CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

+44
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
Cherry: extraordinary!
funkyhairchic
MrsSunshinz
BajanPrincess82
QuietButterfly
LadyMika
NhappyJackie
curlsunfurled
tamtam7
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
krazy coils
Nikcoils
wyldhoney
Hurricane Curly
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
thetiffany
rayray19
poeticlyspkng
freckledmom4
cyclingchick
SheeTacular
kinksncurls
mstokes2008
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
FemmeFox
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
48 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by LaToya28 22nd December 2010, 4:43 pm

That Pink Friday looks great on you...very natural! Work it KNH!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by TheRYL1 23rd December 2010, 3:21 am

Hey KNH!

I like your up-do. :-)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 2:14 am

Thank you so much KNH!! I really want to try that updo but i dont know if my hair is long enough! And i will def Pm you!! LOL. Happy holidays! santa
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 24th December 2010, 2:05 pm

Love the updo!! What did you use with your Pink Friday to calm it down??. Its so pretty!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 24th December 2010, 3:51 pm

Hey KnH,
love the twist out and the lip color. I must check out that makeup thread cause you and nubie are doing your thing Smile

Haha siblings fight, especially same sex siblings. I didn't have a sister but my two best friends both have sister's a year a part in age and they are always at it. It was worst when they were younger but they still occasionally get at each other and neither one of them are ever wrong lol. My husband and his brother are that way too, but they are always there for each other if one of them needs support.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th December 2010, 3:27 pm

Merry Christmas!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th December 2010, 9:50 pm

ok so you know u sold me on the afroveda butters the other day right No should i just get the sample packs or which one would u HIGHLY recommend???

also, thanx for the talk and encouragement too i really appreciate u lending an ear for me to vent and get it off my chest. sometimes i really need that big sister advice, thats why i love yall old folks, so much wisdom Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th December 2010, 10:55 am

Hey KNH,

Wishing you a very Happy New Year ...

Love, BBD
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 12:23 pm

LaToya28 wrote:That Pink Friday looks great on you...very natural! Work it KNH!!

Thanks Toya.....I really like the color as well!!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I like your up-do. :-)

Hey RYL1....thanks girl. Miss yah!! Thanks for stopping by!!

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:Thank you so much KNH!! I really want to try that updo but i dont know if my hair is long enough! And i will def Pm you!! LOL. Happy holidays! santa

Your is longer than mine, so I know you can so do that updo. Check out my blog I will be posting some of KeKe's updo tutorials this week. Toya asked me to do a tutorial video, but it didn't turn out right so I'll feature KeKe. She is awesome!!

mstokes2008 wrote:Love the updo!! What did you use with your Pink Friday to calm it down??. Its so pretty!

Thanks Mstokes.....I used a little of my MAC PARR and not a lot of the Pink Friday that's all!!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Merry Christmas!!

Same to you Shee. I see you've been busy..I've got to catch up on your videos!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 12:26 pm

kinksncurls wrote:Hey KnH,
love the twist out and the lip color. I must check out that makeup thread cause you and nubie are doing your thing Smile

Haha siblings fight, especially same sex siblings. I didn't have a sister but my two best friends both have sister's a year a part in age and they are always at it. It was worst when they were younger but they still occasionally get at each other and neither one of them are ever wrong lol. My husband and his brother are that way too, but they are always there for each other if one of them needs support.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family

Hey KnC...

Thanks girl...the make-up thread has really helped me bump up my make-up game. I've learned so much over there!!! My sons are very close, but when they get into it they get into it!!! I'm glad to know that this will soon pass!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your fam as well. I paid your thread a visit today!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 12:38 pm

NubieNatty wrote:ok so you know u sold me on the afroveda butters the other day right No should i just get the sample packs or which one would u HIGHLY recommend???

also, thanx for the talk and encouragement too i really appreciate u lending an ear for me to vent and get it off my chest. sometimes i really need that big sister advice, thats why i love yall old folks, so much wisdom Very Happy

Hey Nubie.....

I use all of the butters, but if I were you I would start with the sample pack. I use the Shea Alma butter with the Curl Define for my twists updo's, as well as the Totally Twisted and the Pur Whipped Gelly for twists (this combo give great definition with NO frizz); the Hemp Seed Lock, Twist and Roll Butter gives me the best definition (like twists on steroids for real), and I moisturize with the CoCoLatta Moisturizing Mask. I can't select just one because I've learned how to use them all. I never know which combination I'm going to use from week to week....that's crazy I know!!

So start with the sample pack and see what works for your hair.

You know age (sometimes) does have its advantage when it comes to experience...you can count on me anytime if you need to vent, laugh or cry. I've been through much and I've learned a lot, so I strive to encourage, empower and lift up all my sisters & friends!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 12:39 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hey KNH,

Wishing you a very Happy New Year ...

Love, BBD

Hey BBella....

Same to you hon...hope you are enjoying your first holiday season in SC!!!

((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th December 2010, 12:48 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:ok so you know u sold me on the afroveda butters the other day right No should i just get the sample packs or which one would u HIGHLY recommend???

Hey Nubie.....

I use all of the butters, but if I were you I would start with the sample pack. I use the Shea Alma butter with the Curl Define for my twists updo's, as well as the Totally Twisted and the Pur Whipped Gelly for twists (this combo give great definition with NO frizz); the Hemp Seed Lock, Twist and Roll Butter gives me the best definition (like twists on steroids for real), and I moisturize with the CoCoLatta Moisturizing Mask. I can't select just one because I've learned how to use them all. I never know which combination I'm going to use from week to week....that's crazy I know!!

So start with the sample pack and see what works for your hair.

You know age (sometimes) does have its advantage when it comes to experience...you can count on me anytime if you need to vent, laugh or cry. I've been through much and I've learned a lot, so I strive to encourage, empower and lift up all my sisters & friends!! I love you

AWWW I lub you guys. Hey nubie, she sold me on afroveda and I love, love the ginger almond butter. I also use the shikakai elixir too.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th December 2010, 12:49 pm

Hey girl, you are a trip! So you are off today huh? Good for you, so what do you have planned?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 1:02 pm

I'm off all week too! I am going to play with my eyeshadows!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 1:05 pm

Hi Curlies....

I've been up for a few hours trying to get caught up on everyone's thread. I didn't get to stop by everyone's thread, but I'll be back later today to do that. I took off today so I'm going to make this brief so I can get a few things done before I have to go work the Rockets game tonight. (fundraiser for Xander's football team) **sigh**

Anyway...we had a wonderful Christmas, and it was a very long day!!! For the first time we had to go out and visit. My best friend and my aunt wanted us to stop by so we started making our rounds about 3pm. Can I say I was stuffed....I ate something at every stop!!! SMH

HAIR:
Well...my henna arrived Thursday so I mixed it up that night using the following:

Mineral Water
Lemon Juice
Hibiscus powder

I let this sit overnight; then I used my Qhemet Heavy Cream and put a bag on my hair and went to bed. So I decided to detangle the next morning before I shampooed my hair using Qhemet spritz and can I say this was the best detangling session since my TWA phase.

Keeping the Heavy Cream in overnight made my hair soooo soft, and using the spritz allowed my comb to glide through my hair. I had the normal shedding, but there was almost shedding when I shampooed.

Once I shampooed...I added honey and EVOO to my henna mix and applied my henna mixture to my hair. I left that on for about 4 hrs and rinsed it out with water as hot as I could stand it and conditioner. Boy...my hair was soo soft. I did DC using my Darcy's DC and EVCO for about 4 hrs, and once I rinsed that out (using cold water) can I say my hair was so soft. Usually after I henna my hair is a little rough/hard, and I would have to do a DC in the middle of the week to get my hair is back to normal. However, this time I was in hair heaven!!

I styled Penny in one of KeKe's twists updo's. I hope this will last until New Year's Eve, because I plan to wear my hair out for night watch service!!

I've been slacking on taking pictures, but I will post a few at the end of this week!! When I say that Penny is growing!! Shocked Doing protective twists styles until spring is the best thing I could have done!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays, and I would like to wish everyone a safe and blessed New Years!!

Love you all KNH!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 1:07 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hey girl, you are a trip! So you are off today huh? Good for you, so what do you have planned?

Hey CrazyQ...

So why I gotta be a trip...LOL

Yeah I'm off today only!! No So I have to run a few errands, and then go work the Rockets game tonight. I have to work everyday this week except for Friday so it will be a short week!!

I love me some AfroVeda!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 1:09 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I'm off all week too! I am going to play with my eyeshadows!

I wish I was off all week. I'm going to take a week in March to make-up for not taking this week. Playing with your eye shadows!!! WOW that sounds like so much fun!!! Take some pictures and share!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th December 2010, 7:17 pm

Hey Lady! Thanks for checking on me. Things are going well...just super busy. My Christmas was fabulous...ate too much of Mom's sweet potato pie and mac and cheese, but you I'm back to being BFF with the gym, so it will be ok LOL...how was yours?!?

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 27th December 2010, 11:48 pm

Hey KNH, glad you guys had a great Christmas! I did one of Keke's updos as well! I love her videos.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th December 2010, 4:28 am

PICS, PICS bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th December 2010, 12:52 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Hey Lady! Thanks for checking on me. Things are going well...just super busy. My Christmas was fabulous...ate too much of Mom's sweet potato pie and mac and cheese, but you I'm back to being BFF with the gym, so it will be ok LOL...how was yours?!?

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH, glad you guys had a great Christmas! I did one of Keke's updos as well! I love her videos.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:PICS, PICS bounce

Hey Ladies...

Thanks for stopping by. IB I've got a few pictures that I will post tomrrow...when I get a chance. Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2010, 12:57 pm

Happy New Year ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th December 2010, 1:04 pm

WHEW...this year is ending hard!!! I'm so busy and I just figured out why!! I'm busy because I need to get organized!!! So I'm trying to do that a little bit each day.

Work is quiet and I'm busy, and because so many people are out I can't get the information I need to complete my month end reports!! No Oh well....I'll do what I can and leave early so I can go get the things I need for my dinner Saturday. You know black-eye peas, cabbage and the like!!

I'm so loving my hair right now, and thanks to Lynn I figured out how to use my Qhemet Moringa Tea Conditioner!!! cheers

I took a stroll through the Radiation Oncology clinic today (this is the department I work in) and when I tell you my natural sisters are holding it down up there!! I was so proud of these professional ladies (nurses I might add) Their hair styles (twist out) were to die for. I don't know them very well, but of course when you see a natural sister you just kinda connect. They were very nice, and I wish I could have taken a picture!!!

Well I will be back posting on a regular next year. (like in two day...LOL) I'm just trying to get my house in order, and I need to finish and post a couple of YT videos before the end of the year!!

I've been popping in and out so I won't get so behind, but haven't been able to comment like I want to. **waving to everyone**

Ladies have a safe holiday, and Happy New Year to you all!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th December 2010, 1:05 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy New Year ...

Same to you BBella!! Wishing you many blessing this up and coming New Year!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next