CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 17 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by NubieNatty 12th September 2010, 10:59 am

oh yea and dnt worry bout the weight "gain" becuz with working out ur gonna gain it in muscle first then the fats fall off afterwards. so dont get discouraged cuz ur still on the right path! i'd much rather lose inches than anything.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 17 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by TheRYL1 12th September 2010, 3:15 pm

What's going on KNH!

I saw your reunion pics...reunions are fun! Since my 20th, my classmates have been getting together regularly. We realized how much we missed each other! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 8:24 pm

CocoEuro wrote:awesome!!! you don't look like you were in high school 1979!!!!

Thanks Coco...yes ma'am it's been 31 years. I can't believe it either. It seems like time flew by!!

TheRYL1 wrote:What's going on KNH!

I saw your reunion pics...reunions are fun! Since my 20th, my classmates have been getting together regularly. We realized how much we missed each other! LOL

Hey RYL1

Reunions are fun....I don't think we miss each other. I think we've reached a point in our lives where we are not getting married, raising kids, or getting divorce!! LOL So now that we have nothing to do we enjoy getting together and hanging out now!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 8:36 pm

NubieNatty wrote: Shocked yall do look good...31 yrs!! wow! u are such the queen of puffs. ive yet to find something i didnt like before that i like now silent but moreso stuff i liked before but not now Rolling Eyes

Thanks Nubie...we've held up well!!! LOL I love puffs, but this time I had a hard time with my detangling process!!! It took forever, so this week I'm all twisted up!! Either I didn't know what I was doing I just don't know, but I gave all of my AfroVeda stuff away. (I swapped for other products) However, now...I love the Curl Define and Shea Alma Butter!! I don't know why the change...

ur hair is looking thicker and i dont see that u lost much length even with ur cut extravaganza Razz look at ol' xander, he's tryin to put on that snoop dogg grin but im sure he's as soft as the doughboy. ur doing a good job w/keepin him busy in sports n school cuz its hard out here for young black men to try n find their identity n not end up as followers. it starts at home!!

I think my puff/hair looks thicker as well. The puff has allowed me to camouflage my different lengths!! LOL

Yeah...Xander is a lifesaver candy. He is a very sweet, thoughtful, and loving child. He is so funny always trying to look hard and ghetto...that mess gets on my nerves!!! He has such a beautiful smile, but I haven't seen it in about 5 years! (he doesn't smile when he takes pictures)

NubieNatty wrote:oh yea and dnt worry bout the weight "gain" becuz with working out ur gonna gain it in muscle first then the fats fall off afterwards. so dont get discouraged cuz ur still on the right path! i'd much rather lose inches than anything.

I am so worried about the weight gain, so I'm going to pay more attention to what I eat. I'm going to make every effort to say away from Whataburger and Jack-in-the-Box!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 8:52 pm

Hi Ladies...

Well...I tried a few things with my regiment last night. I did a pre-poo and then I shampooed, then after that I did a dc with AOHSR, honey, and EVOO. Well....I feel asleep with the conditioner and the heat cap on. I woke up about 4:30am and rinsed out the dc, and I really didn't like the way Penny felt. I think I used too much honey. (of course you know I always use way too much products)

So I pull out my Darcy's DC and Qhemet's Serum, and can I say moisture city!!

So...I used Giovanna direct leave-in, and more Qhemet's serum, and decided to flat twist the front and twist the back. It took me about 2 hrs to flat twist the front. (I used AfroVeda's Curl Define to twist with) Can I say I was exhausted, but I think I did an alright job.

So I thought I would have fun with Renee again, so I'm flat twisted in the front and kicking with Renee in the back.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 17 Dsci0629

I plan to use AfroVeda's Shea Alma butter every night to seal and see what type of twist out I'll have by Friday.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 12th September 2010, 8:55 pm

Hi KNH

I just stopped by to show some love. BTW I would have never thought you graduated from highschool 31 years ago.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 9:01 pm

KeAnia wrote:Hi KNH

I just stopped by to show some love. BTW I would have never thought you graduated from highschool 31 years ago.

Hey KeAnia...

Thanks for coming by....yes ma'am 31 years ago I was a senior in high school. affraid lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 12th September 2010, 9:10 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 17 Dsci0628

Is that Tyler Perry sitting behind you? LOL. It's always great to hook up with old friends Smile Penny looks like she's doing wonderfully! Sorry the honey EVOO mix didn't work for you. Did you use RAW honey or pure honey? Of course it also could have just been mixing those products with the condish you used. . .
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 9:46 pm

Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Is that Tyler Perry sitting behind you? LOL. It's always great to hook up with old friends Smile Penny looks like she's doing wonderfully! Sorry the honey EVOO mix didn't work for you. Did you use RAW honey or pure honey? Of course it also could have just been mixing those products with the condish you used. . .

Girl...he does look like Tyler Perry!! LOL Raw or pure....hummmm I don't know. I guess I better check that out!! So is there a special type of conditioner I should have used? I guess I better do some more research!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by Muz!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th September 2010, 11:01 pm

Love the profile pic!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th September 2010, 12:27 am

Your hair looks awesome!! I love that look on you!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th September 2010, 12:36 am

Hey KNH! You definitely work that flat twist and Renee in the back look! Penny is definitely getting some TLC...

I've got to revisit the AOHSR/honey/EVOO mix. I used to do it when I was transitioning and never thought to do it again since being fully natural...

The Reunion looked like fun. I was sooo ready to get out of high school, I dont even think I wanna go to my reunion. lol, I still see some of my classmates here and there though...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 13th September 2010, 1:09 am

Hey KNH! Uh, you REALLY don't look like you graduated high school in '79. You look great! Now lemme see your ID. Suspect Don't feel bad--I carded ChrsLvsBks too. Smile

I really like the flat twists on you--you definitely wear them well! Now if my poor behind can learn to flat twist PROPERLY. They always come out all janky and fuzzy. scratch

Anywho, have a great night/morning (Just got off work.)!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 7:46 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the profile pic!

Hey Sweet....thanks girl!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 7:50 am

nattyblog wrote:Your hair looks awesome!! I love that look on you!

Thank you Nattyb...

I'm so excited because my flat twists actually look nice. It took me about 2 hrs just to do the front, because I started with wet hair, but as my hair began to dry it was easier to twist. So I had to redo the right side. I really like the results...

I know that you are very busy now, so thanks for stopping by!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 7:55 am

jlowman1 wrote:Hey KNH! You definitely work that flat twist and Renee in the back look! Penny is definitely getting some TLC...

I've got to revisit the AOHSR/honey/EVOO mix. I used to do it when I was transitioning and never thought to do it again since being fully natural...

The Reunion looked like fun. I was sooo ready to get out of high school, I dont even think I wanna go to my reunion. lol, I still see some of my classmates here and there though...

Hey Jlow...

Thanks hon....Penny was long over due for some TLC. Plus I'm trying to get ready for the fall and cool weather by trying what really works as it relates to adding, sealing and maintaining moisture.

I think I used too much honey in my mixture...I really didn't like the results.

I had a ball at the game. I didn't really enjoy my 10 year or 20 year reunion, (and I was on the planning committee) but our 30 year was real nice. Everyone appear to be more down to earth, and really glad to reconnect with each other.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 7:57 am

LadyMika wrote:Hey KNH! Uh, you REALLY don't look like you graduated high school in '79. You look great! Now lemme see your ID. Suspect Don't feel bad--I carded ChrsLvsBks too. Smile

I really like the flat twists on you--you definitely wear them well! Now if my poor behind can learn to flat twist PROPERLY. They always come out all janky and fuzzy. scratch

Anywho, have a great night/morning (Just got off work.)!

Hey LadyM!!!

That's okay you can card me...(I get that a LOT) LOL

I like the way my flat twist turned out this time...it took me about 2 hrs to get it right! I've been trying this style for 10 1/2 months. So keep at it!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th September 2010, 8:03 am

Good Morning KNH,

Your flat twists look really good! Glad to see Renee back so that you can give Penny some rest Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 8:14 am

Good Morning!!

Just a brief update to start the week.

Health: My goal this week is to make it to the fitness center at least 3 days!! In order to accomplish this I have to get to bed at least by 10pm every night. That will be the challenge, because I have something to to after work today and tomorrow. However, I feel very rested right now, so I'm going to do my best to get there!!

Hair: I'm trying to get my regiment together for the fall/cooler weather. I tried a few things with my regiment this weekend, and I discovered that I get the best results with my dc's when I use EVCO. Also, I noticed that I had great results using Qhemet's Castor Moringa Softening Serum...with my leave-in instead of EVCO. Last but not least...I'm really liking the results I'm getting with the AfroVeda products I'm using right now. I'm using the Curl Define and the sample I received of the Shea Alma Whipped Butter Cream. This stuff is straight moisture!! I did my puff with the Curl Define last week, and I did my flat twists with it yesterday as well. I'm very impressed.....I will do a product review later. I want to use this product for a least two more weeks.

General: Well I have a busy week ahead of me. (I know what's new) Xander doesn't have a game this week...I think this is their bi-week. However, this weekend is the home opener for my oldest son's school. I'm sure most of you know by now that he is in the band at LSU. So we will be hitting the road for that game!! I'm so excited because this will be my mothers first time attending one of the games!! She is so excited that she started packing two week ago!! lol!

Well...I guess I've got to get up and get this week started.

Have a Wonderful Week ladies!!! Be Blessed!! sunny

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 8:18 am

krazy coils wrote:Good Morning KNH,

Your flat twists look really good! Glad to see Renee back so that you can give Penny some rest Smile

Morning KC...

I was real excited with my results. I've been trying to prefect my flat twists for months now. I just took my time. Penny is happy about this break. I think she was a little out done with my cutting adventure last week!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th September 2010, 10:29 am

Your flat twists look great.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th September 2010, 11:45 am

Heeyyy renee, welcome back! Your hair looks great, you did a nice job on your twist. I use AOWC as a deep conditioner and i loved it. I need to find a way to give my hair a break, maybe I will go find an alter ego. Hope your monday is good, I know mine is I'm off woot!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th September 2010, 12:35 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Girl...he does look like Tyler Perry!! LOL Raw or pure....hummmm I don't know. I guess I better check that out!! So is there a special type of conditioner I should have used? I guess I better do some more research!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by Muz!!

I don't know if there's a specific conditioner you have to use. I've used EVOO and Raw Honey with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Yes to Cucumbers and had great results.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 13th September 2010, 2:57 pm

Morning KNH, just passing through and marvel at your flat twist. Good job mamma.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th September 2010, 9:49 am

Hey lady! I was going to ask how you're doing but after reading your journal, I'm caught up. Sounds like you, penny and renee are all doing awesome! I love your flat twists. I'm still not very good at doing those, but then I guess I don't try that hard. I tend to do what get's me by. LOL! Your class reunion looked fun. My brother was in the same class here but I don't think he has ever been to a reunion. I need to get on him about that. Well, keep at your fitness goals. It's easy to fall off the wagon and difficult to get back on- that's for sure. So lately I've been super active and working to stay on the train- ya know? I've managed to lose 10lbs officially on Sunday. I've been a little lax with my eating since then but I'm back today- in full force. So keep up the good work and definitely stay away from those burger joints! Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next