CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 25 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by TheRYL1 11th October 2010, 1:34 pm

Hey KNH!!

I haven't read a word...just wanted to say your avi is SLAMMIN! Lookin' good, woman!

OK...I'll go read now! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 25 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by TheRYL1 11th October 2010, 1:38 pm

OK...glad to see you're doing better! Yeah, vicodin is a hellava drug! LOL

Aussie Moise...you say? Very Happy

Take care, Lady!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 11th October 2010, 8:12 pm

I had my hand on a bottle of the Aussie last week. Countdown to payday!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th October 2010, 8:42 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!!

I haven't read a word...just wanted to say your avi is SLAMMIN! Lookin' good, woman!

OK...I'll go read now! Very Happy

TheRYL1 wrote:OK...glad to see you're doing better! Yeah, vicodin is a hellava drug! LOL

Aussie Moise...you say? Very Happy

Take care, Lady!

Thanks hun....and let me tell you; your twist out was just BEAUTIFUL!!! Aussie Moist....yah need to check that one out for real!!! I slept on that one wayyyyy to long!!

swoodward wrote:I had my hand on a bottle of the Aussie last week. Countdown to payday!

Get Swoodward...your hair will love it!!! Penny did
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th October 2010, 8:52 am

Morning....

Nothing new going on I'm still twisted!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I can't so I'm taking pictures today...I think this is day 3!! I want to see how long I can keep them in. I would love to go 2 weeks...I'll see!!

I sprayed my twists with Oyin's Juices N Berries...read up on this product and cold weather and they recommend that you spritz in the morning and take a shower, because the steam from the shower helps combats the dryness you would get normally get with glycerin in cold weather. Read this AFTER I got out the shower and spritz my hair...LOl

I used my growth oil (AfroVeda's) last night and massaged my scalp. That was it...I'm loving this low maintenance style. No re-twisting at night..nothing!!! dance

I've got a lot going on this week as usually, but I'll try and post pictures before I go out of town this weekend. Going to see my oldest son...it's game time again!! woot!

Have a great day ladies!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th October 2010, 10:08 am

Hey KHN! Thanks for checking on me. I should have been checking on you with surgery and all, but I'm glad that you are back on you feet and ready to roll for game day. After 4 c-sections, I am well aware of the effects of vicodin-no bueno Evil or Very Mad ! So the twist are holding up. That's great! Can't wait to see the pics! Have a great week!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th October 2010, 9:34 pm

I 've been going 5 days in coils during the week. Trust me, this is a miracle! I know you can go at least 8 days if not a full 2 weeks.

stay hydrated missy! that means your hair too!

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th October 2010, 8:29 am

swoodward wrote:I 've been going 5 days in coils during the week. Trust me, this is a miracle! I know you can go at least 8 days if not a full 2 weeks.

stay hydrated missy! that means your hair too!

A full two weeks!!! LOL Heck to the NO!!! LOL I'm untwisting as I type!

I did a good job keeping my hair hydrated...I think I'll know in a few!! 4 days plus wearing my twists to work....that is an accomplishment for me!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th October 2010, 9:04 am

Good morning KNH how is everything going? Its funny but I was just reading that article on Oyin's site about glycerin in the winter. I was afraid to use it but I think I am going to try it the way they suggested to see how that works.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th October 2010, 11:46 am

lol, thats funny u cant take wearing ur hair twisted for more than a week Cool i been feelin like wearin my hair out more n more lately and i dont know why, esp cuz i wanna get it braided up or something!

i read that from oyin too and ive never been scared of glycerin in the winter, last winter i had a twa so i struggled with moisture n dryness anywayz but now, im just goin with what makes my hair feel good. i dont care if its a hint of dog's poo....ok im lying silent but u get my drift. i used butters in the summer wit good results, it didnt weigh my hair down so i guess im just gonna break the rules a tad. i also used my aloe grow in the summer too and it still was nice n soft. my hair is so weird but thats the beauty of how different our hair is!

i need to re-up some some jnb or just snatch chrs's since she doesnt care for it too much Suspect
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th October 2010, 3:32 pm

krazy coils wrote:Good morning KNH how is everything going? Its funny but I was just reading that article on Oyin's site about glycerin in the winter. I was afraid to use it but I think I am going to try it the way they suggested to see how that works.

Hey KC..

Everything is going great!! Cause it's THURSDAY!! dance lol!

Yeah...I'm getting ready to up my moisture game for the winter and I will be doing that with twists. I like Oyin Juices so I wanted to make sure they worked just as well in the cold as they do in the summer. I tried it and it is working for me...I am wearing a twist out today...it's moist, not hard, but not real soft either. Day 2 with my twist out will be the deciding factor..cause right now I have definition to die for....we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th October 2010, 4:57 pm

NubieNatty wrote:lol, thats funny u cant take wearing ur hair twisted for more than a week Cool i been feelin like wearin my hair out more n more lately and i dont know why, esp cuz i wanna get it braided up or something!

i read that from oyin too and ive never been scared of glycerin in the winter, last winter i had a twa so i struggled with moisture n dryness anywayz but now, im just goin with what makes my hair feel good. i dont care if its a hint of dog's poo....ok im lying silent but u get my drift. i used butters in the summer wit good results, it didnt weigh my hair down so i guess im just gonna break the rules a tad. i also used my aloe grow in the summer too and it still was nice n soft. my hair is so weird but thats the beauty of how different our hair is!

i need to re-up some some jnb or just snatch chrs's since she doesnt care for it too much Suspect

I know...I wore braids for 2 months, but for some reason I just like to malipulate my hair!! LOL I did 4 days and THAT is amazing for me. I'm twisted-out for today, but I really want to see what my hair is going to look like tomorrow!!

As you know I don't like Shea Butter, but I love AFROVEDA butters!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 14th October 2010, 9:59 pm

must check out the oyin....
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th October 2010, 10:45 pm

swoodward wrote:must check out the oyin....

Yes ma'am and they have the cutest sample sizes...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 15th October 2010, 10:06 am

I checked out your blog. You're off to a great start!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 15th October 2010, 12:31 pm

Hey KNH! Wow, I've missed lots! I'm glad everything went well with your surgery and that by now you have returned to work. While I won't be giving the afroveda a try- I'm glad you have found your HG styler! That is so key! I still like to experiment but I have a few products that my hair really likes and that is the ecostyler and garnier gels, the aveda definer and I think I'm liking this gel by koils by nature.

That said- I hear you on the vicodin. I HATED that stuff. I felt held hostage to nightmares and bad sleep in general. So I gave it up QUICKLY!

You have a great weekend!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th October 2010, 6:54 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I checked out your blog. You're off to a great start!

Thanks JnB!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! Wow, I've missed lots! I'm glad everything went well with your surgery and that by now you have returned to work. While I won't be giving the afroveda a try- I'm glad you have found your HG styler! That is so key! I still like to experiment but I have a few products that my hair really likes and that is the ecostyler and garnier gels, the aveda definer and I think I'm liking this gel by koils by nature.

That said- I hear you on the vicodin. I HATED that stuff. I felt held hostage to nightmares and bad sleep in general. So I gave it up QUICKLY!

You have a great weekend!

Yes I've found my HG styler and I'm just going to bit the bullet and move on!! I love Koils by Nature butter for my body...I guess I got so caught up in how great it made my skin feel I forgot to really try it on my hair....LOL

Evil or Very Mad to Vicodin and to think I paid over $70 for that stuff!!

You have a great weekend as well!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th October 2010, 7:07 pm

Well its the weekend ladies and I'm going to see my oldest again. dance LSU football is so much fun, and plus I get to take my son to dinner. I feel like when I feed him that is the only balance meal he gets while he's at school. Crying or Very sad

Well....I did it. I scheduled my appointment for my 1st salon visit since May 14, 2009. affraid I went in for a consultation and spoke with the stylist about what I wanted, and what I needed. It's so funny that on CN home page today there is a posting about needed a hair cut. I also talked to the stylist about trimming my ends. I explain the mess I've going on (one side longer than the other) do to cutting my own hair. She was so nice about it...(thanks JnB for the referral)

Well anyway...let me get back on track. I was trying to schedule this appointment as close to my 1 year anniversary (10/31) as I could, but the only day I could get in was October 28th @ 9am. So I'm taking off from work and I'm going to let her do her magic. I say magic because my services are going to take 6 hrs. pale I'm getting a shamppo, conditioner, trim and kinky twists. I figure that I might lose about and 1 to 1 1/2 inches so I thought I would put Penny up so I wouldn't be in a state of shock!!

Well...I wore twists all week, and a very nice twist out. Didn't take pictures....don't know why! scratch Anyway...going to do a length tonight and maybe re-twist or a puff. I know, I know..but I went almost two weeks without wearing a puff...so I think I should treat myself. lol!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be Blessed!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th October 2010, 9:10 pm

oooh cant wait for the anniversary!! maybe u can also celebrate by doin a product haul so i can chew u out on how much stuff u REALLY have Mad and u can DONATE to a newly natty/bc'er Very Happy yes give back!

vicodin huh??? PSST **whispering** hey u....over here...ok really quick...3 for $50!! Suspect
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th October 2010, 9:59 pm

NubieNatty wrote:oooh cant wait for the anniversary!! maybe u can also celebrate by doin a product haul so i can chew u out on how much stuff u REALLY have Mad and u can DONATE to a newly natty/bc'er Very Happy yes give back!

vicodin huh??? PSST **whispering** hey u....over here...ok really quick...3 for $50!! Suspect

HAHAHAHA!!! Laughing
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th October 2010, 8:39 am

Hey KNH, wow one year approaching already ... I wish well at your salon visit ... I know I'm in desperate need of a trim too, but I'm waiting until March 2011 - my anniversary as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th October 2010, 10:37 am

Happy Saturday, Just stopping by to say goooo team go!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th October 2010, 10:31 pm

Hey KNH...

Just passing through! Enjoy the game! :-)

Don't ya love twists...so easy! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th October 2010, 11:28 pm

FYI; i hope u dont like the tui smoothie....pass it over...NOOOOOOW!!

i have no intentions on tryin the cd curl booster n milk stuff. i'll stick to the original hair milk and even thats my back up leave-in to kbn! now as much of a pj as u are, i cnt believe u aint use the aussie moist, lynnie been ravin on that since last year. i got the pump bottles of the moist AND smooth and for $5 u cant beat that, no ma'am no girl.

how are u enjoyin oyin????
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th October 2010, 8:02 am

Hey lady,
I saw the new avi so I had to come over and give you a *high five*....I love it!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next