CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 40 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 10th December 2010, 4:42 pm

My hair loves the chunky twist out!! this is day 2! I am beginning to think I may squeeze out 1 more day!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 40 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by sweetdrk1 10th December 2010, 7:11 pm

Looking good Nyla! I finally purchased and used Darcy's Botanicals! Good gracious!
Untitled by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th December 2010, 7:14 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Hey ladies- did I tell yall that I was able to get some 1000.00 pearls for 100! I am trying to find the link! It was something that the today show did!! They had all different colors- pink- white- black! Sweet- you are the reason that I go them!

Ryl- would love to see you in Vegas!

Wow!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th December 2010, 9:24 pm

Sweet- I went to Darcy's site to get the the DC ! It was sold out! I liked Darcy's madagascar- ALOT! The only thing about her stuff is NYLA hates glycerin!!
Sweet- do i need to call the FIYAH MAN~~ You hair is HAWT~!~~!
The link to the pearls expired.. but let me show it to you,

I ordered the white ones!
http://kellysluckyyou.com/2010/12/today-show-bargains-steaks-watches-pearls/

Last edited by NylaCoils on 10th December 2010, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th December 2010, 10:22 pm

Very Pretty Nyla! I love pearls..they just say something to me! I want a long strand that I can tie
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 11th December 2010, 2:25 pm

Hey my curlie sistahs yall looking good!! I'm tryin to keep up and check in every couple of days! I tried a braid out and didn't like it I didn't get enough hold ,its still blown out so I might try again using a heavier product I'm feeling lazy though.

Nyla my mom is doing good just has to get 3 rounds of radiation. How is your aunt doing?

Sweet I love the profile picture!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 11th December 2010, 2:30 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Y'all!

NaturalHonney...Zuri...DAMN! That's what I said when I saw it...just keepin it real! LOL Beautiful!

Nyla...those are some nice pics! Y'all get it from ya mamas! Very Happy

March 5...I'mma do my bestest to get to Vegas...I can drive there! ;-)

LOL @RYL1 thanks!! I'm ready for Zuri to kink back up I don't know how to style her now! SMH
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 11th December 2010, 9:18 pm

So, I think, Ok, I'm lying...I did buy some Yes to Carrots shampoo and conditioner in the trial size and the Giovanni body lotion in trial size also, but, I didn't go crazy. I was gonna say I've cured my pjism. I did want to pass on that Target' has Giovanni hair products on sale for 5.99. Not sure how long. Saw it today for all who use them. I am sticking with what I have until I run out or get close and I plan to try something from butters n bars in january after the holidays and my money aint being spent on gifts.

My home situation was pretty stressful the last few days. But he always acts stupid around holidays like he didn't have good ones when growing up. Seriously!!! I remember many Valentines with me and the kids or Christmas' after the gifts that he would retreat to his room and ruin the day for everyone with a horrible attitude. That's why we divorced, among other things. He was raised on a farm where it was work work work and I was raised in a very warm and trusting home. So our raising kids skills differ quite a bit.

I know, I just ramble, but so much to think about........
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th December 2010, 11:28 pm

MissyC,

*hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th December 2010, 1:56 am

Sweet- I want the long ones too and $1000 pearls for $100 was just to good to let go!! You were my inspiration!!
Honey- Thanks---my aunt is doing well! Cant wait to see her! I may come for a few days in the fall 0f 2012. Right before yall get the cold weather!
MissyC- keep venting girl! Your curlfriends are here for ya!! (((HUGS))) also are you walking again? Walk and keep walking when those stressors come into your life.

Tomorrow is henna day for me.

Also...Honey you got me wanting to blow out these curls! Maybe next year!
Hair plans? Is anyone protective styling????

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th December 2010, 11:24 am

Honey I forgot to say thank you! I read Missy's post and got pissed! Missy, I agree with Nyla walk Sis!

Mini twists by Sweetdrk1, on Flickr

Sasha is twisted and I and gonna try to keep her that way for a little while. I trimmed my ends too. For me it is easy to trim it's twisted. I just wish my twist were juicy, but o well. I have some serious hang time though!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 12th December 2010, 6:43 pm

Thanks ladies. Sweet your hair looks fabulous as always and sorry for pissing you off. Nyla, thanks I plan to start walking in the morning, long as the weather holds. Not sure about hitting the pavement in the icy weather. Might fall on my behind!!!

I am really a happy person, but things just get to me. You all are a great sounding board.

And I really love the holidays! Lights, decorations, food, parties, tv shows and movies!!! I'm a big kid at heart......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 12th December 2010, 7:49 pm

MissyC- I just want you to take care of yourself! You know! I was in a baddddddddddddddd- did i say badddddddddddddddddd? Marriage!!!
That boy worked every nerve I had!
I would get so skinny- i looked like I was on DRUGS- then I would get so fat! I looked like the pillsbury dough boy! One thing that I have learned is LET GO! I was holding on and it was not worth my sanity!!!

Now, he is actually a good friend! However, I would not take him back for all the TEA IN CHINA!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th December 2010, 9:39 pm

Missy no apology needed. I just get upset when I read stuff like this. I am praying for peace for you my friend
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 13th December 2010, 11:34 am

Thank you both again!!! You know, and I don't know if the makes sense, but, since I've decided to wear my natural, which I had been saying for years, I feel a lot less pressured and it's empowering. I feel like I amliving my life and you can come along for the ride if you lilke, if not, see ya!!! I am noticing it all around, with my kids, my relatives, friends, etc... I've always said I could write a book, and I think I should put all the past in writing and get it together and sell it so others can see they aren't alone.

My theme song days is "I'm Doing Me", Fantasia!!!! I love and live by music!!!!

Oh, for hair, I did a wash and condish with my Yes to Carrot samples, sprayed with me oil mix and tried a coil but ended up with a lot of two strand twists. Arthur and a slight cold, wouldn't let me try to coil the whole head, so I did the next best thing. I don't have plans so it may stay this way for a few days. PROTECTIVE RIGHT????? I'll rub some coconut oil or shea butter on to keep it moist.... I'm learning so much from this site!! Hair, life and patience!!! Peace to you all.!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th December 2010, 1:38 pm

sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40