CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

+72
C.
MissyCee
DivaDreamgirl
PaganWifey
Ladybug83
BajanPrincess82
curlyscot
Ms.Mai
EmbracingNaturalMe
Neems
Happy2B
stephgil
cococurly
cyclingchick
gigihaitiancurly
thetiffany
curlsunfurled
fanmnatirel
wyldhoney
Buttercup76
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
Mom2KurlyT
MahoganyCurls
MomnWife
xtremelyperfect
tiffyd
labon10
mslys09
*CurlyNikki*
jlowman1
curly-me-naturally
LaToya28
priceless
Serenity23
NaturalNixon
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Heart2Worship
NhappyJackie
TMS
CocoEuro
ktoliver5303
Muz
BlondeByDesire
swoodward
MsJay1121
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
missmoriah
KinkyNappyHappy
exhale1913
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
MellowOne
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
LadyMika
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
QuietButterfly
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jcanalena79
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
76 posters

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Empty Re: CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

Post by krazy coils 23rd June 2010, 7:40 pm

Hey Girl,

That TnC looks good for day 6 and I love the picked out fro. You can send me the purple dress with the belt (lol)!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Empty Re: CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 10:32 am

BAA, you go lady! Love your fashion sense CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Icon_biggrin !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th June 2010, 10:45 am

Love, love, love your hair!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 25th June 2010, 11:58 am

Your hair is very lovely. It's so awesomely thick! Your styles are the bomb! Yes, uh huh, I said the bomb! Very creative...I love it. Keep up the good work gurl!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th June 2010, 12:50 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm loving that puff with the twisted bangs!!! CUTE!!! I can spell but I guess I was still sleep when I typed where instead of wear!!! LOL

Anyway....You have a lot of hair girl...I don't know what you and bholmes are doing but I've never seen anything but grass grow that fast...LOL Amazing and beautiful!!
Thanks KNH! It's funny, because sometimes it seems my hair is not growing, but when I pick it out it's all there! I'm excited to see the progress!

bholmes87 wrote:You are always and forever just as fabulous as can be!!!! I loooooved twist n curls when I was transitioning but now you have inspired me to try it again! You had awesome results hun Very Happy
Thanks B! You are too! I'm taking a few notes from your thread on some styles to try! I totally amazed by you and Chlo! Keep it up, lady!!

NubieNatty wrote:i see u girl...cute! CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Icon_wink
Thanks, Nubie!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th June 2010, 12:55 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Girl,

That TnC looks good for day 6 and I love the picked out fro. You can send me the purple dress with the belt (lol)!
Thanks KC! I was checking it for National Afro Day! One of my fave summer dresses I've had for about 5 years! That belt was a scarf I wrapped around to look like a belt. Wink

ChrsLvsBks wrote:BAA, you go lady! Love your fashion sense CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Icon_biggrin !
Thanks Chrs! Trying to hold it down for the season!

MahoganyCurls wrote:Love, love, love your hair!
Thanks MC! So glad you stopped by! I love your avi and your hair is fabulous!

Mom2KurlyT wrote:Your hair is very lovely. It's so awesomely thick! Your styles are the bomb! Yes, uh huh, I said the bomb! Very creative...I love it. Keep up the good work gurl!

Thanks M2KT! I still say "the bomb", too! LOL!! That's so funny!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th June 2010, 1:06 pm

Happy Friday Peeps!

Well, I decided not to wash my hair yesterday. On Wednesday night, I just twisted my hair in large twists for a twistout yesterday, which came out very nice. No pics Sad. Anywho, I may wash tomorrow afternoon or Sunday, instead.

In the meantime, I just wanted to share how good God is this morning! He's been opening so many doors for me in just the last couple of days! I just ask that you keep me in your prayers as God continues to move in a certain area of my life. I'm standing and firmly believing that change is coming for the better. Thanks, curlies! Make it a great day! CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Icon_biggrin
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 25th June 2010, 1:13 pm

I'm loving the pics!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th June 2010, 12:31 am

Hello hair twin Very Happy

I love all your styles. Just gorgeous!! I love the detangled fro. I have done that before and it looks the same, just a BAA of deliciousness.... Laughing Never thought about adding a flower though. I will have to try that.
I love the bangs and pony puff also. I remember Bholmes doing something similar. I likey, must try Laughing

Ok so what is this mixture from Kimmaytube. I have so much going on right now so just tell me please. What is the mix and I love Giovanni leave in direct so tell me, tell me.............................. Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th June 2010, 12:42 am

Loved that BAA!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th June 2010, 1:21 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I'm loving the pics!!!
Thanks so much!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hello hair twin Very Happy

I love all your styles. Just gorgeous!! I love the detangled fro. I have done that before and it looks the same, just a BAA of deliciousness.... Laughing Never thought about adding a flower though. I will have to try that.
I love the bangs and pony puff also. I remember Bholmes doing something similar. I likey, must try Laughing

Ok so what is this mixture from Kimmaytube. I have so much going on right now so just tell me please. What is the mix and I love Giovanni leave in direct so tell me, tell me.............................. Laughing
Hey twin! Thank you, chica! I'm just trying all kinds of new styles here lately! The leave-in is awesome! She used KC Knot Today (1 oz. or 2 Tbsp), 2 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Juice, 1 tsp Castor Oil and 1 tsp Jojoba Oil. I subbed the Knot Today for Giovanni Direct Leave-in or Desert Essence Organics Coconut Condish. Mix it up and store it in a plastic container until ready to use. I store mine in the fridge since aloe vera needs to be refrigerated. I like it! Give it a try!

I'm keeping you in my prayers, sweetie!

Lynnieluve wrote:Loved that BAA!!!!
Thanks Miss Lynnie!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th June 2010, 2:09 am

I LOVVVVVVEEEE the puff with bangs! I'll definitely try that when my hair gets longer!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th June 2010, 5:57 am

Thank you for that mix. It resembles my curly pudding.
3 tbs of condish, 3 tbs of oil, and 6 tbs of aloe vera juice. I love it and use it for every style. I have been experimenting lately with the Giovanni leave in with oils/butters.
But when I used my curly pudding is tried and true for me with no added gel or butters necessary.
Since I have discovered Giovanni leave in for myself, I haven't done the curly pudding in a while. So I will have to try Kimmay's mix. Thanks again Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 6:07 am

Hey CG...

Sending up prayers for you!!! Just so you know...I want big hair like yours one day!!! Very Happy

Wishing you a blessed week!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 28th June 2010, 9:30 am

Your hair is FAB as usual! I may try your puff with twist bangs, it's really cute!!! And I haven't figured out how to do the fro thing yet, I have to wet my hair to even finger comb it without pulling hairs, and if I wet it it curls, which makes it shrink back up ~Lol~ I'll probably have to band it to get a fro. . . Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th June 2010, 9:39 am

Wow, I love your hair ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th June 2010, 12:03 pm

Your hair is always on point. It is the perfect accessory to compliment your natural beauty. Go head and work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 28th June 2010, 12:49 pm

I'm a little late, but I'm loving the puff with the bangs.....I love a good puff, so I'll definitely be trying that style out, and your fro is looking good too. You always wear the cutest outfits too!!!

I tried Kimmaytube's leave in conditoner mix for the first time last night, and so far so good. Glad to know it works just as well with the Giovanni, cause I don't have much KCKT left.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th June 2010, 3:41 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I LOVVVVVVEEEE the puff with bangs! I'll definitely try that when my hair gets longer!

Thank JnB!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CG...

Sending up prayers for you!!! Just so you know...I want big hair like yours one day!!! Very Happy

Wishing you a blessed week!!

KNH
Thanks KNH! Your hair is well on its way! Penny is looking more fab everday!

Muz wrote: Your hair is FAB as usual! I may try your puff with twist bangs, it's really cute!!! And I haven't figured out how to do the fro thing yet, I have to wet my hair to even finger comb it without pulling hairs, and if I wet it it curls, which makes it shrink back up ~Lol~ I'll probably have to band it to get a fro. . . Smile
Thanks Muz! Definitely give it a try! It's cute and casual! I really want to blow my fro out, but I'm just not patient enough to that yet! I also have to wet my hair to finger comb it. I just pick the roots out to make it look fuller. Can't wait to rock it for the 4th!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, I love your hair ...
Thanks BBD! Thanks for stopping by!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Your hair is always on point. It is the perfect accessory to compliment your natural beauty. Go head and work it!
Awww, Sweet! Thank you!

QuietButterfly wrote:I'm a little late, but I'm loving the puff with the bangs.....I love a good puff, so I'll definitely be trying that style out, and your fro is looking good too. You always wear the cutest outfits too!!!

I tried Kimmaytube's leave in conditoner mix for the first time last night, and so far so good. Glad to know it works just as well with the Giovanni, cause I don't have much KCKT left.

Thanks QB! I really like that leave-in. I actually changed my conditioner to my Desert Essence Organics Coconut in my leave in mix. I love the yummy smell and my hair still felt great! Give it a try!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th June 2010, 4:33 pm

Hey girlfriend. Stopped by to visit and saw the puff with bangs. Girl, that was the hotness! Loved it! Your hair is always so cute. I struggle trying new styles but one of these days I'm going to actually try one of these you put out here. And thanks for sharing that leave in recipe from Kimmay. I'm going to try it tonight!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th June 2010, 6:40 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey girlfriend. Stopped by to visit and saw the puff with bangs. Girl, that was the hotness! Loved it! Your hair is always so cute. I struggle trying new styles but one of these days I'm going to actually try one of these you put out here. And thanks for sharing that leave in recipe from Kimmay. I'm going to try it tonight!

Hey PS! Thanks! I'm glad you're diggin' the styles! It gets fun to play in your hair when you try new things! You have beautiful curls and you can do some great styles! You'll love that leave-in recipe. Let me know what you think when you try it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th June 2010, 11:37 pm

Your hair is stunning!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th June 2010, 12:15 am

Hey Ladies!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! It's hard to believe it's about to be July in a couple of days! I'm really looking forward to Sunday for National Afro Day! I'm getting to bust my fro wide open!

No major hair updates for me; but some minor new developments. I've decided that my hair really doesn't need to be washed every week. I can actually stretch my hair up two weeks without washing. I started with a twist and curl, rocked a puff w/bangs, did a stretched half-fro, a two strand twistout, then back to a puff. I did about 5 styles in two weeks before I washed it on Sunday.

This is my hair on Friday: 2nd day two strand twistout
CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Dscn2415

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Dscn2416

I pre-poo'd my hair with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, EVOO and honey. I saturated 4 sections of my hair with the mix and let it sit with a baggy for about an hour or so.

SN: I went out and bought the Tresemme' Naturals Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner. I bought the shampoo without reading the label (silly me). I assumed since the conditioner was sulfate/cone free the shampoo was, too. WRONG! CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Kopfschuettel On the bottle it read "LOWER SULFATES" CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Suspect , so I read the label and instead of the common ingredient, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, it had Ammonium Laureth Sulfate. Meanwhile, most commercial shampoos contain either of these ingredients, anyway. I did a little research on the terms and came to the conclusion that one ingredient is no better than the other. There is no such thing as a "lower sulfate"; it's just a marketing ploy. Despite what I knew about the shampoo, I decided to try it on one section of my hair. It smelled really nice, but when I applied to my hair and worked it in, it felt a little rough. Not very slippery, but VERY foamy. I buffered with the Tresemme conditioner, detangled and twisted my hair, and started on the new section. I just did not feel good about using this shampoo knowing the whole "lower sulfates" junk, so I decided to go back to my tried and true Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo for the remainder of my hair.

I perfected my Kimmaytube buffering technique. I was missing a few steps in her technique so I made sure I did it right this time. I wet the section and ran my hands downward to catch all my shed hairs. Then I applied my shampoo (Giovanni TTT) and generously applied to that section in a downward motion from root to tip. Massaged my scalp to break up any buildup, then immediately followed up with my Tresemme' Natural Nourishing Conditioner without rinsing out the shampoo.

MahoganyCurls gave a great review, and I have to co-sign with her! This conditioner is so thick, creamy, and it goes so smooth on. It has amazing slip and detangles very easily. I love the light aloe vera/avocado scent. I twisted each section of my hair into small chunky twists and left the conditioner on while I showered and did my morning routine. After about 30 mins, I rinsed my hair and then applied my modified Kimmaytube Leave In mix. I looooove this leave-in! It's fantastic! I do not use KK Knot Today, but instead use Desert Essence Organics Coconut Conditioner, aloe vera juice, castor oil and jojoba oil. My hair stayed super soft while I styled it! Added my coconut/shea mixture, and then my shea butter mix as my styler.

Today, I went back to my beloved braidout. I've missed my funky, big hair.

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Dscn2510

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Dscn2511

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 23 Dscn2512

Anywho, that's what I have for now, lovelies!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th June 2010, 8:27 am

Your braidout is gorgeous! I used to use Giovanni TTT shampoo when I first went natural and loved it. I am going to have to revisit this because my hair never felt rough or dry when I used it. I realize what my hair likes and dislikes but I guess I just got caught up in being a PJ. But I'm going back to the products which work for my hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th June 2010, 10:21 am

Title Change
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next