CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+59
nattyblog
QuietButterfly
Serenity23
curlsunfurled
priceless
Notthecoolmom
coilykinks
swoodward
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
jamaicacurl
NylaCoils
iri9109
krazy coils
TMS
.:Eden:.
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
crvng4mr
Curly_Aquarius
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
newcurlieque
Nikcoils
missmoriah
sunbaby
AfrikanLatina
tashafawn24
tiashaunteƩ
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
DvaAuNaturel
traveljunkie08
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
Karyn
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
neethair
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
Blackbeauty
FierceNerd
NubieNatty
63 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

nubienatty Empty nubienatty

Post by NubieNatty 23rd November 2009, 9:32 am

Do i really need an intro? I've been conversing with you guys for the past few wks now and this forum is becoming an obsession! im at work as we speak and my routine BEFORE i went natural (sept 2009) was checking my gossip blogs and bank accts online. NOW my blogroll consists of curlynikki, newlynatural, blackgirllonghair, agrllcnmac, natural chica, fly, afrobella and motowngirl. I definitely check my bank acct more often becuz along with my hair affair, im like pookie in any store...i try to stay away from the hair and beauty section but "it keeps callin me". I make my wish list of hair products to conquer, lol.

I havent had dandruff or an itchy scalp since i've gone natural and its just so orgasmic to let the water hit my head whenever i feel like it. i love mixing different oils w/the eo's to come up with something to moisturize my hair. still up for suggestions on that! yesterday i did my oil rinse and im gonna add that to do more often cuz my hair drinks up HH and with it gettin colder im'ma need it.

I havent got to the point where im so frustrated that i miss my permie days. even though Affirm misses me im sure, lol. ok let me "attempt" to post pics...

smooches
kisha

Last edited by NubieNatty on 3rd May 2010, 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

nubienatty Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by NubieNatty 23rd November 2009, 9:42 am

Me and my Ex (Affirm perm) in Aug 2009
nubienatty Lovin_10

My mini BC; Oct 2009
nubienatty Wash_n10

Halloween 2009, nevermind that fine man sittin on my lap, oh wait thats my son, mason!
nubienatty Full_e10
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceNerd 23rd November 2009, 9:50 am

I LOVE those shades!!! I love how you call your perm your "ex" i may have to use that one! What did you mean when you said you did an oil rinse?
FierceNerd
FierceNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd November 2009, 9:59 am

its an oil rinse instruction list somewhere on here but i found mine at newly natural too! i just tweaked mine though; some people add oil to their hair as a pre-poo then u rinse and do ur regular poo and/or co-wash. what I did was clarify my hair w/suave clarifyin poo (cuz i had gel n etc in my hair already n wanted to start fresh), then i did a thin layer of the hello hydration (cuz my hair loves it) and rinsed. From there i made my own lil rinse concoction (vitamin e, castor, jojoba, few drops of tea tree and rosemary) and greased my scalp and baggied for like almost an hour. I rinsed n put on a leave in.

Im in the dc area so it's gettin kinda chilly and i gotta keep up with moisturizing. this oil rinse thing definitely helped me. the castor is nice n thick so it coates really good.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceNerd 23rd November 2009, 10:36 am

Oh okay I just never heard anyone call it an oil rinse I always hear it called a hot oil treatment! Yeah I do that every once in a while and my hair loves it. I use Olive oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Coconut Oil. I will be adding jojoba oil as soon as I pick some up. How do you like the rosemary? I wanted to try but didnt know what good it would do for my hair...
FierceNerd
FierceNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 6:34 pm

I agree with ur 1st post it feels so good to wet my hair wenever i please. to some ppl its not a big deal but if u had relaxer that was something i could never do as freely i wanted. So what inspired you to go natural?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd November 2009, 6:43 pm

tiashaunte tried the oil rinse the recipe it's on her blog http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

nubienatty Empty why i went natural

Post by NubieNatty 24th November 2009, 12:07 pm

(love ur tresses blackbeauty)

i went natural with an extra push from my co-worker. she was goin natural and pulled me in but i was really hesitant at first becuz i attempted to go natural years ago. however, THAT time i was just wingin it and was growing out a short cut so i threw a bunch of gel on my hair for the "curly" look. after 3 months with lack of knowledge on how to even take care of my hair i threw in a perm n thought nothin of it. sooo fast fwd to TODAY, i had all the myths of natural hair: unmanageable, dry lookin, cant do nothin wit it. but as i researched more and more i found i can still wear my hair straight if i choose and i like the look of more volume. dont get me wrong, i dnt have the excuses most people have on how perms damaged their hair. i never had a problem with growth or thin edges. The first site of naturalness i went to was miss jessie's and i was goin thru the pics in awe of the volume natural hair gives.

So i told my co-worker after a brief hesitation that i'd go ahead and "try" it. Now im so obsessed with my hair and how my hair is so coily. i gotta find the pic of me when i was like 4 with all this thick natural hair glowing, lol. ive had a perm since i was like 10 and now at 28, i've pretty much conquered and explored any and everything from blonde, red, black, overprocessed, hella split ends, long hair, short hair, and any other kinda style u can think of. oddly enuff, i never wore weaves though. i always got braids though! i regret i didnt go natural sooner becuz its startin to change my whole lifestyle. its motivated me to eat better (ive lost 10lbs in the past 2 wks), exercise and take care of myself along with my skin (which has been flawless, btw). its like im learning myself all over again! im finding new things about myself and connecting with new people from a community like these forums; which keep me motivated. Im enrollin back in school from a 10 yr hiatus and not only am i lovin my hair but im lovin MYSELF!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 12:30 pm

I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Congrats on the 10 lb weightloss! I agree that I am more conscious as to what I eat and use on my body for moisturizing, etc.

I did an oil rinse after co-wash and before DC this weekend. It will be a part of my regimen. My hair was soft after the rinse. I used EVOO, jojoba and grapeseed oils. I never noticed the smell of grapeseed oil--smells delish.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th November 2009, 12:51 pm

i never thought to get grapeseed oil, hmmm, now i gotta add it to my list!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

nubienatty Empty Grapeseed Oil

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 1:12 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:i never thought to get grapeseed oil, hmmm, now i gotta add it to my list!

It's a lighter oil than EVOO, castor and coconut oils.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th November 2009, 12:34 pm

sooo, i dt'd yesterday w/ yes to carrots (target $13). it came out much better than last week, maybe cuz i pre-poo'd (w/oils)**shruggin shoulders** but i still wont buy it again cuz it has an expiration date (yea crazy). I also wanna see if anybody has tried the moroccan or brazilian oil by CHI...its like almost $30 for a bottle.

my little sister surprised me yesterday talkin bout she wants to go natural like me...awww how sweet! she's ventured around this site and others so she wants to keep her hair in braids. it would be nice if she sticks to it but im skeptical cuz she's only 13 and is in the stage where she cares what people think. Im still in the learning process myself and so far i've been wingin it and learning from trial n error! im tryin to keep it as simple as possible cuz for ME when i do nothin to my hair, its grows the most!

ill post pics later when i get to work tonight on my coily curls photoshoot!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 25th November 2009, 1:32 pm

look at you being inspirational nubienatty 879602 !!! Thats good that ur little sister is at least curious about it that opens the door to knowledge of her natural hair and how it could be not what others say its going to be.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th November 2009, 11:20 pm

So since i've noticed so much growth, im becoming so fascinated in just staring at my coily q's. i've given my tresses the name...Bianca Devine!

nubienatty Bianca10

No matter how much i massage my scalp to break up the curly clique, they always find a way back to each other to spill the "T"

nubienatty Bianca11
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th November 2009, 11:31 pm

yes blkbeauty, she's curious becuz she's read how its healthier for your hair to grow and etc. she's had braids for about 3 months and she has like 2 inches of new growth. she's gonna get her hair rebraided in kinky twist. i've always been her hair idol but she is not in favor of my hair now, lol. she associates long hair w/beauty!

i hope she sticks to it, this could be a fun journey for the both of us. my girlfriend went natural about 5 yrs ago, for as long as i've known her, her hair has NEVER grown past her ears. now that she's natural w/dreads her hair is down her back. how inspiring! nubienatty Icon_sunny
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th November 2009, 11:38 pm

girl, am loving your hair!! your son is a cutie!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th November 2009, 3:00 am

((thnx djewel)) nubienatty Lenny_10

**sigh** it's officially Thanxgivin and it feels like christmas is next week already! Holidays are always rough for me becuz my mom died about 8 yrs ago. Since then i always kinda dreaded the holidays and dinner hopped becuz i dnt have a big family (other than my step-parents sides). Christmas was no longer a big deal for me and i just completely lost the spirit *sniff* That was til a mere 3 yrs ago the love of my life (and god's gift to women) blessed me with his presence..mason elijah! he's totally re-motivated me around the holidays and im so greatful and thankful he's givin me a whole new outlook on life. i still cant believe this little guy looks up to me and depends on my actions. he knows when im sick and rubs my back; he knows when im sad and grabs a washcloth to was my tears and im really lookin forward to watchin him grow into this fine young man to make me proud.
nubienatty Too_co10

nubienatty Oh_so_10

i now have a christmas tree, thanx to mason. while im here at work, he's at my dad's in va and is grasping the hobby of golf, thanx to my dad **smh** so im definitely thankful for my family this holiday season. what very little i have anyway. im thankful to be here doin overtime as we speak so i can get gifts and share my blessings to those less fortunate this holiday season. im a humanitarian so its in my nature to want to give (yup, im an aquarius). I thank god everytime i swipe my card to enable my pj-ism when im running out to grab a new product. (i gotta find an organizer box now)

speakin of new, i came across this blog by andrea who's actually from the dmv area http://flygirls.typepad.com/ she's created "i love my hair" creations and is an AMAZING artist. My gift to self this year is her artwork i cant WAIT to put up in my new home...

nubienatty I_love10

HAPPY THANXGIVIN YALL
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th November 2009, 12:52 am

my hair is so NOT acting right today! i pre-poo'd w/oils so i definitely have moisture and co-washed w/giovanni and applied some leave in. This time i added the IC gel which normally goes on pretty good to make my curls pop. i have no problem w/ my coils around my head but im literally gettin frustrated w/the TOP of my head becuz its more straight and has only a slight curl. im about 2 steps away from cutting it all OFF all over again cuz im lackin patience right now nubienatty Icon_rolleyes

not even a picture right now can capture the frustration! how does anyone get curls throughout their WHOLE head? i cant be the only one w/2 textures trying to accomplish this curly solange effect...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th November 2009, 5:15 am

who defines and sets standards for "beauty"? earlier this week my lil sister took an interest in going natural becuz she notices how happy i am and is curious to test how natural hair can really make the hair healthy. however, she equates long hair w/beauty so i dont see her being as bold as the curly spotlight bc'er, brianna. I was actually touched that she made such a drastic decision at such a young age where esp in high school where image is everything.

me personally, i've always grown up w/long hair and kept cuttin it to shed that light skin long hair girl image. i hated lookin like everybody else. now and days people spend a great deal for long full hair and here i am cuttin it every chance i get. i can understand why nadia wants to keep her hair short. when you've pretty much had long hair all your life, u can appreciate the low maintenance and money saving that comes along with it. i hated bein in a salon for more than 2 hrs esp on a sat, my day was WASTED! i couldnt enjoy the summer time cuz i HATE to sweat and stayed away from the pool.

keepin it short, im excited for brianna for steppin out the box at such a young age. her courage is definitely something to admire and look up to. i look forward to seeing how long my hair will grow but for me, if i get bored or turn 50; whichever comes first...i'll be back to rocking my even steven! short hair just emphasizes the facial features. beauty aint long, short, thin or plus size. Beauty is my own self-confidence, my eclectic style, my eagerness to give back, my love for self and others. Beauty is just me!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th November 2009, 5:28 am

oh yea, ordered me some afroveda and excited to try it out. next on my wish list qhemet bio, jessicurl dt's and oyin which actually is about a 45 min drive from me so i may do a walk-in! also, waiting to see koils so i can set up my wish list.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 8:25 am

its officially BUUUUR (cold) in the dc area and i just wore a wool blended hat that literally sucked whatever moisture i had left in my hair so now its dry! i need suggestions on what to wear under my hat or any tips to keep some moisture while wearing a hat...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th November 2009, 10:46 am

Hi Nubian! Have u tried a satin bonnet or scarf? Im wearing a hat as we speak with a satin scarf underneath...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 10:54 am

hmmm, maybe i need to get a satin scarf then! where do u find em? i've never had a satin scarf before...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th November 2009, 2:47 pm

prob anywhere that sells fabric....they can cut it to whatever size u want....i got mine from my mom
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2009, 5:51 pm

Mason is a handsome child.

I enjoyed reading your posts from the last couple of days.

The wind is kicking today like yesterday. I need to find a couple of hats to wear. I saw some in Burlington & one of the other discounters that had polyester linings.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum