CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line!

+6
naybesa
creolebeauty1
Ambitious_Tiff
Lynnieluve
Alanija
MrsJones
10 posters

Go down

So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line! Empty So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line!

Post by MrsJones 20th December 2010, 9:43 pm

I've fallen in love with learning about natural hair care and using all natural ingredients to make it grow long, healthy and strong. So Im gonna start experimenting and see what neat products I can come up with to start my line. Wish me luck you guys! Hopefully one day soon I'll be giving Miss Jessie's and CURLS a run for their money!

If you guys have any advice I'm open for suggestions!

Last edited by MrsJones on 20th December 2010, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line! Empty Re: So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line!

Post by Alanija 20th December 2010, 9:45 pm

Good luck to ya!
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line! Empty Re: So...my new love/obsession with natural haircare has inspired me to create my own natural haircare line!

Post by Lynnieluve 20th December 2010, 9:46 pm

That's great!!! Good luck!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th December 2010, 9:48 pm

Good luck girlie! Lol, please remember to have sample sizes available!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 20th December 2010, 9:51 pm

I will! And thank you ladies!
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 20th December 2010, 11:09 pm

congrats and i'm thinking about doing the same lol i might be your future competitor
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naybesa 20th December 2010, 11:24 pm

aaaawww good luck hun!!!!!!!!!!!!! im doing the same. right now im doing all the research i can so that i can start making products
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 20th December 2010, 11:28 pm

Me too! There is so much to take into consideration, like what oils and herbs are the best for each hairtype, ph balance and all kinds of stuff. Its really interesting though. The fact that I'm majoring in business management is going to help a lot
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 23rd December 2010, 7:39 pm

MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 23rd December 2010, 8:08 pm

Good Luck and yes samples would be lovely Very Happy
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd December 2010, 8:26 pm

good luck hun it's always nice to see someone doing their thing.

suggestion maybe you can market to young women you know with packaging and PRICE. I know that when i whip stuff up at home it does not cost that much money. There is a market for affordable hair care products for young women like myself who cannot afford to splurge on mere ounces of products.

I understand that everyone owns businesses to make a profit but persons often fail to realise that they will reach a much larger demographic when more persons can actually afford to buy their products.

sorry if this sounded like a rant but just had to get this off my chest.

best of luck
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 23rd December 2010, 8:37 pm

Oh I totally agree. My products will definitely be reasonably priced. I look at miss jessie products and I think they are extremely high. I mean $58 for a 8 oz jar of baby buttercreme? I dont even think I'd pay for that even if I COULD afford it.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd December 2010, 8:46 pm

yes well im starting a blog for curly young women and right now im trying to make a list of products that they can afford. so when you make your line please let me know.

also shipping and handling costs an arm leg and a foot. so i can't for the life of me understand why everyone sells such small bottles and jars. the stufff from the beauty supply store comes in large bottles that lasts forever. i do not want to have to pay 8+ dollars everytime i need 8 more ounces or 200 ml.

just another 2 cents
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 23rd December 2010, 8:56 pm

Oh no problem, I can do that. I totally feel you on the product thing though! Ive been transitioning almost 4 months and I have yet to buy any of these ridiculously priced products. My hair thriving just fine from the products I am able to purchase in my local BSS. The most expensive things I have purchased are my 100% organic shea butter and coconut oil. I'm just not ballin enough right now to empty my pockets for hair products.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd December 2010, 8:58 pm

well like i said you must tell me once you're done
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 23rd December 2010, 9:42 pm

Beautiful Ladies..I was inspired a couple of years ago to do a skincare line. I make creams and lotions.
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 23rd December 2010, 10:13 pm

Thats wonderful
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 23rd December 2010, 11:43 pm

That's fabulous. Congrats to you!

Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 23rd December 2010, 11:48 pm

Thank you so much!
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down