CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by FemmeFox 14th April 2010, 2:09 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Sounds like a plan! We're having our So Cal meetup this weekend too cheers I'm so excited!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet some CN peeps IRL. Ummm we still need to plan some kind of national meetup so all us BnB folk can finally meet.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th April 2010, 9:21 pm

hey femme! how long does it take you to do your coils? u just gave me a great idea to do the coils from seperating the twist. it seems like it'll be half the work cuz its already seperated in stuff. hmmmm....dont forget to take plenty of pics for yall meetup!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th April 2010, 10:01 pm

oooo a meet up!! Have a blast and take tons of pictures!! Just stopping through..wait let me go back a page..
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th April 2010, 11:58 pm

hey femme!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 15th April 2010, 12:45 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey femme! how long does it take you to do your coils? u just gave me a great idea to do the coils from seperating the twist. it seems like it'll be half the work cuz its already seperated in stuff. hmmmm....dont forget to take plenty of pics for yall meetup!

Hey Nubie! Love the new avi....and just send me those earring when you're done. In fact I'll even send you a self addressed stamped envelope so all you have to do is pop them in the mail! As for the coils, I've never really timed it but not more than an hour. Since they are already sectioned and coiled all you're basically doing is tightening the coils and remoisturizing. I usually just use shea butter but since I want them to last more than a week, I may use Ecostyler or the ORS Lock and Twist Gel again (that's what I used when I did my twists originally).

sweetdrk1 wrote:oooo a meet up!! Have a blast and take tons of pictures!! Just stopping through..wait let me go back a page..

Thanks for stopping in Sweet! I will take TONS of pictures...and actually post them, haha!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:hey femme!

Hi Shee! I need to go to your thread and see what you've been up to!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Empty Pins & Pics!

Post by FemmeFox 15th April 2010, 12:59 pm

Happy Thursday my beautiful Curlies!
I am in an above average mood today. Wanna know why? It's my last day of school!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 678474 At 8:45 pm PST I will have completed the 600 hours required to apply for an Esthetician's license in the state of California. It has been a long, at times tedious road, but I made it all the way through! Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 879602 That's me and my GF celebrating all the fun we're going to have now that I have all my afternoons, nights, and weekend free!

In hair news: Since today is a special day, I decided to do something a little more fancy with Seffy today. I cowashed with Aussie Moist, wrapped my head in a tshirt to soak up the extra moisture while I brushed my teeth etc., massaged Shea Moisture leave-in in, and emulsified some shea butter and ran it through my hair. I wanted to do some kind of pinned style but didn't have time for anything elaborate. I ended up pinning up the front, right side of my hair with two bobby pins crossed in a x. Gives Seffy a bit of polish without a lot of fuss. Will take camera phone pics and post them shortly.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Photo-13

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Photo-14

Have a wonderful day my sistas! Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 617583
Love!
Sav & Seffy

Last edited by FemmeFox on 15th April 2010, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th April 2010, 1:52 pm

Congrats on finishing school! Seffy sounds great. I will be back to see pictures.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th April 2010, 8:21 pm

congrats on finishing school...wooooo-hoo!!

so u cowashed with ur coils in? how do u keep em from unraveling to where they fall apart? u must be really gentle Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_scratch . i want to try and wash my hair in twist but im scared Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_neutral
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 9:42 pm

Congratulations!!! Alright now Seffy....I see you! I wanted to try coils again (hadnt done them since month 4) but the twist challenge starts Monday.

@ Nubie, dont be scared to wash your twist. I co washed my mini twist and they didnt unravel. They shrunk like crazy though.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th April 2010, 9:44 pm

Congrats on school!!! enjoy your quality time! Seffy is lookin mighty fine!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th April 2010, 12:31 pm

NubieNatty wrote:congrats on finishing school...wooooo-hoo!!

so u cowashed with ur coils in? how do u keep em from unraveling to where they fall apart? u must be really gentle Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_scratch . i want to try and wash my hair in twist but im scared Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_neutral

Thanks Nubie! Don't be scurred!!! I'm pretty gentle when I wash my hair. Here's what I do: I quirt the conditioner in the palm of my hand, emulsify, then rub my finger tips in the palm of the opposite hand (this makes sure that I get product exactly where I want it). I massage my scalp with my fingertips to make sure that I loosen any product build up, sweat, etc and to get the circulation going. Then I run the product that's left on my palms all over my head and let it sit while I finish up in the shower. Then I rinse my head in the stream. When I wash my hair without showering, I use a cup to rinse. I may start doing this every time I cowash with a style in because it helps cuts down on the frizz. There is shrinkage but I don't mind it that much, it can extend your style because it gives it a slightly different look. You can combat shrinkage by saturating your hair with leave-in conditioner before you dry it. I add my leave-in when Seffy is damp not soaking because product will just slide out if she's too wet. As for the unraveling, it doesn't happen to too many twists. When I come across them I just retwist them.

Lynnieluve wrote:Congratulations!!! Alright now Seffy....I see you! I wanted to try coils again (hadnt done them since month 4) but the twist challenge starts Monday.

@ Nubie, dont be scared to wash your twist. I co washed my mini twist and they didnt unravel. They shrunk like crazy though.
Thanks Lynne! I think that coils would look hot on Roxie since she's so long now. You should try it when you're done with the challenge.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Congrats on school!!! enjoy your quality time! Seffy is lookin mighty fine!!

Thanks Sweet!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th April 2010, 1:08 pm

Happy Friday Chicas!

As you all know by now, I completed school last night!! It was sad saying goodbye to all my classmates but we plan on keeping in touch. I cannot wait to take my exam and get licensed!! Look me up when you're in San Francisco and I'll give you a facial!

In hair news: Just a spritz and go day. Seffy is having style memory this morning so my right side is still slicked back but without pins. Since I'm working out in the am before the meetup, I'm probably going to do my coils tonight. Not sure if I'm going go the whole routine (Vatika oil, DC, let is sit for 30 min, rinse, blot, shea butter, coil) or just spritz with my moisture mix and coil OR am I going to rock my twists at the meetup and pin Seffy in a fun way. My classmate made some feather earrings and a matching hair pin so I'm debuting them tomorrow.

Random note: My friend just posted this pic of me from 2001 on my Facebook. I think I'm about 20/21 here. Check my twists!!! As you can see they have been a style staple of mine FOREVER!!!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 24687_10

Judging by the fuzziness, these are probably 2-3 weeks old.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Love!
Savvy & Seffy

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Moz-screenshot-2

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Photo
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 1:20 pm

Hey Femme, congrats on finishing school..major accomplishment! Your twists were looking good even back then. I like the lil inverted oreo sandwich y'all got going on there Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_lol

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th April 2010, 1:29 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey Femme, congrats on finishing school..major accomplishment! Your twists were looking good even back then. I like the lil inverted oreo sandwich y'all got going on there Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_lol

Thanks LaToya! I know reverse Oreo status, lol. I was living in LA at the time and those guys were my best friends!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th April 2010, 7:57 pm

hey femme! seen ur couple pic on bglh...beautiful.

**will ferrell voice** I LOVE U GUYS!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th April 2010, 12:05 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey femme! seen ur couple pic on bglh...beautiful.

**will ferrell voice** I LOVE U GUYS!!
Thanks Sis!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th April 2010, 12:29 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. My weekend was great! We had our Bay Area Naturals Meetup on Saturday!!! It was so great to finally meet some people that I "see" online all the time. Special shout out to Cassidy and Aimward for organizing the event. It was a joint event with CulryNikki & NaturallyCurly both reppin'! There was a product swap, a give away sponsored by 'Thank God I'm Natural', and samples from JessiCurl and Komaza Hair Care. It was awesome! All the ladies had beautiful hair and were smart and funny. PS<--- because of Cassidy, Seffy and I will be doing the Cherry Lola Treatment before we attempt wash n go's again.

I'll have all my pics uploaded to share either later today or tomorrow. I wore my hair pinned on the side again. Since I knew there was going to be free samples and a product swap I didn't want to do anything new...I wanted to see whatt I would score, lol! Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_wink I ended up with a jar of coconut oil that was 95% full! That was great because I have been trying to get my hand on some for awhile now.

Yesterday was my day to transition my hair from two strand twists to coils. I cowashed my hair with Aussie Moist, and then tried my sample of the JessiCurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment. It's super thick and creamy with an almost frosting like consistency. I loved the way it felt going on. Since Seffy was still in twists, I concentrated on the roots and the ends, then packed it on top of my head, covered with a plastic bag, wrapped my head in a t-shirt and let it sit for about 45 minutes. When I rinsed my hair out I could immediately feel the difference! Seffy was soft and silky and almost sliding out of her twists! I rinsed with ACV, used my tshirt to squeeze out any excess moisture, and added my Shea Moisture Leave-In. Then I grabbed my new jar of Coconut oil and my EcoStyler Olive Oil gel and went to work! First I melted the coconut oil in my hand and ran them all over my head. Then I would get some oil on my fingers, grab a twist and gently separate, coat the two strands with EcoStyler and twirl in opposite directions. I went over my whole head, it took about 2.5-3 hours. The result: My coils are defined but not crunchy and are laying pretty straight. Usually when I coil just using the shea butter, they tend to curl a little. However Seffy is a bit longer than when I twisted her up so that could be a factor in the way the coils are laying too. This morning I just took of my satin cap and finger fluffed a little. That was it. My hair still feel incredibly moist and my coils are nice and shiny!

I promise that I will have pics for you tomorrow. The internet has been acting weird at my house so I may have to upload the pics on my jump drive and post from work. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Love!
Sav & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th April 2010, 1:31 pm

Cool re: coconut oil and free samples. I wonder how they were able to conjure up freebies. Your twists sound divine. I look forward to checking them out. Are you doing the twist challenge?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th April 2010, 3:50 pm

giiiiiiiiiirl i cant wait to see ur coils! and pics of the meetup too!! thats definitely a good score cuz coconut oil will ALWAYS be in my stash!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th April 2010, 3:54 pm

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_bounce waiting to see pics from the meet up! I love the reverse oreo!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th April 2010, 5:35 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Cool re: coconut oil and free samples. I wonder how they were able to conjure up freebies. Your twists sound divine. I look forward to checking them out. Are you doing the twist challenge?
I am doing a personal twist challenge, not the one on site. I am planning keep my hair mainly in twists/coils until June. I am going to revisit wash n go's too. Cassidy and Aimward contacted the companies and let them know about the meetup and how we are they're target market (Free Advertising!!!)

NubieNatty wrote:giiiiiiiiiirl i cant wait to see ur coils! and pics of the meetup too!! thats definitely a good score cuz coconut oil will ALWAYS be in my stash!!

Ummm how much do I LOVE coconut oil? I kinda want to use it for everything now. And the scent is amazing. I like the smell better than the taste tho, weird.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Icon_bounce waiting to see pics from the meet up! I love the reverse oreo!
I will def post the pics tomorrow. I may have my GF take some more pics of me so you can get a better idea of the hair.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 10:01 am

lol at the coconut taste, esp since some folks cook with it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th April 2010, 12:37 pm

Good morning Ladies!

Unfortunately no pics today. Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Kopfschuettel I had a crazy allergy attack yesterday that pretty much sidelined me for the rest of the evening yesterday. Swollen eyes, scratchy throat, breathing probs. Blech! Somehow I ingested some peanut something and I was instantly down for the count. Tonite I have a mandatory after hours meeting (I have to wait around almost 2 hours for it to start..which I am NOT getting paid for) so it may be Thursday. I am going to check some of the other attendees pages to see if they've posted any pics...if so I'll snatch and post!

In hair news, just spritzed and fluffed. I'm really like the hold that I'm getting from the EcoStyler. I have experienced not crunchiness so far! Got to love that!!!

ttyl
Sav & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th April 2010, 12:41 pm

Awww sorry for the flare up!! Please be careful what you eat...that is scary!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 11 Empty Meet-up Pics!!!!

Post by FemmeFox 20th April 2010, 4:52 pm

Hey ladies!

Here's a link to Cassadie's blog where she posted about our meet-up and shared pics.

Bay Area Naturals Meetup!!

Yes that is me with the pink feather earrings. My Darling won a Thank God I'm Natural Tote and I won a shirt!!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next