CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 6:56 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I think anyone's hair (natural) looks the best when it's not perfect. I know mine does. I had to get over that too and it didn't take me long. Most times I just don't feel like doing anything to my hair. When I go out, I get compliments all the time about my hair - and it could be a frizzy unkept mess.

Right now I'm on Day 7 of my small twists - no manipulation for a whole week. I will see how far these take me.

I'm glad to you came to an understanding that your hair doesn't have to be perfect.

Hey BBella (don't you like the way I changed your name...LOL)

I didn't realize what I was doing until this weekend. I wasn't really embracing my journey and we all know that natural hair will NEVER be perfect. It's just beautiful hair no matter what state its in!!!

I am not one that is addicted to approval...but I guess internally we all want to be accepted for how we are or decided to be. **you know what I mean?** Anyway...I'm at work rocking twists! Can you believe it?!!! LOL

I'm like this is me...so no puff for a month that is what my goal is!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by. Good to know I wasn't the only one that had to process neat vs messy hair. LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 7:00 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hey girl, yeah messy is the way to go. Glad you are learning your hair. hope your week is less hectic than last week. I will chat with you later

Yes its almost a year and I'm still learning, but it seems I'm coming into where I should have been about 6 months ago. Nevertheless, as long as I get there right? This week...it is going to be less hectic cause I ain't doing nothing...I don't care what's going on...LOL

BrownSkinDiva wrote:heyyyy sis!!!! how are ya? hope all is well Smile

Hey Sis...trying to catch up with myself. I'm coming by for dinner in the next couple of days!! Thanks for stoppin by!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 7:05 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

You were up to three this morning and then you went in to work? You are a soldier (lol). Good for you for standing up to your mom about your hair. When my hair was moving past the twa stage and I first started doing braidouts I was redoing my hair every 2-3 days. It was time consuming because I was also trying to make sure my hair looked neat and the edges were laying down. Now I've grown to love the frizzy look. It seems I get the most compliments when I think it looks a mess.

Hey KC...yeah I was up at 3pm but I slept all dang day. I think I went down about 4 with conditioner on my head. I didn't wake up until 9pm. So I guess I my sleep pattern was all messed up!!

Yes...I stood up to my mom sitting down. Girl my mother things I'm going through a phase...she really likes the fact that my hair is healthy, but she really wants me to flat iron or press it. She just doesn't like the natural look on me or rather anybody for that matter. She's just ole skool...she'll be alright. But if I go before she doesn't she better not let those people straighten my hair. I will be so pist off!! ROTFLMAO Note to self...tell mama that I want to rock a puff if I go before she does..LOL

Sorry I got off track there..LOL Messy hair is the truth. Now I understand this whole thing!! I'm on step 6...it is not important what others think of your hair!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 7:06 pm

yOU ARE GOING TO WEAR TWIST? DID I READ THAT RIGHT? TAKE A PIC.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 7:15 pm

CrissyQ wrote:yOU ARE GOING TO WEAR TWIST? DID I READ THAT RIGHT? TAKE A PIC.

No ma'am I WORE TWISTS TO WORK!! I took pictures I'll post as soon as I get home. I'm all twisted at work...can you believe that? LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 7:20 pm

nO i CANNOT, THATS WHY I SAID SHOW ME SOME PIC. I JUST TEXTED U DD YOU GET IT?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th September 2010, 11:13 am

I get the best compliments after I leave my coils in for over a week and they look a hot mess to me but everyone else loves it!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 11:54 am

CrissyQ wrote:nO i CANNOT, THATS WHY I SAID SHOW ME SOME PIC. I JUST TEXTED U DD YOU GET IT?

lol!

Yes I got it...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 11:55 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I get the best compliments after I leave my coils in for over a week and they look a hot mess to me but everyone else loves it!

I know...sometimes when my hair is a mess I wonder if folks are trying to be funny when they say my hair is too cute. lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 12:03 pm

Still lovin my new position...so I'll make this brief because I have a lot to do on my desk today!!

I didn't post pictures last night because Xander needed to use the laptop to do some school work. Getting another laptop in October when I get my bonus, and giving Xander the one I have now. I've had my current laptop for about 1 year and a half. I was going to buy a new one and give it to Xander, but when he was using my laptop Sunday the Caps Lock key on the left hand side some how broke... Suspect

So guess what? I'll get the new laptop and he can use the one with the broken cap lock key!!! geek How bout THAT!!

Anywho....I did take pictures yesterday. I wore my hair twisted to work..so I'll post those pictures tonight.

Gotta go ladies, but I'll be back later this evening to see what everyone has been up to!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 28th September 2010, 12:19 pm

i need a new laptop 2...i just got one in like may but i dont like it and it was just a quick fix to get me through my school work b/c my lil bro threw my other one in the middle of the street b/c i didnt take him to the store (smh) ...i want a mac...what kind are you getting?
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th September 2010, 12:52 pm

them mac books starting to go down i see, i was lookin in the best buy ads n they had some on sale for 1k!! still aint on my level cuz i WILL be gettin whatever ones on SALE for blk friday UNDER $500 silent

i just had to chuckle when u mentioned comin to work to get rest cuz i've always felt the same way. sometimes my job is my little quiet sanctuary away from family n LIFE!! i also realized i need to stay at work to keep me from spending money i dont have Rolling Eyes im glad ur enjoyin ur job though.

yessss i totally understand ur new found love for un-perfect hair. i was actually mad when my overly moisturized hair came out too perfect n well-defined cuz it just didnt seem right. the messier the better Very Happy i even learned to embrace the frizz...i mean...that is the whole point of this naturalness anywayz!

ok so i cant wait for pics and umm...can u also UPDATE ur avi cuz im tired of lookin at the top of yo head tongue
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th September 2010, 1:08 pm

Looking good lady! Great job on the flat twists.

Don't forget to take time out for yourselves & Penny Wink .

Just like a PJ, already making list for November. How many of Darcy Botanical items do you have? I know you have the mask. I'd suggest the leave in and milk also--so very moisturizing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th September 2010, 1:11 pm

chrsy...GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th September 2010, 1:28 pm

Hey KNH,

I so need to start saving for Blk Friday sale. I have been really good and not bought in hair products in a couple of months. I want to try so many things, I don't know where to begin. I this time, I will try to get the whole line of a product from shampoo, leave-in to conditioner and any styler I'm interested in.

Darcy Botanicals is a line I have yet to try.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:26 am

iri9109 wrote:i need a new laptop 2...i just got one in like may but i dont like it and it was just a quick fix to get me through my school work b/c my lil bro threw my other one in the middle of the street b/c i didnt take him to the store (smh) ...i want a mac...what kind are you getting?

Hi Iri

A mac would be nice, but I'm can't see paying that much for a laptop!! No I'm looking for the most speed, space with a webcam I can get between $600 or $700 tops. I paid about $438 tax and all for the one I have, so I hope to catch a great sale when I get ready to purchase this one.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:32 am

NubieNatty wrote:them mac books starting to go down i see, i was lookin in the best buy ads n they had some on sale for 1k!! still aint on my level cuz i WILL be gettin whatever ones on SALE for blk friday UNDER $500 silent

i just had to chuckle when u mentioned comin to work to get rest cuz i've always felt the same way. sometimes my job is my little quiet sanctuary away from family n LIFE!! i also realized i need to stay at work to keep me from spending money i dont have Rolling Eyes im glad ur enjoyin ur job though.

yessss i totally understand ur new found love for un-perfect hair. i was actually mad when my overly moisturized hair came out too perfect n well-defined cuz it just didnt seem right. the messier the better Very Happy i even learned to embrace the frizz...i mean...that is the whole point of this naturalness anywayz!

ok so i cant wait for pics and umm...can u also UPDATE ur avi cuz im tired of lookin at the top of yo head tongue

Hey Nubie...

If I wait for black Friday I'll use my bonus on something for my sons. They always have some need that comes up, and I end up doing for them instead.

Yes....lovin the real state of natural hair. I promised myself that I would not wear a puff for 30 days. No matter what is going on. I discovered my mom was adjusting to my natural hair because of the semi-straightness of the smooth look of the puff!! So was I... Embarassed So I'm embracing the trueness of being natural!! Very Happy I say you chunky twist-out from this weekend and it was prefect in a natural not prefect kinda of way. (hope that made sense...LOL)

I was so proud of my flat twists I was kinda liking that avatar Missy!! lol! Picture changed per your request!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 29th September 2010, 8:35 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
iri9109 wrote:i need a new laptop 2...i just got one in like may but i dont like it and it was just a quick fix to get me through my school work b/c my lil bro threw my other one in the middle of the street b/c i didnt take him to the store (smh) ...i want a mac...what kind are you getting?

Hi Iri

A mac would be nice, but I'm can't see paying that much for a laptop!! No I'm looking for the most speed, space with a webcam I can get between $600 or $700 tops. I paid about $438 tax and all for the one I have, so I hope to catch a great sale when I get ready to purchase this one.

yeah i just looked at the prices last night...the reg one is 999 but i want the pro and the one i want (15'') is 1799!!!!! my cousin works at best buy so im gonna use his discount, but i still didnt want to pay that much...i might have to just get the regular one or the 13'' pro for 1199 before the discount...its gonna be a while before i get it anyways, but let us know which on you get!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:47 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Looking good lady! Great job on the flat twists.

Don't forget to take time out for yourselves & Penny Wink .

Just like a PJ, already making list for November. How many of Darcy Botanical items do you have? I know you have the mask. I'd suggest the leave in and milk also--so very moisturizing.

Thanks Chrs.....I was so proud of those flat twists!! I am trying to schedule time for me and Penny this weekend...I so overdue for my henna and I want to do an Alma treatment. So I'm trying to schedule some time with myself Friday night. However, I just got invited to my friends birthday happy hour! **sigh** So I'll start when I get home, and finish up early Saturday if Xander doesn't have football practice. Rolling Eyes

So you know I missed the HairVeda sale...had my cart full then waited to long to check out. So I do have a list of products I want to try.

Darcy is on the top and you know the DC is the first item. (I will thank you for the rest of my natural life for that tip) I have the pomade, but haven't used it yet. I want to try the spritz, and thanks for the suggestion so the milk and the leave-in is on my list now!!! LOL

I do plan to re-stock on my Qhemet products need a couple of things, try the DC from Bee Mine and get my shampoo bar (I'm low), and re-order my Curl Define and check out some other butters from AfroVeda. Also I am going to try a few HairVeda products as well. I seems like a lot, but I only need a few things bit from each line....

I'm so behind with getting caught up with everyone....I'm coming to your house for dinner real soon!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:50 am

iri9109 wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hi Iri

yeah i just looked at the prices last night...the reg one is 999 but i want the pro and the one i want (15'') is 1799!!!!! my cousin works at best buy so im gonna use his discount, but i still didnt want to pay that much...i might have to just get the regular one or the 13'' pro for 1199 before the discount...its gonna be a while before i get it anyways, but let us know which on you get!

I'm so glad it is going down. Maybe I can afford it by the time Xander goes off to college!! I'm starting my search and research now..so I'll make sure to keep everyone posted when I finally decide on which one I will get. I will not be a Dell...unless I get a real good deal and can find it in orange!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:51 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hey KNH,

I so need to start saving for Blk Friday sale. I have been really good and not bought in hair products in a couple of months. I want to try so many things, I don't know where to begin. I this time, I will try to get the whole line of a product from shampoo, leave-in to conditioner and any styler I'm interested in.

Darcy Botanicals is a line I have yet to try.

Hey BBella

Darcy is a good line. Try the DC you will so love it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 8:52 am

NubieNatty wrote:chrsy...GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

I know I thought I was the only one making a list!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 9:20 am

Morning Ladies...

Xander just informed me that I was going to make him late...so all I have time to do is post a couple of pictures... Rolling Eyes (he acts like he's my husband)

I'm twisted at work!!
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Dsci0710

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Dsci0711

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Dsci0712

The pictures and my avatar are from yesterday...all pinned up!!!
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Dsci0713

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 20 Dsci0714

Have a good day...I'll check back this afternoon!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 29th September 2010, 9:26 am

cute! i like your color 2
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th September 2010, 11:33 am

WOW, now thats cute, your color is nice. Is it from your henna?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next