CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Freestyles 7th January 2010, 12:18 am

I'm so tired right now. I let my henna sit while at work, but it was a much longer day than anticipated. I am currently unbraiding my 4 week old cornrows. I'll then apply henna, sleep, wake up early rinse, apply indigo and sleep again! Then deep condition and off to work I'll go. At least that's the plan. I really don't feel like dealing with my hair tonight, but I'm afraid that good henna will go to waste.

Even though exhausted, I'm taking my time taking out these cornrows...

I'll update my progress tomorrow...

---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Freestyles 7th January 2010, 1:47 am

Well..cornrows finally out! My hair is incredibly soft! It must be the AussieMoist. I may have to go out on a limb and say this is the softest my hair has EVER felt!

On the flip side, my ends are pretty ratty, but not split. Trim? We'll see. Also, some shedding but I guess considering that I haven't combed, brushed, detangled, etc my hair in 4 weeks, I guess the amount of shedding I see shouldn't be a concern.

--Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 7th January 2010, 10:27 am

DAY #27

GOOD MORNING LADIES!

Hair update:
-Carefully unbraided my cornrows late last night
-Applied henna (with cinnamon and orange juice) and left on for approx. 6 hours
-Applied indigo and left on for approx. 2 hours

(Made such a mess this time around!)

I'm now preparing to rinse the indigo and due to lack of time I will quickly co-wash then follow up with Aussie Moist as a deep conditioner under my wig today while at work...

Tonight I'll rinse out the conditioner and flat twist to dry.

TODAY MY CURLFORMERS ARE SET TO ARRIVE!!!

Friday will be curlformer try-out day, lol!

Last night I stopped by Sally's and purchased Lottabody Setting Lotion and Beyond the Zone Heat Protectant. Okay, okay, okay... and four more packs of curlformers! I don't want to have too few!

From now on my "TODAY's GIRL" will really be yesterday's girl. I'm currently a day behind (camera battery died while trying to post yesterday) and I think that's a good thing...in case I have any further unexpected camera glitches I will always have an extra "girl" on hand to post! I'll still call her TODAY's GIRL though!

TODAY's GIRL: FREEDOM!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1010
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1110
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1111
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1011

THE TAKE DOWN: Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 678474
1 week cornrows:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_0127
4 week cornrows:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1112

Loose Hair:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1113
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1115
Henna:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1114
Henna washed out(for the most part, lol):
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1211
Indigo:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1210

I add more pictures later... Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 879602

Enjoy your day ladies!
---ReeseFreestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th January 2010, 11:46 am

girl! freedom looks like a banging WNG loves it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 7th January 2010, 11:56 am

its so cool that you can treat your hair with henna, deep condish, etc. under your girls!!! i think i might start taking advantage of this, but under my hats :O)

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 7th January 2010, 12:02 pm

Thanks CocaColaCutie! She isn't very popular among my co-workers! It seems like my more "textured" girls get no love! Funny because those are the ones that are most like my natural hair! That's ok though, I still rock Freedom proudly!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2010, 1:27 pm

I like Freedom!!! I agree with CocaColaCutie! It looks like my wash n go.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 7th January 2010, 2:49 pm

ITA w/ CocaColaCutie and Lynn! I'm anxiously awaiting the curlformers set!!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 2:53 pm

Today's girl if funky!! I love her!!! I can't wait for the curlformers!! wooo hoooo!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 7th January 2010, 7:09 pm

Can't wait to get off work today! My curlformers better be on my doorstep! And I have a few new girl due to arrive today as well! Ha-ha! Christmas in January!

When I get home I plan to wash out the AussieMoist and flat twist to dry...
---Reese.
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 7th January 2010, 7:18 pm

We're still waiting for you over on the use your stash/no buy challenge thread. Wink
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th January 2010, 8:51 pm

OK, I ADORE FREEDOM. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th January 2010, 1:50 am

Freedom is beautiful! Your regimen is health focused--love it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 8th January 2010, 2:36 am

Freedom is curlicious! I agree with Chrs. You can tell your tresses are pampered. your hair looks sooo healthy.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th January 2010, 10:45 am

Freestyles, do you wig it in the summer also? Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th January 2010, 10:51 am

I like Freedom ... very nice
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 11:22 am

DAY#28

I'm suffering from a horrible migraine this morning that started yesterday and has increasingly gotten worse. Nausea, Light and Noise Sensitivity, Crippline Headache, and Pain with movement! The works! Yet I'm still on CurlyNikki, posting away! I'm being as still as possible and hoping this condition will improve. Debating on whether I'll make it in to work today or not!

Anyhow, my henna and indigo went well. I deep conditioned with the AussieMoist yesterday for about (10+hours) while working. I rinsed it out when I got home, but due to this migraine I only wrapped a "turbie/twistie towel" (whatever it's called) on my napps and hit the sack. What a mistake! This morning I revealed a shriveled up, tangly, tightly coiled, shrunken mess! A well-conditioned mess, but nevertheless - A MESS! I re-moistened (distilled water and a few squeezes of AussieMoist in a spray bottle) and put in a few flat twists to encourage stretching.

My curlformers did arrive yesterday on schedule! If my migraine improves I'll be doing my curlformer set tonight. I've decided to use the narrow ones (short & long) this go around. Next time I'll use the wide ones (short & long).

Here's what I'll be working with this evening:

-11 Packs of Long and Narrow Curlformers (88 total)
- 4 Packs of Short and Narrow Curlformers (40 total)
- Setting Lotion Mixture:
-----Distilled Water
-----LottaBody Setting Lotion
-----AussieMoist Conditioner
-----Olive Oil
-Shea Butter for ends
-Beyond the Zone Heat Protectant (if I use the hooded dryer)

I should have more than enough curlformers! If I find that I have way too many...I'll be taking a few packs back, trust me! I haven't concocted the Setting Lotion mixture yet, but I'm guessing it will be mostly water and only a few drops of the other ingredients.

Guess what else? My shipment of new "girls" (yes, plural) arrived yesterday too! I was too tired and in pain from the migraine to even try any of them on. That is so NOT LIKE ME! I'll try them today if I get around to it.

Additionally, I do plan to join the NO BUY/USE YOUR STASH challenge as soon as I get my hands on some Aubrey Organics Conditioner! It will keep me ACCOUNTABLE!

Here's TODAY's GIRL:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1012
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1013
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1014
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Img_1015

*crosses her fingers* If all goes as planned, hope to have curlformer result photos posted tomorrow!

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 11:25 am

Excedrin Migraine and a nap gets rid of my migraine every time. I know how much they suck, feel better.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th January 2010, 11:27 am

Sorry you have a migraine - I suffer with those too, they can be dibilitating - I need complete silence and darkness - mine usually last 3-4 days. You are good, I can't stand much less look at the pc when I have one.

Can't wait to see the results from your curlformers - I have yet to try those.

Oh yeah, love your new girl.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 12:46 pm

I'm actually feeling slightly better, I may actually go in to work...or not!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 12:56 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Excedrin Migraine and a nap gets rid of my migraine every time. I know how much they suck, feel better.

I keep a bottle at all times...good stuff

Freestyles wrote:I'm actually feeling slightly better, I may actually go in to work...or not!

I am happy you feel better. I m so anxious to see the curlformers!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks Tiashautee, BlondebyDesire and SweetDrk1! I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm going to see if I can muster up the strength to go the store to buy Excedrin Migraine you guys suggested! I get a shot for my migraines and because of the holiday I'm over a week late. Which is probably the reason that I have this stinking migraine!

Intelligent Beauty: I have been known to wear my girls during the summer months!!! Usually shorter ones! Because of the way "girls" are made these days, I'm rarely ever hot. Hair on my neck on the otherhand (mine or not), makes me hot in the summer!

BTW, I forgot to add the name of today's girl is BRENDA. Don't know why she just looks like a Brenda to me, lol!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 2:23 pm

So I tryed the Protein/Moisture method of testing ChrsLvsBks described with my shed hair and I'm happy to report: I currently have BALANCE!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_cheers

From ChrsLvsBks :"If it snaps quickly when wet, it needs moisture. If it stretches a lot before snapping, up your protein. If you pull it and makes a snap sound, your moisture/protein balance is fine. As for time between stretching and snapping, I would think hair shouldn't snap after a second or two of pulling it, and I would think hair should not stretch for more than 10 seconds, give or take based on length of hair. I suggest using recent shed hairs but I sometimes pull hair from different zones (ear; nape and crown)."

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 5:15 pm

I hope you feel better soon. Yes, Exedrin definitely does the job and I like that it works fast.

I cant wait to see the results of the curlformers!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 8th January 2010, 6:19 pm

Im glad you're feeling better Reese. I too am anxiously awaiting your curlformer results and your friends response to the pic that you'll text her Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 11 Icon_wink
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next