CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

+72
Cherry: extraordinary!
Emartini04
blackice82
yacoomba
Scarletjazz
molove87
JerseyGyrl
kekesmum
mocha_mom
abradley002
msbahamas
RebekahR
mizcreativelyme
Ebbz
naturallyfreeMD2B
luvmycoils
missbugg21
tmorgan
dyamonds10
Curlykid78
BajanPrincess82
Naturalandhappy
ashollan
EagerCurler
MizzV
Curly Film Chick
Kez
alove15
naturallyu
Ms.Mai
DvaAuNaturel
sweetface1118
Committed2thaCurl
Neems
Alanija
KnottyKinkyMommy
nbella
Free2BMe :)
raina
whimsy
ftiffrenee
earniece
fanmnatirel
laleepop14
kurlegurl
ChrisP
BrownSkinDiva
C.
lananicole
curlybarbi48
CurlyCrayolaBrown
nattyblog
DreamMerchant
kim
aylexgetxit
Cnicoles6
Karyn
sweetdrk1
Justice
brownsugar09
Karameldiva1978
ciara89
jlowman1
LadyMika
jaybella
kbelle
Beautifulyfe
Lynnieluve
Myeka33
tiashaunteƩ
ShortNSassie
76 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 5 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by Kez 23rd November 2010, 3:39 pm

:-) Bajan xxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 5 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by preciouslady 27th November 2010, 7:14 pm

mizcreativelyme wrote:
preciouslady wrote:I am so happy to have found a new protective style for the winter! woot! I did my own yarn braids for the first time! I am so excited because they are not too tight and eventhough it was time consuming, it is the cheapest hairstyle I've ever had. I plan on leaving them in until late Jan.

Please post a pic Smile I'd like to try them as well, but my arms get tired after doing several twists Neutral

I will post a pic soon. I haven't posted one in a long time so I'll have to read on how to do it again.

Last edited by preciouslady on 28th November 2010, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 8:47 pm

Two strand twists. Hair is not long enough for a bun yet.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th November 2010, 7:30 pm

I thought I commented on this thread but I guess not...so anyway...I guess I will also be doing the 2-strand twists but neat, not messy how I normally do because I never do the twists as a style--more for around the house. I am also having a friend cornrow my hair for the Christmas holiday. I hope it lasts at least 2 weeks. I hope I can have her do it at least monthly.

I have a question though...what are the "kinky twists?" How are these diff from regular 2-strand twists???

afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 28th November 2010, 9:29 pm

misskris wrote:I thought I commented on this thread but I guess not...so anyway...I guess I will also be doing the 2-strand twists but neat, not messy how I normally do because I never do the twists as a style--more for around the house. I am also having a friend cornrow my hair for the Christmas holiday. I hope it lasts at least 2 weeks. I hope I can have her do it at least monthly.

I have a question though...what are the "kinky twists?" How are these diff from regular 2-strand twists???

afro
Not really different as far as technique from 2 strand twists but you are adding marley braid hair to your hair to give it a fuller/longer effect (I say sometimes because some choose to get short kinky twists). You can start a kinky twist off with a twist or a braid then start twisting (I did mine over the summer and started it with a braid for about an inch then began twisting). Youtube has a lot of DIY videos on putting in your own kinky twists-thats how I learned to do mine. I've attached a link of a kinky twists on a person and a youtube video demonstration. HTH

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Express.Braiding.614-432-7664/picture/view/1715659?start=6http://
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLW0tIcN1c
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 28th November 2010, 11:39 pm

aylexgetxit wrote:do any of you guys buy half-wigs online? if so, which sites?

Try => www.hairsisters.com
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th November 2010, 12:08 pm

Thanks Yacoomba and 1FlySista! I don't really wanna add anything to my hair so i guess I will just stick to 2-strand twisting my own hair. I just hope my arms don't fall off!!! I wanna do them somewhat small but I don't know if I have the patience for all that!! Mad LOL I may do something today. I was supposed to DT yesterday but didn't. I'll check out the links you two sent just in case I DO see something interesting! Thanks for you help. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th November 2010, 1:29 pm

Oh, oops. @ 1Flysista, I thought your link was in response to my question!! I went to the site and was like, this ain't for me!! LOL Peace! Razz
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 5 Empty One of my protective styles...

Post by sdlovette 9th December 2010, 1:02 pm

I'm planning on do many more throughout the winter. I don't want to get anymore braids or twist so i'm trying to stick to buns, twist, individual braids, or a combination of all. Below is a video of my first attempt. Sorry the music continues way after I'm done with the video.. You can tell i'm a beginner video maker. I plan on redoing the pony to explain how I got my short hair into one BUN!

Last edited by sdlovette on 9th December 2010, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more content)
sdlovette
sdlovette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5