CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 24 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th October 2010, 2:16 am

NubieNatty wrote:afroveda said the prices went up due to the economy and the increase on the ingredients that she used to provide quality products. its on newly natural blog; now i understand the recession n blah blah blah...but DOUBLIN the prices on top of payin so much for shippin is crazy Mad to go from $9 to 18 for the same product and size...no gurl, no ma'am! i hope she's ready to start shippin SAMPLE packs only!! I think she is trippin sho nuf, and I plan to ask her....because I've just gotta know..

matter of fact...when u see her...can u PLEASE get me some shikakai oil Smile like no REALLY!!! esp if its cheaper than $14 on the website now too. if she has the sample packs of the oils i'll take that too cuz i want to try the rice bran and citrus oil..thanx!!
Now you know I'll hook you up...I just got the sample oils last week.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 24 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th October 2010, 2:19 am

Hey Curlies...

I'm going to the Dallas Expo!!! dance I'm so excited...I waiting on 1 more friend to confirm, but as of now I'm going.

I have been very busy this week...having surgery tomorrow so I'm tying to get a lot taken care of. I have to stay off my feet for a few days..so I'll have more than enough time to get caught up with everyone. That is if the pain pills don't knock me out!!

Well....let me go see what everyone is doing. Hope everybody is still up!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th October 2010, 9:40 am

KNH, hope everything is well with you. You are in my prayers. ((big hug)))
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th October 2010, 10:22 am

Surgery? I am praying for speedy recovery! *hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th October 2010, 11:43 am

Hey KNH!
Keeping you in my thoughts, good luck with your surgery!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th October 2010, 7:43 am

CrissyQ wrote:KNH, hope everything is well with you. You are in my prayers. ((big hug)))

sweetdrk1 wrote:Surgery? I am praying for speedy recovery! *hugs*

jlowman1 wrote:Hey KNH!
Keeping you in my thoughts, good luck with your surgery!

Thanks Ladies...

The surgery went well. I'm still somewhat weak today, but I'm keeping still and resting.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!!

Love yah...KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th October 2010, 9:59 am

Check In:

Hey sis, Im doing well, the weightloss is okay, Ive lost 5 lbs and have 15 more to go. Lola is doing well, I just dread washing her because the longer she gets the MORE time it takes LOL....hope all is well with you Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th October 2010, 10:23 am

Hey, how are you feeling?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th October 2010, 12:43 pm

Hey KNH,
Hope you are feeling okay and the surgery went well. Get some rest and take it easy. Praying for a speedy recovery.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th October 2010, 5:17 pm

Hope all went well with the surgery! I'm so excited that you're coming to the expo...should be a good amount of CN girls, there. I'll post something on a possible meetup before the event. I also sent you a PM with a few hotel options.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 8th October 2010, 11:46 pm

whoa, i need to come by more often. You ok? everything ok?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th October 2010, 1:56 am

Hey Ladies...

I'm doing much better. You know...that Vicodin is a powerful drug!! The bottle says take 1 or 2 tablets by mouth as needed every 4 yo 6 hrs for pain. Well after my episode with the anesthesia yesterday..(made me real sick) I thought I would take 1 Vicodin and see how that would do me.

Can I say WOW....I see how some people become addicted, but the codeine in the Vicodin is making me sick. (I think its the codeine...not sure) I start to feel better, but then I get sick to the stomach and all hot and clammy feeling.

I will say that the recovery is a little rougher than the surgery. Just checking in for a few minutes now off to la-la land!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th October 2010, 2:01 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey, how are you feeling?

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Hope you are feeling okay and the surgery went well. Get some rest and take it easy. Praying for a speedy recovery.

swoodward wrote:whoa, i need to come by more often. You ok? everything ok?

I'm feeling much better than yesterday and last night. Last night was rough....but today was much better. This was a minor/major surgery...I know what's minor/major LOL Minor that is was an outpatient thing...major is this procedure is to correct something that my doctor should have taken care of two years ago. It is something that keeps popping back up and if this procedure doesn't work I'll have to see an oncologist. Not good...so please keep me in your prayers...

Thanks for checking on me y'all!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th October 2010, 2:02 am

cyclingchick wrote:Hope all went well with the surgery! I'm so excited that you're coming to the expo...should be a good amount of CN girls, there. I'll post something on a possible meetup before the event. I also sent you a PM with a few hotel options.

The surgery went well, but recovery is interesting..LOL

Thanks I'm checking my PM now.....I can't wait!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th October 2010, 2:56 pm

Take it easy now! Hope you enjoy your weekend, TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 9th October 2010, 3:23 pm

Prayers yes! Hope everything went perfectly. Recovery is often rough, but rest and relaxation are wonderful.

Bless those that can take a whole vicodin. I had to cut mine in quarters and take ibuprofen for real relief. frankly, there's a difference between pain relief and being in pain and not caring.

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 9th October 2010, 3:33 pm

You look great by the way., Your hair and face look lovely!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 12:25 am

swoodward wrote:Prayers yes! Hope everything went perfectly. Recovery is often rough, but rest and relaxation are wonderful.

Bless those that can take a whole vicodin. I had to cut mine in quarters and take ibuprofen for real relief. frankly, there's a difference between pain relief and being in pain and not caring.

I think I'm one that can't take a whole vicodin. I took nothing today....I just dealt with the pain..it wasn't too bad. At least I feel better today!!

Thanks for checking and the prayers Swoodward.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 12:26 am

swoodward wrote:You look great by the way., Your hair and face look lovely!!!

thanks... Very Happy I'm really loving that hair of mine!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 11:17 am

Morning Ladies...

I'm feeling sooo much better. I had to get off of the Vicodin it was making me sick..LOL Anyway...I've been taking it easy, but I did take time yesterday do shampoo and style. I tried Carol's Daughter conditioner...this Curl Milk or something, but I will tell you I didn't like it at all. So I came behind that with Aussie Moist conditioner!!! Why did I wait so long to try this???!! This is some good stuff!! dance

So I thought about my conditioners while I was twisting my hair last night, and I think I've settled with the following:

Co-Washers: In this order which could change after I use the Aussie more..I'm really liking this stuff!!
Tresemme
Aussie
Bed Head Moisture Maniac

Leave-in:
Giovanna Direct Leave-in
Kinky Curly Knot Today

Deep Conditioners:
Darcy's - hands down for moisture and the only online product I have to order!!
Renpure' Organices for my protein treatments

I bought Carol's Daughter - Tui Smoothie this weekend so I'll try that and see if it compares to my beloved Darcy's. (I'm out of Darcy's so placing an order today)

Well I'm all twisted up for the week, and I'm going to try and stay that way. It's been hard because I'm having such great twist out results....see

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 24 Dsci0718

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 24 Dsci0719

Twisted using AfroVeda's Shea-Alma Butter and Curl Define!! What a powerful combination. I know that the prices went up Oct 1st, but since I'm trying to limit the number of products I buy online I should be able to afford this. It is working for my hair and I love the results.

Well...that's my weekly update. Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement...my surgery went well and I'll be back to work tomorrow!!

Also, thanks to all of you that check out my blog and are now following me. I have wanted to do this for over 6 months now, and thanks to CrissyQ and Nubie I just said what the heck and just did it!! I love this...its like an online journal. I'll be posting more detailed stuff about Penny and myself over there.

Have a great week ladies and remember It's All About The Curls lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 10th October 2010, 2:43 pm

Hey KNH, your twists look great!! Glad the surgery went well and that you're feeling better. Don't let them work you to hard tomorrow lol. I'm off to check out your blog!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 10th October 2010, 8:37 pm

I'm glad your surgery went well, make sure you DO get plenty of rest! And of course your hair looks fab Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th October 2010, 9:25 pm

I came to check on you..saw the avi and started running! That hair is the bomb! I love it! Were you able to make the expo? I know o so well about vicodin! Me no likey! I got me a new bottle of bhmm..I forgot how much I love that stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 11:30 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey KNH, your twists look great!! Glad the surgery went well and that you're feeling better. Don't let them work you to hard tomorrow lol. I'm off to check out your blog!

Thanks so much...I'm feel so much better. Work me hard...yeah that is so going to happen tomorrow. Thanks for following me on my blog. There are a few surprises coming..... Smile

Muz wrote: I'm glad your surgery went well, make sure you DO get plenty of rest! And of course your hair looks fab Smile

Hey Muz...I've really gotten some rest this weekend!! It was so long over-due and I hate I had to have surgery to get some rest!! No

Thanks I'm so loving my hair. I'm glad that I found the product that is working for me. I hope I can go a whole week twisted. Wish me luck!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 11:35 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I came to check on you..saw the avi and started running! That hair is the bomb! I love it! Were you able to make the expo? I know o so well about vicodin! Me no likey! I got me a new bottle of bhmm..I forgot how much I love that stuff!

Hey Sweet....

Girl AfroVeda products are just what Penny likes. It's funny that I spent 11 months trying to find the right product to twist with, and I had it all the time. SMH

Oh the Expo is Nov 7th. I will take plenty of pictures. I really hope I get to meet some of the CN ladies from Dallas.

I know what you mean...I don't like vicodin AT all I really would like a refund. I had to pay about $70 for that stuff!!

So I've gone from love to like with Bed Head MM...have your tried Aussie Moist Conditioner... drunken

THAT STUFF RIGHT THERE (in my Katt Williams voice) is the business!!! So it only cost about $5 for a 32oz...so I guess when I finish my Bed Head MM I'll just replace that with Aussie. If you haven't tried it you really should!!

Thanks for stopping by... I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next