CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

+72
Cherry: extraordinary!
Emartini04
blackice82
yacoomba
Scarletjazz
molove87
JerseyGyrl
kekesmum
mocha_mom
abradley002
msbahamas
RebekahR
mizcreativelyme
Ebbz
naturallyfreeMD2B
luvmycoils
missbugg21
tmorgan
dyamonds10
Curlykid78
BajanPrincess82
Naturalandhappy
ashollan
EagerCurler
MizzV
Curly Film Chick
Kez
alove15
naturallyu
Ms.Mai
DvaAuNaturel
sweetface1118
Committed2thaCurl
Neems
Alanija
KnottyKinkyMommy
nbella
Free2BMe :)
raina
whimsy
ftiffrenee
earniece
fanmnatirel
laleepop14
kurlegurl
ChrisP
BrownSkinDiva
C.
lananicole
curlybarbi48
CurlyCrayolaBrown
nattyblog
DreamMerchant
kim
aylexgetxit
Cnicoles6
Karyn
sweetdrk1
Justice
brownsugar09
Karameldiva1978
ciara89
jlowman1
LadyMika
jaybella
kbelle
Beautifulyfe
Lynnieluve
Myeka33
tiashaunteé
ShortNSassie
76 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on Empty Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by ShortNSassie 24th August 2010, 1:27 pm

I guess my hair is about 4 inches now since my BC and I am working on putting some protective styles together for the fall and winter months. I would love to see pics of styles you ladies have used in the past for inspiration. Thanks
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by tiashaunteé 24th August 2010, 1:44 pm

I am definitely going back to bunning. My hair thrived like crazy. Although, I have been giving thought to roller-setting but my concern is what if too much roller-setting stretches out my curls. I don't want that.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by Myeka33 24th August 2010, 1:47 pm

definately two strand twists....i dont do them as often as i should....like hardly ever lol but i need to keep my hair protected from the cold....pray that i dont get lazy you guys
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th August 2010, 1:48 pm

I wear them year round but two strand twist is my favorite protective style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 24th August 2010, 6:39 pm

My fav protective syle has to be twist and I always pull them back so I can tuck my ends way.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 24th August 2010, 9:25 pm

Two strand twists are my fav. I pull them back and pin them all kind of ways for styles.
In fact that is what I just spent 6 FREAKIN' HOURS doing Saturday because I made them kinda small.
But I plan to leave them in for hopefully ... pray for a sista ... 1 1/2 to 2 weeks! I want to do that twice this month for a little retention help.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 25th August 2010, 2:21 pm

I am going to try more updos, but I am not too sure that my hair is long enough, so we shall see. My ends are the main thing I am worried about for the winter time so I am also on a hunt for a good moisturizer in the winter time, right now I am scoping out Qhemet products. I am def going to go with braids and twists though.
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th August 2010, 4:02 pm

Yarn braids until Spring. I've already got the yarn, (and some left over strands from my last set) so I'm just waiting until October so I can get started.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th August 2010, 4:46 pm

Definitely a curly sew in, I'm the wash and go queen which is not the best thing for cooler weather (dont want to get the sniffles) so I'll be tucking my hair away for the Fall...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 25th August 2010, 4:56 pm

Two-strand twist is my friend, and my fav so far, because its so easy maintain..my twist isnt long enough to pin-up but I still make it work, and that is my plan for the whole winter.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 26th August 2010, 4:46 pm

LadyMika wrote:Yarn braids until Spring. I've already got the yarn, (and some left over strands from my last set) so I'm just waiting until October so I can get started.

I almost forgot that I wanted to try yarn braids in my hair...or maybe even regular hair for some braids. I am just worried about washing them and such. IDK. I will have to research it some more. Smile
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 28th August 2010, 12:08 pm

I'll be rocking some cute wigs. I just recently had issues with micro braids, so I'm done with those for now. But I plan to keep my own hair in twists and cornrows while I wig it up this winter. I'm excited, wig shopping has been fun!! LOL
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 28th August 2010, 12:38 pm

I wear half- wigs most of the winter. This is my favorite protective style option because it allow me to keep my hair safely two strand twisted underneath. I maintain a lot of length this way.
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice 28th August 2010, 8:57 pm

I think that I'm gonna stick with the 2 & 3 strand twists. It worked pretty good last year but this year I'm going to try to learn how to cornrow so I can jazz it up a bit.
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th August 2010, 9:36 pm

Twists, coils and rod sets for me!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 28th August 2010, 11:27 pm

i'm not sure. i recently twisted my hair and noticed that my ends got really rough and nasty - that has definitely happened before and i don't like it. so...maybe i'll be like tia and bun. i'll probs straighten my hair once or twice this winter too. i hate to say that i wanna just keep doing braid outs, but it's sooo much easier lol. i'm having pretty much zero retention though, so something has to change for the fall/winter.

that was a lot haha.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 29th August 2010, 12:44 am

I'm thinking two strand twists but I'm working on three strand at night. Maybe by November I'll be able to do my whole head. It doesn't get cold here until then so I'll have some extra time to practice. One good thing about living in the south. LOL flower
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by aylexgetxit 29th August 2010, 10:45 am

do any of you guys buy half-wigs online? if so, which sites?
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 29th August 2010, 5:43 pm

two strand twist and pinning into various updos

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 29th August 2010, 10:50 pm

Two strand twists for me. I hair has finally gotten a little past my shoulders twisted so I hope my ends will not look so ratty since they were sweeping my shoulders. I usually do flat twists in the front and then two strand twist the rest. I love putting wooden beads in my hair too just for something different.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th August 2010, 10:51 pm

Cornrows for me, I think. Trying to keep doing cornrow/braid variations till December.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCrayolaBrown 30th August 2010, 5:03 pm

It doesnt really get cold here and when it does its not for very long. Its only cold from Dec-Feb. It does stay pretty humid and it gets windy. The moisture in the air and that cold wind makes my ends so jacked up. Im really going to protect my hair. Im 5 months into transitioning and my ends always need extra attention. Braids have been working for me this summer so Im going to stick with that. Simple cornrowed styles will get me through our mini Winter.
CurlyCrayolaBrown
CurlyCrayolaBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 30th August 2010, 11:42 pm

I'm going to try to wear two strand twists as a protective style. I haven't been very comfortable wearing them out, but hopefully by winter, they will be longer and won't look like worms crawling out of my head. Very Happy
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by lananicole 30th August 2010, 11:56 pm

I do half wigs as protective styles. When my hair gets longer, I will pull it back and attach the fake buns. This is my favorite half wig:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lananicole
lananicole

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 31st August 2010, 12:12 am

twists, twists and more twists, lol. some will be flat (to the scalp), or loose twist pinned up into an updo.
quick question: if twists are worn loose with the ends out is it still a good winter protective style or just a low manipulation style?

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next