CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by priceless 26th October 2010, 4:59 pm

sooooooooooo i have not been on here in a while and decided to catch up on whats going on with some people journal. Wow so sorry that all that happen to you and your mom. wow that sounds like they totally had a master key some how. Sue and get as much as you can. save all reciets and documentation of the incident even everything that you have to replace. that is crazy i heard of people get some things taken but everything in the room and the hotel has a no not paying for anything attitude ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

On another note the hair is looking great glad that you at least got new products that work for you.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 8:29 am

priceless wrote:sooooooooooo i have not been on here in a while and decided to catch up on whats going on with some people journal. Wow so sorry that all that happen to you and your mom. wow that sounds like they totally had a master key some how. Sue and get as much as you can. save all reciets and documentation of the incident even everything that you have to replace. that is crazy i heard of people get some things taken but everything in the room and the hotel has a no not paying for anything attitude ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

On another note the hair is looking great glad that you at least got new products that work for you.

Hey Priceless..

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah that was an ordeal. Anyway...I am glad I finally found a product line that my hair loves!! I'm going to stick with it...so I guess my PJism will slow down now!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 8:34 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:You and Penny are looking Fierce!! I'm glad you are able to move on. Happy Pre Anniversary.
Smooches.

Hey Shee...

Thanks girl. Yeah gotta move on..can't let that hold me hostage!! Thanks I'm kinda excited...ready to focus on healthy hair and length retention!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:You are ROCKING those twist outs! Go head now! Looking good! I can't see the slide show on the iPad! I will look at home later, but I am sure you look beautiful!

Hey Sweet...thanks that is a very nice thing for you to say!!!

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey KHN,
The twist out is great! Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the freedom of the kinky twists.

Hi FM4

How are you doing? I am enjoying my twist out styles, but I'm ready for a little break. Depending on how much the stylist may have to trim I plan to wear Kinky Twists for 6 weeks; then wear my hair out two weeks; then get Kinky Twist again. I'm participating in a growth challenge from now until April. So I really wanted to protect my hair during the colder months.

Thanks for stopping by....

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th October 2010, 9:52 am

Hey KNH,
Your twistout looks really good. Sounds like you've had a lot going on lately but looks like things are working out. I'll have to go back and catch up later. Just wanted to drop in while I had a little free time. And whatever you are doing for the color on your hair is really fabulous, the reddish color really pops. Good luck with the trim and kinky twists.

TTYS, ~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 5:10 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Your twistout looks really good. Sounds like you've had a lot going on lately but looks like things are working out. I'll have to go back and catch up later. Just wanted to drop in while I had a little free time. And whatever you are doing for the color on your hair is really fabulous, the reddish color really pops. Good luck with the trim and kinky twists.

TTYS, ~Dva

Thanks girl....missed yah!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Empty AfroVeda is having a SALE!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 5:12 pm

Not sure if this is even low enough for yah...but she is having a sale on all her butters. The sale ends October 31st...here's the link in case anybody is interested.

AfroVeda's Butters Sale
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Empty AfroVeda is having a SALE!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 5:14 pm

title change
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 5:15 pm

title change again!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th October 2010, 5:20 pm

Thanks, what do yu use for you twist?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 12:02 am

CrissyQ wrote:Thanks, what do yu use for you twist?

Hey Crissy....

Curl Define and Shel Alma Butter from AfroVeda..that's it!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 8:00 am

okay....I've been up since 4am. I guess this salon appointment/trim has me really stress out!! affraid I'm going to Zayd's which is a all natural salon. JnB referred me to the young lady that does her hair. **sigh** I met her and she's really nice so I hope all goes well.

Well I took a picture of Penny yesterday...she was in my favorite style...yes a twisted puff!!! LOL

I'll post pictures of Penny in her Kinky Twist protective style tomorrow.

Wish me luck!!

I tried to get to everyone I hadn't visited in a while...started with page 2 of CSJ and worked my way up. Still didn't get to visited everyone... No

Have a great day everyone!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th October 2010, 8:09 am

Hey KNH! Sorry to hear you're freaking about this salon visit. It's going to be fine! I was really considering getting some kinky twists in a few weeks because my hair is at that awkward in between stage now... How much is she charging?? & What hair are you using?

Can't wait to see the pics of Penny twisted up!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th October 2010, 9:11 am

Good luck with the salon visit.

Can't wait to see pics ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 11:36 am

So this is not startimg out well. My appointment was for 9 I am waiting and she took someone with locs before me. I guess some things never change.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th October 2010, 11:52 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:So this is not startimg out well. My appointment was for 9 I am waiting and she took someone with locs before me. I guess some things never change.

Lol, you know how Salons are! But you will be fine, I am excited for you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th October 2010, 12:29 pm

Give her some time, has she started yet?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th October 2010, 12:44 pm

Hey KNH,

Everything is going to be fine. Did you take your own products this time?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th October 2010, 4:58 pm

Hope your experience got better after the loc person got out of her chair. Looking forward to seeing your smile and twists!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th October 2010, 8:09 pm

Hello?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 11:50 pm

Okay y'all are so going to love this!!! I have to laugh at myself sometimes.No

So she took me about 10am, but prior to that...I got up and went to her work area, and asked her if I could speak with her for a sec. Now keep in mind I'm having years of relaxed salon days flash backs. affraid

So we walk to the front and I nicely ask for my deposit back. Rolling Eyes

I told her that I had an appointment for 9am, and I had been there since 8:45am. I was very nice and soft spoken...cause I was just going to leave. I mean if I could be on time; she should have been ready for me at my time not doing locs on someone that was a regular that she decided to squeeze in! That's just not right!! Evil or Very Mad (I know I was trippin...she was really very sweet, I would have told my crazy behind okay..here's your deposit..LOL)

So she apologized and told me that this person called at the last minute and someone else took the appointment and deleted mine. Suspect She realized the mistake yesterday and re-booked my appointment. (so that explains the confirmation e-mail I got yesterday) Well to make a long story short...she offered to discount my services, but she would give me my deposit back if I really wanted to leave. She kept apologizing...and I decided to stay because I really wanted my ends trimmed.

I didn't take my own products, because she used Nairobi's natural line. She gave the best shampoo that I've had in a long time. She did use conditioner, and that made my detangling session very easy. However, she didn't use a leave-in. I guess that wasn't a bid deal. She cut about 1/4 of an inch in the very front, and trimmed the left side a little and trimmed the back and right side to shape up the mess I made in my head. She gave me a mirror and I am pleased. I'm sure what she cut will grow and I hope not to be too short in 6 weeks. (that's when I'm take my twists down)

I paid full price....she did a good job and she was very professional and patient with me. (just plain ole shell shocked from my relaxed days for real) LOL

So....I was there for about 7 hrs....(I'm so worn out) and the results are below. (I'll post better pictures tomorrow...just too tired tonight to pose and get jazzy results) However, wanted to share pictures like I promised)

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0819

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14730961/370]KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0820[/url

Well I have some a few more, but I can't seem to get them loaded tonight. I'll post those later. Just a couple of Penny before twists, and a few of me trying to figure out how to pin all of that hair up for work tomorrow. Those that were on this journey with me when I wore braids...know that I will NOT wear ALL of this hair down...ROTFLMBO!!!

Night ladies....I will be going back and getting more twist but I may be using Baby Curls human hair. Gonna have to save up for it. It's human hair that can be used again. So since I'm going to be wearing this protective style throughout the winter I might make this investment.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 12:02 am

sorry this post ^^^^ is so long and sloppy...something is going on with my computer...

The pictures below are of me trying to figure out how to pin all of this hair up!!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0822

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0823

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0824

A couple of Penny before twists....
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0825

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 29 Dsci0826

In the picture above I'm really trying to show off my eyeshadow!! LOL

Night ladies!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th October 2010, 12:18 am

Your twist are CUTE!!!

LOL @ you about to acting up in the salon....asking for your deposit back LOL!!!

Love the eyeshadow. I need to start wearing eyeshadow. I'm scared I will look like a clown. LOL!!

Cute headband too!!!

WEAR THOSE TWIST DOWN!!! lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 29th October 2010, 12:30 am

You better than me...I don't know what it would take to get me back in a salon again.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 29th October 2010, 1:35 am

Your twists look great. I'm glad you're happy with the results considering the wait. I'm still working up the gumption to find my way into a salon. I think it will take a personal recommendation from a fellow natural in my area to finally get me there lol.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th October 2010, 5:32 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist are CUTE!!!

LOL @ you about to acting up in the salon....asking for your deposit back LOL!!!

Love the eyeshadow. I need to start wearing eyeshadow. I'm scared I will look like a clown. LOL!!

Cute headband too!!!

WEAR THOSE TWIST DOWN!!!
lol!

What she said! Looking good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next