CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

+72
Cherry: extraordinary!
Emartini04
blackice82
yacoomba
Scarletjazz
molove87
JerseyGyrl
kekesmum
mocha_mom
abradley002
msbahamas
RebekahR
mizcreativelyme
Ebbz
naturallyfreeMD2B
luvmycoils
missbugg21
tmorgan
dyamonds10
Curlykid78
BajanPrincess82
Naturalandhappy
ashollan
EagerCurler
MizzV
Curly Film Chick
Kez
alove15
naturallyu
Ms.Mai
DvaAuNaturel
sweetface1118
Committed2thaCurl
Neems
Alanija
KnottyKinkyMommy
nbella
Free2BMe :)
raina
whimsy
ftiffrenee
earniece
fanmnatirel
laleepop14
kurlegurl
ChrisP
BrownSkinDiva
C.
lananicole
curlybarbi48
CurlyCrayolaBrown
nattyblog
DreamMerchant
kim
aylexgetxit
Cnicoles6
Karyn
sweetdrk1
Justice
brownsugar09
Karameldiva1978
ciara89
jlowman1
LadyMika
jaybella
kbelle
Beautifulyfe
Lynnieluve
Myeka33
tiashaunteƩ
ShortNSassie
76 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 3 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by Ms.Mai 10th September 2010, 11:30 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I will have to find a style for my hair during the colder months. Now that it's short I can't braid/twist or weave...lol! I guess half-wigs will be my best option.
Dva Im going thru the same thing. Hair too short, but I don't want to put weave in it. So I guess its time to start looking for half wigs.
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 3 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by Lynnieluve 10th September 2010, 11:46 pm

Ms.Mai wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:I will have to find a style for my hair during the colder months. Now that it's short I can't braid/twist or weave...lol! I guess half-wigs will be my best option.
Dva Im going thru the same thing. Hair too short, but I don't want to put weave in it. So I guess its time to start looking for half wigs.

Or you can get a FLYY winter hat!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 3 Empty IDK

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 1:09 am

IDK WHAT PROTECTIVE STYLE TO WEAR FOR THE FALL/WINTER.....IS IT A BAD IDEA IF UR HAIR IS PROBABLY 2 INCHES, JUST STARTING OUT W/ NATURAL HAIR???? MY HAIR HAS A WAVY/KINKY CURLY TEXTURE LOL IDK MAYBE A 4A TEXTURE AND I CAN PUT A LIQUID FORMULA LIKE GEL OR SOMETHING SMOOTH AND WET AND IT WILL CURL UP...I DON'T WANT TO RUN INTO ANY MORE ERRORS W/ MY SCALP AND HAIR....WHAT ARE GOOD PROTECTIVE STYLES FOR SHORT NATURAL HAIR???

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 14th September 2010, 1:37 am

Two strand twists & rod sets will be my protective fall styles. I will be experimenting with different updo's this fall.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 12:48 am

idk wut to really do w/ my hair b/c i have a TWA and it's curly kinky and idk bout braids ....ne suggestions for more experienced natural go-ers??? i'm just beginning 1 1/2 months w/o relaxer cuz July i did the BC Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by alove15 19th September 2010, 4:16 pm

Just two strand twists placed in a bun.
alove15
alove15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 20th September 2010, 11:05 am

Hi ladies,
Im pretty new to CN and was wondering, what changes should i be aiming to make for Winter/Cold Months . .our weather here in UK is getting rather nippy now and cold - i notice you all talk about protective styles, it this simply to protect against the harsher elements of winter months??
Mine will probably be in a bun/top knot (messy bun) i expect...easy, fuss free and can spoil it with leave in's even more ;-)
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 20th September 2010, 12:25 pm

I'm going to focus on twists because it really works well for my hair, but I'm going to find different ways to make them interesting. Here's how I did them yesterday:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MizzV 20th September 2010, 4:25 pm

I'm going to try a two strand twist.. Last fall/winter I did a comb coil and my hair grew a lot...... but its costly. So I'm going to try that (twist out) and braid outs....
MizzV
MizzV

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 21st September 2010, 5:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I will be rocking the twists for my fall/winter protective style
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 21st September 2010, 5:24 pm

ftiffrenee wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I will be rocking the twists for my fall/winter protective style

I love the top pic where it all looks pinned up, really cute xx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 21st September 2010, 5:40 pm

Thanks dahling :-)
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 23rd September 2010, 12:54 pm

I am going for so updo w/ twists and a sew in weave w/ an invisible part so no hair is left out...
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 23rd September 2010, 3:30 pm

I will be doing a lot of half-wigs and sew-in's for the winter months. I plan on BC on Oct 1st (1 year post and protect my hair all winter).
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalandhappy 24th September 2010, 3:27 pm

Hello my natural family I'm wanting to do kinky twist but I'm hearing alot of diffrent stories. One they loc on you after having them a month. And for me to pay that kind of money & only last 3 weeks not worth the process. I've worked to hard to get & keep my hair healthy. I thought about doing the half wigs or Corn rolls which I wore a lot while transitioning so I would like to do something diffrent. I don't do weaves never thought they look good on me I'm more of a braid person no mirco braids they take your hair out. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks Naturals

Naturalandhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th September 2010, 1:12 pm

@samhenry41 - That isn't true about kinky twists...not sure why someone wouldtell you that. I've had kinky twists many times and I love them because they don't stress my hair like micros do. The longest I kept mine were two months (I think) and just got the outside ones redone after a month. I personally don't like when my hair looks 'stale' or fuzzy, so thats why I didn't keep them in for too long.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalandhappy 25th September 2010, 6:43 pm

Thank you BajanPrincess82 for the information & 2 months is about how long I would keep them @ get them redone. I had my heart set on kinky twist for a while as my protective style for the winter & maybe try the half wigs somethings as a break from the braids. Well I have 2 more weeks & I'll have my kinky twist getting ready for the winter. Which I am TX so we may not have cold till December. Again thanks so much for the info.....

Naturalandhappy

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 3 Empty Twist

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 8:59 am

Your hair looks similar to mine. How do you set your twist and what product do you use?

Cnicoles6 wrote:I'm thinking two strand twists but I'm working on three strand at night. Maybe by November I'll be able to do my whole head. It doesn't get cold here until then so I'll have some extra time to practice. One good thing about living in the south. LOL flower
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th September 2010, 4:44 pm

I'm guessing, I'mma do a wig or two lol for the fall/winter....I remember, my hair grew more when I left it alone and did nothing to it, so that's what it's gonna b, plus I am not feeln' my short hair PREFER LONGER HAIR; had it all my life so it is wut it is~

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 26th September 2010, 11:41 pm

sew ins and braids for this winter Very Happy
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tmorgan 30th September 2010, 12:10 pm

Can someone explain/show me a pic of yarn braids?
tmorgan
tmorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 30th September 2010, 1:47 pm

BlackOnyx77 from You tube does a great tutorial on yarn braids/genie locs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUUKpLOYVA
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by missbugg21 30th September 2010, 4:20 pm

I'm currently transitioning and my relaxed ends are very fragile, so I'll be kinky twisted up all fall/winter! I'm doing a modified crown & glory technique with the twists for growth. I'll have them in for 8 weeks then leave my hair out for 3-4 weeks. I'll be applying protein treatments and deep moisture conditioning treatments to my "leave out" hair. I'm trying to retain as much length as possible because I have no plans to BC anytime soon. Wink
missbugg21
missbugg21

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmycoils 10th October 2010, 2:16 am

Hello ladies. I'm not sure yet. My hair isn't quite long enough for a bun so I think that I will probably be wearing half wigs with my hair braided underneath.
luvmycoils
luvmycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 11th October 2010, 11:47 pm

I'm planning to wear twists. I wore them for a whole week last week, and I retwisted this past weekend. I was really nervous about wearing my twists to work, but I was able to dress them up a little bit. I loved wearing my hair in twists all week because there was no manipulation. I ended up taking the twists down Friday and wore a twist out. I think this is going to be my signature style for the winter.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next