CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

+72
Cherry: extraordinary!
Emartini04
blackice82
yacoomba
Scarletjazz
molove87
JerseyGyrl
kekesmum
mocha_mom
abradley002
msbahamas
RebekahR
mizcreativelyme
Ebbz
naturallyfreeMD2B
luvmycoils
missbugg21
tmorgan
dyamonds10
Curlykid78
BajanPrincess82
Naturalandhappy
ashollan
EagerCurler
MizzV
Curly Film Chick
Kez
alove15
naturallyu
Ms.Mai
DvaAuNaturel
sweetface1118
Committed2thaCurl
Neems
Alanija
KnottyKinkyMommy
nbella
Free2BMe :)
raina
whimsy
ftiffrenee
earniece
fanmnatirel
laleepop14
kurlegurl
ChrisP
BrownSkinDiva
C.
lananicole
curlybarbi48
CurlyCrayolaBrown
nattyblog
DreamMerchant
kim
aylexgetxit
Cnicoles6
Karyn
sweetdrk1
Justice
brownsugar09
Karameldiva1978
ciara89
jlowman1
LadyMika
jaybella
kbelle
Beautifulyfe
Lynnieluve
Myeka33
tiashaunteé
ShortNSassie
76 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 9:38 am

I plan on bunning, but I also want to get some senegelease(sp) twists. I know last fall/winter I did way too much manipulation with my hair. I retain sooo much more length when I bun it.
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on

Post by ChrisP 31st August 2010, 11:59 am

For the fall/winter I plan on doing mini box braids and maybe twists

ChrisP

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 1st September 2010, 8:42 am

I will be doing two strand twists. This will be my second winter as a natural, the first winter i didnt survive, I ended up relaxing due to the cold and not knowing anything other than a wng. So this year I am determined! My hair is between 4 and 5 inches (some spots are longer than others). Like a few others, Im going to try to retain some length with the twists. Fingers crossed!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 1st September 2010, 11:12 am

I will probably do my sengalese/kinky twists(whatever you want to call them) that I put in myself last year!! My hair grew like crazy!!! And they actually came out very very nice(considering it was my first braiding my hair and with extensions at that) and was the cheapest I ever paid for briads..Hair was about 1.99 a pack or .99 cents.. Youtube is wonderful (where I learned how to do them)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 1st September 2010, 11:22 am

I think I wanna get kinky twists...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by earniece 1st September 2010, 2:26 pm

I'm thinking about kinky twists but until I get those I'm gonna do braided up dos.

Earniece

Newly Natural ~Since 10/31/09~
earniece
earniece

http://www.twitter.com/earniece

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 2nd September 2010, 3:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I'll be wearing small to medium sized twists as a protective style. Seems like my hair is growing at a snail's pace, so well see how this works out Very Happy
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by whimsy 3rd September 2010, 11:09 am

Bunning is my go to protective style!

I also love this style that keeps my ends protected and I still feel cute:

whimsy
whimsy

http://www.longnaturalhair.info

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th September 2010, 10:01 pm

@ Whimsy that updo is beautiful! How did you do that?
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th September 2010, 10:08 pm

oh I got so excited over that updo I for got to answer the question ! I will be putting my hair in a bun and I am going to try the two strand twist and pin it up, and of course my favorite tried and true bantu knotout high ponytail (tucking the ends)
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 5th September 2010, 12:53 am

Right now I have in self-done Senegalese twists but I have nooo idea what I'm going to do in the fall/winter. Probably a new set of Senegalese twists.

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nbella 7th September 2010, 12:58 pm

I want to try rolling my hair on large rollers to stretch my hair then bun. I haven't tried it before but it seems ( In my head) that it will work. Will try it the week after next. Getting my ends trimmed next week.
nbella
nbella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 7th September 2010, 3:40 pm

@lana where do u purchase your wigs? what is the name of that one?
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 7th September 2010, 3:51 pm

Two strand twists with a wig over top/ senegalese twists/ kinky twists/ micros/ micros

I will not be wearing my hair out at all.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 7th September 2010, 4:10 pm

I'm rocking a caeser cut. I got my hair cut down to about a 1/4'' inch around 2 weeks ago and I'm planning on keeping it this short for a long time, so it'll be wash-&-goes (and brushing out the beady-beads Smile) for me, which is just fine because my hair dries very quickly when it's short (so I don't have to worry about getting pneumonia, lol) and this cut is an awesome break from the toils of longer hair. Maybe I'll put a part in it or don a scarf once in a while to change my look up a bit (I don't really like hair barrettes/accessories), but I'll be mainly just rocking the short cut.

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 7th September 2010, 8:59 pm

I really want to feel more comfortable wearing my twists. I have gotten to the place where I will wear them to the store, but I DARE not wear them to work yet. I feel that my twists must be much longer before I can feel comfortable wearing them to work or church. I'm giving myself about a month to see how I feel about them then. If I can't get with the twists, I will probably wear twist-outs and maybe buns.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 7th September 2010, 10:17 pm

Curlybarbi48 have you tried mini twists? I found that my hair looks much better in mini twists than the normal twist size. Also for some reason the twists are staying twisted much better in this mini size. I put them on rod rollers in the morning for a lil bit to give them a little curl.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 8th September 2010, 10:36 am

Uggh, I can't believe it's going to start getting cold soon. My hair loves to be in twists so I'm going to continue my weekly two-strand twist, but instead of letting it just hang down I'll tuck the ends under or set them on rollers. The only thing left to figure out is finding a hat that I can sew a cute satin lining into. No afros this winter, because it is a disaster trying to detangle.

@curlybarbi48 I wear my twists to work all the time. use accessories to to jazz it up. Nothing speaks like a well placed hair pin or clip.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fall is coming..Protective styles are you working on - Page 2 Empty Fall Protective Styles

Post by Committed2thaCurl 8th September 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi I'm new to the site, and loving every minute of it! woot! Thought I'de jump in on this topic. I'll be wearing a combo of wigs/2 strand twists, or rod sets I like variety! But mostly wigs to protect my cornrowed hair underneath! Wink
Committed2thaCurl
Committed2thaCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed2thaCurl 8th September 2010, 1:21 pm

I know this is off the topic, but can anyone tell me how to post a pic?
Committed2thaCurl
Committed2thaCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 8th September 2010, 5:11 pm

4evatwisted wrote:I know this is off the topic, but can anyone tell me how to post a pic?

Welcome 4evatwisted. Here's the link that explains how to post pics:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/how-to-post-a-picture-t310.htm

curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 8th September 2010, 5:13 pm

Alanija wrote:Curlybarbi48 have you tried mini twists? I found that my hair looks much better in mini twists than the normal twist size. Also for some reason the twists are staying twisted much better in this mini size. I put them on rod rollers in the morning for a lil bit to give them a little curl.

Alanija,

I actually started doing mini twist last Sunday night, but when I looked at them in the mirror, I didn't like them. I had only done about 5 or 6, but they seemed too messy. Then, the next day, I saw a lady with mini twists, and her hair was shorter than mine. They looked really nice on her! I probably should have done more before I judged them. I will try again when I have a long weekend. Thanks for the advice.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetface1118 10th September 2010, 7:08 pm

I will be continuing my two strand twist. Wish I could bun it up but will need some more length. Will need to resist the twist outs. @ curlybarbi48, I totally understand about wearing you twist to work. I have yet to do that myself. IF I can't resist the twist out, I will have my silk bonnet on underneath my hat when I'm outside. Wink
sweetface1118
sweetface1118

http://public.fotki.com/wildjjjs/my-hair-journey/bc-immediately-

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th September 2010, 7:21 pm

nbella wrote:I want to try rolling my hair on large rollers to stretch my hair then bun. I haven't tried it before but it seems ( In my head) that it will work. Will try it the week after next. Getting my ends trimmed next week.

That's what I want to do. The only thing that deters me is all the work...I'm lazy
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th September 2010, 9:44 pm

I will have to find a style for my hair during the colder months. Now that it's short I can't braid/twist or weave...lol! I guess half-wigs will be my best option.

@KinkyKnottyMommy - you have had awesome growth from Feb 10 to June 10. I hope my hair flourishes like that this time around.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next