CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 7 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 9:24 pm

Hey Nubie!!!

Love that avi girl!!! Your hair is really growing..now taking about dropping pictures off in your thread!!! You are too funny!! Did you check out the clearence section on Pooka's website?

Just asking!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd July 2010, 8:39 pm

KNH...u always tryin to keep a sista BROKE!! nope i aint lookin at nothing clearance on nobody's site this wknd nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_evil

Thanx laydeez! im so excited this wknd...last night i discovered another box...it was my koils BN. which really is nothing new, lol...cuz i love my pammy pie and i cant WAIT for her hair milk to come out to try becuz she is clearly becoming apart of my staples...REALLY fast!! i got the mango butter which she should always keep in stock becuz im so in love with the smell. i got reunited with my lavendar n eucalyptus gel nubienatty - Page 7 Herz ooooh how i missed you so!!!

well i wanted to chunky twist to prepare for my fro tomorrow nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_bounce im using tia n ooops method; but my hair was SO moisturized i didnt want to weigh bianca down anymore than i had to. im gonna credit my "moisturization" (yes i said it, lol) to koils butter/hairveda combo mixed with my scalp bein greased w/pooka nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_biggrin . i even had it out without retwisting at night and it STILL stayed nice n moist.

I spritz'd w/water n oil concoction and just twisted away...i cant wait to see everyone tomorrow DONT FORGET TO POST UR FRO PICS HERE!!!

dont mind mason playing kickball...i needed a 2nd pic for flickr, lol.

nubienatty - Page 7 Anim_374f7e64-7adf-9514-9953-88b53b797f00
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd July 2010, 8:48 pm

LOL @ Mason pic with yours 'cause of Flickr

Congrats on homeownership!

That convertible dress looks interesting. I may have to check out ebay soon.

Looking forward to seeing your 'fro.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th July 2010, 7:43 pm

Here's my fro lady.
nubienatty - Page 7 Img_0022
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th July 2010, 7:56 pm

dropping of a pic

nubienatty - Page 7 Img_5125

More pics here
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 4th July 2010, 8:20 pm

My attempt at a fro, no idea what I was doing, LOL

nubienatty - Page 7 100_2110
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 8:53 pm

looking good laydeez! IM SOOOO LOVING it and enjoying see u guys picks

@carfi; giiiiiirl please ur fro is off a FRESH henna/indigo treatment!

@chrs; u are showing OUT! dmnnnn!!

@lynnie; is that an old minoritee's tee? where'd u get that from?

nubienatty - Page 7 Anim_e00c734d-5ccb-c314-3514-f024e6afa2af
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th July 2010, 8:58 pm

I got it from Trendyteez. http://www.etsy.com/shop/trendyteez

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 4th July 2010, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th July 2010, 9:00 pm

Loving your fro nubie, go 'head miss thang!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 9:03 pm

love ur black love avi lynnie nubienatty - Page 7 Herz

I am so overwhelmed with so much happiness and excitement of my fro i cant even describe how far on cloud 9 i am on today! Im officially 9 months and today is the first day where i starred at myself in the mirror to really admire the beauty of my fro...and myself nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_smile . i cant believe we have something people actually go to the store and PAY for to weave in their heads. this kinky weave phenom is taking over and the main ones who turned their noses against going natural are now PAYING for full and thick locks nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_scratch

the last pic is mason showing off his eyes cuz i told them they changed color, lol
nubienatty - Page 7 Anim_2dbdb774-a138-c254-95d7-f6f7333ac4d9
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th July 2010, 9:14 pm

Mason is such a cutie pie!

You are truly looking great lady! Loving all the pictures of you in your fro!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 9:19 pm

Mason did this pose on purpose, lol. My future Sean John model
nubienatty - Page 7 Anim_6ac0447f-f9eb-72c4-71eb-b7a8be91a905

I have been flickn away all day...i just cant help it nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_bounce . ive been using my camera so much my iphone battery is literally BONE dry and if u have one u know it doesnt take much nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_neutral My battery is on E!!

hopefully nikki does "afro day" segment where she showcases all these gorgeous fro's yall been displaying all day! im gonna have to rock my fro' more often!! ok yall so yes im excited to see u ALL and im at work so i have literally allll night for you guys! for NOW...im bout to dig into some RIBS fresh off the grill and if only u could taste em right now...it makes me wanna smack the shyt of this computer right now for bein so dmn good....homemade ice tea...corn on the cob **licking lips** GOTTA GO!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 4th July 2010, 9:54 pm

These fros are so gorgeous!! I'm so jealous!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th July 2010, 10:36 pm

Ok Nubie per your order here's a pic of one of my fro pics (lol)

nubienatty - Page 7 04010
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 10:50 pm

i was looking for u krazy cuz i seen ur avi in somebody thread...i wanted to tell you nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_eek THAT THANG IS HUUUUUUUGE!!! u on e. badu level wit that height!! wow!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th July 2010, 11:15 pm

you all are rocking the fro....I stuck to a curly fro!!
nubienatty - Page 7 Sam_0511
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 4th July 2010, 11:19 pm

man i love evrybodys hair! esp u & chrs...and the accessories made it extra cute...&mason is soooo darn handsome!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 11:40 pm

thnx iri!!!

its gonna be a scorcher in the DMV with the expected heat wave this week soooo Bianca's gonna have to tone it down again. my fro will have to go nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_cry ...its been fun...its been real but anytime its hot outside i gotta do LESS as possible!

My plan; pre-poo w/vatika frosting OR amla gold n brahmi mix; co-wash YTCarrots (mixing a tad bit of dr. bronners soap to kinda clean my scalp) and DC w/hairveda sitrinillah. Throwing it up in 2 strands and putting it an updo'! YUP!! thats my look for the week. i want NOTHING on my face and/or neck wit it being as hot as a robber walkin in a bank wit no mask!

i'll pretty much be busy this week handling last minute paperwork n meetings w/my realtor n etc to finalize my closing and secure my closing date nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_bounce im so excited...so i'll be in and out of here this week peekin in when i can! i had soooo much fun today laydeez, yall dont understand. i really appreciate the continued support and inspirations yall give me to continue my journey and to make it easier than expected. LOVE U GUYZ!!! nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_silent (thats a smooch)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 5th July 2010, 1:31 am

nubie I had to do a search for your page, but I HAD to tell me you look like my aunt back in the day with your fro (only she had red hair)

anyways...were you ordering fro pictures? well it got so hot I had to put on my visor nubienatty - Page 7 06310 don't want to get in trouble if I can avoid it Smile
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th July 2010, 12:04 pm

you better do it NTCM, looking all cool with the shades and fro, lol!

Nubie, love your fro. You look really cute. And Mason, do I have to say anything. He is ADORABLE!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 6th July 2010, 10:29 am

Nubie that is one handsome baby boy you got, get your bat ready for the bats. Loving your afro and the accessories. The euphoria of your happiness is traveling through the cyber world and jumping all over me, I'm so full of happiness with you and for you. Continued happiness and blessing Miss lady!!

Yeah tonigh I plan to pre-poo and DC Miss CurlyBop. Throw in some chunky two strand twists and do some kind of updo with them.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th July 2010, 10:40 am

Thnx dva!!

ooooh so i didnt know nikki was gonna feature me, lol. i was so surprised to see my face (again) on front page nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_razz but i was truly writing from the heart...which is the only way i know how to do!

yesterday i did my pre-poo w/amla gold and vatika oil mix for a good 2-3hrs or so; then i tried something different-i had some left over shikakai oil in a small applicator bottle (u know the bottles w/the tips on the top) and decided to add some dr. bronner poo to it. i remembered how tia uses an applicator attached to her cd poo to apply directly to the scalp. maaaaan, i LOVED that method. it was so much easier to just use the applicator bottle cuz i literally only wanted it on my scalp.

i massaged my "shikakai poo" w/my fingertips to make sure i was evenly covering my whole head. i have a confession: i still like to dig into my scalp w/a good scrub cuz it just feels soooo good; plus my old permie habits die hard nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes After i rinsed i applied my YTCarrots...maaaan i LOVE this stuff. will i buy it again...mmm yea AFTER i get rid of the rest of my condish. As i was applying my ytc, i was thinkin...wow, i havent touched my aussie moist in a loooong time. i need to revisit my aussie moist soon and thats a FAMILY size! i honestly dont need to be buyin no more lil 8 oz condish's of nothing esp when im heavy handed w/condish. Needless to say, my tresses were definitely moisturized after that combo!

Ok another thing i tried just becuz i was bored AND curious; when i dc'd w/hairveda sitri i section, apply and twist (which i find to be most effective for me) but i chose to pay more attn to my ends (i KNOW i need a trim) so i whipped out some qb honey balm and used it for my ends and edges of my hair-another confession: im obsessed with my edges...i make sure i pay EXTRA special attn to them becuz i know its the thinniest lil baby hairs on my head. i cant wear it pulled back too long cuz all i can think about is the abuse to my edges...**ocd moment**

WELLLLL!! i've found a winning combo on how to use my qb honey balm becuz once i rinsed it out...it was soft and fluffy as a cloud. i will be incorporating my honey balm in my dc's more often nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_biggrin Afterwards, i twisted and did an updo. how long i'll keep it...for the week or until these bobby pins make my head hurt. its just TOO DMN HOT for hair period nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_evil

speaking of HAIR...it was hard for me to sleep cuz ive been gettin addictive to youtube. i was watchin jnb's response to tanisha1's long hair obsession; such a good topic thats been heavily on MY mind lately. when chisselle coutour cut her hair everyone got themselves all in a tizzy so she did a video to "explain" herself..i didnt think she needed to explain herself to NOBODY! its her hair and if she wanted to shave it bald...so what. everyone gets so over dramatic when someone goes from long hair to short...why? people looked at me like i was crazy when i'd grow my permed hair out bsl and do a halle berry cut...why? its just hair and it'll grow back. i think we hide behind long hair as such an insecurity when it really just hides our natural beauty. when i had my amber rose, i couldnt wait for my hair to grow and now i miss my twa days.

i honestly dont see myself having the patience to deal w/chrs n tia's length. i love short hair. its classy, sophisticated and chic. i feel so much more confident w/short hair becuz u see ME...all of me. If i wasnt documenting my growth for a whole year it would be cut right now...speaking of cut...

I was watching lethal pleazure's vid; she's around here somewhere. that girl is HILARIOUS!!! she's got me thinking of doin another cut...tapered style cut. although im 3 months and 1 1/2 inches away from 6; im thinkin i might as well do it while its short and i think it'll look really cute for the summer and as it grows out. less is more for me and i honestly not having the patience to do too much of anything. sooooo who knows...im SERIOUSLY contemplating it, i just gotta find the right person to cut it. nubienatty - Page 7 Icon_bounce
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th July 2010, 10:45 am

hey carfi...u are definitely emulating sheer happiness especially after that successful henna/indigo treatment! its so funny how happy my naturalness has made me; i cant even describe it nubienatty - Page 7 Herz
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 6th July 2010, 10:49 am

I know girl I can't keep my hands out my hair or my eyes out the mirror looking at my hair. I can't recall ever being this excited about my natural hair. I can't ever see myself going back on the creamy crack, EVER!!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th July 2010, 10:55 am

Hey Nubie,
So you mixed the Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm with Hairveda StiriNillah Deep Moisture Mask?

I'm not really feeling the StiriNillah so if I can add some extras to it to finish it out that would be great and I really like the Qhemet OHHB.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next