CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 13 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by NubieNatty 3rd August 2010, 8:10 am

ive always been scared of those "hats" cuz im scared they'll slide off nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_silent

So i did my coil out last night...oh wait..THANX KNH!!! got my package yesterday and i WILL be using it this week and im excited to try this BEE MINE line nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_biggrin . I oiled my scalp w/my afroveda shikaki oil which felt oh so good and hit my edges up w/castor n gave a good scalp massage. i figure since i'll be pretty much busy this week i wont get to have my wash day til Sun!

before...
nubienatty - Page 13 Anim_df1bd9da-0756-7964-35c9-b56db4625624

after...
nubienatty - Page 13 Anim_cc6c8142-a09a-a134-014a-4d763a44aeb3

i need to work on perfecting more volume at the top! i pretty much only get it when its humid or my hair is dirty nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes . i was in target ready to get me a pick comb n they were fresh out nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_mad . i also wanna try blasting my blowdryer on my roots to kinda stretch it out too...any suggestions are appreciated!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 3rd August 2010, 9:24 am

Your coil out turned out good. Coils are the best because you can wear them coiled for a week then do a coil out for another week.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd August 2010, 9:56 am

yup cuz im definitely stretchin these out all week cuz i just dont have time to do it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd August 2010, 1:05 pm

Girl my mom calls them that. She refers to them as hats so much my daughter when she was 2 when ever my mom put her hat on she knew that meant they going outside. lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd August 2010, 2:28 pm

Nice coil out Nubie! You are going to LOVE the Bee Mine products. If I could afford to buy the whole line, I would.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd August 2010, 2:35 pm

she sent me the moisturizer, some other cream, hair milk n refresher spritz! im so excited cuz i looooove aloe vera.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd August 2010, 2:37 pm

NubieNatty wrote:she sent me the moisturizer, some other cream, hair milk n refresher spritz! im so excited cuz i looooove aloe vera.

The moisturizer is my fav. Next best thing since sliced bread! nubienatty - Page 13 Lol
I haven't tried the hair milk or the spritz but I've heard nothing but good things about them!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th August 2010, 10:50 pm

hey laydeez!! still rockin my coil out. i did a late length check and im at 5 inches so by the end of sept (30th will make my anniversary) i expect to have my full 6...which will complete my experiment that hair grows a half an inch a month...basically 6 inches per year! im on the fence with cutting it becuz summer is pretty much over and im gonna keep it in protective styles starting in the fall and DEFINITELY in the winter. bianca took such a beating last winter and i dont want a repeat.

with more growth im starting to realize some condish dont mesh well with bianca...i.e. suave naturals condish! i used it a few wks ago after the pool and it was too watery and not thick enuff. for the most part im gonna stick to slathering n detangling w/my aussie's n EO, and HEHH condish becuz i got a family size of it. these other lil 8 oz condish's are for the birds cuz im too heavy handed and it cost too much.

so my updated length chk pics...crazy me labeled them for aug when i meant july nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes but luckily in my journey section i have em in order to keep up!

nubienatty - Page 13 Aug_le13

i use my co-workers as my photographers and their in such an amazement every month with how much its growing!
nubienatty - Page 13 Aug_le14

i gotta get my oyin wish list together for this sat's meetup! im so excited.

nubienatty - Page 13 Aug_le15

oh wait...i almost forgot to share my pics from the gram'nea's bday in the park!

me n mason, he's so terrified of the water
nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne10

he loves her soooo much! i think im just the surrogate
nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne11

me n my sister
nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne12

mmmm dem ribz were sooooooo good, i'd shank somebody for a piece right now!
nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne13

and of course she loved her cupcakes mason made
nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne14
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th August 2010, 11:14 pm

NubieNatty wrote:

nubienatty - Page 13 Gramne12

Look at Mason's hand....He is just like my son...always feeling on breast....no matter who they are attached too nubienatty - Page 13 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th August 2010, 11:43 pm

lmaooo his hand always migrates to my boobs and he wasnt even breastfed nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes . when he gets sleepy he says "mommy, can i lay on you" and he falls asleep on my boobs. im like dude...u almost 4 n gettin too tall to be sleepin on top of me! i just cant wait til he gets his own BED so i can stop gettin slapped n kicked in my sleep nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_neutral
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th August 2010, 11:54 pm

NubieNatty wrote:lmaooo his hand always migrates to my boobs and he wasnt even breastfed nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes . when he gets sleepy he says "mommy, can i lay on you" and he falls asleep on my boobs. im like dude...u almost 4 n gettin too tall to be sleepin on top of me! i just cant wait til he gets his own BED so i can stop gettin slapped n kicked in my sleep nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_neutral

My son slept with my while I was in New York and I couldnt wait until we got back home so I could get some real sleep. I was thinking about converting his baby bed into a toddler bed (he had the 3-in-1 bed) but after sleeping with him, I better wait a little while longer because I know he would fall out the bed.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 5th August 2010, 8:27 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:lmaooo his hand always migrates to my boobs and he wasnt even breastfed nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes . when he gets sleepy he says "mommy, can i lay on you" and he falls asleep on my boobs. im like dude...u almost 4 n gettin too tall to be sleepin on top of me! i just cant wait til he gets his own BED so i can stop gettin slapped n kicked in my sleep nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_neutral

My son slept with my while I was in New York and I couldnt wait until we got back home so I could get some real sleep. I was thinking about converting his baby bed into a toddler bed (he had the 3-in-1 bed) but after sleeping with him, I better wait a little while longer because I know he would fall out the bed.

LOL my 2 year old is the same way! He's been like that since he was a baby. Always putting his hand in some woman's shirt! Do your boys ever put their hand up your skirt too? Mine does that especially in church! Geez!

Nubie Mason is soooo cute! He looks a lot like you.

@Lynnie - we converted Nigel's crib to a toddler bed. It came with 2 rails to attach to it but they were too small for my wild sleeper. So we bought a bed rail (the kind that you slide under the mattress). Of course the first couple of nights his wild sleeping resulted in him pushing the rail on the floor, and he came down shortly after (but still didn't wake up). But now that he's used to it he's fine. Only thing is that now both he and his brother end up climbing into our bed in the middle of the night.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th August 2010, 8:30 am

Mawnin' Nubie.

LMAO at Mason. Hey, at least you know now that he's all about the BREASTESIS. nubienatty - Page 13 Lol I'm glad you had a great time at the BBQ. Have a great day today!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 5th August 2010, 9:57 am

lol! That has got to be a boy thing because my son just turned 11 months and he does that and he has discovered himself at bathtime Rolling Eyes I stop him and he does it again. My friends son is a couple months older so she lets me know ahead of time what to expect from these little men...smh. Having a son does help us understand why men act the way they do doesn't it lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th August 2010, 12:21 am

lmaoooo i think its just in a man's genes to be nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_porc z!! mason will fall asleep playing wit himself..eeek!! he's a trip!!

ok so im at work and of course we've been hella busy due to the storm/tsunami/tornado or whatever the heck came blowing thru here! **sigh** and i had a nerve to sign up for overtime tomorrow..whhhhhhy!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 6th August 2010, 12:31 am

NubieNatty wrote:ive always been scared of those "hats" cuz im scared they'll slide off nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_silent

So i did my coil out last night...oh wait..THANX KNH!!! got my package yesterday and i WILL be using it this week and im excited to try this BEE MINE line nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_biggrin . I oiled my scalp w/my afroveda shikaki oil which felt oh so good and hit my edges up w/castor n gave a good scalp massage. i figure since i'll be pretty much busy this week i wont get to have my wash day til Sun!

before...
nubienatty - Page 13 Anim_df1bd9da-0756-7964-35c9-b56db4625624

after...
nubienatty - Page 13 Anim_cc6c8142-a09a-a134-014a-4d763a44aeb3

i need to work on perfecting more volume at the top! i pretty much only get it when its humid or my hair is dirty nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes . i was in target ready to get me a pick comb n they were fresh out nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_mad . i also wanna try blasting my blowdryer on my roots to kinda stretch it out too...any suggestions are appreciated!!

They look great to me. I wish I could do coils, but the front of my hair just laughs at my attempts.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 12:45 am

NubieNatty wrote:lmaoooo i think its just in a man's genes to be nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_porc z!! mason will fall asleep playing wit himself..eeek!! he's a trip!!

ok so im at work and of course we've been hella busy due to the storm/tsunami/tornado or whatever the heck came blowing thru here! **sigh** and i had a nerve to sign up for overtime tomorrow..whhhhhhy!!!

It's a party in their pants!! I told one of my friend that it's a new toy that they've discovered.... it just seems that they still "discover" it when they're grown too.....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 6th August 2010, 9:26 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:lmaoooo i think its just in a man's genes to be nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_porc z!! mason will fall asleep playing wit himself..eeek!! he's a trip!!

It's a party in their pants!! I told one of my friend that it's a new toy that they've discovered.... it just seems that they still "discover" it when they're grown too.....

lol!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th August 2010, 10:30 am

ok lol! You all have me cracking up with the little man rituals!!

Nub your coils are beautiful! Your growth is so evident, doesn't it feel good? The coil out came out nice too. I want to try them again, but seriously...I can't imagine..my hair is getting too long.

As for the link about what is considered natural. I say do you!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th August 2010, 12:16 pm

Hey Nubie...

I'm glad you got the package!! Enjoy the Bee Mine...I hope it works for you like a charm. I sent you everything I had except the serum. Still on the fence with that I love the shampoo bar...but I really like the EcoCustard for twisting.

Your coil out turned out so good. Now that you've coiled it out, what do you do at night to keep it from frizzing up? Just curious...

Love the pictures from your grans birthday...Mason is just a cutie. I will not get started on the antics of boys. I been through every stage...SMH. LOL Boys are such a trip, but you gotta love them!!

I responded...hope it wasn't too late!!

Take care...
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th August 2010, 12:11 am

@knh; i actually did nothing for the frizz. i spritz when i wake up n before i go to bed n throw on my satin bonnet. sometimes i had my turban on. i just refuse to sleep pretty anymore so i just let it do what it does! i started gettin frizz about day 3ish from fluffin the back out.

soooooo laydeez, i was so beat up from work last night i went home n passed out to sleep nubienatty - Page 13 Sleep and i tried my hardest to give up my overtime tonight but of course nooooobody wanted to take it. it actually worked out becuz i got last minute housing paperwork to do. mason's off to the gram'nea's and their hittin the beach tomorrow so i can complete my curly girls day out tomorrow. cant wait to attend the meetup...good ol' cheesecake factory (chicken n shrimp jumbalaya n strawberry lemonade heeere i come **licking lips**) im gonna TRY not to get a cheesecake but i think that defeats the purpose of goin! and my wish list for OYIN nubienatty - Page 13 617583 !! cant wait...

so since i wont be able to do the works on bianca til sunday i just threw my puff into a poofy puff. i've decided that my spritz'z will be my ary'vedic oils w/castor and pooka nectar. today i used amla n amla gold. ive been gettin really good changes with my hair using these oils. i did jasmine n amla gold last time and im lookin for somethin to mix the shikakai with to mask the scent of soy sauce nubienatty - Page 13 Icon_silent . ive been shedding less (although im due for a protein treatment w/my acai condish) and it feels stronger.

my first pic is inspired by jnb n curls galore wit the bangs, then i felt it was takin over my headband so i twisted it up n 3 parts n pinned em down
nubienatty - Page 13 Anim_4b96edff-0a73-2b14-f5b2-f8ba968860cd

have a good wknd laydeez!!! nubienatty - Page 13 879602
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 7th August 2010, 12:19 am

NubieNatty wrote:

just so u know, im stealing the pinned twist bangs...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 8:05 am

iri9109 wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:

just so u know, im stealing the pinned twist bangs...

Okay....consider this style stolen.... Suspect lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 8th August 2010, 12:13 pm

Nice hair Nube!!

LOL @ all the discovering going on. But I get the feeling it's not just restricted to boys. My daughter has discovered her girls up top and her dad is none too pleased about it, lol! She gonna pinch 'em off in a minute!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th August 2010, 12:17 pm

nattyblog wrote:Nice hair Nube!!

LOL @ all the discovering going on. But I get the feeling it's not just restricted to boys. My daughter has discovered her girls up top and her dad is none too pleased about it, lol! She gonna pinch 'em off in a minute!

Oh no!! Tell her she's gonna need those!! lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next