CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by Lynnieluve 5th February 2010, 2:53 pm

Whew! You have definitely been on a up and down course but the good things is God is laying the path of your course and in the end you will end up where you are suppose to be.

So what happens with the grad position? Is that a job or schooling? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 5th February 2010, 3:02 pm

Totally not a dumb question. Because I have no experience as a nurse (finished school this past fall), I have to get a position that caters to new grads. They combine classes with working on the unit. With the economy, hospitals are opting out of hiring new grads, which sucks for new grads and patients!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th February 2010, 3:33 pm

Who the heck knows what that was all about... Telling you your great but not hiring you? Its like an oxymoron, sheesh. We're all rooting for you Terra, something will come along that is just right for you. Hope to see you this sunday if the rain doesnt keep us in.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th February 2010, 3:35 pm

You know what I love about you....whenever we are waiting for good news about a job it's never what we expect, it's always great news about something else. God is preparing you for something!

Skinny weak girl....that's me all day!! Share your workout-my upper body strength is so sad that it's ridiculous!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th February 2010, 4:24 pm

I will be there Keisha, unless the rain cancels it! I agree, it's a total oxymoron!

Thanks Tia! I can't wait! I will post the workout on here! I have a weak upper body and core! My uncle laughs at me, saying "you're the most out of shape healthy person I know!" So I'm trying to get toned. I will post it a little later!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 5th February 2010, 5:06 pm

I added you as my friend on Fotki.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th February 2010, 5:27 pm

Cool. I'll go add you!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 2:49 pm

Morning Ladies!

This weekend I DC'ed with Aussie Moist, Olive oil and Aussie 3 minute miracle. I left all three in, braided, put on a plastic cap and went to bed! I woke up saturday, rinsed, applied castor/jojoba to scalp and braided for air drying. After drying I applied castor/jojoba mix to my scalp again and did loose braids for a braidout bun, that I was going to try. I sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes before bed, but when I woke up for church...What do you know, my hair was still fairly damp. I pinned it back and went on with life. My natural texture came threw and I had a few loose areas and a few curls. The curlychronicles meetup was fun. There were a lot of curlies and each table had interesting convos! And.....The Saints Won !!!!! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Icon_cheers.
Today is monday and this is the first month of my "Get Firm For Summer" challenge. I'm going to include my daily workouts in my blog posts. I'm a skinny girl and would like to be a little stronger and toned. You're going to say "TerraD, you can barely break a sweat with that workout", and that's my point exactly. I want to force my muscles to grow, through resistance, I already have little body fat, so burning calories is NOT a goal.
With that said, here's Monday:

-10-15 minutes cardio (shadow boxing, jumping jacks, invisible jump roping)
-20 squats
-20 lunges
-25 dead lifts (w/feet parallel shoulder width apart and 3lb weights in each hand. Have arms hang in front, bend over as if to touch toes, but let weights slowly pull you down until knuckles touch the ground Return to resting position and repeat)
-25 crunches
-25 reverse curls (on back, arms @ sides, legs straight up in air, point feet to ceiling. Slowly raise and lower butt ONLY. Keep core flat)

Enjoy and take it slow! Follow up with a protein smoothie or a PB & J TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th February 2010, 2:54 pm

I may join you on this workout schedule. I don't know about everyday but I need to do it at least 3 times a week.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 3:06 pm

I totally did not mean to put daily in there. It's monday-thursday, I only do friday if I skip a day. And weekends are for being a bum! LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th February 2010, 3:07 pm

TerraD wrote:I totally did not mean to put daily in there. It's monday-thursday, I only do friday if I skip a day. And weekends are for being a bum! LOL

That's more like it! LOL, I am so lazy.
I am supposed to be going to Zumba tonight. I hope I can make it
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 3:10 pm

Zumba is intense. You will love it though, at the end your legs will feel like jell-o LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 8th February 2010, 3:34 pm

Now see I was coming in here to compliment your hair and your boots from yesterday but since ur a saints fan, im taking my compliments back... im just not going to erase them. Whats going on with the bunning? did u change ur mind?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 3:53 pm

LOL! I didn't become a Saints fan until this year!
I'm still bunning, I just couldn't get my poofy hair into a bun yesterday!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 4:12 pm

Make sure you take some pics to document your progress...Get Firm for Summer!! If you stick with it, you will definitely reach your goal.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 8th February 2010, 4:18 pm

awww! I wish i could have made it to the curly meet this weekend. My sis in law nita was there!! I BCd this weekend and i told her to show you guys my cut. LOL... I don' think she did though!

Im definately going to make the next one!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 4:24 pm

p_nuttie43 wrote:awww! I wish i could have made it to the curly meet this weekend. My sis in law nita was there!! I BCd this weekend and i told her to show you guys my cut. LOL... I don' think she did though!

Im definately going to make the next one!

Where are the pics?!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 4:35 pm

Yeah! We totally want to see those pics!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 8th February 2010, 5:01 pm

Hey TerraD! Showing you some love on your side of the CN world Wink

Girl, I looked at you yesterday and thought, "this girl has the best stomach ever!" But you go on with your bad self and get it even better for the summer.

I'm going to check out that website you told me about.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th February 2010, 5:43 pm

LOL. Thanks, girl! I was probably holding it in, out of instinct LOL. oh yeah, the website is www.bglhonline.com
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th February 2010, 3:21 pm

Hello Ladies!
Nothing new with my hair. I'm oiling with the castor/jojoba mix and have yet to have itchies! My henna came and I will be applying it on friday. I will attempt a new bun today and will post if pics are worthwhile.
I had a great workout yesterday! So great that I added 15 minutes of ballet warmups (which I miss so!). Me and John Legend shook our groove thangs a couple times as well (I always suggest a great cd). Since yesterday was butt, legs and abs. Today is arms and chest. I have pretty puny arms, if I say so myself. So I will definitely be struggling to get my Michelle Obama on:
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 2009-010
I love this lady!

Here's tuesday:

-20 mins of cardio (shadowboxing is my fave, it prepares me for if I ever have to fight another curly for the last bottle of Hello Hydration at Walgreens TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Suspect LOL)
-20 pushups (double if possible!)
-20 chest presses (lie on floor w/wt in each hand. Bend arms so hands are by shoulders with palms facing. Push and rotate wts toward ceiling until arms are straight and palms face toes. Repeat.)
-20 chair dips (sit on edge of chair with knees bent and weight on heels. Grab the front of the seat w/fingers underneath. Keep back straight and use arms to slowly lower torso until elbows are at shoulder level. Repeat)
40 bicep curls (20 per arm w/3-5lb wts)

*Canned goods may be used in place of weights. Marshall's and TJ Maxx usually have them for under $10.
*A lot of these exercises are fairly easy. To enhance workout wear ankle or wrist weights, keep tummy pulled in from beginning to end and complete moves slowly. This will ensure a tougher workout, while keeping sweating to a minimum TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Icon_cheers .

Enjoy and have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th February 2010, 3:47 pm

I have been working on my arms. I gotta have me some Michelle Obama arms for the Summer. I think I am half way there.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th February 2010, 4:38 pm

I know. That's my goal too!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 10th February 2010, 3:59 am

TerraD wrote:
-20 mins of cardio (shadowboxing is my fave, it prepares me for if I ever have to fight another curly for the last bottle of Hello Hydration at Walgreens TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 17 Suspect LOL)

lol I can see u now, knocking curlies to the ground as you do a fouette en tournant in the middle of the hair care isle at walgreens. Not a single strand of hair out of place... flower
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 10th February 2010, 4:26 am

ummmm thanks for reminding me i was supposed to be bunning this month lol. miami completely threw me off! but i need to see some new buns to spark my creativity...so go head, dish!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next