CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteé
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by Lynnieluve 10th March 2010, 8:08 pm

NubieNatty wrote:the eco styler wont be a bad deal actually, esp for $3. i just used some over top of my kbb butter for a better hold on my twist in the back.

qhemets gel is awesome but try it out in the sample size first. i actually think i need to put it in the fridge cuz i dnt really use gel often and when i let it sit for too long it gets watery. i mix it with the olive n honey balm (which i use more than the gel) so it makes up for it. the results...shine, moisture and hold. no crunchiness or flakes

the eco was no flakes either but i had crunchiness cuz i went overboard, once i put an oil or butter over top it was good.

my other staple gel besides qhemets is pam's koils by nature; lavendar n eucalyptus gel; heavenly!

maybe ill get back into the bnb club so i can post my results on the different gels, lol.

Please do Nubie!!! You are holding on to all of that good info. Share PLEASE!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 11th March 2010, 4:49 pm

Happy Thursday Beauties!

Today was just a spritz and fluff day. Using the satin bonnet uner my cap is working wonders for retaining moisture so I am going to but another one that will be worn exclusively under my headgear.

Today I didn't have to be at work until 10 am. OMG that extra sleep was so heavenly! I originally thought that I would try to squeeze in a workout on Thursday and Fridays since I come into the office later but I think that I am not going to push it and just savor the extra shut eye that I so desperately need.

ps<--- I am on the hunt for gels so your reccommedations are desired! Here is the sweet and lowdown:

* no crunchiness
* medium hold
*curl definition
*no flakiness
*must play well with shea butter and oils
*no/low alcohol

I will mainly be using it for wash n go's possibly for twists, coils, etc.
I have 4b hair if that makes a difference.

@Nubie you are my go to chica for products right now since our hair is in the same place (or pretty close). Maybe I will pick up that ecostyler when I get my other bonnet.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th March 2010, 5:02 pm

lol! sweet and low-down! That made me giggle Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Icon_razz
I love having those spritz and fluff days!!!!! I don't really have any recommendations on gels cuz I don't use it often, if ever. The one I have is eco styler though
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 11th March 2010, 5:07 pm

bholmes87 wrote:lol! sweet and low-down! That made me giggle Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Icon_razz
I love having those spritz and fluff days!!!!! I don't really have any recommendations on gels cuz I don't use it often, if ever. The one I have is eco styler though

Bholmes your hair is too cute in your avatar! I'm like you, I don't use gel that often. The last time I really remember using it was in 10th grade (ummm hello 1995!). I had this gel with purple glitter in it and I used it for two strand twists for the first day of school. I was finding glitter in my text books and around my room for the next two yrs lol!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 5:31 pm

Have you tried curlynikki's setting lotion. IMO, it has everything you are looking for in a gel
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th March 2010, 2:45 pm

You can also use an EcoStyler Custard found herehttp://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/sheetacular_napps-t468-150.htm

I love it it has hold but it softens as it gets older. I've used it on twists and braid outs. I plan to try on wash n gos too.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th March 2010, 3:28 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:You can also use an EcoStyler Custard found herehttp://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/sheetacular_napps-t468-150.htm

I love it it has hold but it softens as it gets older. I've used it on twists and braid outs. I plan to try on wash n gos too.

Thanks Shee! I will definitely give this a try.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th March 2010, 3:33 pm

Happy Friday Ladies!

Today was another spritz and fluff day. My hair is holding up great with the satin bonnet. Sunday I plan on doing my hair:

*co wash
* acv rinse
* dc
* moisturize & seal
* two strand twist

I'm looking for a way to jazz up my twist so I may buy some small perm rods when I go to Sally this weekend to get my extra bonnet and eco styler.

I am also going to get some sample sizes of different gels to see what I like the best. Anything that doesn't make the grade will be swapped at the Bay Area Meet-up in April.

Have a great weekend curlies!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th March 2010, 10:35 pm

awww femme **sniff** that is so sweet.

i was in the store lookin at some small perm rod sets but i backed off cuz im so intimidated by those things. i just dont think i have the patience and was scared i dnt have enuff hair for it. maybe i'll try it next month...maybe!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 15th March 2010, 1:40 pm

How was your weekend everyone?

Mine was good even though I didn't get to spend time on my hair like I planned. Saturday the GF and I ventured into San Francisco to go clubbing with some friends. It ended up being a sleepover (complete with a 5 am viewing/sing-along of 'Rent') so most of Sunday was spent recovering...

BUT
I did do a new cute style with Seffy that will no be worked into my rotation. Saturday morning I cowashed Seffy. Tshirt dried, applied leave-in condish (the BioInfusion that I am almost done with finally!), and sealed with shea butter. I decided to actually comb her since I haven't since January (or something like that). I used an afro pick and just went quickly over my whole head trying as much as possible not to disturb my coils. I parted my hair on the right side to oil my scalp and loved the way that it looked so much that I rocked it all weekend and today. I actually got a compliment from one of my coworkers.

I know that this post would be more thrilling with a picture. I did take one but of course I don't have it at work. My new work around not having my pics with me since I do majority of my posts at work is to load them onto my jump drive and then upload them from here. I will be dong that in the future. Look for a pic in the next few days.

Happy Monday All!

ps<---- no shopping got done. I may hit up Sally on my lunch break tho...
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 15th March 2010, 2:18 pm

Forgot to tell you what I did with my hair today. Since Seffy was totally flattened from yesterday's marathon nap (I napped all afternoon, even the cat was jealous) I decided to perk her up with water while in the shower. I massaged water into her while in shower, tshirt dried, and then moisturized with a combination of shea butter and leave-in. Nothing fancy just mixed in my palm and massaged over my head paying attention to the edges. Then I fluffed Seffy into the correct shape and covered with my bonnet.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th March 2010, 1:06 pm

Buenos martes amigas!

Today was a spritz in fluff morninng. Still rockin the side part which is getting many favorable compliments. Quickly made some more moisture spritz this morning (BioInfusions Olive Oil Leave-in, water, Palmer's Olive Oil). Thinking of making whip/pomade with my shea butter and some leave-in....
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2010, 1:36 pm

Buenos dias!

Glad Seffy is doing good. You are treating her right. I hope you share your whip/pomade recipe with us. Have you made one/some before?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th March 2010, 2:21 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Buenos dias!

Glad Seffy is doing good. You are treating her right. I hope you share your whip/pomade recipe with us. Have you made one/some before?

Thanks Chrs. I haven't made anything more complicated than my moisture spritz. However I LOVED the results I got yesterday mixing leave-in and shea butter together. Hopefully the results will be consistent if I mix them together. Plus I really want to use up the last of my BioInfusions so I can buy some new shampoo and leave in!! Lol (I think pj'ism is inspiring my inner mixtress). I don't know when exactly I'll have the time to do all this but hopefully soon!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th March 2010, 5:45 pm

hey femme! waitin on those pics, i wanna see how u rocked ur part. my side parts dont act right since its grown out and i always end up lookin like "what u talkn bout willis"
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2010, 5:56 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey femme! waitin on those pics, i wanna see how u rocked ur part. my side parts dont act right since its grown out and i always end up lookin like "what u talkn bout willis"

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 12:43 am

I wanna see the side part!! come on pics please!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 1:25 am

I need some hair pics too!!! Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th March 2010, 12:35 pm

Happy St.Patrick's/Hump Day (hmmmmmmmm)!

So I am rockin the part for a 3rd day. Rinsed my hair in the shower this morning and applied more of the shea butter/leave-in mix. Slight variation today, I used my fingers to slightly slick back the right side. I have learend two things : 1) This style needs to be rewet every two days...spritzing alone will not hold it...last night I looked in the mirror and my hair was givin you Frederick Douglass lol! 2) I need to buy some Eco Styler like pronto! I think that this could def be a new wash n go for me but I need some more hold and curl definition.

NubieNatty wrote:hey femme! waitin on those pics, i wanna see how u rocked ur part. my side parts dont act right since its grown out and i always end up lookin like "what u talkn bout willis"

Lynnieluve wrote:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Lol

sweetdrk1 wrote:I wanna see the side part!! come on pics please!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I need some hair pics too!!! Smile

How can I refuse requests from such beautiful ladies? I will post pics tonight when I get home from school. They will be up when you get up and check CN tomorrow morning.

Have a good day ladies!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th March 2010, 4:29 pm

LMAOOOOOO@ the fred douglass! now THAT was hilarious!! glad to see somebody knows where im coming from!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th March 2010, 4:49 pm

NubieNatty wrote:LMAOOOOOO@ the fred douglass! now THAT was hilarious!! glad to see somebody knows where im coming from!

Yeah. Found out the hard way that HIH doesn't work with the sculpted fro!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 10:12 pm

Pics pics pics please
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th March 2010, 10:37 pm

Sounds like your hair will be cute!! Can't wait to see it Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Empty Sculpted Fro pics

Post by FemmeFox 18th March 2010, 3:13 pm

Hello dears!

Sorry about the late posting, I had public transit troubles this morning. Sheesh! I really want to move closer to San Francisco (where I work) because the commute is a beast! It's not that it's too long (1 hour by train) but lately the trains have had all kinds of breakdowns and delays. Grrrrrr! Anyways that's not what this forum is about. It's about : PICS!!!!!

This one is from Saturday nite when I debuted the part. I was feeling preeeety fierce that night....which may have been why I partied a bit to hardy... C'est la vie!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Pictur12

These are from this morning. Today I spritzed until Seffy was damp and them finger combed and patted into shape. Pretty good yeah?

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Pictur13

Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Pictur15
Natural in Wonderland - Page 7 Pictur17

Big smile for my ladies! I think that this may become a staple while I'm growing my hair out. It is definitely a wash-n-go style that has a bit of longevity if I don't touch after the initial styling. I think that gel will help extend the look.

There you go ladies!!!

Love!
Savvy & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th March 2010, 3:55 pm

I like your side part. Love the side glance in last picture.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next