CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by FemmeFox 19th May 2010, 7:52 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:FemmeFox!!!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I've been all over CS looking for you! I see your avatar all over the place, but I couldn't find your house!!! You change the name of your thread and I was soo lost!! *sigh*

Well I'm here now... Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_biggrin Gurl you were rocking that 70's look!!! The avatar is HOT!!! LOVE IT!!

I need to work on my styling techniques. When I was relaxed there wasn't a style I could recreate or master, but now... Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Kopfschuettel honey I'm having straight up issues!!! LOL

Anyway...lovely pictures, and I know your are proud of your mom. What an accomplishment!!!

*letting myself out..need a key**

KNH

KNH!! Glad you found your way over! I always leave the backdoor unlocked so feel free to let yourself in! Thanks for the compliments. I know how you feel re: styling. I've never been that good with it, just kept it wrapped when I was relaxed, used a curling iron every now and again. Every other time I've been natural or texlaxed I would just let it be wild. But I am determined to get good a flat twists and braiding by the end of the Summer.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hi Femme, every time I see your avi on a thread I say I must tell you how excellent that pic is. LOVE IT!
Thanks poeticlyspeaking!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th May 2010, 12:29 am

*coming through back door* Hey lady, love the pictures from the graduation! Mom is doing it--master's and soon to be working on doctorate, wow, inspiring.

As far as protective styles, what about finger or comb coils? You can also do single flat twists going into finger or comb coils. There are so many options. I will wait to see what you do.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 8:08 am

Hey FemmeFox

Just stopping by to say hi!! **going out the back door**

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th May 2010, 3:21 pm

Hey!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th May 2010, 7:09 pm

Happy Thursday Ladies!

Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am. I have been feeling restless all week. I can't wait for the weekend to start so I can tame Seffy and practice my styling. I am going all out: preoo, shampoo, DC, the works. I think that I may need to actually invest in a detangling comb. She's at a length where I am going to have to start combing more often (like every two weeks or so) and I may need to start sectioning off my hair to do it. That means LENGTH! I try not to dwell on length too much but my hair "comfort zone" is longer than what I am working with now. Also with length comes styling in bigger sections which means I could rock a braid out all week if I wanted!! Not yet but hopefully by the end of the summer and definitely by the end of the year.

The other reason I have been so restless is because I take my State Board Exam next Thursday. Once I pass that test I am licensed to work as an Esthetian in the state of California!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 678474 Then I will start looking for a job that lets me fulfill my passion for make-up, skin care, and helping women (especially women of color) with their self esteem and self worth. I'm so excited!!!!
ChrsLvsBks wrote:*coming through back door* Hey lady, love the pictures from the graduation! Mom is doing it--master's and soon to be working on doctorate, wow, inspiring.

As far as protective styles, what about finger or comb coils? You can also do single flat twists going into finger or comb coils. There are so many options. I will wait to see what you do.
Hey Chrs! I love my Mom!!! She has inspired me in so many ways and has always told my brother and I that we could achieve anything we wanted. She also let us know that as artists, the traditional way may not always be the way for us to go. She gave us the freedom to find out own way.

As for hair, I am definitely thinking that my flat twists will end in two strand twists. That way I don't have to worry about using clips or rubberbands at the ends.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

Just stopping by to say hi!! **going out the back door**

Have a great day!!

KNH

Hi KNH! Thanks for stopping by!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey!!

Hi Shee!! Thanks for stopping by! I need t swing by your place and we what's up!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th May 2010, 7:22 pm

Hey FemmeFox...I love the pics! Don't you love it when everybody is HAPPY in the pics?! ;-)

Congrats to your mom...she's inspired me, too!

***sliding out the back door***
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st May 2010, 2:11 pm

Happy Friday my Beauties!

I am MORE than ready for the weekend. Tomorrow after the GF and I hit the gym I am finally twisting Seffy up for the next few weeks. Here is the routine that I plan on following:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Star3 Prepoo with vatika oil (going to do while working out to get some extra heat in)
Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Star3 Poo with Giovanni 50/50
Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Star3 Cowash with Aussie Moist
Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Star3 DC and detangle with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditoner
Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Star3 Use SheaMoisture Reconstructer as leave-in

I plan on retrying my flat twist updo. I will use shea butter as my moisturizer, Ecostyler as my styler, and coconut oil to seal my ends and oil my scalp. Since the top part of my hair will be in two strand twists I am also planning to set the twists on perm rods. I picked up a small pack of the white ones at Sally's last week. Hopefully it will all go as planned. Doing my hair and going to the gym are the ONLY things that I have planned for tomorrow so I will go slow and breathe.

Wish me luck dearones!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 4:07 pm

how in the world did i miss these pics... Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_eek yall are TWIIIIIINS!! she looks so excited and i know she was beaming all day! so happy for yall.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Empty Flat Twist Updo *with Pics*

Post by FemmeFox 24th May 2010, 5:58 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!

How was your weekend? Mine was extremely laid back. As I wrote on Friday, the only thing I had on my calendar was to work on my flat twist updo. I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to go slow and not get frustrated. I actually ended up taking both Saturday and Sunday. I think that it was worth the time! Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_queen

Saturday I did all my prep work:

• prepoo'd with Vatika oil (1 hour)
  • Poo'd with Giovanni 50/50
  • Conditioned with Aussie Moist
  • DC'd with Jessicurl Weekly DC (2 hours)
  • Used my SheaMoisture leave-in
  • Added shea butter then detangled and sectioned hair
  • Chunky twisted the crown section
  • Cornrowed sides and back sections of hair
  • Oiled scalp and parts with coconut oil
I decided that I wanted to do the two strand twist on the crown on stretched hair which is why I put in chunky twists. By this time it was around 8pm and I knew that I would be doing the actual styling on Sunday. This is also why cornrowed the sections that I wanted to flat twist. I didn't want to lose my parts overnight. After all that work I put on my satin cap and called it a night.

Sunday dawned beautifully. After breakfast I got to work. Starting in the very back I unbraided each section, added more coconut oil, added Ecostyler and two strand flat twisted each section. I finished each flat twist with a chunky two strand twist. I got better the more I did so at the end I redid some sections that were not at tight as I would have liked. I repreated the process on the crown doing just regular two strand twists. When I was all twisted up I rolled the top on perm rods, slapped on my doo rag and went on with my evening.

This is what I got this morning

Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Photo011

I took that pic on the bathroom at work. I took pics of every step (after the DC on) and will be posting them to my Fotki over the next few days. I love how Seffy look and have gotten tons of compliments today! Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_biggrin

I plan on wearing my hair like this for this week and next. Not sure what I'll do after this but now that I'm feeling more confident with my styling abilities, the sky's the limit!!!

NubieNatty wrote:how in the world did i miss these pics... Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_eek yall are TWIIIIIINS!! she looks so excited and i know she was beaming all day! so happy for yall.
Thanks Nubie! I love your new avi!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th May 2010, 6:06 pm

Hey FeFox

I like your results. I bet this is going to make an awesome twist-out. I'm adding you as a friend to my Fotki...so please add me!!

Getting back to work!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th May 2010, 6:38 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FeFox

I like your results. I bet this is going to make an awesome twist-out. I'm adding you as a friend to my Fotki...so please add me!!

Getting back to work!!

KNH

I will definitely add you. You are making me want to get my henna on!!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th May 2010, 6:41 pm

Hey Femme! I saw your avi in another thread and I just had to come by and say you look FIERCE girlfriend!! I love it!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 8:45 pm

You did a fantabulous job on your hair! Go 'head with your bad self, it looks awesome. Love the side shot!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th May 2010, 9:32 pm

u definitely did a GREAT JOB!!! gooooo girl; im lovin it. you sure nuff pampered those tresses; a 2 hr DC and an hour in the vatika...woooow!! sounds yummy! im gonna pre-poo w/the vatika more often!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th May 2010, 12:18 am

Lynnieluve wrote:PICS!!!!!! I dont think you EVER shared this many pics at one time!!....you probably havent shared this many pics period. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_lol

Beautiful family....Your family has strong genes. You all look just alike.
Hey there and I totally agree with Lynn! My gawd you all look alike!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th May 2010, 12:33 am

hey femme, i need u to stop pass the makeup thread to let me know how u do the neutral smokey eye...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th May 2010, 1:51 am

*peeps through the blinds* Stopping by to say hi. Love the twists! I agree, this will make a great twist out. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 12:21 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey Femme! I saw your avi in another thread and I just had to come by and say you look FIERCE girlfriend!! I love it!
Thanks LaToya!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:You did a fantabulous job on your hair! Go 'head with your bad self, it looks awesome. Love the side shot!
Thanks Chrs!

NubieNatty wrote:u definitely did a GREAT JOB!!! gooooo girl; im lovin it. you sure nuff pampered those tresses; a 2 hr DC and an hour in the vatika...woooow!! sounds yummy! im gonna pre-poo w/the vatika more often!
Girl I had too! Seffy was starting to give me the side eye!!! Now I just need to get around to trimming my ends...
sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:PICS!!!!!! I dont think you EVER shared this many pics at one time!!....you probably havent shared this many pics period. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_lol

Beautiful family....Your family has strong genes. You all look just alike.
Hey there and I totally agree with Lynn! My gawd you all look alike!
Yes! You will always know a Price woman. Plus we tend to travel in packs. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_smile

NubieNatty wrote:hey femme, i need u to stop pass the makeup thread to let me know how u do the neutral smokey eye...
Will do dear!

LadyMika wrote:*peeps through the blinds* Stopping by to say hi. Love the twists! I agree, this will make a great twist out. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Icon_smile
Thanks for stopping by Mika!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 25th May 2010, 12:32 pm

Hey,

I had to stop in and say that I LOVE the avatar. BTW- I like the twisted pin up hair do!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 12:33 pm

Happy Tuesdays Curly Divas!

Thank you for all the compliments on Seffy's new style. I am loving having an updo! It's classy and funky the same time. It also has a nostalgia factor because I am setting the crown of my hair with perm rods every night, lol. Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 Herz

In other news, I am TWO days away from taking my licensing exam! I'm so SUPER EXCITED! Natural in Wonderland - Page 17 678474 That means this weekend the GF and I will be doing some celebrating! It's Carnival in San Francisco this weekend and we're going to the parade and the street fair on Sunday. Fun!!! My cousin is performing with her Haitian dance company. I haven't seen her perform in like EVER so I am looking forward to that. Also I'm trying to organize some kind of brunch with my friends to let them know that I have free time again.

I know that's only Tuesday but bring on the weekend!!!

Have a great day ladies! I'm off to jog the 'hood and see what y'all have been up to.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th May 2010, 1:21 pm

Hey FemmeFox

Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned. I come to work to rest...so the weekend can hold off for about 3 days...LOL

Good luck on your exams...I know you will do well!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 5:22 pm

Thanks KNH!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th May 2010, 9:39 pm

good luck on the exam...im gonna claim it now cuz u have good things to come in ur future!!

i need to make gettin out more a priority myself. thats good to surround urself with a nice brunch n laughs with people u love!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th May 2010, 12:52 pm

Pinkrage wrote:Hey,

I had to stop in and say that I LOVE the avatar. BTW- I like the twisted pin up hair do!
Thanks Pinkrage! I saw that you added me to your Fotki list, I will definitely return the favor.
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned. I come to work to rest...so the weekend can hold off for about 3 days...LOL

Good luck on your exams...I know you will do well!!

Work is the place that I get to hang out with all of you so I enjoy coming for that reason. However once I get licensed I will be looking for a new place of employ!

NubieNatty wrote:good luck on the exam...im gonna claim it now cuz u have good things to come in ur future!!

i need to make gettin out more a priority myself. thats good to surround urself with a nice brunch n laughs with people u love!!
Thanks Sis! Yeah, you gotta get out n about and enjoy your friends and family. That's another important part of making time for yourself.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th May 2010, 12:58 pm

Good luck femme. I like that updo. I want to try that!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next