CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 19 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by priceless 20th September 2010, 3:08 am

i see the new style cute i likes i likes
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 19 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by NhappyJackie 20th September 2010, 12:22 pm

Love the Cinnabun!!! and your color is looking good too
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 2:05 pm

Very cute bun, I never seem to have success with buns. I have to try again. Tell my cyber nephew I said happy belated birthday! birthday!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 1:45 am

CrissyQ wrote:Real cute girl. becareful, and go team go!

Muz wrote: I LOVE the Cinnabun style, I keep talking myself out of trying it, but it's on my list of styles to try since it's a protective style and winter will be here before we know it (and I'm trying to avoid having to do the same style for 3-4 months)

NubieNatty wrote:what is this new cinnabun craze sweepin the nation scratch

LadyMika wrote:Very cute! I'll have to try that when Gypsy grows out more. Have a great time at the game! Smile

Hey Ladies...

I had a ball at the game and my Cinna-Bun was so simple to care for. I did nothing to my hair all weekend!! Game update....we WON!!! Geaux Tigers!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 1:49 am

priceless wrote:i see the new style cute i likes i likes

Thanks priceless..it is one of the styles I plan to rock this winter. I had to take it down, but I'll put it back tomorrow!!

NhappyJackie wrote:Love the Cinnabun!!! and your color is looking good too

Thank you NhappyJackie!!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Very cute bun, I never seem to have success with buns. I have to try again. Tell my cyber nephew I said happy belated birthday! birthday!

Hey Sweet you could really do this one. I did this after a took my flat twists and twists down. I didn't twist out instead I did this bun. Lynn posted the video...it should be on page 10 or 11 of my thread. You could so do this....

I showed Xander you message...he is real humble now (tell her thank you all sad sounding) cause he's in trouble!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 2:00 am

Just a quick update:

I had a great weekend. It was so hot in Baton Rouge...I think I heard that the heat index was bout 105!! Man I was so hot I broke out in a lot of red bumps all over my face. I was like... affraid I didn't know what in the world was going on. I was so nervous and scared, I didn't know what to do!! So I just used my black soap, and a little shea butter. It's kinda of clearing up now. (so NO pictures right now...LOL)

Hair...Penny was too cute this weekend. I didn't have to do anything to her. I mean nothing!!! Those of you that are thinking about trying the Cinna-Bun please do. You will be so pleased.

I had to co-wash last night because I really felt like some bugs got in my hair Saturday. However, I still need to clarify so I will be doing that tomorrow. I'm too tired to start that process tonigh!!!

I had a real rough day today...if you are my fb friend you know that I had some issues with one of my son's teachers. I have a conference with that teacher tomorrow, and I will be requesting to have my son move out of that teachers class. (this was the teacher's bright idea)

So in my desire to slow down on purchasing products I missed the HairVeda sale. Sad I had my cart all filled with the items I was going to purchase, and when I went back to hit send they ended the sale. I was soo mad at myself I didn't know what to do!! LOL

Anyway...I'm still waiting on my AfroVeda products that I ordered two week ago, so I do have something to look forward to!! LOL

Well it's late, and I'm really sleepy, so ladies I'll visit and catch up tomorrow.

Take care and be blessed!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st September 2010, 7:55 am

Good Morning KNH,

Hope things work out with your son. As for missing the sale you can always save your money for all of those Black Friday sales which will be coming up soon Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 8:57 am

krazy coils wrote:Good Morning KNH,

Hope things work out with your son. As for missing the sale you can always save your money for all of those Black Friday sales which will be coming up soon Smile

Morning KC...

I spoke with one of my classmates that is a teacher now. Girl God will work things out for your good. He is a Spanish teacher at my son's school, and teaches Spanish at the same time that my son has Spanish (2nd period) so I will be requesting that he is moved ASAP.

Yes ma'am I will we saving and waiting until 12am that Friday and I will get busy on Qhemet's and HairVeda site!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st September 2010, 10:28 am

Hey KNH,
Just stopping by to say hi. I'm glad to hear Penny held up over the weekend and that you all won the game.

Glad to hear you got a solution already for the issue with your son's teacher. What you posted about God working it out brings to mind that song - It's Already Done! You didn't have to do much of anything - awesome!

And I'll be right there with you for the Black Friday sale for Qhemet for sure. I hope Bee Mine and Curls does something similar. I DEFINITELY will purchase Qhemet but I also get stuff for my mom and sales will help my pocket. All she is focused on right now is Kinky Curly....lol. This will give her some options. Anyway, hope you have a great day!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st September 2010, 2:25 pm

I am glad you found a solution for my nephew! I have to check the video out, I am frustrated with Sasha right now, so I need something.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st September 2010, 2:47 pm

I'm glad you found a solution too! I know how teachers can be sometimes but thankfully they are far and few in between! That happened with my son in 7th grade. A teacher admitted he had a personality conflict with my son. Told my son that... The only teacher with whom he ever had a problem. I went to the principal and let him know that any teacher with personality conflicts with children has issues. We never had a problem after. Get after them and hang in there!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 7:33 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Just stopping by to say hi. I'm glad to hear Penny held up over the weekend and that you all won the game.

Glad to hear you got a solution already for the issue with your son's teacher. What you posted about God working it out brings to mind that song - It's Already Done! You didn't have to do much of anything - awesome!

And I'll be right there with you for the Black Friday sale for Qhemet for sure. I hope Bee Mine and Curls does something similar. I DEFINITELY will purchase Qhemet but I also get stuff for my mom and sales will help my pocket. All she is focused on right now is Kinky Curly....lol. This will give her some options. Anyway, hope you have a great day!

Hey Dva...

Things really did work out today for my son. I felt a little bad because the teacher is really good, but he's frustrated because he doesn't have a classroom, and he took that out on the wrong parent. Oh well....that's life.

Anyway...I'm going to make my wish list for Black Friday, and give myself a limit because a sister loves to shop. I will definitely be ordering Qhemet, Bee Mine, and HairVeda. I'm not sure what else I want to try....but those three for sure, and maybe AfroVeda which is really working for me right now!!!

Does you mom what to try other products?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 7:36 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am glad you found a solution for my nephew! I have to check the video out, I am frustrated with Sasha right now, so I need something.

Hey Sweet...

Your cyber nephew is something else. When he graduates I'm going to fall out....I told my mom not to call EMS just throw some water on me. LOL

Do check ou that video...I know Sasha would look so cute in a Cinna-Bun. I can't wait to have time to do it again!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 7:40 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I'm glad you found a solution too! I know how teachers can be sometimes but thankfully they are far and few in between! That happened with my son in 7th grade. A teacher admitted he had a personality conflict with my son. Told my son that... The only teacher with whom he ever had a problem. I went to the principal and let him know that any teacher with personality conflicts with children has issues. We never had a problem after. Get after them and hang in there!

Hey Poetic...

Some teacher can be interesting. I wonder sometimew why they are teaching. In this case I think this man is a great teacher, but he let the frustrations of his job conditions get the best of him. '

I teacher told that to your son....SMH. I'm glad that you are the kind of parent that listens and follows up with issues concerning your son.

Your avatar is beautiful!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd September 2010, 11:17 am

Good Morning KNH....Just passing through.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd September 2010, 3:26 pm

Good Afternoon, KNH -

just wanted to say "hello"
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th September 2010, 1:07 pm

dropping by to say hey!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th September 2010, 1:58 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:Good Morning KNH....Just passing through.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Afternoon, KNH -

just wanted to say "hello"

CrissyQ wrote:dropping by to say hey!

Hey Ladies...

Thanks for stopping by and checking on me!! This has been such a busy week. I'll update soon. Just trying to stay above water!!! LOL

((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th September 2010, 2:06 pm

I'm so behind, but this has been a week of teacher conferences!! (twice this week with different teachers) Shocked Football game, open house, and its not over yet. I feel like I'm in over drive with our weekend activities starting tonight!! Sleep

Not sure when I'll get back on to do my update (hopefully Sunday evening) However, Penny is doing well. She been in a Cinna-Bun, Puff and now twisted in a up do. (all in just one week) Wink bounce

My face broke out last weekend from the sun while I as at my olderest son's game....so NO pictures!!
affraid I'm telling you...shea butter is the truth!! It is really working for my face. Penny doesn't like it...but oh well!!! monkey

Hope everyone is doing well....I'll be back in a couple of days to catch up on everyone.

Much love I love you until later!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th September 2010, 2:11 pm

Hey KNH!

I'm catching up! Go to the school and let them know you are very much involved in your son's business and foolishness will cease. Hang in there...this, too, shall pass!

I gotta find me a "complementary friend" for my hair...lookin' good, lady! Very Happy

Take care!!!!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 8:47 am

Don't know if anybody has ever felt like this before...but I actually look forward to going to work to get some rest. Can I say busy this weekend!! Well I will not bore you with the details, but I had a great weekend. Had a chance to do the wobble!! Boy the dances they can come up with.

I'm sure some of you ladies can really dance, but you will reach the age one day where line dancing will be your dance of choice!! lol!

Well lets talk hair!! Well Penny is all twisted up. I've been up twisting since 12 midnight, and didn't finish until 3am this morning. So I've made a decision....I am going to make an appointment this week to get my ends trimmed. I have got to get ride of these then ends. So that's that...Sad

Made a discovery as well. Even though I am natural I thought I was over my creamy crack addiction. Well...I discovered this weekend that I was just on step 5 of my addiction program...which is getting over the straight look. I say this because I now know why I love my puffs, or why I always tried to have neat hair. This weekend was an eye opener for me. Shocked

Last week I wore my hair in about 4 different styles...why? confused Glad you asked...I wanted my hair look look prefect. So I co-wash and re-did my hair all week long. Well...Saturday morning we were running late and I had to go all day with my hair twisted. Not a twist-out puff or a Cinna-Bun and ladies I didn't care how I was looking. I got so many compliments. Personally, I thought my hair was looking a mess. However, I had so much going on I didn't have time to worry about the state of my hair.

Sunday I had the best messy twist-out ever.....no pictures :-( Sat by my mom at 10 o'clock church service. and she said "what is going on with your hair. Why doesn't it look smooth and why is is all crinkly and stuff? " Well...my response to her was "my hair is natural and it is not going to look smooth and this crinkly look is a twist out. YAY me!!! That was more for me than my mom. Embarassed

I think now I can move forward with my journey and stop manipulating my hair soo much trying to make sure every strand is in place, perfect and not messy.

I don't know if anyone can understand or relate to this, but I'm so glad I finally realize what was going on with me. Hopefully this will put me on the real path of really loving my hair in its natural state. I love you

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th September 2010, 1:18 pm

Hey KNH,

You were up to three this morning and then you went in to work? You are a soldier (lol). Good for you for standing up to your mom about your hair. When my hair was moving past the twa stage and I first started doing braidouts I was redoing my hair every 2-3 days. It was time consuming because I was also trying to make sure my hair looked neat and the edges were laying down. Now I've grown to love the frizzy look. It seems I get the most compliments when I think it looks a mess.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 1:22 pm

Hey girl, yeah messy is the way to go. Glad you are learning your hair. hope your week is less hectic than last week. I will chat with you later
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 27th September 2010, 1:40 pm

heyyyy sis!!!! how are ya? hope all is well Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th September 2010, 2:56 pm

I think anyone's hair (natural) looks the best when it's not perfect. I know mine does. I had to get over that too and it didn't take me long. Most times I just don't feel like doing anything to my hair. When I go out, I get compliments all the time about my hair - and it could be a frizzy unkept mess.

Right now I'm on Day 7 of my small twists - no manipulation for a whole week. I will see how far these take me.

I'm glad to you came to an understanding that your hair doesn't have to be perfect.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next