! Anything you do to Destiny will be beautiful! But I vote for Spirals!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th December 2010, 9:51 am

Dr. OZ!!! You must keep us posted!!! I vote for the cinnabun!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th December 2010, 11:50 am

Congratulations on the Dr. Oz segment! Indeed keep us posted when it will air. I'm voting for the twistout!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 5th December 2010, 12:54 pm

OMG the home schooling and then the show!! You've got so many great things going on!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th December 2010, 4:19 pm

Wow, congrats IB, that's terrific. Please keep us informed when the airdate will take place. I like Dr. Oz too.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 6th December 2010, 2:13 am

Wow that is awesome!! I so excited for you IB! I can't wait to see your lovely face on Dr. Oz Very Happy

And I think the cinnabon would be beautiful as well as the spiral. Maybe do the spiral first and the blow out after that? Just a thought!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th December 2010, 2:55 am

Hi again,

So I don't know why I can't multiquote and post reply. Rolling Eyes

But anyway, thanks for the congrats and the votes. I am getting nervous and excited all over again.
For Destiny, I am really leaning toward a spiral set. The cinnabun is pretty
(I tried it for work tonight). But I want something that would enhance my front and side. I don't think my back will be seen too much.... Laughing .
I forgot to mention what my hair looked like for last Thursday's shoot. My hubby suggested I just wear my curls. I was so SHOCKED and HAPPY he said that!!!!!! I had been waiting for him to feel that way about my hair. Then he thought and said that I should aim to have the same look like the pic I originally sent them (smart Idea Wink ). So I decided on a ponypuff, but a stretched one. Besides, the ponypuff looks more natural for a supermarket run....lol.

I have so much going on this week. Life doesn't stop just because you will be on the Dr Oz show this week........... Laughing . It's just an add on. But it's all good. I will be able to breath soon. tongue

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK CURLIES AND HOPEFULLY MY NEXT POST WILL BE WITH AN AIR DATE!!! cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th December 2010, 11:16 am

Hey IB, I haven't been by in a long while. Congrats on homeschooling your boys. That takes a lot of dedication so kudos to you for that. And please keep us posted on the air date for your Dr. Oz show...I've never watched it, but I'll definitely tune in to see you! Have a great day!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th December 2010, 2:39 pm

OMG IB! That is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see you on Dr. O! I only get to watch that show sometimes but it seems awesome! Can't wait!!!!!

So I'm curious, what kind of prizes do they award for being in the studio audience?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next