CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 5:03 pm

yall had some nice pics and all of you guys look GREAT!! gimme that shirt!! that was really cool. I seen u guarding that tub of coconut oil too, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th April 2010, 5:13 pm

Why was I on it as soon as I found out what it was. We did the swap at the end and I didn't even see if anyone else wanted it....was that wrong? ps<--- you can get the shirt when I get those earrings!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 5:50 pm

dmn u got me on that one!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th April 2010, 5:55 pm

I like those earrings!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st April 2010, 10:48 am

Loved the pictures, thanks for sharing. You and GF looked awesome! Yay for winning the shirts. Great group photo! I am going to reach out to MD based firms for future meet up. I will show the pictures of all the natural heads, tell them about CN and hope for the best.

Hope today finds you better. Allergy symptoms are no joke.

Hubby and I made it on bglh Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_biggrin !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st April 2010, 11:12 am

is it me...or the last few days bglh said "acct suspended"??? its up now but im curious!!

yes chrs, i was gonna say we should get some sponsors for our next meetup too, i have yt chisselle coutoure in mind myself to make an appearance!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 11:17 am

The pics are beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st April 2010, 11:19 am

NubieNatty wrote:is it me...or the last few days bglh said "acct suspended"??? its up now but im curious!!

yes chrs, i was gonna say we should get some sponsors for our next meetup too, i have yt chisselle coutoure in mind myself to make an appearance!
Nope, it was not just you. I tried it on my home computer and my iPod Touch the last day or two just to make sure it was not just my work computer.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 21st April 2010, 11:26 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:is it me...or the last few days bglh said "acct suspended"??? its up now but im curious!!

Nope, it was not just you. I tried it on my home computer and my iPod Touch the last day or two just to make sure it was not just my work computer.

Leila posted on FB that the site was having issues. It should be back up now.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st April 2010, 12:46 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I like those earrings!!

Thanks CCC! One of my classmates made them for me. She made me a macthing hair pin too but I though that it would be a bit much all together.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Loved the pictures, thanks for sharing. You and GF looked awesome! Yay for winning the shirts. Great group photo! I am going to reach out to MD based firms for future meet up. I will show the pictures of all the natural heads, tell them about CN and hope for the best.

Hope today finds you better. Allergy symptoms are no joke.

Hubby and I made it on bglh Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_biggrin !

Thanks Chrs. As soon as I took some benadryl I started to feel better.Not sure how I got peanuts into me but now I'm carrying benadryl on me just in case. Congrats on getting on BGLH! I saw you guys, so sweet!!!

tiashauntee wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:

Leila posted on FB that the site was having issues. It should be back up now.
It was up yesterday when I checked so all should be well now. You and your hubby are sweet to Tia!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st April 2010, 12:53 pm

Happy Hump Day Ladies!

How is your day going so far? Mine is going well despite a sour milk incident with my cereal. No honey-nut cheerios for me today! Don't people check to see when the milk in the office fridge had gone bad?Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Suspect

In hair news the coils are still right and tight. I unraveled one pat way and my hair looked so smooth and shiny!!! I think that the coconut oil/eco styler combo is a definite keeper!! Today I tran some more coconut butter through my hair, spritzed and fluffed. Took some cell phone pics yesterday that I will post.

Hope you Curlies have a great day! I'm going to get that milk out the fridge!!

Last edited by FemmeFox on 21st April 2010, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey honey, just checking in to say hi!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st April 2010, 6:04 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey honey, just checking in to say hi!
Thanks for dropping by Sweet!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st April 2010, 7:06 pm

Hey FemmeFox

Sorry I've been MIA on your thread. First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 678474 on finishing school. I see your hair is really growing!!! The pictures from the meet-up were nice, and I agree with Nubie...I wanna shirt! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to order one, or wait until Mrs. Donaldson comes to H-Town in July!!

Just stoppin by and checking in!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd April 2010, 2:23 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

Sorry I've been MIA on your thread. First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 678474 on finishing school. I see your hair is really growing!!! The pictures from the meet-up were nice, and I agree with Nubie...I wanna shirt! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to order one, or wait until Mrs. Donaldson comes to H-Town in July!!

KNH

Hi KNH! I see that you have taken your braids down. Your hair look great! Are you going to join one of the twist challenges?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd April 2010, 2:29 pm

Happy Thursday Ladies!

Ho is everyone doing on their respective challenges? My personal twist challenge is going well. People (here and offline) are commenting on how Seffy is growing! I love it! Slowly but surely I am going to reach my goal of shoulder length unstretched hair. Actually I have never had my natural hair that long, I'm not sure if she will even grow down...it may just be up and out! That would be awesome too!

Today I didn't even spritz, I just fluffed. Starting to notice a little fuziness and the twists are starting to swell up a bit more. That's all good because now Seffy looks like she has a bit more life to her!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 12:27 pm

Happy Friday Beauties!

I hope that everyone's day is going well so far. How happy am I that it's Friday? I have made it to work everyday this week, stayed late for an after hours meeting, and started back on my workouts! I am ready for a nap! Lol! It has been a slightly exhausting week and I'm loking forward to a little r & r this weekend.

In hair news: My GF complimented Seffy last night, saying that she was looking good! Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_biggrin This is week 3 of my personal twist challenge and I am definitely seeing growth! The ecostyler has def helped my coils from becoming frizzy. Sunday I'll cowash and refresh the coils. Since I still have more Jessicurl samples, I'll use some and let you guys know the results.

In other news I am so excited to be working out again! I know that going to school and working full time, combined with lack of sleep, helped me pack on a few extra unwanted pounds. I have started (as of this past Wednesday) working out after work every day. So far I'v just done cardio (interval training on the treadmill) but I am going to add my strength training next week. I am actually part of the Self Challenge and I'm following their cardio and strength routines as well as using my fluidity bar, and doing spot training. It's only a few days in but I am already feeling better! Seffy is holding up pretty well with all the extra sweat too. I'm not tying her down, just letting her be free. I'll probably be doing more cowashing...we'll see how my styles adapt to the new workout.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Love!
Sav & Seffy Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_pirat
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 12:50 pm

Don't you just love getting compliments, it lets you know what you are doing is working. Keep loving on Seffy, and she will grow to your desired length.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_cheers for working out and feeling better!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 1:22 pm

FemmeFox wrote:

KNH

Hi KNH! I see that you have taken your braids down. Your hair look great! Are you going to join one of the twist challenges?

Thanks....the braids are gone, Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 617583 and no...I'm not going to join one of the twist challenges, becasue I'm twisted challenged. Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_sad I just haven't be able to master the twist technique. I'm sure it will come with time, but the time is not now!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 1:29 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
FemmeFox wrote:

KNH

Thanks....the braids are gone, Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 617583 and no...I'm not going to join one of the twist challenges, becasue I'm twisted challenged. Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_sad I just haven't be able to master the twist technique. I'm sure it will come with time, but the time is not now!!! LOL
Just keep at love! You'll get it. I need to work on my flat twists and braiding skills.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 1:31 pm

WOW....I feel motavated after reading your workout regiment.

Do you have pictures of your coils? Maybe I should try that instead of twists. hummmm...

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 1:31 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Don't you just love getting compliments, it lets you know what you are doing is working. Keep loving on Seffy, and she will grow to your desired length.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_cheers for working out and feeling better!

I do love compliments! Thanks for the love Chrs!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 1:36 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW....I feel motavated after reading your workout regiment.

Do you have pictures of your coils? Maybe I should try that instead of twists. hummmm...

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH

I do have some pics on my phone that I have been to lazy to post *hiding from Sweet*. I will post them for you my dear. I usually do coils after I've done two strand twists but you don't have to. The reason I do this is that the hair is already separated and partially coiled so I don't have as much work to do. When I coil I just grab and twirl.I've tried comb coils but the comb just slid through my hair, I don't think I did it right. Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_tongue
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 7:26 pm

FemmeFox wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW....I feel motavated after reading your workout regiment.

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH

I do have some pics on my phone that I have been to lazy to post *hiding from Sweet*. I will post them for you my dear. I usually do coils after I've done two strand twists but you don't have to. The reason I do this is that the hair is already separated and partially coiled so I don't have as much work to do. When I coil I just grab and twirl.I've tried comb coils but the comb just slid through my hair, I don't think I did it right. Natural in Wonderland - Page 12 Icon_tongue

I can't wait to see the pictures. I seen tutorials on coils, but I don't like the scalpy look! Should I try the coils on wet or dry hair?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 23rd April 2010, 7:43 pm

I haven't stopped by your thread in awhile and I'm still trying to get caught up!! But the pics from the meet-up are beautiful!! Everyone really looked awesome Smile
Your earrings were so cute too! And the "Thank God I'm natural shirt" is priceless and sooooo true afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next