CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 10:34 pm

Post pics please!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2010, 11:43 pm

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 617583 Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 678474 Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 879602

I am so very happy for you!! AND I am going to Sally's in the morning! I am officially sold!!! I am so happy this was a success so you could show that sista your versatiltiy! Tell her your curlfriend says "now say somethin" *rolling my eyes*

Now back to you...did you air dry or get under a dryer, do you think tht would help them last longer? Did I say you have been on my mind ALL day, I was praying they came out good!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 678474
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2010, 11:52 pm

going to watch YT videos so I can do these curlformers too!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks SweetDrk1!

I won't try to stop you from going to Sally's tomorrow because those curlformers are the TRUTH! I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I did!

I mainly air-dryed but sat under the hooded dryer for a bit. Most of the curlformers would not fit under the hooded dryer which made drying uncomfortable. I'm not sure which method is better though. I'm pretty sure my problem stems for the setting lotion...and maybe even my ratty ends play a part too.

They are pretty simple to put in:

--Push hook through curlformer
--Take section of hair and twist at root
--Insert hair into hook
--Pull curlformer hook through at base
--Voila! Hair is automatically inserted into the curlformer!

HTH!
---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 10th January 2010, 12:59 am

I don't know girl - you made that sound too easy! I see them in sally's everytime I go and I have a sallys card but they were still expensive - how many packages did you have to buy? I will have to check you guys out some more on that.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th January 2010, 1:02 am

Hey Freestyles, Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
I am late but I am loving your results of the curlformers. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_cheers I am also a believer and will have to invest in some. It seems alot easier than my roller set.
Now your ex-stylist will be trying to find the curlformers and use it on her permed clients (inspired by you)....lol. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_geek

I agree with Lynn. The ROSA PARK'S ROLL (named affectionately by you) would be a terrific option for that uncoorperative hair.
Can't wait to see your results!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 10th January 2010, 1:04 am

Ok I just saw how many it took. I def have to think about it!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 10th January 2010, 12:32 pm

Hey Freestyles,

Your hair turned out GREAT!!!! As for the frizz, I'm willing to be it was the lotta body. I've never been able to use that. Did you apply setting lotion to each little section of hair? Did you smooth the hair out with your finger before putting the curl former on??

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 10th January 2010, 4:34 pm

Wow!!!! The curlformers set turned out great!!!!! dance Love it!

And definitely do the Rosa Parks roll!!! That's my new go-to style to turn a bad hair day into a good hair day.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 10th January 2010, 6:30 pm

DAY#30

So, my "HAIR OUT" weekend is quickly coming to an end! It was fun while it lasted and it made me miss having my hair out more often. But most importantly, it made me realize how much giving my tresses much needed TLC while in the wig regimen is benefiting my tresses. The health of my hair has improved drastically within these past 30 days! I got good growth too. So I will continue with my wig regimen (protective styling) challenge as planned.

Quick Weekend Recap:
-My curlforrmers try-out was a success!
-Found out I need a setting lotion mixture with more hold
-Realized I need a trim, but fortunately do not have split ends
-Experimented with the ROSA PARKS ROLL- UTTER FAILURE
-Wore out my Tam today
-Experimented with Headband and Puff...
-Now preparing to wash, condition, & big twists to dry and stretch
-Next small cornrows to set to last up to 4 weeks
-Tomorrow it's back to my "girls"

Here's some pics from this weekend:Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1223
STRETCHED HAIR
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1323
CURLFORMER RESULTS
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1411
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1412
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1413
ROSA PARKS ROLL FAILURE!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1414
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1415
TAM
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1510
HEADBAND
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1511
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1512
PUFF
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1221
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1222
NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS, LOL
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1513
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1514
LOOSE HAIR READY TO WASH!

...Can you tell I was missing my hair? So many variations in a few days!
Until tomorrow ladies...

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th January 2010, 6:46 pm

The Rosa Parks Roll was not a utter failure. It looked cute to me. Your hair looks so soft too. Cant wait to see tomorrow's girl.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 10th January 2010, 7:11 pm

yayyyyyy for curlformers! lol your hair looked really cute! i have the pink/orange ones but I'm going to go buy a pack of the blu/green ones next. Your curls look super defined and super soft. You use a lot more curlformers than I do but again I am pretty lazy and if starts to take more than an hour, I'm going to need to take a break! lol

try aloe vera gel for hold. and I agree with nmoultry make sure your ends are smoothed out. I do mine on wet hair so that when it dries it really 'sets.'

Oh and I can't sleep in a bonnet to save my life. Try a pineapple or if your hair isn't long enough (I think our hair is the same length?) try just pinning the sides up so that when you are laying down the curls aren't smashed but on top of your head. HTH but just imagine if that was your first try what they are going to look like for your next hair out day! :-)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 10th January 2010, 7:13 pm

oh and when you put your bonnet on try putting it on while bending upside down so all the curls are gathered at the top of your head (does that make sense??? it makes sense in my head lol) Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Icon_scratch
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 10th January 2010, 9:16 pm

Thanks for that info D.Denise! My hair is not long enough to pull in a pineapple, but next time I will try to pin the sides as you suggested.

I may try the pink and orange ones next time, I have those too. I was even thinking of purchasing the extra wide ones to try a roller wrap but only four of those come in a pack, I would need at least 6 packs I think. So that idea will have to wait. At this point I feel like I have stock in curlformers, lol. I've spent so much on these things!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th January 2010, 10:14 pm

Your Rosa Parks roll was not a failure. I'm sorry you didn't like it. We are our own worse critics.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th January 2010, 11:08 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your Rosa Parks roll was not a failure. I'm sorry you didn't like it. We are our own worse critics.

Ditto!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 10th January 2010, 11:09 pm

CURLFORMERS ROCK Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 879602

Your results are great, I love them... You have a lot of hair, it was curlformers everywhere. I am so glad they were a success, your investment was well worth it.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 10th January 2010, 11:44 pm

Youve got me wanting to invest in some curlformers. My hair is definitely too short right now but this time next year...curlformers here I come.Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 617583

I loved your curlformers set and your Rosa Parks Roll, and your puff and your...you get the point. You've got beautiful hair chica.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 10th January 2010, 11:48 pm

LOVE your hair in the Curlformers!!!

I just bought some from Sally's, but was having buyer's remorse (they were $11.99--goodness!) and contemplated taking them back....

I think I'll hold off.... =)
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th January 2010, 1:18 am

tiashauntee wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your Rosa Parks roll was not a failure. I'm sorry you didn't like it. We are our own worse critics.

Ditto!

double ditto!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 11th January 2010, 1:56 am

Awwww....thanks ladies! Maybe next time I'll have the courage to actually wear the ROSA PARKS ROLL out somewhere! I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought (or maybe I just had decent camera angles, lol)!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 11th January 2010, 2:01 am

ok so did u have a 8 day weekend?? dang girl u was wearing that hair!! Love the curlformers! im glad u had fun hun!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th January 2010, 2:33 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Ditto!

double ditto!

Ditto that!!! I think it looks rather cute. I am sorry you didn't like it :-(
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 11th January 2010, 11:49 am

DAY#31

My hair is hidden once again! This morning my hair was still damp. Last night I detangled then washed with Suave Naturals mixed with baking soda. Followed that up with a quick Organix Coconut co-wash, then loaded up with Aussie Moist. Rinsed and spread some Knot-today leave-in all over. Cornrowed this morning...a bit bigger for this set because of time constraints and general laziness. I sprayed Infusium leave-in throughout and sealed my ends with BNB Shea (Sun-Ripened Strawberry).

Here's today's girl: LIYAH
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1515
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1516

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 13 Img_1518
Have a MARVELOUS MONDAY!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th January 2010, 12:03 pm

Is she names "Liyah" because of "Aaliyah"?

Aaliyah was the only straight haired girl that I wanted my hair to be like.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next