CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

+44
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
Cherry: extraordinary!
funkyhairchic
MrsSunshinz
BajanPrincess82
QuietButterfly
LadyMika
NhappyJackie
curlsunfurled
tamtam7
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
krazy coils
Nikcoils
wyldhoney
Hurricane Curly
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
thetiffany
rayray19
poeticlyspkng
freckledmom4
cyclingchick
SheeTacular
kinksncurls
mstokes2008
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
FemmeFox
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
48 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by AfrikanLatina 18th March 2011, 5:38 pm

Your hair is looking amazing KNH. I love all the protective styles. I have yet to try bangs but you may have just motivated me to do so Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2011, 8:57 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Your hair is looking amazing KNH. I love all the protective styles. I have yet to try bangs but you may have just motivated me to do so Smile

Hey ALatina...

I've missed you so. How are you feeling? I've enjoyed doing protective styles so that I think I will make that my go to style. I love bangs they hide my thin temples...LOL

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2011, 9:00 am

Well....I just got a chance to come back and update my henna results. Well...I must keep this in mind....NEVER change my henna mixture again!

Now I've read where other curlies used green tea, but THAT mixture doesn't work for me. I did add honey and EVOO to the mixture before I applied to my hair. I left the henna on for about 6 hours, but while the mixture was on my scalp felt kinda or rather very itchy the entire time.

Now....when I rinsed off the henna my hair was very soft which is a first; but the dye didn't release so I have a very interesting color now. It's not too bad, but I will do another henna in about 2 weeks to get the color I'm looking for. Anyway my hair does feel GREAT!!! So it wasn't all a bust!!

Have a great weekend ladies!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th March 2011, 12:18 pm

Hey KNH!
Sorry to hear you didn't get the color you wanted. I find that it's hit or miss for me too, especially on my grey. I may have to try the lemon juice because I ususally use tea. I was trying to stretch my henna sessions out to once a month, but my grey is not tryna get with that plan. You are getting really good at flat twisting and I love the bun.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th March 2011, 12:57 pm

I have yet to try the henna and stuff! I am so intimidated and I don't know why. It's times like these that I miss my BFF she would do it for me, no questions asked!

So I am happy it feels good even though you didn't get the color you wanted. Enjoy the weather!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th March 2011, 6:40 pm

So sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. At least you can try again and it's not permanent.

Have a great weekend.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2011, 12:08 am

Oh sorry about your henna experience with color. Hair feeling great is a plus though.

I would suggest doing it again using your old mixture very soon, like next week or in 2 weeks. bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st March 2011, 6:08 pm

Hey KNH! I know what you are saying about the henna. I found out that the ACV as the acid works better for me so I don't plan on changing it. I have had good results.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2011, 2:58 pm

Hey girlfriend! Man, I'm so off my henna game! I think because I'm thinking of getting some real color. I want some highlights I think I've decided. That would make me happy. Then I'll try the henna again.

Hoping all is well your way. You survived the twist challenge and that was no small feat. Go girl!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th March 2011, 12:45 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey KNH!
Sorry to hear you didn't get the color you wanted. I find that it's hit or miss for me too, especially on my grey. I may have to try the lemon juice because I ususally use tea. I was trying to stretch my henna sessions out to once a month, but my grey is not tryna get with that plan. You are getting really good at flat twisting and I love the bun.

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have yet to try the henna and stuff! I am so intimidated and I don't know why. It's times like these that I miss my BFF she would do it for me, no questions asked!

So I am happy it feels good even though you didn't get the color you wanted. Enjoy the weather!

BlondeByDesire wrote:So sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. At least you can try again and it's not permanent.

Have a great weekend.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Oh sorry about your henna experience with color. Hair feeling great is a plus though.

I would suggest doing it again using your old mixture very soon, like next week or in 2 weeks. bounce

SheeTacular wrote:Hey KNH! I know what you are saying about the henna. I found out that the ACV as the acid works better for me so I don't plan on changing it. I have had good results.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey girlfriend! Man, I'm so off my henna game! I think because I'm thinking of getting some real color. I want some highlights I think I've decided. That would make me happy. Then I'll try the henna again.

Hoping all is well your way. You survived the twist challenge and that was no small feat. Go girl!

Hi Ladies

So I've co-washed since my last post, and my henna color is really interesting. I don't know what color it is, but it sure is pretty...LOL Isn't it funny how mistakes can turn out good?

@Poetic..that twist challenge was just what it was a challenge, but I'm so glad I did it. I really see the benefits of protective styles. Next winter I will just do protective styles and not lock myself into just twists!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th March 2011, 12:50 pm

It's hard to post from work now because the CN site uploads very slowly. Not sure if its my server at work or what, but I just wanted to pop in and let y'all see my bun!!! Yep.....I gotta bun; well with the help of some jumbo braid hair..ROTFL

Anyway...it's kinda cute and very easy. Just wanted to share a picture I took today with my phone. I took this picture for the make-up thread cause I thought my make-up was so on point today, (well a least I think so...lol) but I thought I would share in my thread as well...it's kinda dark so I hope you can see the bun

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 12 Mail11

I'll be able to catch up with everyone this weekend.

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th March 2011, 2:46 pm

Looks good ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 24th March 2011, 3:08 pm

SO pretty!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th March 2011, 4:00 pm

hey girl, thats cute!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 24th March 2011, 10:10 pm

Cute bun!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th March 2011, 11:07 pm

Your bun looks good....very classic and stylish! Love it.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 25th March 2011, 2:51 am

I wanna bun too bounce
This, along with an afro kinky curly quickweave is on my to-do list.

It looks fab, is this from MsVCharles?

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 3:14 am

LOOKS GREAT!

Next time take a pic of the back so we can see the bun itself too.

VERY PRETTY Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th March 2011, 9:30 am

Nice bun. If I didn't know, I'd think it was yours.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th March 2011, 1:06 pm

love your channel
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 25th March 2011, 2:02 pm

i love the bun too, and it def looks like its yours!!!

have a great weekend sis!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th March 2011, 2:31 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looks good ...

freckledmom4 wrote:SO pretty!

CrissyQ wrote:hey girl, thats cute!

cyclingchick wrote:Cute bun!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Your bun looks good....very classic and stylish! Love it.

Thanks ladies....this style right here (in my Katt Williams voice) is going to make me very lazy!!! LOL

.:Eden:. wrote:I wanna bun too bounce
This, along with an afro kinky curly quickweave is on my to-do list.

It looks fab, is this from MsVCharles?

Hey Eden.....

Yes ma'am right from MsVCharles and MsRosevelt's channel!! I love MsVCharles channel; don't you!! You can so do a bun...just a a pack of jumbo braid hair...lol

Intelligentbeauty wrote:LOOKS GREAT!

Next time take a pic of the back so we can see the bun itself too.

VERY PRETTY Smile

I meant to last night, but I was so drained from some parking lot drama I forgot!!! smh I'll post a picture of the back tonight!

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Nice bun. If I didn't know, I'd think it was yours.

Hey BPrincess....it doe look my hair. Even Xander likes it and he never likes my hair. lol

Nikcoils wrote:love your channel

awww thanks Nikcoils, I'm having fun when I can get a vido done!! lol

BrownSkinDiva wrote:i love the bun too, and it def looks like its yours!!!

have a great weekend sis!

Hey Sis...thanks hun...you have a great weekend as well!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th March 2011, 6:16 pm

Hi KNH!

That bun is cute! I may have to cop that style for lazy weeks. I wish I could watch YouTube at work (seems like that's the only time I'm not busy, lol). Can't wait to see that back. How long are you planning on wearing it?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th March 2011, 9:21 am

FemmeFox wrote:Hi KNH!

That bun is cute! I may have to cop that style for lazy weeks. I wish I could watch YouTube at work (seems like that's the only time I'm not busy, lol). Can't wait to see that back. How long are you planning on wearing it?

Hey FemmeFox...

Well....I had planned to wear this style for a week, but Xander has to drill today and I have to wear my uniform (I'm a matron) which requires I wear a hat. Something told me last night to try the hat on and it would fix. So I co-washed and did flat twists on the side and a side bun. I plan to shampoo and DC tonight...so maybe I'll go back to the bun.

Oh...I mailed your package...sending you a PM now!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th March 2011, 10:20 am

Love the bun! Work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next