CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

+65
PaganWifey
cyclingchick
Buttercup76
iri9109
nattyblog
priceless
QuietButterfly
raina
swoodward
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
jlowman1
LadyMika
Pi*Jay
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
poeticlyspkng
missmoriah
Karyn
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Winnielours
MellowOne
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LaToya28
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
MahoganyCurls
blondie
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocoEuro
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
mojitochica
curlykinks
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
beautifuleyez
truet
A85
AfrikanLatina
divadr175
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
dajewel
BindyMac08
SheeTacular
69 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by SheeTacular 20th April 2010, 10:27 am

@Tia Well first of all if i cut i real short it would be convenient. Second from no prpoerly detangling befor and snatching out knots my hair has varying lengths. Thirdly the new hair in my bald spot was less visible in a shorter wash n go. its varying lengths as well but it looks like a twa in the top of my head.

@nubie yeah girl not sure how short or when.

I might just do a series of trims. IDK just tossing ideas around
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by sweetdrk1 20th April 2010, 1:33 pm

You know I have been thinking once I get to my 1year mark I my BC again. BUT I ooo so want my twists to act right! LOL!

I am sure whatever you do your hair will love you for it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th April 2010, 2:29 pm

My brother has a video camera......can't wait to get my hands on it...lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th April 2010, 3:34 pm

Hi Shee

I think you did a great job on your twist!!! WOW I went back to page 1 and compared your pictures and your hair has really grown!!

I like your hair, but if you decided to cut I'm sure that it will be cute as well!!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th April 2010, 5:25 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:@Tia Well first of all if i cut i real short it would be convenient. Second from no prpoerly detangling befor and snatching out knots my hair has varying lengths. Thirdly the new hair in my bald spot was less visible in a shorter wash n go. its varying lengths as well but it looks like a twa in the top of my head.

@nubie yeah girl not sure how short or when.

I might just do a series of trims. IDK just tossing ideas around

what if you pinned the twists to camouflage the hair that's growing in?

sweetdrk1 wrote:You know I have been thinking once I get to my 1year mark I my BC again. BUT I ooo so want my twists to act right! LOL!

I am sure whatever you do your hair will love you for it!

sweet you know you don't need to BC to get that look. All you gotta do is give sasha the conditioner only--she'll shrink the way you want.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th April 2010, 6:26 pm

I completely understand how you feel about deciding whether to cut your hair or not. With my edges being as short as they are and the rest of my hair growing like normal there was just no way the edges would catch up. I also had spots that weren't as full as other spots so when I picked out my fro I had see through ends and that just wasnt working for me. So I say do whatever makes you feel good! You know we have your back and support you 100% Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 20th April 2010, 6:48 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:@Tia Well first of all if i cut i real short it would be convenient. Second from no prpoerly detangling befor and snatching out knots my hair has varying lengths. Thirdly the new hair in my bald spot was less visible in a shorter wash n go. its varying lengths as well but it looks like a twa in the top of my head.

Ok that makes since. Some times we must sacrifice for healthy hair.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st April 2010, 1:06 am

Thanks for your support ladies!! You all are so sweet. I guess I will trim while I'm on the twist challenge then decide when I practicing my wash n gos. I can't believe how bad that post was typed and you all still understood what I was trying to say. I was doing what sweet all ways fusses at me about but I promise to get better. Traffic was slow in construction so I figured it was best to post then. Anywho!!! Love y'all.

PS. What we gonna name IB's hair???
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st April 2010, 1:37 am

I totally understand about you wanting to cut your hair. I have a bald spot in the middle of my hair too. It's growing back so I'm able to cover it. And when it's in twists you can't really tell because it's parted anyway. But when I wear my puffs and twist outs, there's a gap and I spend like 30 minutes trying to fluff the surrounding hair over it. But I don't think ima cut mine. Ima just work with it till it all grows out and trim gradually. SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Icon_neutral
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st April 2010, 11:53 am

Yes, trimming your hair to aid in its overall growth sounds okay. Just make sure you are ready. GL on twist challenge. We can do this, yes we can, LOL!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 1:23 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Thanks for your support ladies!! You all are so sweet. I guess I will trim while I'm on the twist challenge then decide when I practicing my wash n gos. I can't believe how bad that post was typed and you all still understood what I was trying to say. I was doing what sweet all ways fusses at me about but I promise to get better. Traffic was slow in construction so I figured it was best to post then. Anywho!!! Love y'all.

You are going to make me drive to Chi town just to fight you! NO TYPING IN THE CAR!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd April 2010, 2:55 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I totally understand about you wanting to cut your hair. I have a bald spot in the middle of my hair too. It's growing back so I'm able to cover it. And when it's in twists you can't really tell because it's parted anyway. But when I wear my puffs and twist outs, there's a gap and I spend like 30 minutes trying to fluff the surrounding hair over it. But I don't think ima cut mine. Ima just work with it till it all grows out and trim gradually. SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Icon_neutral

I knew I wasn't the only one with this issue. It looks like it's coming along but when I do a WnG it looks so bald. **le sigh*** anywho thanks.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, trimming your hair to aid in its overall growth sounds okay. Just make sure you are ready. GL on twist challenge. We can do this, yes we can, LOL!

Thanks!! YES - WE - CAN!! I decided to trim and go from there.

sweetdrk1 wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Thanks for your support ladies!! You all are so sweet. I guess I will trim while I'm on the twist challenge then decide when I practicing my wash n gos. I can't believe how bad that post was typed and you all still understood what I was trying to say. I was doing what sweet all ways fusses at me about but I promise to get better. Traffic was slow in construction so I figured it was best to post then. Anywho!!! Love y'all.

You are going to make me drive to Chi town just to fight you! NO TYPING IN THE CAR!!
You will drive a lil too far west cuz I'm in Michigan but we can meet in the Chi and do some shopping..LOL. SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Lol

Okay Okay. I don't wanna fight!!! SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Kopfschuettel

Last edited by SheeTacular_Napps on 22nd April 2010, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd April 2010, 2:59 pm

OMG ok last night I washed my hair

Unraveled old twist then applied EO Lavendar Condish.
Rinsed then shampooed with Giovanni Smooth as silk.
Conditioned with Giovanni Protein Infusion and Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle for 30 min.
rinsed and put in 4 puffs with Hair insurance leave in Aussie moist and shea butter.

Retwisted with KBN Hair and Body butter and Eco Custard.

Put it in big twists for a chunky fro or twist out during the conference this week. I am also doing a video with my brothers new camera. I woke up this morning and it wasn’t dry. So I got dressed and ready for work debating on unraveling or pinning twists and wearing it to work.

On the long commute through construction I started to unravel with one hand. It felt good and a good portion of the smaller twists were dry. It was a lil oily in spots. I massaged the part in the back. well when I arrived at work I pulled down the mirror to style or pin or put in my flower and what did I see……….8 BILLIONS LIL WHITE FLAKES. I wanted to cry but this wasn’t the time to be a lil girl. So I started brushing them out of the edges with my hand and did a half Rosa Park roll. My coworkers say they aren’t noticeable until I point it out. Any who outside of the white stuff it’s cute and soft and defined. I will have to work on my usage of the ecostyler custard with other products. I believe I just put too much custard and butters on my hair. I will take pics.

I decided while I was washing that my hair doesn’t look bad enough to get a cut right now. I will just trim and bide my time. I will post the vid when I get it edited. Which will probably be Sunday cuz the conference ends on Saturday and I have church on Sunday.

I will retwist Sunday or Monday night for the challenge.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd April 2010, 3:36 pm

Hey, just stopping by to say hello
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd April 2010, 4:44 pm

I was like snow?? What snow! I am sorry about the white balls.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd April 2010, 5:09 pm

LOL
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd April 2010, 5:10 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I was like snow?? What snow! I am sorry about the white balls.
Me too! I was ready to SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Icon_sad since Chicago seems to send some of their weather to the DMV.

I hope you figure out what happened. I remember reading this tip. Place products in hand and rub together. If balls are going to form they will typically occur with a small amount of each product. I do this when using two products I have not used together or did not remember using together. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd April 2010, 5:23 pm

Hey Rosebud!! Thanks for dropping by.

Chrs Thanks for the tip!! Y'all know a sister is heavy handed aint no telling what all the variable were. I will try it again cuz my hair feels nice minus the white stuff. I will try to post pics tonight.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd April 2010, 6:57 pm

I was confused too!! Snow??? Huh? SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Icon_scratch LOL I can't wait to see pics!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd April 2010, 8:23 pm

u are the 3rd person today i read about this infamous snowball fight today...you, msstokes and mel... SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Suspect !! theres a conspiracy around here!! **getting magnifying glass out**

DETECTIVE NUBIE ON THE CASE!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd April 2010, 2:49 am

NubieNatty wrote:u are the 3rd person today i read about this infamous snowball fight today...you, msstokes and mel... SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Suspect !! theres a conspiracy around here!! **getting magnifying glass out**

lol!

BUT SERIOUSLY, I think the snowy problem we see here with all these curlies is heavy handedness. I learned very quickly that it is best to use products with a light hand, then if you don't see what you are looking for increase the amount.

Another BC for the summer would be fun. More wash n go ability indeed.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd April 2010, 8:37 am

Camera don't do it justice but I got quite a few compliments. You can't see the shine or curl definition.

I think I went through 3 styles before the day was done.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2514

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2515

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2516

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2517

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2518

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2519

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2520

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2521

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Dsci2522
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 8:44 am

Morning Shee....

I think all of the styles are very cute!!! I've had snow once...and it does come from being heavy handed with your product. The funny part about my snow day was I was trippin because before I decided to go natural, I would see other natural ladies with snow in their heads and couldn't understand why they left the house like that!!

Isn't it funny how God allows us to experience things to get a better understanding. Don't you just love him? I Do!!!

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd April 2010, 8:59 am

bholmes87 wrote:I was confused too!! Snow??? Huh? SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Icon_scratch LOL I can't wait to see pics!!!!

Yeah snow was the only way I could describe it.

NubieNatty wrote:u are the 3rd person today i read about this infamous snowball fight today...you, msstokes and mel... SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 19 Suspect !! theres a conspiracy around here!! **getting magnifying glass out**

OK Detective lol.... I'm pretty sure I over did it on the gel.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:

lol!

BUT SERIOUSLY, I think the snowy problem we see here with all these curlies is heavy handedness. I learned very quickly that it is best to use products with a light hand, then if you don't see what you are looking for increase the amount.

Another BC for the summer would be fun. More wash n go ability indeed.

Hey IB!! You are correct. A cut will make WnG easier .
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd April 2010, 9:12 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning Shee....

I think all of the styles are very cute!!! I've had snow once...and it does come from being heavy handed with your product. The funny part about my snow day was I was trippin because before I decided to go natural, I would see other natural ladies with snow in their heads and couldn't understand why they left the house like that!!

Isn't it funny how God allows us to experience things to get a better understanding. Don't you just love him? I Do!!!

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH

Good Morning KNH!!

I know I was so mean and closed minded as a permie!! The Lord is amazing. He can show you better than He can tell you. I love Him so much.

Have a great Friday!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next