CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

+44
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
Cherry: extraordinary!
funkyhairchic
MrsSunshinz
BajanPrincess82
QuietButterfly
LadyMika
NhappyJackie
curlsunfurled
tamtam7
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
krazy coils
Nikcoils
wyldhoney
Hurricane Curly
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
thetiffany
rayray19
poeticlyspkng
freckledmom4
cyclingchick
SheeTacular
kinksncurls
mstokes2008
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
FemmeFox
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
48 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 4 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by wyldhoney 7th January 2011, 10:18 am

That's an awesome updo! I need to practice my flat-twisting, I can do it on other heads but not on my own. And to do it in the back and upwards? Fuggeddaboutit! Great job to you indeed.

Your hair look super moisturized; I love the curly bangs in the front.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 4 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2011, 12:47 pm

See now you are just showing off! That looks FAB!!! and you are working that eye shadow! I see those brows too! Okaaaayy (in my Wendy Williams voice)

Good morning KNH! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 1:14 pm

wyldhoney wrote:That's an awesome updo! I need to practice my flat-twisting, I can do it on other heads but not on my own. And to do it in the back and upwards? Fuggeddaboutit! Great job to you indeed.

Your hair look super moisturized; I love the curly bangs in the front.

Thanks wyldhoney...

It is super moisturized!!! I spritz my hair every other day with a spritz I bought from Darcy's. I think in another posting I indicted that the sprizt was from Qhemet, but it's one I ordered from Darcy's and I love it!!! It doesn't leave my hair and scalp with a residue feeling...you know what I mean? When I take my flat twists down for a twist out my hair is soooo soft!! drunken

The weird thing is I get the best twist out from flat twists, but not individual 2 strand twists... confused

I like the bangs too, because my hair in the front has a ways to go growth wise..so it looks funny to me when I leave it twisted!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 1:17 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:See now you are just showing off! That looks FAB!!! and you are working that eye shadow! I see those brows too! Okaaaayy (in my Wendy Williams voice)

Good morning KNH! lol!

LOL Morning Sweet!!!

Thanks hon!! I'm having fun with my make-up!! I love my "ana brow pencil" I will NOT do my brows without it!!! I went to Sephora last night and it took me so long to find a parking spot by the time I got to the door they were closed!!! Sad

Now I know I don't need anything, but I wanted to try Sephora's lip gloss. Nubie swears by it, and it is half the cost of MAC's. I guess time was not on my side!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th January 2011, 1:40 pm

Hey friend I love the hair and you are looking cute. I see why you got what you got the other day. LMAO
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th January 2011, 2:15 pm

Your twsted updo is very cute. The Darcy's spritz you are referring to, is it the Daily Leave In Herbal Spritz? I got it and never figured out exactly how to use it.

Do you saturate your hair or just spray a little and go?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:00 am

CrissyQ wrote:Hey friend I love the hair and you are looking cute. I see why you got what you got the other day. LMAO

LOL...you know I realized that this picture was taken that day which was Wednesday!!! Yeah I guess that might have had something to do with it!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:04 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Your twsted updo is very cute. The Darcy's spritz you are referring to, is it the Daily Leave In Herbal Spritz? I got it and never figured out exactly how to use it.

Do you saturate your hair or just spray a little and go?

Thanks Dva, and the that's the spritz I'm referring to.

I use it to detangle as well as to refresh my twist throughout the week.

When I detangle I really saturate my hair, but when I refresh my twist I spray a good amount..not saturated but enough to hydrate my hair. I've been using it consistently now for 2 or 3 weeks and I really like it better than Oyin's spritz!!

Also, I found that water, jojoba oil with peppermint oil is a great spritz as well!!! drunken
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:43 am

Morning Curlies...

I'm up watching TV church Pastor Terry Anderson & Pastor Ralph West. Trying to get my church in cause it is raining cats and dogs this morning. So I am going to update my thread.

Not much going on with Penny...still in the updo that I did last week and my scalp is still feeling great. I hope I can get a few more days out of this style, because twisting takes time now. I guess I'm getting lazy.

So I thought I would update everyone on a few things.

My steamer:
I know I said that I wanted to purchase a steamer from Christmas, but I've been using my friend's steamer and I like it but I've only used it 2 or 3 times. I like the way the steamer made my hair feel, but it was additional time into my regiment, and I believe it was worth it. However, since I've been using Qhemet's heavy cream as a pre-poo or pre-dc, and then detangling before I shampoo I haven't had to use the steamer.

I've gone back to using my heat cap when I DC, and I really like the look and feel of my hair now!! So I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a steamer. I don't want to spend that kind of money to have the steamer sit up and collect dust like the one I'm using now is doing.

My self-imposed twist challenge:
Well I'm going into the 8th week of my twist challenge, and I can say I really see the benefits of protective styling. My hair is growing, I'm retaining length, and my hair is getting sooo thick!!!! I am a believer that low maintenance will prompt healthy hair as well as encourage growth!!!

Hair and More:
So as you know by now...I'm LOVING my hair!! So now I've got that out of the way!!! I decided to participate in TheMopTopMaven's Growth Challenge. I am interested in learning more about ayurvedic products. I use AfroVeda products which most of her butters are made with ayurvedic products so my regiment will not need much tweaking. I hope to get to SL hair all over by the end of this year. So wish me luck!!

Well that's it for this week. I'll be back to update my thread if there are any more changes with me or Penny!!

Have a great week ladies!!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 10th January 2011, 3:16 pm

Hey KNH! Haven't stopped by in awhile. Penny is looking good as usual. Good job on being in week 8 of your twist challenge! Where do you get your updo ideas from or do you just kinda wing it and come up with all of these cute styles? lol I need to really work on my flat twisting skills :smh:

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 4:11 pm

Hey KNH!

Happy New Year love! Penny is looking fabulous! I'm so glad that your teist challenge is working for you. I've also started protective styling my hair more to help me gain and retain more length as well as to cut down on my styling time in the morning. I like doing my hair once or twice a month and then just doing weekly maintenance. I am keeping up on your blog as well, good job! Your updo looks fab! I can see you'll be doin it big in 2011!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 4:27 pm

Happy growing with your twist challenge and the hair growth challenge i know you can do it.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 11th January 2011, 1:16 am

That flat twist up do is poppiN!! I love it!! I need to do an updo soon!!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th January 2011, 1:35 am

Hey KNH how are you? How do you use the Qhemets heavy cream as a pre-poo? I've used it to baggy overnight but I haven't used it to pre-poo. Is it the only thing you use or do you add anything else?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 13th January 2011, 11:36 pm

Hey KNH!

So you have been listening to my pastor. You should come visit us at Lilly Grove.

I will be at the meetup on Saturday. I hope to see you there.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th January 2011, 3:45 am

OMG...that updo is FABULOUS cheers

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th January 2011, 9:20 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey KNH! Haven't stopped by in awhile. Penny is looking good as usual. Good job on being in week 8 of your twist challenge! Where do you get your updo ideas from or do you just kinda wing it and come up with all of these cute styles? lol I need to really work on my flat twisting skills :smh:

Hi Mstokes...

Where have you been girl?? Are you getting ready to leave, or have you left yet? Staying twisted 8 weeks has really been good for Penny. I get all of my updo styles from KeKe's YouTube channel. Our hair is similar (hers a bit thicker than mine) and she's using some of the same products that I do. This last style didn't quite turn out like her style, but it turn out okay!!! I've always been able to flat twist somewhat, so I'm just trying to perfect my technique!!

Hope all is well with you!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th January 2011, 9:22 am

Nikcoils wrote:Happy growing with your twist challenge and the hair growth challenge i know you can do it.

Hi Nikcoils...

Thanks for the encouragement; I finally realize the benefits of protective styling. On another note...I'm loving you hair!!! I knew that it was long, but honey it is just beautiful!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th January 2011, 9:34 am

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:That flat twist up do is poppiN!! I love it!! I need to do an updo soon!!

Hey Scrug...thanks sweetie. I know you can do it. You are the princess of styles!!!

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH how are you? How do you use the Qhemets heavy cream as a pre-poo? I've used it to baggy overnight but I haven't used it to pre-poo. Is it the only thing you use or do you add anything else?

Hey KC...

I'm doing okay...just busy and trying to get my oldest son back to school. I use the heavy cream as a pre-poo if I add oils first and a little heavy cream. Mostly I've been using it as an over-night DC and then I detangle with the product still in using as spritz I have from Darcy's. HTH

coilykinks wrote:Hey KNH!

So you have been listening to my pastor. You should come visit us at Lilly Grove.

I will be at the meetup on Saturday. I hope to see you there.

Hey CK

I do get to see him from time to time. I really enjoyed his message Sunday. "Knowing your Season" awesome!!!

Yes I will be at the meetup Saturday. I will see you then!!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:OMG...that updo is FABULOUS cheers

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Smile

Thanks IB!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th January 2011, 9:49 am

Morning...TGIF run

This has been a very interesting week; nevertheless it's Friday and I'm looking forward to this 3 day weekend.

I'm taking my oldest son back to school Sunday, but the highlight of my weekend will be the Houston CN meet-up. Not sure who all will be there, but I will make sure to take plenty of pictures so I can share with you guys!!

Check this out.......11 days and Penny is still twisted. dance

My scalp is doing great, and there isn't that much frizz going on. (well it is kinda frizzy but it still looks good) I think today will be the last day for my twist updo. I would like to wear a twist out for the meet-up Saturday; then a puff when I hit I-10 to take my son back to school Sunday. (hope Penny will cooperate)

I've only used light oils on my hair/scalp the past two weeks, so I guess that helped with the build-up and contributed to the fact I didn't feel the urge to co-wash/shampoo.

There's not a lot going on with me other than still playing with my make-up.

So if I don't get back soon, I just want to wish everyone a Happy MLK Day!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 14th January 2011, 11:04 am

Hey sis!! Glad all is well Smile

what kind of oils are you using?

Have a great weekend!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th January 2011, 1:51 pm

Travel safe and have fun at the meet up!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th January 2011, 2:33 pm

Safe travels and have a great weekend. Enjoy the meet-up.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th January 2011, 2:40 pm

Hey girl!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th January 2011, 2:57 pm

Hey KNH!

How you doin'? ;-)

Take care and be safe on the road...you know folks cannot drive! pale
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next