CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 6:38 pm

I'm anxious. I plan to start in a few hours. My migraine has improved so I'm back in business! Just hope there is no major learning curve on the curlformers! Wish I had NMoultry on speeddial just in case! LOL!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 6:44 pm

Freestyles wrote:I'm anxious. I plan to start in a few hours. My migraine has improved so I'm back in business! Just hope there is no major learning curve on the curlformers! Wish I had NMoultry on speeddial just in case! LOL!

---Reese

Or if she would just go ahead and make that tutorial........
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 6:55 pm

yeah...tutorial is in order..lets bum rush her...*running to her thread*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 12:25 am

I am so glad your migraine subsided. Brenda looks like a Brenda.

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_cheers for balanced hair and for curlformers. Wow, you have what seems like a lot of curlformers. I know they will turn out great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 1:27 am

CURLFORMERS UPDATE:
There in! All of them!

Here's what I used:

-11 Packs of Long and Narrow Curlformers (88 total)
- 4 Packs of Short and Narrow Curlformers (40 total)

128 Total Curlformers...Geesh!

If I had to do it all again, I would have only purchased 2 packs of short & narrow and 14 packs of the long & narrow. A few of the short ones had my ends sticking out! Never thought that would be the case for my hair! I know that I'll have at least a few fuzzy ends, if not all fuzzy ends. Towards the front I started running out, so I had to make the sections bigger. That's okay though, I'll just separate if necessary. I know that for my next set I need to buy a few more packs of Long/Short & Wide. I only have the Original Set and 1 extra short and wide pack. (56 total compared to the 128 I just used)

I untwisted my dry flat twist. separated into 5 sections, and sprayed my setting lotion mixture on each section as I parted. Total it took about 2.5 hours, but I wasn't speeding. Slow and steady, small sections.

This is what I used as my setting lotion: (Estimated proportions)

-Distilled Water 50%
-LottaBody Setting Lotion 30%
-AussieMoist Conditioner 15%
-Olive Oil 5%

I definitely will not be able to sleep in these, unless I pull one of those "prop your elbows on the pillow" moves that everyone knows about from our relaxer days. Don't act like you didn't do it!

I'm hoping for the best! If I get a nice curlformers set with these 4b napps...ANYBODY can! We'll see.

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1212
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1213
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1214
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1215
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1216
I'll post the results tomorrow....

--- ReeseFreestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 1:57 am

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_bounce anxiously waiting the outcome
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th January 2010, 2:06 am

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I CAN'T WAIT, I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 2:46 am

Thanks ladies...I took one out in the back just to see, it looks pretty decent. I'm sitting under the dryer now (in my new massage chair *ooo-la-la*), hopefully that "sets" in the curls. The exposed curl looks, but doesn't feel very "set." Maybe I need more setting lotion next time? I would hate to wake up to a mess! I'm now feeling a little pressure because I want to show my hair stylist friend exactly how versatile natural hair can really be! Open up her mind! May even expand her clientele! I opened my big mouth and told her tonight that I was putting the curlformers in...so now it's put up or shut up time! I plan to make the 35 minute commute to her salon if all goes well, lol! She needs to see it fresh! Ha-Ha!!! Why do I care so much? Ummmm....I really don't know...

---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 12:04 pm

**looking for curlformers results...dont see anything...I'll be back later**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2010, 12:26 pm

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_bounce Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_bounce the set looks good! I think the heat from the dryer will be the magic touch. I can't wait!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 8:35 pm

DAY#29

Okay ladies...
I wasn't sure what to expect with these curlformers...but when I revealed my tresses immediately after removing the curlfomers I was thoroughly impressed! But then I went to sleep, and it goes down hill from there!

I sweat in my head so my curls smooshed and frizzed a bit, but were still "rockable" when I woke up this morning. I showered, got ready and headed to my friend's salon before running errands ALL DAY. More frizz!

I showed her my hair, (put two curlformers in to show her the process), and she was impressed! She showered me with compliments, but with no apologies from her previous comment of course. She is now a curlformer believer!

Flash forward to the present: This curlformers set now looks like a twist out, lol! My ends especially are FUZZ CENTRAL! I am in serious need of a trim. The good news is - no split ends! Not sure when I'll trim/dust. I'm guessing either at the end of this BNB challenge in April or in March on my 2 year Nappiversary. We'll see. Length retention is one of my goals so it will definitely be a trim and not a cut! Been there, done that! I digress.

Okay...so back to the curlformers!

Curlformers verdict:
5 Stars! LOVE THEM! Amazing!
They did exactly what they were supposed to do! I just know for the next time I need to use a product with more hold to combat frizz/reverting. My curls were very soft which I think added to the frizz factor. I will use less water to dilute the setting lotion next time, and probably "x" the AussieMoist which I'm sure could be attributed to my curls being extremely soft. Usually soft is good, but not in this case, at least for me. I would like to have a set that lasts at least 5 days. This set: 1 day, barely.

Probably only one major complaint: Because the curlformers get so close to your root, it caused tightness, that resulted in slight scalp soreness while removing

I'm on a mission...

*requests drum roll*

MY CURLFORMER RESULTS:

FROM THIS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1217
CURLFORMERS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1218
TO THIS!: (immediately after removing the curlformers)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1310
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1311
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1312
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1313

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1314

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1315

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th January 2010, 8:37 pm

WOW!! I admit, I had my doubts about curlformers but now I am wanting to invest. Your curls came out great!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 8:55 pm

WOW!!!! I want me some curlformers!!! You had great results!!! I've finally seen the results of all hair types and now I am ready to make the investment.

**headed over to Sally's website to do some pricing**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 9:15 pm

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 617583 is how I was when I read your friend responded to your results from the curlformers and when I saw your results. Your hair looks soft, defined and healthy. Goodness gracious great balls of fire hair!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th January 2010, 9:21 pm

Very nice results - how long did it take you to put them?

How will you keep them from flattening out at night? That would be my only concern.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 9:26 pm

Thanks ladies...

Here are my "slept on" curls. These photos are from today after MR. FRIZZ FACTOR decided to show up and get comfortable on my curls! As the day progressed - so did my frizz. That's okay though...

AT MY GIRL's SALON TODAY:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1316
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1317
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1318
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1319

*ponders* What curlformers? Why then is there no curl formed? LOL! Looks like a chunky twist out to me. Mr. Frizz Factor obviously packed his suitcase and is prepare to stay as long as possible. Gonna co-wash tommorrow. PHOTO TAKEN JUST MINUTES AGO... Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_evil
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1410

This style has now officially died! *pokes out bottom lip as she pouts* Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_sad

I tryed to fight MR. FRIZZ FACTOR as best as I could but what can I say? HE BEAT ME DOWN! I just decided to stop fighting him and let him have his way with my tresses. I just know that next time he'll be faced with a potent setting lotion mixture, that'll teach him! Take that Mr. Frizz!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Lol

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 9:35 pm

Cute outfit!!! Yea.....you need to work on your setting lotion mixture. So, what's the next style for your "out" weekend?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 9:42 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 617583 is how I was when I read your friend responded to your results from the curlformers and when I saw your results. Your hair looks soft, defined and healthy. Goodness gracious great balls of fire hair!

Thanks Chrs...I was super excited too!

Current scoreboard:

The Nappies: 1 point

Creamy Crackers: 0 points

Whoo-hoo!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 9:46 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Very nice results - how long did it take you to put them?

How will you keep them from flattening out at night? That would be my only concern.

When I woke up this morning the were a little flattened but not too bad. The frizz from sweating in my head overnight is another story! I just slept with a satin bonnet on. I think a good setting lotion is key.

They took about 2.5 hours to put in...I think factoring in the slight learning curve I could probably do another set in 1.5 to 2 hours next time. The widers ones (pink and orange) will more than likely take even less time. If I can manage to figure out how to get 5 days worth of wear, it would definitely be worth the time.

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 9:49 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute outfit!!! Yea.....you need to work on your setting lotion mixture. So, what's the next style for your "out" weekend?

Not sure...any ideas on how to turn this frizzy mess into something cute before church tomorrow? I'm actually contemplating doing another curlformer set with undiluted setting lotion. I'm just now sure I want to invest the time on back-to-back nights! If not...you know what I'm gonna do! *marches off to her "girl closets" in preparation*
---ReeseFreestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 10:01 pm

ROSA PARK ROLL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 10:10 pm

Good idea Lynnieluve...heading over to IntelligentBeauty's page for a refresher now! Think I should brush out the curls or just put them into the roll as is?

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th January 2010, 10:18 pm

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Lol FREE!! I LOVED IT!! I WANT SOME CURLFORMERS BUT I NEED THE BOX WITH THE ELF TO COME AND PUT THEM IN..LOL

LOL AT CREAMY CRACKERS
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 10:26 pm

Try it as is and if that doesnt work then try brush/smoothing out the curls.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 10:32 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Lol FREE!! I LOVED IT!! I WANT SOME CURLFORMERS BUT I NEED THE BOX WITH THE ELF TO COME AND PUT THEM IN..LOL

LOL AT CREAMY CRACKERS

Thanks SheeTacular!

Now if I could just get them to stay like this: Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Icon_bounce
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1320

Instead of trying to go back to this: Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Lol
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 Img_1219

I'd be in business! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 12 617583

Thanks Lynnieluve, I'm going to try it out!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next