CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Challenges?

+11
quincie1479
KinkySheaPT
rreberhardt
tiashaunteƩ
traveljunkie08
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NaturalNixon
cdawnlujan
sweetdrk1
NikG20
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Weekly Challenges? Empty Weekly Challenges?

Post by NikG20 29th December 2009, 8:50 pm

Hey ladies! 2010 is right around the corner and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing weekly challenges. We could create a new thread each week with the challenge, and we can post every day, every other day, or every week on how we are doing with that particular challenge.

I'll throw a few things out there. It could be something like...

-1 gallon of water a day challenge for the week
-X amount of lunges/squats per day/week challenge (these are all just for one week...)
-2 fruits, 2 veggies a day
-20 jumping jacks as soon as you get out of the bed each morning (lol Neutral I'm just throwing ideas out there)
-at LEAST 3 hours of exercise for one week
-7-8 hours of sleep each night

Ok you all get the idea. Please feel free to make ANY suggestions. Let me know what you think. I need to drop some major lbs in 2010 so I need all the motivation I can get. lol Smile Also, would anyone be interested in doing a Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred challenge?
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Weekly Challenges? Empty Re: Weekly Challenges?

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 9:13 pm

ok I am so with you...I am going to do the Gallon of water challenge first. I am waiting for my wii fit to come in the mail. I am going to get the Wii Active I am with you..I have to lose at least 40 lbs!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 29th December 2009, 9:29 pm

Woo! Glad someone is with me. Smile So maybe we can do the water challenge first. From January 1st to January 8th. Then Jan. 9th we can start a new challenge...

I wish I had a Wii!! You have to let me know what you think.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 9:55 pm

yes that works, I am excited!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 29th December 2009, 10:02 pm

Count me in ladies!
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 29th December 2009, 10:20 pm

I am so down. I def need to drop 40 pounds and get off these blood pressure meds so hubby and I can get to work on making baby Nixon.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2009, 11:22 pm

Great suggestion NikG20 (wrote A's mom before I looked to see your screen name [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). I'm in. I would LOVE to lose 60-65 pounds. I am down with the gallon of water a day for the first challenge.

I workout now but have not stepped it up to the next level. This will help me do so.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 30th December 2009, 12:51 am

Woohoo! I'm excited. cheers

@Chrs, lol!!

I'm right there with you though ladies. I'm trying to drop 50lbs to get to my goal, and then see where I want to go from there.

I thought of another challenge as well, No sweets for one week. Kind of hard considering I love sweets, but hopefully I can ditch them all together.

Any other suggestions??Smile
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 12:58 am

Maybe do a couple of meatless meals for the week. OR Do a fruit & veggie smoothie each morning for a week. OR Park farther away from entrances for a week. If you eat out at lunch...how about brown bagging it for a week.

I'm all about food if you can't tell. I need to tone and lose this belly that I'm carrying so anything that is geared toward ab work, I'm all for it.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 30th December 2009, 1:07 am

Great ideas AfrikanLatina. Thanks!

I know what you mean. I had my son in April and I have quite the belly. lol You don't want to know what I gained with him. Shocked

I love Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout. There's not much floor work but it kills the abs. Definitely surprised me!

I'm not in great shape but I'm down for any workout. I'll try anything once. So if anyone has a particular workout or specific exercise you want to do for a week (3x a week? or more) then just suggest away.

I definitely want everyones input. I would hate to make challenges that no one participates in. lol Embarassed
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 1:21 am

Count me in! I just started exercising again this week with the Wii and ChaLEAN Extreme. I had Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred but decided to take it back and do ChaLEAN Extreme again instead. I want to lose about 30lbs.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 30th December 2009, 3:38 pm

I just purchased Just Dance on wii.....that is another option for anyone that wants to workout with the wii. You get some awesome cardio from that game. I did three songs and I was done....and I didn't even do the full version of the songs
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rreberhardt 30th December 2009, 3:49 pm

Add me to the challengers. I am starting P90X on Sunday and training for the Mini-Marathon in Louisville (on April 24). I need to lose 25-30 pounds. Since it sounds like so many of us are doing different things in terms of exercise, I like the idea of challenges that focus on healthy lifestyles and eating. I know a gallon of water a day would be a challenge in itself for me. Adding a healthy snack or a new healthy dinner would be those lasting changes. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
rreberhardt
rreberhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 30th December 2009, 5:42 pm

Sounds like a fun idea. Count me in! Water is a great one to start with. Hydration is super important. What about doing a healthy meals challenge adding to rreberhardt's comment. Like 3 healthy breakfasts (whole wheat toast, oatmeal, whole wheat cereal with fiber, or fruit, and so on.) and 3 healthy dinners (baked or grilled fish, chicken, turkey, whole grain brown rice, and so on) a week as a challege. If you wanted to you could also do a weight loss challege. I usually set a weight loss goal for my clients at 1-2 lbs a week which is the reccomended norm. Of course we wouldn't have anyone weigh in but its a great personal goal. We can also do a fruit and veggie challenge like trying one new veggie and one new fruit (something you've never tried before) a week. I'm loving this! Great idea NikG20!
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 30th December 2009, 7:54 pm

Im in!!!!! As I'm going out New Years Eve, ( drinking will be happening) Water on the 1st will be a great thing. Im in. Do we know what the second week will be in case i need to go out and buy extra fruits or veggies etc.?
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 30th December 2009, 9:34 pm

@traveljunkie, how do you like chalean extreme? Doesn't she lift a lot of weights for that?

@tiashauntee, see you are all making me want a Wii for real now!!

@rreberhardt, wow p90x, I've seen the previews, looks extremely difficult!

@KinkySheaPT, Great ideas! You sound like you know what you're talking about. You can totally take this over if you want? Smile

quincie, hmm I'm not sure. What does everyone think week 2 should be? B/C I need to buy fruits and veggies as well, lol. I guess I should keep them in the house though. Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 30th December 2009, 10:13 pm

Hey Ladies,

I bought the Pussycat Dolls DVD Workout Vid, and I must say it was fun workout. It wasnt really challenging, however, because you repeat the dance routine a lot you get a workout without feeling like you workout. Maybe like a great night of dancing. Has anyone else tried it yet?
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 30th December 2009, 10:38 pm

@quincie, nice! I saw the previews the other day, looks fun. Although I can't dance... Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by prymd95 30th December 2009, 10:43 pm

This is exactly what I need! I'm in! I will be doing the P90X. The workout is crazy but it does work. I will probably do the Fat Smash Diet too to jump start my metabolism.

prymd95

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 30th December 2009, 11:41 pm

@NikG20 LOL! Well I love to dance. I gotta start taking my bellydancing class again. Do you do any fitness DVD's? Any suggestions?
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 30th December 2009, 11:46 pm

Yeah see that stuff sounds fun. I need a fun workout.

I guess it depends on your fitness level and what you're willing to do. I always suggest Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, and Jillian M No More Trouble Zones.

I previously lost 20lbs in just over 1 month with the 30 day shred. I also did the stationary bike as well so both helped with that. I didn't make a major change in my eating habits at the time, I just watched my portion sizes but still ate what I wanted.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 31st December 2009, 2:53 pm

NikG20 wrote:@traveljunkie, how do you like chalean extreme? Doesn't she lift a lot of weights for that?

Yes, she does.Evil or Very Mad But it definitely works and you don't bulk up. I was leaner and stronger when I did it earlier this year. It's a little intense though (not as intense as P90X), that's why I'm balancing it out with the more fun Wii Fit this time. I also like her TurboJam DVDs. I'll still do those from time to time too.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 31st December 2009, 4:30 pm

@traveljunkie, is there a certain amount of weights you have to lift? I struggle lifting my 20lb weights (well, 10lbs each) during the 30 day shred, lol...
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 31st December 2009, 4:54 pm

NikG20 wrote:@traveljunkie, is there a certain amount of weights you have to lift? I struggle lifting my 20lb weights (well, 10lbs each) during the 30 day shred, lol...

You build up to heavier weights until you reach muscle fatigue at a certain number of reps. In the first phase, you have to use a weight where you fatigue by reps 10-12. In the second phase I think you have to fatigue at 6-8 reps, then you're back to 10-12 (if I remember correctly) in the third phase. There are three circuits in each phase that you do 3x a week, and you're supposed to do each phase for 30 days.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by rreberhardt 31st December 2009, 8:06 pm

okay Ladies, I'm ready to roll! Are we starting a new thread?? Week one is a gallon of water a day, what did we come up with for week 2? Any ideas for looking ahead to weeks 3 or 4? I guess I'm just a little ready to get this party started! I hope you all have a safe evening and a blessed 2010!
rreberhardt
rreberhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next