CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new year new challenges

+9
Loving me
Lynnieluve
Madeaj
sweetdrk1
LaToya28
Ambitious_Tiff
rayray19
creolebeauty1
truet
13 posters

Go down

new year new challenges Empty new year new challenges

Post by truet 6th January 2011, 2:17 am

Since dec 25 i have been wearing my hair in platts(not going any where so i said why not) but my new challenge is not to wet my hair so much i just realized that i wet my hair every day i know it need to be moisturize so what do i replace of water? I think that wetting my hair everyday is not good Mad so what should i do
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

new year new challenges Empty Re: new year new challenges

Post by truet 6th January 2011, 2:18 am

ps i have not been on here forever ................. lol
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th January 2011, 2:26 am

whats wrong with wetting your hair daily i wet mines twice a day ? Crying or Very sad
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 6th January 2011, 2:28 am

for me i dont think its good i prob have hard water some hair is brittle and i think its from the over use of water
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th January 2011, 3:33 am

you could use a water base leave in conditioner..I think KCKT and giovanni direct leave in are water base..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 6th January 2011, 4:08 am

You might wanna try getting a water softener or one of those showerhead filter thingies from Lowe's. Like Rayray said a good water based leave in is a good option too.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th January 2011, 2:53 pm

I don't think wetting the hair everyday is a good thing either. I agree with the leave-in suggestion. Giovanni Direct leave-in may work well for you. You can put it in a spray bottle with some oils and aloe vera juice (kimmaytube leave-in) or you can use it straight out of the bottle.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 3:05 pm

I wet my hair every day, twice actually and my hair thrived! My curls are defined, moist and soft! This is my 2nd BC and I have tried a few products and nothing keeps my hair more moisturized than water. I will be watching this thread as I am curios to what you find to replace water. bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 6th January 2011, 3:08 pm

You could get some distilled water for wetting your hair. Put it in a spray bottle and use that to wet your hair rather than using tap water. I have distilled water in my spray bottle. My goal is to use the distilled water, I think it will be better for my hair and my scalp.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th January 2011, 3:14 pm

Hey Truet!!!! Where have you been hiding? You are right, it has been FOREVER since you've been to CN!!!

I agree with the Latoya28!!!

Tell your sister I said hello!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 6th January 2011, 3:16 pm

For me, I think water everyday is fine but with something else like shea or an oil. Its been my hair experience that if I just wet my (4b) hair without and leave in or oil or butter or something it dries rough. For example I spray water and rub a little CD tui oil and it dries soft

So I do get what your saying truet but try to put something else in after you wet it....that's if you havent tried that already. Im no expert i just go by how my hair feels.

good luck mama. Smile
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 3:51 pm

I want to clarify that this works best for MY TWA I didn't wet it every day when it was longer.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th January 2011, 4:52 pm

Madeaj wrote:You could get some distilled water for wetting your hair. Put it in a spray bottle and use that to wet your hair rather than using tap water. I have distilled water in my spray bottle. My goal is to use the distilled water, I think it will be better for my hair and my scalp.

This along with the water based conditioner should work instead of wetting your entire head. I also use water in a spray bottle and follow up with a water based conditoner to keep my hair moisturized.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 6th January 2011, 5:33 pm

Thanks ladies
@Madeaj I was thinking about using distilled water i going to do that now. I put it in my body why not the hair!
@latoya28 can i get this giovanni direct at sallys or target/walmart
@Lynnieluve Heyyyyyyyyy we been super busy and how are you? love your hair super jealous.
@sweetdrk1 nice hair btw

so far i now i will try the distilled water on my hair and not wet it when iam in the shower lets see if that will work
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 6th January 2011, 5:40 pm

Oh, I forgot to say. I don't get my hair dripping wet. I just spritz a little water and rub a little of my butter mix on my hands and then on my hair as I style it. Occasionally I use my Aussie leave-in conditioner when I feel the need for it. I am doing mostly protective styling so my daytime hair is usually some kind of loose bun. Bed time hair is 3 or 4 braids pineappled so the ends are protected.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 6th January 2011, 5:55 pm

okay that sounds good i have my protective style of twist for about 1 month i wear them down alot but going to start wearing them in a bun, spritz hair with distilled water and a leave in daily or when needed i think this is going to work. and shea butter. do you apply your butter before or after you wet it?????
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 6th January 2011, 6:22 pm

do you apply your butter before or after you wet it?????

After I wet it and I only apply what's left on my hands after I rub it in a little. My butter mix has Coco butter, Aloe butter, coconut, Smart Balance Oil, jojoba, castor and vitamin e oil. I use my butter all over, hair and body. Very Happy
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 6th January 2011, 8:34 pm

My hair is in twists currently
and all I do is spritz twice a day with my bottle containing distilled water, jojoba oil and lavender e.o.

I used a shea-cocoa butter mix on dry hair to twist and so far my twists are looking and feeling great.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th January 2011, 8:51 pm

Hey Truet. There is nothing wrong with wetting your hair everyday, we drink (or supposed to) water everyday cuz our bodies need it. Hair needs it too. But you have to seal it with an oil or butter. Moisturize with water or conditioner and then seal. But I do think you have a point with that hard water thing cuz ours is hard too. Showerhead filter is a good idea like someone said or bottled water. But before we moved where we are now, i wet my hair EVERYday, especially in the summer and my hair loves it! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 7th January 2011, 4:37 am

I thoguht over-moisturised hair gets too soft and it's too much protein that makes hair brittle? How much protein goes in your hair Truet?
Anyway, what others have said about sealing with oil and/or using a water based moisturiser and/or sorting out your hard water problem is good advice.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 7th January 2011, 11:53 pm

@ jo sombody dont know about the protein i just use water conditioner and oil in my hair
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down