CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 12 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by krazy coils 29th July 2010, 9:27 pm

Hey Nubie!

Mason is too adorable and love the new avi!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th July 2010, 2:34 pm

@npmo-i got my makeup palette from hong kong and it took about a week. i thought it would take forever too, lol.

@dva-thanx but i painted the lady, lol. he did TRY to duplicate it but uh...it looked more like mush, lol.

@lynnie-giiiirrrrl i was almost star struck myself but i used to work at the airport so when i seen celebs all the time and their really like the avg joe...we just see em on tv, lol.

So yesterday i wanted to attempt my rinse again but didnt feel like it nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_redface and my main focus was moreso on my DC cuz my fro' was feeling a bit rough! so i dc'd w/my sitri n QB honey balm (love this combo) for a good 2 hrs (no heat)...im actually gettin to about half of the sitri jar so im gonna re-up IF there's another sale or try some darcy's....im really itchin to try them so i need suggestions on what styler to get too, so far in my wish list for darcy's is the DC, peach kernel and cocoa bean oil and the avocado n honey twisting creme or something.

but anyhoo, i did detangle a little before i applied my dc w/???? (i cant remember right now, lol) and surprisingly it wasnt as bad as i thought. since i was in the mood to do my hair after i rinsed out my dc, and started on my coils. I made my water n oil spritz w/jasmine, amla gold, castor, jojoba and vitamin e and styled w/kbb creme n kbn lavendar gel.

i've come to the conclusion that my cremes will only be good for the summer time becuz butters are too heavy right now with this heat. im not too fond on my QB burdock becuz i feel like its too light but i gotta use it cuz it works for me in this heat nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes !! anyhoo, my kbb n kbn gel was an awesome combo and i was listening to my pandora n just got in a groove n before i know it i was done. it probably took me a good 2 hrs, if that. i went in sections so it made it easier for me!

i didnt use a comb becuz i feel like it slows me down. i just used my fingers n twirled em. im really proud of these becuz in the beginning i was a bit intimidated to do my whole head and thought i'd get tired easily. they didnt take long to air dry and i still went over em wit the hand dryer to make sure. their not hard n crunchy and i plan to keep em in til about next tues then do a coil out. i just woke up this morning...spritz'd, shook n fluffed em out and their still in place. my kbn gel gave me some pretty good hold with NO crunch! what i do need to do is stop n pick up some scissors to get the cutting my ends while its coiled up. i'll mainly do the front cuz i wont even lie to myself to get the back!

nubienatty - Page 12 Anim_2635d3d9-e599-3bf4-0164-23417623218f
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th July 2010, 2:46 pm

Those are cute!! I like the coiled look on you.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th July 2010, 3:12 pm

thanx npmo!! i just had an A-HA moment and im wondering...

would i be able to mix my rinse w/condish that way i can kill 2 birds wit one stone and not have to follow my rinse w/condish? nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_scratch

im thinkin the last attempt i rinsed out the color when i added the condish...well that along wit not addin heat too but im just curious too....
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th July 2010, 3:21 pm

I don't think you want to condish until afterwards. so the rinse can adhere to your hair with the heat.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th July 2010, 3:26 pm

hey chica
just stopping by to say hi and how are liking your new place. the coils are looking so juicey i love the shine
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th July 2010, 3:35 pm

Those coils look great. Can't wait to see your coilout.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th July 2010, 4:05 pm

OMG your hair is soooo long! what the heck you been doing???????
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 31st July 2010, 12:37 am

you go girl !!!!! those coils are fabulous !!!! really cute and your hair is growing Lady.

What kind of rinse are you using ?and sometime they call for you to wash your hair first .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 31st July 2010, 1:02 am

Those coils are on point!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st July 2010, 8:53 pm

thanx guys!! @curly, i used this cellophane color...cant think of the name on the bottle but its a really thick consistency in a bright red, the directions did say to poo first...which i did nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_neutral but i really think its cuz i didnt use heat....im impatient wit the hair dryer!

So today we made cupcakes for the gram'nea's birthday tomorrow and mason was very involved...until they were done and then he was more concerned with just EATING them. i said...we gotta put the frosting on em and he was like "i dont wanna do nothing no more, i just wanna eat my cupcake" nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes

I must confess...i love left over cake batter AND cookie dough nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_eek nope..i have no business eating it but I DO!!
nubienatty - Page 12 Anim_3e5a947f-cb41-1b64-d5cb-9cc9ce9a2c47

I also dragged him shopping with me this morning...i splurged at the bss ($20) and decided to try my "andre 3000" turban and found...FINALLY my pink amber rose lip (NYX "doll pink")

nubienatty - Page 12 Anim_1fe93414-7abb-50b4-bd45-d825a2a2b2a7

My coils are holding up well. i spritz em before bed and when i wake up! i rub some coconut oil my palms and kinda fluff em out a bit to rid my "bed head" look in the back! i might do my coil out sooner than expected, only becuz im anxious nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_bounce surprisingly my coils arent fuzzy or anything so thats a plus!

have a good wknd laydeez!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st July 2010, 10:55 pm

Love those coils Nubie, I agree they look juicy!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 31st July 2010, 11:49 pm

cute coils! ur hair is really getting longer...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st August 2010, 12:59 am

Those coils look REALLY REALLY good!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st August 2010, 3:16 am

Hey Nubie....

Those coils are on point!!! So you used KBB and KBN gel? That's all? What KBB product...(did I miss this) Sorry...I'm sleepy and I wanted to stop by and see what you were up to, and I was pleasantly surprised!

OBTW....I put the package in the mail Friday. The cleaning people decided to clean my office...(which is first) and they threw away my boxes!! So let me know when you get your package!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st August 2010, 11:33 am

I like those coils, I did some on riday night and they looked ok, the back is fine but I can never get the front how I want them. however it looks like you did yours coming to the front? maybe next week i will try that.

Your hair is growing very nicely, and can you mail me a cupcake? they look yummy.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 1st August 2010, 7:31 pm

Beautiful coils, Nubie!!! Your hair is getting so long and thick! High five, chica!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 2nd August 2010, 11:11 am

Those coils look great Nubie. They look like they will be a good coil out.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd August 2010, 12:33 pm

let me start off AGAIN by saying...I HATE MONDAYS nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_mad but i had a good wknd. we went to westmoreland park yesterday somewhere in the outer parts of VA (montross to be exact) and had a cookout. we actually was being ghetto n ruffed a vacant cabin type shed equip w/tables and a big grill enclosed on a fireplace becuz it was reserved for someone else...as indicated on the sign BUT since nobody was there to claim it...we just helped ourselves (and stayed on the lookout for the person to claim it nubienatty - Page 12 Suspect )

im actually about to warm up these ribs now as we speak! i'll more than likely be doin my coil out for tomorrow becuz its starting to fuzz on me and im just anxious to wear it out, so stay tuned for before n after pics! im gonna use coconut oil to coil em out.

ok so now i have a question...for some reason i hate when people try to get all technical wit this whole "natural" hair subject when u mention coloring your hair or adding extensions. My definition of being natural has always been no perm, texturizers n etc..soooo if i color my hair, get kinky w/EXTENSION or braid up my natural hair to throw on a wig or add weave...am i not natural? nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_scratch

i actually found a good discussion on it on afrobella
http://www.afrobella.com/2009/06/09/define-your-natural/
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 2nd August 2010, 12:39 pm

NubieNatty wrote:let me start off AGAIN by saying...I HATE MONDAYS nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_mad but i had a good wknd. we went to westmoreland park yesterday somewhere in the outer parts of VA (montross to be exact) and had a cookout. we actually was being ghetto n ruffed a vacant cabin type shed equip w/tables and a big grill enclosed on a fireplace becuz it was reserved for someone else...as indicated on the sign BUT since nobody was there to claim it...we just helped ourselves (and stayed on the lookout for the person to claim it nubienatty - Page 12 Suspect )

im actually about to warm up these ribs now as we speak! i'll more than likely be doin my coil out for tomorrow becuz its starting to fuzz on me and im just anxious to wear it out, so stay tuned for before n after pics! im gonna use coconut oil to coil em out.

ok so now i have a question...for some reason i hate when people try to get all technical wit this whole "natural" hair subject when u mention coloring your hair or adding extensions. My definition of being natural has always been no perm, texturizers n etc..soooo if i color my hair, get kinky w/EXTENSION or braid up my natural hair to throw on a wig or add weave...am i not natural? nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_scratch

[url=http://www.afrobella.com/2009/06/09/define-your-natural/
http://www.afrobella.com/2009/06/09/define-your-natural/[/quote[/url]]

Hey NubieNatty I agree with you I think natural is when your hair is chemical free of perms, texturizers and etc...some of us, ehem, me included sometimes want and need a little chemical coloroing help. I'm doing henna right now but if I decide to go back to my chemical color, very unlikley, but if I do I will still consider myself natural because my CurlyBop will still be in its natural curly state.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 2nd August 2010, 12:42 pm

NubieNatty wrote:let me start off AGAIN by saying...I HATE MONDAYS nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_mad but i had a good wknd. we went to westmoreland park yesterday somewhere in the outer parts of VA (montross to be exact) and had a cookout. we actually was being ghetto n ruffed a vacant cabin type shed equip w/tables and a big grill enclosed on a fireplace becuz it was reserved for someone else...as indicated on the sign BUT since nobody was there to claim it...we just helped ourselves (and stayed on the lookout for the person to claim it nubienatty - Page 12 Suspect )

[url=http://www.afrobella.com/2009/06/09/define-your-natural/
http://www.afrobella.com/2009/06/09/define-your-natural/[/quote[/url]]

NOPE!!! And you're kicked out of the natural club!!! lol.... Whatever! I think it's up to each person to decide what they feel is natural. Folks need to be worrying about whats growing (or not growing) out of their heads and not yours!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd August 2010, 1:09 pm

yes i agree, lol. i mean im not a natural hair mascot and i dont beat people with perms down or bash em cuz if i ever decide i want a perm in my head its my business but people kill me tryin to get so technical n box naturals in as if they cant do ANYTHING to its natural hair. soooo if i throw in some hair candy am i not natural? if i choose to put products in my hair, im not natural? it just makes no sense.

my co-worker wanted to argue me down becuz karen (my natural twin) got kinky twist (w/extensions) and he's like...how is that natural cuz that aint her hair nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes ...well DUMB AZZ how about her hair is naturally twisted in the middle of extensions nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes . i mean its not that serious cuz whether i have bright red or vivacious blonde hair its still natural becuz when i say natural im referencing my texture hmph **nose in air**

nubienatty - Page 12 Icon_rr THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd August 2010, 3:37 pm

I agree. I also color my hair from time to time. I have a few wigs that I refer to as hats and currently looking for a curlly half wig for the winter and also because some days I have those GOOD LAWD I need to wash, condish, etc my hair but i don't have time and I gotta go days. So I through on a hat(wig) and I'm out. Because under my hair may be flattwist or still damp and it is cold as all get out and don't need any frozen twists.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd August 2010, 4:08 pm

lmaooooooooo@ your "hat" nubienatty - Page 12 Lol
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 2nd August 2010, 10:50 pm

I used to know a woman that referred to her wigs as furry hats!!! She would even go to the wig shop during her lunch break and buy a new "hat" to wear for the rest of the day!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next