CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 11 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by sweetdrk1 25th July 2010, 2:39 am

That's great you meet kimmaytube! Even better spending time with lil handsome one!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th July 2010, 11:44 am

Hey Nubie,

Love your hair candy. Your clutch is fabulous! I know you'll rock that well. Hope you enjoyed/are enjoying the time off.

So, you ran into Kimmaytube. How cool? I noticed in one of her videso she mentioned something about "what type of real housewife of Prince George's (she said PG but I don't say that) County she would be" and she mentioned shopping at the Whole Foods in Alexandria. I was like okay, she's out here somewhere in the neighborhood. That's cool you met her. I can tell she is probably a cool person even though some critize her videos (she's very frank and honest IMO). Her stuff is fact based and you can't beat that. nubienatty - Page 11 Suspect @ you for no pics. I've learned to keep my camera in my purse. But I'm guessing if you were just running out for a quick min you weren't planning on pic taking, LOL!

btw, I sent you a PM for the coils.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 25th July 2010, 7:23 pm

oooo...you met Kimmay!!! LUCKY!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th July 2010, 11:56 am

Heeey laydeez!! let me start off n say...I HATE MONDAYS!! to come to work on a monday morning reminds me of my 9 to 5 days and how much i HATE em but i got 2 more days to work so i cant complain.

yesterday went shoppin before that dmn DMV tsunami hit. I seen how dark n windy it was outside and even though i dont use an umbrella anymore i said...im NOT goin out there right now nubienatty - Page 11 Kopfschuettel . it was just too much so i continued to shop nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_razz . I went looking for some work pants cuz im SURE i'll have an interview coming up soon but i just cant find a perfect pair that doesnt emphasize my muffin top AND that comes long enuff to touch the floor. sometimes it aint worth goin in tj maxx n etc to take 10 garments to try on and NONE of em fit u right nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_neutral . i REFUSE to get anything over a size 18 so i guess somebody better make some dmn miracle pants that fits everything i want.

ok so let me get to my pics....

me n mason had a day of painting, it was actually kinda fun too!
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_803ffca9-6f12-7c64-f181-166a3a2e18fb

got my I.M.I.'s from tia!! love my LBD and i couldnt stop takin pics of me rockin em
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_d3683b99-3a29-7204-854f-c641f645b429

so i tried my cellophane rinse KNH gave me nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_biggrin ; like i said i didnt use heat but i obviously wont do that again cuz the color didnt take TO ME, so im gonna try it again WITH heat later this week!
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_b26a8c16-ffbf-6a94-5508-9e9764762f72

now i wanted to rod set the top and attempt my wng on the sides w/eco...well umm...my sides didnt go as planned so i just coiled it up really quick since i had already slabbed the gel on. i actually liked how my quick coils came out n took me less than 20 min to do em. i was thinkin hmm...i shouldve done my whole head like this!
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_ead11867-1fc0-5fa4-f1d7-b7a415eef053

After the frustration of my color not coming in and a failed wng on the sides...my hands apparently were tired from my coiling; THIS is as far as i got in my rod set ATTEMPT nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_neutral
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_0dd30cac-5559-1654-11a2-0396fdf9f887

i just resorted to what i know best nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_smile
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_a8c58b08-ed6d-0f24-1927-26fd8b5cacbd

i left it twisted up for about a day. i really didnt want to let it loose but thought it was pretty crazy looking to have half coils n half twist.
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_52bfa239-7bd6-d8a4-21f5-bc3e3be8730d

So those are my pics...if u notice in the last one, my sides are lookin kinda thin. i think its cuz i've always parted on that side and pin it back. well now i need to add some castor n scalp massages in my reggie to nurse it back to health. Although i used eco gel, my hair wasnt crunchy...maybe becuz i spritz it afterwards w/my water n oil mix nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_scratch I styled the top w/some QB burdock and with the humidity n heat its extra fuzzy looking. my coils are holding up even with it fluffed out. so my coils arent crunchy but they still have plenty of hold which is why i have no problems w/gel. even if it does come out crunchy i get my desired results n style!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th July 2010, 1:28 pm

THANK YOU NUBIE FOR THE YES TO CUCUMBERS!!! Can't wait to try it!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th July 2010, 1:56 pm

ur welcome! wow they must of got there fast cuz karyn said she got hers too! i was stuffing the crap outta that bottle to fit it in the envelope!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th July 2010, 6:35 pm

hey nubie! you know im hatin on yo twists right? Smile lol im sorry your color didn't come out how you wanted it to. Im crossing my finger for better results the next time
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th July 2010, 7:33 pm

Your twist looks great, your hair is really growing too.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th July 2010, 8:42 pm

Aww why didn't you finish the coils? They were looking good. Those twist were mighty juicy, go head now!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 26th July 2010, 10:28 pm

at first i thought that mason had drew the pic of you with the fro (which was gorgeous btw) lol i was about to say that lil boy is talented! but your bonding moment was soooo cute...& those twists were lookin delish!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th July 2010, 10:16 am

Hey Nubie!

That twist/coil out turned out really good. LOL @iri because I thought that Mason painted the pic too. I was like how old is he again...he is really good lol. That's cool that you met kimmaytube I like her vids they are bery detailed.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th July 2010, 8:38 pm

thanx guys nubienatty - Page 11 Herz that is pretty funny to think mason did that. if he had we'd be on oprah now!

i finally got my camera back on point so i have a few old pics to share; i did a wng today to wash out my coils. i poo'd w/gio TTT n detangled w/aussie smooth (cuz i left it in the bathroom) and followed w/the TTT condish. detangling was a breeze, surprisingly and i just stepped out n put on some KBN leave-in and a dash of hairveda green tea butter! soooooo im rocking my fro! im gonna attempt my color again and i KNOW i need to DC this week so stay tuned for PART DEUCES!!

first up...
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_32a0913c-ae2a-3184-591f-9cdce592e778

nubienatty - Page 11 Anew_d11

nubienatty - Page 11 Anew_d12

my nephew...
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_18127b8e-7c93-9174-2d88-9019e00a58fb

random me pics...
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_1fb54808-d097-f2f4-b59e-07df399c4a78

my brothers graduation pics (and my ebay pants Smile
nubienatty - Page 11 Anim_c3b0cab0-5a53-2604-a932-25c01570f8f0

and mason n his dad
nubienatty - Page 11 Anew_d10

ok im off into the makeup thread...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th July 2010, 8:54 pm

Great pics. Your twists look great....nice and plump! You should really do those coils...you were doing a good job.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 9:04 pm

Congrats on meeting Kimmaytube! And you've got some awesome accessories. I might have to hit up NTCM like ASAP. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 27th July 2010, 9:08 pm

mason is ridiculously adorable!!!! his dad kinda reminds me of idris elba (well atleast from the side lol)...

those ebay pants are cute...so is your hair...

your nephew is adorable too ( i love chunky babies lol)
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th July 2010, 11:09 pm

IDRIS ELBA nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_eek ...giiiiiiirl dont EVEN sice that fool up! more like EBRIS EL-NAW!!! i wish i could find me an IDRIS; i'd be happily married right about now! thanx laydeez!!

im still rockin my fro but thats cuz when i got off work this morning i went to bed n didnt wake up til 3p! **sigh** after i get off work tomorrow morning im gonna scoop mason up...go home n sleep til about noon then get up to work on my hair. i KNOW im gonna DC cuz my hair feels as dry as an elephants foot right about now! i wanna coil but i think im gonna 2 strand it and then keep em in for a few days to turn em into coils. doin my whole head is so intimidating; EEEK!! im doin overtime fri AND sat, n sunday we're celebrating the gram'nea's bday at the park then BACK to work on a monday morning...UGH!! im gonna be so tired i know!

im gonna hold out on my next rinse attempt til next week, i cant stand how dry my hair is now...guess i need to work on perfecting a moisturizing fro next nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_scratch

question: have u ever had 2 of the same names in ur phone and couldnt tell em apart, so u called one of em but it turned out its NOT the one u wanted to talk to in the first place but now they wrapping u up and all u keep thinkin is "why did i call THIS one"??? so now u know to make a mental note or change the name to differenciate (sp?) who's who for next time nubienatty - Page 11 Confused
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th July 2010, 11:29 pm

Hey Nubie! Came to say hi!

You met her? She is down to earth isn't she? Pretty cool chic.

Your twists look so nice!! And so shiny! I really love our hair!

Your son is so CUTE! You are going to have some problems on your hands soon. You know light skinded brothas made a come back girl. And he got light eyes too? Mmmmmhhmmm. Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 12:00 am

NubieNatty wrote:IDRIS ELBA nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_eek ...giiiiiiirl dont EVEN sice that fool up! more like EBRIS EL-NAW!!! i wish i could find me an IDRIS; i'd be happily married right about now! thanx laydeez!!

im still rockin my fro but thats cuz when i got off work this morning i went to bed n didnt wake up til 3p! **sigh** after i get off work tomorrow morning im gonna scoop mason up...go home n sleep til about noon then get up to work on my hair. i KNOW im gonna DC cuz my hair feels as dry as an elephants foot right about now! i wanna coil but i think im gonna 2 strand it and then keep em in for a few days to turn em into coils. doin my whole head is so intimidating; EEEK!! im doin overtime fri AND sat, n sunday we're celebrating the gram'nea's bday at the park then BACK to work on a monday morning...UGH!! im gonna be so tired i know!

im gonna hold out on my next rinse attempt til next week, i cant stand how dry my hair is now...guess i need to work on perfecting a moisturizing fro next nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_scratch

question: have u ever had 2 of the same names in ur phone and couldnt tell em apart, so u called one of em but it turned out its NOT the one u wanted to talk to in the first place but now they wrapping u up and all u keep thinkin is "why did i call THIS one"??? so now u know to make a mental note or change the name to differenciate (sp?) who's who for next time nubienatty - Page 11 Confused

That is why EVERYONE in my contacts has a first and a last name.... I know like 4 Michelles and there is only 1 that I want to talk to.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 12:01 am

Nubie!!!
I just realized that I've never been over here!!! I'm extra super de duper late but I like your twists! Imma go through and play catch up!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th July 2010, 12:10 am

lmaooooooooo reds!! i did just that after i hung up wit her too! i will call her when i want a hole in my head, lol.

@natty; giiiiiirl he is already a problem cuz he latched on to this lil girl in his class last year nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes and apparently people tell him he's cute too much cuz he told me "mommy u cant hit me cuz im cute...and smart" nubienatty - Page 11 Icon_eek

kids say the darnest things!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th July 2010, 4:48 am

NUBIE, LOOK AT YOUR GROWTH AND RETENTION! GREAT PROGRESS Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th July 2010, 3:14 pm

LOL he's cute and smart. Love the fro! I tried going on ebay yesterday to look for some cheap flexi rods. Lord i just don't have no paitience for auctions and searching! I don't know how you do it. And i was looking for crochet hooks but plenty of them were coming from hong kong and I know delivery would take forever and I could probably go to joann's and scoop one up for 2 bucks.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th July 2010, 4:10 pm

Love the new avi Nubie! You look good in purple. And your baby boy's picture of the lady was so cute!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th July 2010, 6:21 pm

Whew!!! I have to come over here more often!! I had to go back about 3 pages!!

Your son is SO cute!!

Sorry your color didnt come out right but those twist were looking good....and plump!!

I cant wait to see how the cellophane works next time....with heat!!

OMG!!! You got to meet Kimmaytube!! I know I would have made myself look like a fool in front of her!!! I LOVE ME SOME KIMMAYTUBE!!

I think I covered everything.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 29th July 2010, 7:43 pm

Ok Miss Nubie

Like i said before I love the new avitar , that's fresh Girl ! (and don't be laughing ) lol, ok go ahead ! I took it back !

But Mr Mason is just too cute !!!! and looks like ya'll had a good time .

And wow Kimmaytube !!! that's awesome . also love them ebay pants !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next