CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2011, 4:18 pm

Hey FemmeFox

I got the TT back and before I could get home I gave it to this young lady that goes to my church that BC's last month. She's a senior in high school and she doesn't have the money to buy all the products that we do. So...I'll keep my eye's open and if I run across another one it's yours.

Girl Seffe\y has been looking too cute. I've found several cute styles on YouTube. I know what you mean about being bored, but I can't wait to do different things with my hair after Monday which is the first day of spring.

I'll check back late for pictures!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th March 2011, 5:33 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

I got the TT back and before I could get home I gave it to this young lady that goes to my church that BC's last month. She's a senior in high school and she doesn't have the money to buy all the products that we do. So...I'll keep my eye's open and if I run across another one it's yours.

Girl Seffe\y has been looking too cute. I've found several cute styles on YouTube. I know what you mean about being bored, but I can't wait to do different things with my hair after Monday which is the first day of spring.

I'll check back late for pictures!!

Thanks for getting back to me KNH! That was very sweet of you to give the TT to the young lady at your church. Going Natural can be very daunting esp is you're young. I'm going to place an order on SallyBeauty so don't worry about me. I have taken pics but not uploaded them yet. I'll do that now!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Empty Twist Pics!

Post by FemmeFox 17th March 2011, 6:13 pm

Hey Ladies, Happy St. Patty's Day!

KNH reminded me that I have not posted the pics of this set of twists yet. So without further ado:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Photo017

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Photo018

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Photo019

The twists were bit hard to style into an updo, tho I rocked one yesterday. Today they're down like in the pics and so far so good. They are a bit dry. Last night I used some MHC Afrikoko Silky Lotion to baggy but it was not as moisturizing as I hoped. There is no water in that product so it's a sealant not a moisturizer and I forgot that. I am going to baggy again tonight while I'm in the gym. I'll spray with my moisture spritz, add some QB OHB, and then seal with the MHC ASL. I'll only be baggying while I'm at the gym and later in the evening, I will not sleep with a plastic cap on my head. Since I tend to sweat in my head anyway, I would like to stay as dry as possible.

There you go loves!
~Sav & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2011, 9:32 am

WOW FemmeFox....you hair has really grown!! Shocked Looking good my friend!!

Guess what? I found you a tangle teezer!!! dance I was soo excited!! PM your info to me so I can get it in the mail to you Monday!!

woot!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st March 2011, 2:57 pm

Thanks KNH!

I just PM'd you my info.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Empty Weekend Hair Routine

Post by FemmeFox 21st March 2011, 3:15 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!

Did you do anything exciting over the weekend? We had a HUGE rainstorm out this way so the GF and I stayed pretty close to home. Didn't do too much this weekend but I was able to spend sometime on my hair.

I have been beyond lazy when it comes to washing/co-washing my hair as of late. I know that I should be doing it MORE since I'm working out more but, meh it hasn't happened as of yet. This Sunday I didn't want to wash Seffy but I knew that i was in need of an oil rinse and DC at least. I warmed up some Vatika oil and applied liberally to my dirty hair. I let sit under a plastic cap for at least an hour (more than that but I don't remember exactly how long). I then rinsed with warm water and applied my MHC Honey Horsetail DC and let that sit for about an hour. I rinsed with cool water, squeezed out the excess with a towel (travesty I know but all my hair shirts were in the wash), applied QB OHB to the length of my hair with some extra on the ends, then moisturized.styled with SM CES. I flat twisted my hair and rolled the ends on flexi-rods.

The results were ok, not amazing. I think some of it had to do with setting my hair while still pretty damp. I think I had so much moisture, it wasn't able to set correctly. That or my sections were too big. Smaller sections turned out curlier. I'm going to reset either tonight or Tuesday night and use smaller sections. Not sure what (if anything) I will use as a styler. I may break out my shea butter and used that or the MCH ASL since it has shea butter and no water in it. It's been awhile since I've used straight shea butter on Seffy. I think mainly it's because of the texture. I like creamy products and my shea isn't whipped so it can be a struggle sometimes. I keep saying that I'm going to whip mine with coconut oil but I haven't gotten around to it. My GF has been using it when she retwists her locs so I may let her have it and get some whipped shea for me! Very Happy

This weekend I am DEFINITELY washing my hair and re doing my twists. They are the frizzy side and I want to neaten them up a bit. Also KNH is sending me a TT so I may take everything down and try it out!

How was your weekend? Any exciting hair news?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st March 2011, 6:23 pm

Hey lady!! How u be? Keep up the good work.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Empty Tangle Teezer Review

Post by FemmeFox 28th March 2011, 5:33 pm

Happy Monday Ladies,

Looks like my thread is only being updated weekly. Which makes sense since I only do my hair once a week. This weekend I received my Tangle Teezer from KNH (Thanks Again!!!). I got it on Sat and almost couldn't wait til Sunday afternoon to do my hair. Almost. I wasn't dreading doing my hair but I was a bit reluctant. I needed to take down my twists and actually wash my hair with shampoo since it had been at least a month....maybe more (don't judge me!)

I pre poo'd with Vatika oil with my hair still in twists. Let sit for 30-45 min under plastic cap. Undid twists and sectioned into larger twists, about 10-16, all over my head. Washed with BioInfusions Olive Oil Shampoo (I have decided that I HAVE to finish this bottle off before I get anything new....and believe me here are some poo's that I want to try),rinsed with ward water, blotted until damp, and applied my MHC Honey Hair Mask. Since my hair was unraveling from the twists, I retwisted the large twists using the DC. Put on plastic cap and wrapped my head in a towel. Let the DC sit for 20 min. Rinsed with COLD (like freezing) water and again blotted until damp.

Since I was going to detangle with my new toy, I decided to use my QB Moringa Ghee (I don't think that I am going to by the full size of this product. I'm just going finish off my sample...I'll give reasons below) as my leave-in. I undid each twist, applied the ghee, and retwisted. Then I undid each twist, used the Tangle Teezer applied QB Olive and Honey Balm to seal,and retwisted.

For this weeks style I wanted to do a puff with flat twists but I wanted it to be intricate. I parted my hair in a circle about my head and put the center in a puff to keep that hair out the way. I sectioned the perimeter with my fingers, applied my MHC Afrikoko Silky Lotion and SM CES,and flat twisted toward the crown ( I wish I had pics but the GF was napping and I didn't want to wake her) about 17 flat twists. This when I got confused. I could see what I wanted in my mind's eye but it wasn't translating to my fingers, also I really should just start doing all my sections in front of a mirror instead of just my touch. I ended up doing cinna-buns! First I put on a scarf/headtie so I knew how far back I wanted the buns. Then I just sectioned using my fingers and making sure that all the flat twists were incorporated, I rolled and pinned. I will have pics tomorrow, you can't really see the cinna-buns in the cell phone pics.

So about the Tangle Teezer...Believe the hype! I know that by now you've already read countless reviews praising this implement and I am jumping on the bandwagon! I was able to detangle my whole head in under 30 minutes! Score!!!!

And as for the Moringa Conditioning Ghee, I think that I am probably better off using a conditioner water mix or an oil and water mix. The ghee, while moisturizing, was pretty light. I'd like something a bit thicker, I may use the rest of my SM Reconstructing Conditioner for this. Also since I try to pre-poo, Vatika oil may work just fine.

There you go! Do any of you detangle on damp/dry hair before washing? If so have you ever detangled using just oil and water or do you always use a creamy product, like conditioner or a detangler?

Love!
Savannah & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th March 2011, 8:37 pm

Great update! I wish you had pics..it sounds just lovely!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Empty Pics!

Post by FemmeFox 29th March 2011, 5:50 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great update! I wish you had pics..it sounds just lovely!

Thanks Sweet! I am posting pics today, I had the hunny take some this am before we left for work. I'll post them in a few!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Sav_0010

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Sav_0011

Natural in Wonderland - Page 24 Sav_0012

Last edited by FemmeFox on 29th March 2011, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures!)
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24