CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th June 2010, 8:27 am

Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:***shame***

Ok I will only purchase what I need and that has already been done.. KNH opened my eyes I am done..

No shame KT, but I have got to get a grip. If someone mentions a product...there I go to the website or store to buy. I've found what works...so why do I keep searching? I realized about 5 years ago I was an emotional shopper. I was doing good with traveljunkie's stash your cash challenge...then my nephew got killed and I'm been shopping since!! Embarassed

So...I need to reel myself in to save me from myself....LOL

I was watching Oprah yesterday, and it was one of her debt diet shows, and the debt expert said a lot of times we just because we feel "less than" and feel that having more stuff will make us feel better, or something like that. I'm trying to think if I do that, I usually stop shopping for a particular item once I find something that works, the problem is sometimes that thing stops working and then you're shopping again (like face stuff). ~shrug~

Muz...I know what you mean. Products I tried when I did my bc do not work for me now. I tried Uncle Funky's Curly Magic about 6 months ago, but didn't like the results so I had to try something else. It's all trial and error, but I'm trying everything without acknowledging or waiting on the error part...LOL

Hi Nubie!

Hey Nubie!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th June 2010, 2:11 pm

The shoes are sick I think i would have had a hard time with letting them go to. I actually have a pair that are almost the same that I love from Jessica Simpson. jus dropped in to say hey
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th June 2010, 12:30 am

nubie!!!!!! I see you've fallen off the wagon, but i think it's so sweet and generous of you to give away your products to those that are just starting out on their journey. kudos to you! Smile

i didn't read through all of your thread, but i saw something about you moving into your new house. congrats!!!

by the way, your hair looks fantastic and so do you.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th June 2010, 12:15 pm

Hey Nubie! Just read your vent and I couldn't agree more. It's such a shame how some of our people tend to settle for less and don't even realize their potential. I've heard the "act white, talk white" nonsense just about all my life. It's ignorance like that just turns me completely off.

Those shoes are cute! I woulda passed on them, too, though. I've been doing so good and so disciplined when it comes to shopping lately. I've hidden my credit cards from myself so that's helped me a great deal. I seriously have no idea where I put them! Mission accomplished...I guess.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

nubienatty Empty HAPPY NUBIE YEAR

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 1:46 pm

@cg; yea good idea to "hide" em **starting treasure hunt** i tried that one time and it didnt work, lol.

@HEEEEEEEEEEY TJ!! where u been? i love the southeast ponytail u got goin on (im sure my dmv laydeez know what a soufeast pony is nubienatty Icon_wink )

@priceless; it was definitely a toughy to pass em up...esp more than once at that.

so yesterday, i pre-poo'd w/my shikakai n amla mix (not my afroveda shikakai but the one from bnb) remember i cant stand the soy sauce/monkey ballz smell from it so i gotta mix it. i actually pre-poo'd all day n threw it in a puff; after a half day of chuck e. cheese n target shopping, i finally settled in after 8p n started pooin n etc.

boy oh boy...ive had my hair OUT for the past 2-3 days so i just knew my detangling session would take me a minute but i sectioned off n began to dc with whats left of my tui smoothie. i scrapped that thing bonnnne dry! but anyhoo, i let it sit for an hour n proceeded to hop in the shower to rinse. i really didnt need to add condish afterwards but i added some kbb deep cond anywayz. i had no time to chunky twist so i just sectioned n went to bed...

finished my chunky twist at work n tomorrow i will take em down n maybe pin up the sides or something. i just know i need to get in the habit of protective styles more and not wearing my hair out so much without re-twisting at night. i was so lazy this week!

nubienatty Green110

Last edited by NubieNatty on 1st January 2011, 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th June 2010, 3:33 pm

Cute pic the makeup looks good in your pic!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th June 2010, 7:01 pm

Look at you....makeup all cute even in casual mode. I like the scarf you used to tie your hair back. Nice pic.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 9:26 pm

SO I just came to realization that I am a emotional shopper to. I mad at the world I shop, things aint going rite and i failed at something I shop. I get a new hobby and seen the effects that it had on other people I shop. I guess I need to get a grip to
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th June 2010, 12:27 am

NubieNatty wrote:@cg; yea good idea to "hide" em **starting treasure hunt** i tried that one time and it didnt work, lol.

@HEEEEEEEEEEY TJ!! where u been? i love the southeast ponytail u got goin on (im sure my dmv laydeez know what a soufeast pony is nubienatty Icon_wink )

@priceless; it was definitely a toughy to pass em up...esp more than once at that.

so yesterday, i pre-poo'd w/my shikakai n amla mix (not my afroveda shikakai but the one from bnb) remember i cant stand the soy sauce/monkey ballz smell from it so i gotta mix it. i actually pre-poo'd all day n threw it in a puff; after a half day of chuck e. cheese n target shopping, i finally settled in after 8p n started pooin n etc.

boy oh boy...ive had my hair OUT for the past 2-3 days so i just knew my detangling session would take me a minute but i sectioned off n began to dc with whats left of my tui smoothie. i scrapped that thing bonnnne dry! but anyhoo, i let it sit for an hour n proceeded to hop in the shower to rinse. i really didnt need to add condish afterwards but i added some kbb deep cond anywayz. i had no time to chunky twist so i just sectioned n went to bed...

finished my chunky twist at work n tomorrow i will take em down n maybe pin up the sides or something. i just know i need to get in the habit of protective styles more and not wearing my hair out so much without re-twisting at night. i was so lazy this week!

nubienatty Green110

Nubie, you are so cute!!

I agree it's very sweet of you to give away your products. I saw Oprah too and am actually on a new budget myself.

Still, I wouldn't have passed up the shoes. Sorry!

And family can be HIGHLY OVERRATED!!! extended is better 'cause they ain't all up in your face. (not my sis of course, but the rest of 'em....DOT DOT DOT.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:29 am

Beautiful picture! Makeup looks real good.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:59 am

Hey Nubie! I just realized I've never posted in your thread. How'd that happen? nubienatty Icon_scratch

Anywho, the makeup is looking fab! nubienatty Herz it!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th June 2010, 1:47 pm

Hey Nubie,

Just stopping by to check in and see what's new with you. I started using my Hairveda products. I used the Whipped Gelly today. Jury is still out. I think my hair just dried about 30 mins ago. Love love love the smells of the products. Trying to see how I like the results. I'm going to do like you and give a few more tries. If I'm still not thrilled it's on to the next one. I'm like you too, I'm stingy and don't want to let my stuff go but that makes me hold on to things I really don't need. If it doesn't work I'll definitely be passing it onto someone else.

TTYL
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 2:41 pm

Nubie you are working that make up love it!! So natural!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th June 2010, 4:19 pm

hey I sent you a PM.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 14th June 2010, 4:23 pm

Nubie your skin is so lovely. I hope you know how fortunate you are to have such a clear complexion. I could never stand my friends who never got any pimples in high school lol. When you make your way to NC definitely let us North Carolinians know. Maybe we can meet for lunch or something Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 14th June 2010, 7:22 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Nubie your skin is so lovely. I hope you know how fortunate you are to have such a clear complexion. I could never stand my friends who never got any pimples in high school lol. When you make your way to NC definitely let us North Carolinians know. Maybe we can meet for lunch or something Smile

I know!! Let's send her some chocolate, chips and soda!!! We'll stop this nonsense right away!!! tongue
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 10:52 pm

ooooo Mrs Nubie they tryin to sabotage your pretty skin , watch out !!! lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 14th June 2010, 11:08 pm

Nubie-thats a great picture. You are so pretty, and I love the makeup!

Gon' witcha bad self.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th June 2010, 11:13 pm

Great makeup! You do have awesome skin. I've never had acne (pimples) either (thank God), but I have a myriad of other skin issues nubienatty Icon_neutral

and yes you definitely need to get up on that re-twist at night.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th June 2010, 11:39 pm

hey girly just dropping by
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th June 2010, 9:36 am

hey laydeez!! im tryin to recover from a wonderful wknd. i went to my gf's babyshower (she's havin a boy and namin him Mosiah or Messiah nubienatty Icon_neutral ...i can flat out say i DONT agree with that name but thats a whoooooole nother topic) and afterwards went to a cookout and seen old high school friends and foes, i love running into chix from hs who always thought they were the shyt now they just look like shyt nubienatty Icon_biggrin . im like ooook u hated on me for bein an under classmen and here we are 10 yrs later (for me) and 13 yrs later (for them) and ur now hangin wit these same under classmen nubienatty Icon_scratch !! lack of friends and confidence now and days????

"dmn homie...in high school u was the man homie, wtf happen to you"

It was hot n muggy and of course both parties were outside. i can only stand the heat for so long. my hair didnt mind but uh...im gettin old and hot flashes alone irritate me. i even hate when i wake up sweating nubienatty Icon_silent , im talkin grab a towel sweat which is so weird cuz i think its a dream til i roll over or somethin n notice my whole body is sweating nubienatty Icon_scratch , im too lazy to just hop up n get in the shower and as i wake up mad...next thing i know im sleep again...that fast nubienatty Confused

anyhoo, my chunky twist out turned out well, im gonna have to try to repeat this for my brothers graduation this wknd.

@swood & AL; thanx but my skin isnt always perfect (as you'll see in the pics comin up) i eat chocolate often, maybe TOO often but i dont drink soda's. i stopped really drinkin a few years ago cuz sprite was the only soda i drank but i got tired of how the bubbles filled me up n burnt my throat from drinkin it too fast so now i drink tea's and dilute my juices cuz i really only need a hint of flavor. i never could stand pepsi's n cola's nubienatty Kopfschuettel they taste disgusting...and i cant stand to see kids drinkin it...that irks me to nooooo end (which reminds me i need to post my newest vents n pet peeves)

speakin of bad azz kids, did yall see the boondocks ep wit that lil fat boy latarian milton "smokin wit cigarettes" one? well as i was actually crackin up at the episode, i was also pissed off cuz i just cant tolerate bad azz kids (if u havent seen it u MUST google this episode n video) but anyhoo, last night pammy pie had posted the real video of the real bad azz boy in which boondocks got the story from...now im even more pissed off that the epi is a TRUE STORY!! i watched the news story on yt n the first one was him not caring about stealin his grandma's truck and the 2nd was he was in the news AGAIN for beatin his grandmother up for not buyin his lil fat azz chicken and this lil ngglet only 7 yrs old nubienatty Icon_evil ; well i wont give away all the details but yall gotta see it...the more i talk about it the more mad im gonna get!!

so anyhoo, here's my pics from this wknd. i really try to keep it simple as far as my skin goes becuz its so hot n humid out. i make sure when i step out the shower i just put on a light coat of coconut oil in the am and at night i use my other butter (which i wake up with a nice glow)...

that one side was bein unruly so i threw it up
nubienatty Wkndha10

earrings from forever 21 ($3.80)
nubienatty Wkndh210

me today, its bigger but i've been tryin to keep up with re-twisting every night to avoid a matted mess when i wash nubienatty Icon_neutral
nubienatty Wkndh510

once again, THIS side just doesnt want to cooperate. its looks dry and just sticks out even though its clearly well moisturized.
nubienatty Wkndh410

I will make sure i remember to post my vents tomorrow. im uberly excited cuz i get to get some rest and fun with my fam thanx to my brother graduating so im lookin fwd to some grilled RIBS nubienatty Icon_razz (and just a tad bit of shopping...EEEK!!)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th June 2010, 9:55 am

Your hair looks great! (and I don't know your friend, but I agree about those names)

When I wore a twist out since BCing, the night before I wash I take a spray bottle of water and go through and de-tangle in 4 sections with my fingers before bed (that way I'm not rushing because I don't have anywhere to go ~lol~). So you take a part, spray it with water so it's damp (not soaking wet), and run my fingers through finding all of the tangles/shed hairs. After I detangle a part, I take some EVOO and put it on each part (as an overnight pre-poo) before putting it in a little puff to sleep. After I put them in the little puffs I cover it with a conditioning cap and my satin bonnet.

I find that this makes it MUCH easier to wash the following day, and I've gotten most, if not all, of the tangles out without pulling my hair out Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th June 2010, 11:09 am

thanx muz, i gotta try that one...its so weird to me now that im actually doin things in sections nubienatty Icon_eek time flies! which is why i miss my twa days becuz it was so much easier, now i gotta actually take out time...no EXTRA time wash n style! **sigh**

i seriously believe...after my one year anniversary come next summer....bianca will ALWAYS be in an updo cuz i cant stand the heat nubienatty Icon_evil
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th June 2010, 11:44 am

Hey Nubie love the hair in your pics and your makeup is really pretty!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 15th June 2010, 1:27 pm

hey nubie! ur package will be mailed on Saturday!!!!! love the pics girl!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next