CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by SheeTacular 17th January 2010, 5:08 am

CONGRATS on the win!

You will do great and will be in my prayers.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by vmichelle 17th January 2010, 1:23 pm

Congrats Soror!!! I will DEF be definitely praying for you. You know Deltas are COLLEGE educated women so you GOT this!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 17th January 2010, 2:32 pm

Congrats of your win!!!!!!!!!!!! dance
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th January 2010, 6:46 pm

DAY#37

Hey, Hey, Hey!

I rinsed the AussieMoist out today...it was in my hair FOREVER! A real deep condition!

SPEAKING OF DEEP CONDITIONING:
I read in this forum (not sure what thread) that deep conditioning/ deep treatment is a myth. No additional benefits are gained by leaving conditioner on longer than 10-15 minutes because the hair shaft swells and cannot accept more moisture? This isn't what I read word for word but something like that...any thoughts?
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_scratch

Personally, on some days I leave conditioner on under my girls, sometimes overnight, and even under my hooded dryer sometimes for "deep conditioning benefits." Whether it helps or not...I'm not sure. Maybe that would be a good question for our resident chemist DaJewel.....
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Confused

Back to my tresses:
Added some BNB Shea Butter to my ends and edges and sprayed some Infusium 23 Leave-In throughout. Tonight I'll add some BeeMine Serum to my scalp.

BTW, I'm still grinding out these applications for law school Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_study ...I won't hear back for the next 12-16 weeks! A definite waiting game! Thanks for all of your prayers and support, it means so much to me that my virtual friends and sisters "have my back!" THANKS! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 879602

---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th January 2010, 8:28 pm

Freestyles wrote:SPEAKING OF DEEP CONDITIONING:
I read in this forum (not sure what thread) that deep conditioning/ deep treatment is a myth. No additional benefits are gained by leaving conditioner on longer than 10-15 minutes because the hair shaft swells and cannot accept more moisture? This isn't what I read word for word but something like that...any thoughts?

Personally, on some days I leave conditioner on under my girls, sometimes overnight, and even under my hooded dryer sometimes for "deep conditioning benefits." Whether it helps or not...I'm not sure. Maybe that would be a good question for our resident chemist DaJewel.....
dajewel did touch on it here.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 17th January 2010, 9:47 pm

just logged in &&& had to say CONGRATS Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 17th January 2010, 11:14 pm

congrats on your win
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th January 2010, 1:24 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Freestyles wrote:SPEAKING OF DEEP CONDITIONING:

dajewel did touch on it here.

It's funny. I have DC my hair so much that I don't even use a leave in anymore. After I wash out my DC, I just use my whipped shea/oil mix on the wet hair and style. I haven't noticed any change of moisture or frizziness. It's pretty amazing. I guess you just have to give the hair what it needs, then back off once you see it has had enough. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 18th January 2010, 1:48 pm

Hey Reese!

Congrats on your win doll and good luck with your law school apps. The waiting game can be hard but you know you got it!

~Sav
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 12:27 am

Day#38

My hair is a little dry. Sprayed some of my homemade spritz and hope that helps. Definitely going to get back to rubbing shea butter all over. I need to give my tresses a little more TLC, including a satin bonnet. After one week, my cornrows are frizzy because I go to bed with nothing covering my head!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Kopfschuettel

I selected Shea Butter for my Winner Winner Chicken Dinner prize. I chose Fruits on the Beach, a scent I already own but I'm seriously in love with!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_lol

CONFESSION TIME: I'm addicted to RedBull! No really...I'm serious. I feel like an old man drinking beer after work, lol! I wake up - Red Bull. After work, relax with two or three RedBulls! I seem to not be affected by the caffeine because I go straight to bed after drinking them! I actually enjoy the taste! I drink the sugar free variety, so calories aren't an issue but this just can't be healthy! I'm so ashamed! I've had about 6 or 7 of them today - I buy them by the case! Okay, now that I got that off my chest I feel much better.
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_redface

Thanks FemmeFox! My application process is coming along, I have my recommendations in order, my resume created, personal statement written, and diversity statement in the works. I have to finalize everything and make a few tweaks here and there, but hopefully I'll get these applications out sometime this week. I'm so behind because schools start accepting applications back in October! That's okay though...I keep pushing!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_bounce

I must admit - I'm exhausted from the entire process!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Sleep

Until tomorrow ladies....

A new girl is in store...

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 19th January 2010, 12:35 am

Congrats!!!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 19th January 2010, 1:00 am

Okay, so I though my hubby was bad with the energy drinks, but 6-7 in one day, that does sound bad...have you tried to find something that may taste like it that may be caffeine free. Even if you don't feel affected by it I worry that you would have withdrawals if you stopped drinking them.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 1:18 am

Notthecoolmom, you are so right! I've only been hard and heavy on the RedBulls for about a month, so I hope I haven't developed such a tolerance to cause withdrawal. I drink coffee too !Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_evil

I think after my last case (about 15 left I think) I will simply refuse to buy anymore. It will be hard, but RedBull is an expensive habit to maintain! What's your husband's energy drink of choice? (Wow, that sounds like such an addict question, lol!)

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 19th January 2010, 1:24 am

Freestyles wrote:Notthecoolmom, you are so right! I've only been hard and heavy on the RedBulls for about a month, so I hope I haven't developed such a tolerance to cause withdrawal. I drink coffee too !Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_evil

I think after my last case (about 15 left I think) I will simply refuse to buy anymore. It will be hard, but RedBull is an expensive habit to maintain! What's your husband's energy drink of choice? (Wow, that sounds like such an addict question, lol!)

Yes that does seem like a heavy habit for a month, but with any drug you can have major effects in a short amount of time. Coffee too, goodness, do you drink water during the day? I would like your kidneys would be killing you. He usually gets Rockstar (I think that's the name), but he'll drink almost all of them. I think they stink personally and I think I've only tasted Red Bull. You may want to curve your habit slowly because withdrawals could include headaches.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 1:34 am

Doesn't the water in the RedBull count? Just kidding! I usually try to get in my 8 cups of water a day, sometimes more. Today I only had about 5 cups, my RedBull, and a Coke. Good news: No coffee today!

I'll keep you posted on my rehab process, lol! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Icon_pale

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th January 2010, 2:04 am

Reese...you better start weaning yourself now. Caffeine withdrawal is no joke. I havent experienced it personally but I have a friend that tried to give up Coke. She was physically sick...headache, shakes..it was bad.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 2:10 am

Oh Lord, now I'm scared LynnieLuve! Okay....Tuesday's plan: One RedBull in the AM, One RedBull in the PM. Water throughout the day...no sodas! No coffee! Okay, maybe one cup of coffee...

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 12:06 pm

Day#39

Nothing much today...homemade spritz, ic gel on my edges, shea butter on my ends and olive oil on my scalp. I also put a little mousse on my girl...something I rarely do, but she needed it!

TODAYS GIRL: ROXANNE!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Img_1617
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Img_1618
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 16 Img_1710

BTW, proud to report no RedBull or coffee today so far!
Have a fantastic day!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th January 2010, 2:29 pm

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 3:32 pm

ThaƱks CocaColaCutie! Still no RedBull! Or Coffee! But I did start on a Diet Dr. Pepper....oh well.

---Reese.
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 19th January 2010, 5:05 pm

Im late but good luck with the law school application process (and kicking the caffeine/red bull habit).
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 6:46 pm

Thanks Adiaha!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 19th January 2010, 10:26 pm

Way to go...do you feel any different without you Redbulls?
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 11:28 pm

Yea girl, I'm miserable! Headache CITY! I'm pretty sure it's withdrawals...hoping it's not though.

I eyed my RedBulls a few minutes ago, I decided to pass.

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th January 2010, 11:30 pm

You can do it! I kicked the Pepsi habit right before I did my BC back in August. Sis it was hard on me, I could smell it someone was drinking it around me. But I did it, I don't dring soda period now...so hang in there!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next