CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 38 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by MissyCee 22nd November 2010, 8:50 pm

Nyla, glad they helped. Maybe after thanksgiving I can get some help??? Not a heartbreak, but, just a horrible living situation. Oh, one job the flight attendant, didn't come through. But I have a few others on the hook still. Hope one pans out.

The oldest is in denial that she is preg. Gma is here and she hasn't come to visit yet. Guess she will come to eat. We will see.

I am glad to have you ladies to chat with. As I said in the beginning, I think you all are a nice close knit group that I would love to stay in contact with.

Oh, I've been trying this henna and not liking how often I can still see grey or that funky color that it turns. I want something to hide this patch in the top of my head. Any suggestions????
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 38 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 23rd November 2010, 12:14 am

MissyCee- we are here for you!! Trust me, I have been through it all! Last year I lost my job and my man, all in the same month! got me a job, now - it's just that side of the bed is cold!!

As for henna, I mix mine with coffee and I try to do it every 2 weeks!
In fact I got a batch that I got waiting for me in the AM! It gives it a auburn color!

Last edited by NylaCoils on 23rd November 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd November 2010, 12:36 am

NylaCoils wrote:I am thankful for this post and my CURLS on it! Last year this time- my cyber sisters saw me through a heartbreak like no other! WOW what a difference a year makes!
Love yall -- all of you!! Sis B- RYL- Savvybrown, Sweet, BBD, Oshunista and Chrs!!!!! Thanks for all the words of encouragement!
Love you! Mean it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 23rd November 2010, 1:13 pm

Renny, I like to think that I'm 25. It just sounds like a good age. Then I see one of the three gray hairs that I have and realize that I'm 35.

For Thanksgiving, I'll be going to Kentucky for a meet up with the hubby's fam. This will be the first time that I won't be hitting the black Friday sales.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 1:53 pm

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing?

My family is meeting in GA this year but hubby has to work that day through Monday. I'll prepare Thanksgiving this year. I will have turkey, honey ham (if I can find a small one), cornbread dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls and chocolate chip cookies. We'll take the food over to my DH's grandparents and enjoy their company. His grandma is bedridden.

@nyla, yes, a year can make a big difference. You are doing your thing in the natural hair care arena.

@MissyCee, try indigo after henna. It will help with the red henna may turn your hair as well as tone down the color your gray may turn with henna alone. I get my indigo from butters-n-bars.com or ayurnaturalbeauty.com.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th November 2010, 1:58 am

Hey Ladies!

Nyla...what a difference a year makes! Aint that somethin? LOL
Q: What's your henna mix with coffee? You know I'm always interested in a brown mix!!!

MissyCee...this is a wonderful group of ladies right here! Come on in and be free! cheers

Chrs...can you ship some of those cookies? LOL

Ladies...please do have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2010, 1:04 pm

Here is a recent PS style I did. I wore it for two days before I took it down. The ponytail holders and/or pins were beginning to hurt. It was inspired by a style crownofHisglory did on her YT channel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th November 2010, 5:08 pm

@Chrs - Very pretty.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 24th November 2010, 7:18 pm

Ryl- I mix the henna with a cup or 2 of fresh brewed coffee!! People tell me - I love that color! They think I have highlights! That henna will sure cover some grey! lol

Chrs- that style is too Elegant for RU and to Hot for the FIYAH MAN
Here they come to serenade you!!

So, we had to go old school..I used to love this song as a little girl!! My dad played it for my mom!!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th November 2010, 9:09 pm

Hi y'all ! I just wanted to let you guys know i'm still stalking the thread. You ladies are fierce.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th November 2010, 1:18 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Ryl- I mix the henna with a cup or 2 of fresh brewed coffee!! People tell me - I love that color! They think I have highlights! That henna will sure cover some grey! lol

Chrs- that style is too Elegant for RU and to Hot for the FIYAH MAN
Here they come to serenade you!!

So, we had to go old school..I used to love this song as a little girl!! My dad played it for my mom!

I second that emotion!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th November 2010, 4:45 am

Hey ladies! Popping my head in...I know I've been MIA for a while. For some reason I haven't gotten the email notifications for this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving *HUGS*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th November 2010, 6:16 pm

Hi Ladies and welcome to all who are new here!! Hope all had a great Thanksgiving as well.

naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th November 2010, 10:38 pm

Well, I've said I would talk, so here I am. Well, I was married for like 14 years, divorced in 2002, had a hard time getting the kids, but finally got my daughter at least. My ex started calling after I had some really bad encounters with men, a few could have been good, but just something didn't seem right. Well, I started seeing the EX again and have moved back in with him, more to see the kids regularly. We got along just fine a while then, now I want my freedom again, we argue about everything and we still have a soon to be 16 year old that needs raising. I am not working, have been looking for almost and I do mean saying almost cause I refuse to work fast food. He has a very nice income. I don't do much but search jobs sites, talk to you all and cook and keep the place clean. I do have a few jobs on the hook, a civil service position that is processing my paperwork and already accepted me, but I just have to wait for them, and a few others that have called me back. But I want my own. He is very controlling in that he thinks while I'm talking to you all that I am talking to a man. I just want my space again and hope not to get myself back in this situation every again. I've already declared I won't ever get married again, so that's a nonissue. In the beginning, when I moved back in, he was pressing that, but now we are more together as a convenience, not a couple. We sleep together, but to me it's not love. I know I can do better, but I just need that job to be able to begin to make my move. I do plan to be out when my daughter grads cause I can't see myself living with him after the nest gets empty. I don't have friends, my besties live in Texas and the Hampton area, so no one to just hang with occaisionally. I haven't began to gain weight cause I take the dog on long walks regularly. I am a smoker and would love to quit, but it just never seems like the stress leaves to allow me to do that. Ok, I'm weak and that's my excuse. I feel this new natural hair life is a start of something big for me, but I just can't seem to grasp that ring. I'm not asking for guidance, I just wanted to vent. I will get mine, I know I'm a survisor. I just need that push every now and then and the job will also help a lot. Sorry to dampen anyones mood, as I said, this seems like a great forum for venting...... confused
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th November 2010, 2:03 pm

Morning Ladies...Happy After Thanksgiving & Black Friday & Cyber Monday to ya! LOL

MissyCee...my heart & prayers go out to you, girl! Make your plans, stick with em and know it can be done! cheers

Y'all...what is going on in natural hair land? Sistas are getting bent way outta shape about their hair, your hair, her hair, and what everybody thinks & feels about said hair! WTF? **shoulder shrug**

Hair News: I've just been messing with it..trying to see what it can do! LOL I currently got my Kinky Curly going on! My hair will be like this for DAYS! LOVES IT! Henna'd..got a nice reddish/brownish thing goin!

I twisted my hair after Sunday's henna. My hair looked like it was pressed! WTH? I let it dry some, then twisted...my twists were like if I twisted pressed hair. I wasn't mad--my hair was nice and soft after the henna & the DC--I was just perplexed..and I wanted my curls back. The twist out was a fail...so, hence, the Kinky Curly! ;-) I'll have the pics on Curl Street sometime today.

Anyway...I'm loving my hair. It's really a trip to see its true texture AND appreciate it for the first time in my life! WOW! I don't mind how they want to do THEIR hair, I really don't care how they want me to do mine...WHATEVER! LOL. Personally, I'm in the midst of a love affair with my hair...and everyone is free to watch...or not. afro
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th November 2010, 2:45 pm

Hi ladies! Hope all enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I did.

@MissyCee, please feel free to vent and express yourself freely. This is a judgment free zone. It sounds like you have a plan. Keep your head up and follow through with your plans.

@RYL, I have not heard or seen or read about any of the natural hair issues you wrote about--geesh, what is wrong with folks?! Hmm wonder why hair is acting the way it is, sorry to hear that. I will watch what you do with your hair--thanks for the invite!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 30th November 2010, 7:18 pm

THanks Ryl and Chrs!!! I do need some encouragement. Today was a BUSTA!!!!! But I gotta tough this one out..... Bout to take care of these feets and watch some TV...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th November 2010, 10:47 pm

MissyC I agree with the ladies, we are here for you! No judgement!

Ryl these folks hafta keep something going. I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but I havecread enough to understand! I am just happy that it's peaceful here on CN.com. Going to see your hair on CurlStreet!

*waving at everyone* turkey day was good, now it's time for Xmas!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 1st December 2010, 1:21 pm

MissyC- I have sort of been where you are! It gets better.
We are here for you and don't worry about dampening any moods! We your CURLS!

The CURLS saw me through my aunt having cancer, a break up and all these natural events!

Focus and stick with your plan!!!

Ryl- what you talking about???

Hair news....
I did my hair. You know the rage on the internet with natural hair is the kimmaytube leave in. Since, all of the KBN products have a ph of 4. I use them. I have been using the Leave in- mixed with gel and oils to do my twists. Yall, this stuff has my hair butter soft!!

Will post locs of pics of the new natural hair event in Beaufort on Saturday!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st December 2010, 5:40 pm

*looking up* can onna y'all twist Sasha for me please? Kbye
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by caracara01 1st December 2010, 7:03 pm

Hey lovely ladies!!!! Hope you all had a blessed day. Very Happy
caracara01
caracara01

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 1st December 2010, 8:20 pm

Sweet- Come on over! I am just sitting here doing nothing! I will twist it for you!
Hey CaraCara
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd December 2010, 4:39 am

Hey Y'all!

Sweet...if you were near, I'd twist you up in no time! LOL

Chrs...please enjoy the ride! ;-)

Nyla...Well, yesterday's front page comments, as well as other items I've read across the net. See, why I love y'all around here on CN? You ladies aren't even aware of the issues some fellow naturals are having with each other. It's really light/dark all over again...just 3c/4c. That's all...nothing major. I was just saying...I'm cool all the way around--do you, and Imma do me...folks would want to enjoy the hair show and pick up some tips...dang! woot!

Have a good one!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd December 2010, 12:28 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Y'all!

Sweet...if you were near, I'd twist you up in no time! LOL

Chrs...please enjoy the ride! ;-)

Nyla...Well, yesterday's front page comments, as well as other items I've read across the net. See, why I love y'all around here on CN? You ladies aren't even aware of the issues some fellow naturals are having with each other. It's really light/dark all over again...just 3c/4c. That's all...nothing major. I was just saying...I'm cool all the way around--do you, and Imma do me...folks would want to enjoy the hair show and pick up some tips...dang! woot!

Have a good one!

I am straight digging the new Avatar!!

as for the natural hair wars...I am like please! I can't because I left highschool some time ago! I was reading the post if you have color you are not natural..oh and the constant what type is your hair. I am dying to say MINE!! dayum it! But I play nice and don't respond! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd December 2010, 4:41 pm

Hey Ladies!!! Well, I just found out I can take classes as a vet with one of those GI bills at no cost and also get a living stipend while I take classes. YEAH!!!! That will help pass time. But with my luck as soon as I get enrolled a job will come through and I will have to adjust the whole class schedule. But let's hope not!!!

Oh, I twisted my hair, found some coconut oil and shea butter finally. Now to figure out how to wear this twist out. I am too old to be wearing it like it is............. Later....

My plan is in motion!!!!!!!!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next