CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 20th January 2010, 12:41 am

Love how big Roxanne is. Happy you made it through your first day of No RedBull/coffee. Like Sweet said, you can do it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2010, 1:31 am

I LOVE Roxanne.

I am glad you are kicking your Red Bull addiction. As others wrote, you can do it. Just think of all the empty calories your are drinking and the caffeine you are ingesting. One step and one day at a time
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th January 2010, 2:24 am

I absolutely adore Roxanne Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Herz
You look great in all your "girls"l. LOVE IT!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th January 2010, 10:08 pm

DAY#40

Good evening ladies!

I'm winding down on these school applications so my tresses have definitely taken the back burner. Seems like it's lacking moisture and very fuzzy! I may need to rebraid/cornrow faster than the four weeks I was going for. I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't been sleeping with a bonnet though. Additionally, I saw a few split ends! I recently reported that I didn't have any...but I spotted two! Cause for concern? Not sure yet but I'm going to keep on top of it, I may need to trim earlier than expected. I was going to wait until the end of the challenge but I think I may trim/dust on my next "hair out" weekend.

Due to a lack of time...I'll post today's girl tomorrow....

---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 21st January 2010, 10:34 am

DAY#41

Good Morning Ladies!!!

The split end issue is still bothering me...I'm trying to decide on whether to abort the planned hair out weekend (scheduled for the second weekend in February) and just do it this weekend! Ugghhh! I'm still busy with school applications, but with length retention as a goal high on my list - I don't want to stunt my growth! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_evil

With my hair being in cornrows (except the very front) and wearing my girls daily, maybe the splits won't continue because of low manipulation...

Decisions, decisions! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_scratch

I'm due to co-wash tomorrow night so, I'll make a decision by then.
In the meantime, I'll take Chicoro's "Grow it" book to work and see if it addresses split ends at all.

TODAY's GIRL: SANI
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Img_1711
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Img_1712

I put a bit of powder on her to dull her shine, but she still photographed pretty shiny! This is one of my budget girls: $10!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st January 2010, 11:08 am

Wow very nice Budget Girl ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st January 2010, 11:14 am

Are you moisturizing regularly? I saw a difference in the amount of splits when I started doing that.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st January 2010, 11:21 am

Just checking in to see how you are holding up....you can do it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 21st January 2010, 11:34 am

Tiashauntee: I probably need to incorporate more moisturizing. I have moisturizers, but don't use them very regularly! I use a homemade moisturizing spritz(diluted conditioner, and olive oil) but maybe that's not enough. I also try to put shea butter on my ends frequently.

Sweetdrk1: I'm hanging in there. Admittedly, I have indulged in RedBull. After not being myself (headaches, irritable, and queezy) on day one of my "RedBull Cold Turkey Mission" I've decided to wean myself...I had two yesterday and one this morning. I'm trying, but clearly it's a struggle. It must be reaking havoc on my body, not to mention my hair. Caffeine overload is not good!

----Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st January 2010, 11:40 am

Freestyles wrote:Tiashauntee: I probably need to incorporate more moisturizing. I have moisturizers, but don't use them very regularly! I use a homemade moisturizing spritz(diluted conditioner, and olive oil) but maybe that's not enough. I also try to put shea butter on my ends frequently.

Try doing it regularly and see if that makes a difference. I am actually doing it twice a day now because the weather is crazy dry and my hair is loving it. You may also want to try baggying at night. That helped me out in the beginning before I developed a routine.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2010, 3:04 pm

Come on now, remember to moisturize and sleep in your bonnet and/or on a satin pillowcase. Moisture is key to avoiding those split ends, you know this (heard Pat from Why Did I Get Married? when I typed). You don't want us to get you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 3:27 pm

My vote may not count but I say get rid of the split ends. They are not gonna help you anyway with your goal ~ length retention. Oh and get you a satin pillowcase too since you and your bonnet are on bad terms... Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize....(taking my own advice here)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 21st January 2010, 3:39 pm

Reese, I definitely think weaning is much better than cold turkey. I think cold turkey can lead to relapse quicker because you cant deal with the side effects of withdrawal. One or two a day is much better than the 5-6 you had the other day.

Okay ladies help me out...when you guys say to moisturize, what do you mean exactly? I spray daily with my aloe grow mixture then rub oil over my twists. Is this moisturizing/sealing or should I be doing more?
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st January 2010, 3:52 pm

adiaha wrote:Okay ladies help me out...when you guys say to moisturize, what do you mean exactly? I spray daily with my aloe grow mixture then rub oil over my twists. Is this moisturizing/sealing or should I be doing more?

That is EXACTLY what I do!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 3:57 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
adiaha wrote:Okay ladies help me out...when you guys say to moisturize, what do you mean exactly? I spray daily with my aloe grow mixture then rub oil over my twists. Is this moisturizing/sealing or should I be doing more?

That is EXACTLY what I do!

As soon as my no buy challenge is over, I have gonna get the ingredients to make me some aloe grow.

As you know some products (homemade or commerical) are more moisturizing than others. I like to moisturize with my shea butter mix (which I need to make another batch of). I dont have to wonder if it is moisturizing enough. If the aloe grow mixture is working for you, keep using it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 21st January 2010, 10:28 pm

Thanks ladies, I have a satin pillowcase so I guess I'll have to put it to use. I'll trim when I do my next curlformers set. I was planning on doing a twist out for my weekend hair out, but that will probably have to wait. With application, dry time and trimming curl by curl, this may be the longest curlformer set ever! Whatever, it will definitely be worth it...split ends = no-no!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 22nd January 2010, 10:49 am

DAY#42

Planning to co-wash tonight. My applications are going out this weekend (fingers crossed) so I'll be able to give my tresses a little more TLC. I also plan on getting back in the gym next week as well as revamping my diet. This will help my hair and scalp as well. You know what they say: you are what you eat! I'm going to check out this aloe grow that everyone is talking about and make sure I moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I'll keep you guys posted...I'll trim in two weeks!

TODAY's GIRL:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Img_1713
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Img_1714
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Img_1715
Another textured girl!!!

Have a great weekend ladies! I'll be actively on everyone's thread like I used to be next week!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd January 2010, 10:55 am

I love that textured lady!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 22nd January 2010, 11:00 am

Thanks Tiashauntee!

I've had her for a little while...but she's not named, any suggestions??

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd January 2010, 11:07 am

"Cassie" is the first name that came to mind when I looked at her
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 22nd January 2010, 11:13 am

Well, there it is! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_cheers Okay ladies....

Today's Girl: CASSIE Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin

Named by Tiashauntee! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 678474

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 11:49 am

I like Cassie!!! Tia is the best at naming hair! LOL!

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 Icon_cheers for mailing off applications this weekend!!

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 17 678474 for changing your diet and getting back in the gym!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2010, 4:00 pm

I adore Cassie!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 22nd January 2010, 9:10 pm

Cassie says thank you and so do I!!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 23rd January 2010, 11:51 pm

DAY #43

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I almost forgot to post today! Not much happening on the hair front. Still dry, still finding split ends, and I haven't co-washed yet. Boooooooo!!! I may purchase an Aphogee Protein Treatment tomorrow. We'll see.

Still pushing out these applications...

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next